Creativity On The AET...What Happened?

Comments

• If someone identifies a problem at my work, they're put in charge of correcting it. So I think DS should be in charge of an AET retention and creativity program :)
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • Nice shirt.
  • Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    If someone identifies a problem at my work, they're put in charge of correcting it. So I think DS should be in charge of an AET retention and creativity program :)
    That's a helluva way to stifle dissent and criticism! :lol:
    but then i suppose complaining to people about a problem you've noticed is a helluva way to pass the buck. hmm
    yup. only ds can fix this. god help us all. :lol:
  • Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyViVmaBQDg
    now that's creative. you can't say i don't contribute.
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    I never look to see what forum I'm in :lol:
    just answer a thread from the heart.

On a positive note I think creativity abounds, I laugh, I cry, I'm entertained, I get pissed off,
    I have insight into people which I absolutely love.
    Even the standard threads that are hit daily I like cause I am sharing what someone else
    is experiencing far away. I think that is awesome :D I like people.
  • curlygirly9curlygirly9 Posts: 1,872
    edited December 2012

Dammit.Touche :lol:
    Post edited by curlygirly9 on
    Rose Garden Arena - Nov 02, 2000, Key Arena - Oct 22, 2001, Key Arena - Dec 08, 2002, Key Arena - Dec 09, 2002, Clark County Amphitheater - Sep 26, 2009
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,782

Dammit. Haven't gotten treated to such an awesome video in a while. Thanks
    jeez, you cant give it away how awesome this video is!!! :nono: :nono:
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • curlygirly9curlygirly9 Posts: 1,872
    mickeyrat wrote:

Dammit. Haven't gotten treated to such an awesome video in a while. Thanks
    jeez, you cant give it away how awesome this video is!!! :nono: :nono:

You're right, I've spoiled the fun. OP changed..
    Rose Garden Arena - Nov 02, 2000, Key Arena - Oct 22, 2001, Key Arena - Dec 08, 2002, Key Arena - Dec 09, 2002, Clark County Amphitheater - Sep 26, 2009
  • If someone identifies a problem at my work, they're put in charge of correcting it. So I think DS should be in charge of an AET retention and creativity program :)
    That's a helluva way to stifle dissent and criticism! :lol:
    but then i suppose complaining to people about a problem you've noticed is a helluva way to pass the buck. hmm
    yup. only ds can fix this. god help us all. :lol:
    :lol: omg did i just put DS in charge? :? :fp:

• PJFAN13 wrote:
    or the Dan Marino picture in just about every thread? :?
    Hi - I am the reason DS put the Dan Marino picture on so many threads. It was his return serve of nonsense because of a 'tit for tat' discussion we were having. I am sorry it ruined your experience here (and others), but it was so awesome seeing my hero on a Pearl Jam fan board. :D

CurlyGirl9 made a tremendous valid point - lots of threads and topics either get created or replied to and then die (for some odd reason). And perhaps DS is right, they get bumped down past the pgs 3-4 and nobody meanders there. I for one find CurlyGirls topics often interesting and will respond more, I promise.

I used to ONLY "lurk" in the Porch because it was a great way to get some info on the band, read some funny "guesses" and "requests" of where they might play - and once in a while get turned on to a new version of a fave or bootleg I might not have previously known about. I had no idea what AET or A Moving Train were about until I accidentally posted something about the Mets in the "Porch" and it was politely pointed out to me I should hang out more in AET...

This forum is highly entertaining - on my levels. However, there is (like over in AMT) a HUGE amount of hatred, disrespect, over-the-top ballbreaking, shooting down of opinions and general nastiness that - quite frankly - doesn't make it an appealling place to come visit. Just being honest.

I was unemployed for a good stretch this year (from June to Dec 1) and this place was my therapy. Seriously. When I got stressed or sad or nervous, I could come here and see the wisdom of Byrnzie, ComeBackGirl, HughFreakinDillon - the kindness of Dimi, Mikalina, the humor of 81, DS, Chadwick, Mamasan, the beer philosophy of Horos and Shep, the love of music of SatansFuton, PeaceFromPaul and Newch - etc (and I apologize if I left you out)...All of you and the aforementioned helped me get through tough stretches, in most cases, and made me look forward to checking in on this community daily...

Then the elections happened...and some tragic shootings...and man this place has not only NOT been the same, its not even required daily reading/contributing anymore. The nastiness, division, negativity and downright lack of gratitude for each other and plain ol' decency made me check out. Sadly this place isn't a daily recommended or desired place (for me). I sense that is the case with a lot of missing members.

Think that answers your question too DS.

Merry Xmas everyone. And goodwill to you fellow man.
    I find AMT, and even the Porch to some extent, a difficult place to hang out at times. I have to distance myself from those places at times. I stayed away from AMT for about 5 years or so, but I'm glad I found my way back there because there are some very cool people on there that don't often visit this forum. AET is my sanctuary. Being here usually just makes me feel good. :) It goes through cycles of how fun or creative it is, then it will slow down. People have been making similar comments since I first joined :lol:

• DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    It's quite refreshing to see a little variety around here today.
  • This place sux midget monkey balls....
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
    Must be a sad existence.
    :D
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    Board used to be fun before I had to dig through ancient threads to see what's currently happening with people.
    #FHP
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    BUMP

:lol:
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • :lol:
    Im not kidding when I say this DS, your threads are some of the most creative...maybe you set the bar too high.
    I think thread starting is an art...some of us have it, some of us not so much...I only think about music, beer, and getting naked, so my thread creativity is kinda sub par.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • i like the creativity of 10c new system with tickets!!!awesome!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    Im not kidding when I say this DS, your threads are some of the most creative...maybe you set the bar too high.
    I think thread starting is an art...some of us have it, some of us not so much...I only think about music, beer, and getting naked, so my thread creativity is kinda sub par.

We think quite alike.

WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    you're right. I really thought the pistachio thread was going to take off. :fp: :fp:
  • Mamasan23 wrote:

We think quite alike.

hehe
    Well, damn at least i'll have one response in my "music, beer, naked" thread I've been pondering since October 2006. ;)
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • LloydXmas wrote:
    you're right. I really thought the pistachio thread was going to take off. :fp: :fp:

:lol::lol: Mee tooo...I guess I'm narcissistic like that. There's still time Lloyd, it could take off, or get the honorary "2 year later bump" from DS in 2015... I do thank you for putting my name up in lights for a day though :mrgreen:
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    sorry...i haven't posted much in a while.

8-)

:|
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    Lizard wrote:
    sorry...i haven't posted much in a while.

8-)

:|

:cry:
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    FHP
  • PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,874
    i was about to post something like this

look at the front page of the AET - it's all threads with 6,000 pages of replies

have we run out of ideas? are new people avoiding this part? has Gary caused all this?

has this place become even more cliquey then it's always been?

thoughts?
  • shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    i remember blockbuster threads
    did you see me? i saw you.
  • afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    i keep thinking about starting a "Marry, Screw (can't use the other word), Kill" thread...because the possibilities are endless...and it would be interesting to see what people would say...but I pretty sure it would have a high chance of getting locked... :|
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....