Creativity On The AET...What Happened?

DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
edited November 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
I found this section of the forum last year by accident to be honest. My Dad had just passed and my engagement was falling apart. There was a thread I posted on the Porch about all of the "Angry People". I think it was right around the time Alpine tickets went on sale. Well any who..the mods moved the thread here so I followed it. I also began reading some of the other threads here and posting as well. It was something to do that took my mind of off other shit. There are a lot of creative, intelligent, compassionate and funny people here. Lately I've noticed a change though. Threads getting locked...people bumping threads for really no apparent reason but selfish ones...members who used to be here frequently not here anymore. I hate to say it but this section of the forum is starting to get real stale. Whenever I log in it's the same threads day after day. I'll even open those same threads and hope to find something interesting but all it is a smiley face 3 days after the previous post just so that user could "bump" that thread...or its a video link...whatever. Nothing there...no substance or thought....nothing. And then to find the same video link in multiple threads...what's the point of that? Where's any thought or creativity? Is this really what this part of the forum has become?

It's great having casual, fun, sometimes serious...sometimes not interaction with other PJ fans over the internet but to me it's just different around here lately. It's almost turned from a forum for PJ fans into a commercial. I think thi is why I like looking through older threads and commenting on those. There seemed to be some real thought put into those. People actually looking for a discussion or an opinion. Good ideas. Not the same old shit bumped day after day.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    I just found this funny new video that should liven things up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iD32b_iA2uE
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497

I thought you posted this one. That would have made me through my computer right through my office window. :fp: :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mohB_7y_7f4
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,782
    I think once this one thread about angry people was created people just said fuck it. Whats the point. You shoulda been here before that thread. Place was rockin!!!
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat wrote:
    I think once this one thread about angry people was created people just said fuck it. Whats the point. You shoulda been here before that thread. Place was rockin!!!

I guess I'm the buzzkill. :lol:

In sure this thread will be buried soon enough behind the same inane ones. Ill guess ill just have to bump it when that happens. :lol:
    :mrgreen: :corn:
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,405
    i like cake. yummy.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    Bump because this wasn't on top.
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    Tomorrow there will probably be like 3 "The 'Creativity On The AET...What Happened?' thread is 1 day old today" threads. I am looking forward to reminiscing about this thread though. We sure have had some great times here.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • Tomorrow there will probably be like 3 "The 'Creativity On The AET...What Happened?' thread is 1 day old today" threads. I am looking forward to reminiscing about this thread though. We sure have had some great times here.
    :) :thumbup:
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
    Tomorrow there will probably be like 3 "The 'Creativity On The AET...What Happened?' thread is 1 day old today" threads. I am looking forward to reminiscing about this thread though. We sure have had some great times here.
    :) :thumbup:
    viewtopic.php?f=14&t=201108

• DS1119 wrote:

I thought you posted this one. That would have made me through my computer right through my office window. :fp: :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mohB_7y_7f4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4nsloZe9SI
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    If we all had less guns I think we'd find more creativity on the board.
    #FHP
    DS1119 wrote:
    There was a thread I posted on the Porch about all of the "Angry People". I think it was right around the time Alpine tickets went on sale. Well any who..the mods moved the thread here so I followed it. I also began reading some of the other threads here and posting as well. It was something to do that took my mind of off other shit.
    Sorry to about the shit.

Glad you came over here though. I enjoy most of what you contribute and enjoy taking a poke at you now and then. ;)

I tend to look at who's posted most recently and use that to decide if I want to open the thread.

Me, I don't care what your doing, eating, thinking, listening to, waiting for ......blah, blah, blah. But I will look in those once in a while when I see that someone with interesting comments posts there.
    #FHP
    Horos wrote:
    I see what you did there. It made me ponder things.

mickeyrat wrote:
    Horos wrote:
    I see what you did there. It made me ponder things.
    I'm all for what you did there. :D
    #FHP
    Everyone got a life?

except me obviously
    #FHP
    Horos wrote:
    Everyone got a life?

except me obviously
    right there with ya.

Must be a steelers fan thing. :fp:

mickeyrat wrote:
    Horos wrote:
    Everyone got a life?

except me obviously
    right there with ya.

And somehow the Steelers thread is 50? pages deep.
    #FHP
  • curlygirly9curlygirly9 Posts: 1,872
    I've only started a few topics, and when I do, I barely get responses, which gets old. But so does seeing the same threads everyday...
    Rose Garden Arena - Nov 02, 2000, Key Arena - Oct 22, 2001, Key Arena - Dec 08, 2002, Key Arena - Dec 09, 2002, Clark County Amphitheater - Sep 26, 2009
    Horos wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:
    Horos wrote:
    Everyone got a life?

except me obviously
    right there with ya.

And somehow the Steelers thread is 50? pages deep.
    not much to be posting about this year.

I've only started a few topics, and when I do, I barely get responses, which gets old. But so does seeing the same threads everyday...

I think it's because you usually post later at night and by the time the morning comes your threads get buried by those old same threads. I can only speak for myself but I usually wont read threads beyond the second page. I've changed. The way things are right now the first couple of pages is actually the stale stuff.
    The Passions. :fp:

70s videos.

Loonies. :crazy:
    #FHP
  • Fuck the AET.
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    This thread sucks
    4x as many guests as registered users. Sad enough that I'm here posting but are we really that interesting that guests come to read through the threads?

Some of the guest must be 'read-only' members, if so.....

Fuck you 81! :wave:
    #FHP
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,776
    DS1119 wrote:
    And then to find the same video link in multiple threads...what's the point of that? Where's any thought or creativity? Is this really what this part of the forum has become?

