New Man of Steel Trailer

2»

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,511
    I'm looking forward to seeing it this weekend. Some people I have read that have seen it already said they think some critics are being harsh in that they have this pre-conceived notion of who Superman is. That they can't see him being different than the Donner version. I'll find out Sunday.

agreed. it was good, not great by any stretch of the imagination though.
    www.myspace.com
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    81 wrote:
    Saw it today....thought it was really solid..totally destroyed the last one...

Then we went and ruined it be sneaking into the end. Top five worst movies ever

Dang I was between seeing both o these today and had the urge to laugh so we saw Rhis is the End. I really wish I had gone with my gut instinct and saw superman. This is the End was pretty bad.

This is the End was so bad, i wanted to ask for my money back....i kept waiting for it to get funny...and it never happened. only scene that made me laugh was the cum scene. Seemed like they were either trying to hard on everything else, or not trying at all. Told the woman they should have at least put in some boobs. Yet, it's getting great scores on the tomato sight :fp:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,777
    i'm on the fence with Man Of Steel. Some parts I liked others not so much. Overall it was ok :|

This is the end i'll probably see sometime this week.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    i'm on the fence with Man Of Steel. Some parts I liked others not so much. Overall it was ok :|

This is the end i'll probably see sometime this week.

i can understand the reviews. i wanted to like it more than i did. but overall, i felt it was good.

i think i missed the richard donner era music. i normally like hans zimmer's stuff, but it fell kind of flat. i've had the 80's era superman theme stuck in my head all weekend. :lol:

on an unrelated note, i'm a pretty big batman fan but every time i watch tdkr i like it less. saw it on hbo last night....it's clearly my least favorite of the tdk trilogy. not even close actually.
    www.myspace.com
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,895
    One area they really dropped the ball was not introducing the whole shared universe enough, to set up a justice league movie later on. They really should have done more like Marvel did starting with Iron Man.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
    was there any secret trailer after the credits? the movie nazi kicked us out during the credits.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    One area they really dropped the ball was not introducing the whole shared universe enough, to set up a justice league movie later on. They really should have done more like Marvel did starting with Iron Man.

there is a rumor that the satellite that superman knocked down at the very end had the wayne enterprises logo on it.
    www.myspace.com

there is a rumor that the satellite that superman knocked down at the very end had the wayne enterprises logo on it.

woman said that she heard they stuck reeves face on superman during one of the flight scenes
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg

It was, and there was some Luther corp stuff in it too. Just thought they would have done a little more. Maybe in MOS II we get a cameo or something.

It was, and there was some Luther corp stuff in it too. Just thought they would have done a little more. Maybe in MOS II we get a cameo or something.

well i think warner and nolan and company are not sure what direction they want to go at this point