People actually looking for a discussion or an opinion. Good ideas. Not the same old shit bumped day after day.

:lol:

so is this why you were bumping threads from '07? Also so this means no more posting the PJ crown of thorns vid or the Dan Marino picture in just about every thread? :?
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • PJFAN13PJFAN13 Posts: 1,422
    or the Dan Marino picture in just about every thread? :?
    Hi - I am the reason DS put the Dan Marino picture on so many threads. It was his return serve of nonsense because of a 'tit for tat' discussion we were having. I am sorry it ruined your experience here (and others), but it was so awesome seeing my hero on a Pearl Jam fan board. :D

CurlyGirl9 made a tremendous valid point - lots of threads and topics either get created or replied to and then die (for some odd reason). And perhaps DS is right, they get bumped down past the pgs 3-4 and nobody meanders there. I for one find CurlyGirls topics often interesting and will respond more, I promise.

I used to ONLY "lurk" in the Porch because it was a great way to get some info on the band, read some funny "guesses" and "requests" of where they might play - and once in a while get turned on to a new version of a fave or bootleg I might not have previously known about. I had no idea what AET or A Moving Train were about until I accidentally posted something about the Mets in the "Porch" and it was politely pointed out to me I should hang out more in AET...

This forum is highly entertaining - on my levels. However, there is (like over in AMT) a HUGE amount of hatred, disrespect, over-the-top ballbreaking, shooting down of opinions and general nastiness that - quite frankly - doesn't make it an appealling place to come visit. Just being honest.

I was unemployed for a good stretch this year (from June to Dec 1) and this place was my therapy. Seriously. When I got stressed or sad or nervous, I could come here and see the wisdom of Byrnzie, ComeBackGirl, HughFreakinDillon - the kindness of Dimi, Mikalina, the humor of 81, DS, Chadwick, Mamasan, the beer philosophy of Horos and Shep, the love of music of SatansFuton, PeaceFromPaul and Newch - etc (and I apologize if I left you out)...All of you and the aforementioned helped me get through tough stretches, in most cases, and made me look forward to checking in on this community daily...

Then the elections happened...and some tragic shootings...and man this place has not only NOT been the same, its not even required daily reading/contributing anymore. The nastiness, division, negativity and downright lack of gratitude for each other and plain ol' decency made me check out. Sadly this place isn't a daily recommended or desired place (for me). I sense that is the case with a lot of missing members.

Think that answers your question too DS.

Merry Xmas everyone. And goodwill to you fellow man.
    11.30.93~10.2.96~9.13.98~9.1.00~8.25.00~7.3.03~7.5.03
    7.9.03~9.28.04~10.1.05~5.12.06~5.13.06~5.27.06~5.28.06
    8.5.08(EV)~10.9.09~5.21.10~6.20.11(EV)~7.5.11(EV)~7.9.11(EV)
    11.21.13~8.27.16(EV)~11.14.16(TOTD)~4.13.20~9.27.20~9.26.21~10.2.21
    2.15.22 (EV)~2.25.22 (EV)~2.27.22 (EV)~5.3.22~5.7.22~9.17.24~9.29.24
  • PJFAN13 wrote:
    Hi - I am the reason DS put the Dan Marino picture on so many threads. It was his return serve of nonsense because of a 'tit for tat' discussion we were having. I am sorry it ruined your experience here (and others), but it was so awesome seeing my hero on a Pearl Jam fan board. :D

CurlyGirl9 made a tremendous valid point - lots of threads and topics either get created or replied to and then die (for some odd reason). And perhaps DS is right, they get bumped down past the pgs 3-4 and nobody meanders there. I for one find CurlyGirls topics often interesting and will respond more, I promise.

I used to ONLY "lurk" in the Porch because it was a great way to get some info on the band, read some funny "guesses" and "requests" of where they might play - and once in a while get turned on to a new version of a fave or bootleg I might not have previously known about. I had no idea what AET or A Moving Train were about until I accidentally posted something about the Mets in the "Porch" and it was politely pointed out to me I should hang out more in AET...

This forum is highly entertaining - on my levels. However, there is (like over in AMT) a HUGE amount of hatred, disrespect, over-the-top ballbreaking, shooting down of opinions and general nastiness that - quite frankly - doesn't make it an appealling place to come visit. Just being honest.

I was unemployed for a good stretch this year (from June to Dec 1) and this place was my therapy. Seriously. When I got stressed or sad or nervous, I could come here and see the wisdom of Byrnzie, ComeBackGirl, HughFreakinDillon - the kindness of Dimi, Mikalina, the humor of 81, DS, Chadwick, Mamasan, the beer philosophy of Horos and Shep, the love of music of SatansFuton, PeaceFromPaul and Newch - etc (and I apologize if I left you out)...All of you and the aforementioned helped me get through tough stretches, in most cases, and made me look forward to checking in on this community daily...

Then the elections happened...and some tragic shootings...and man this place has not only NOT been the same, its not even required daily reading/contributing anymore. The nastiness, division, negativity and downright lack of gratitude for each other and plain ol' decency made me check out. Sadly this place isn't a daily recommended or desired place (for me). I sense that is the case with a lot of missing members.

Thanks for the shout out!

Yeah man, election time and the shootings brings out a lot of emotions... we can get at each other's throats quite often.
    I think most everyone does a good job at keeping the serious discussion on AMT and it seems most are good at leaving the bickering there.

On the AET just a lot of sarcasm.
    #FHP
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,776
    PJFAN13 wrote:

it's cool, i thought it was funny (the dan marino pic) :D I don't mind old threads from '07 or before i joined getting bumped. I don't however care for 2 or 3 threads of the same subject. :fp:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC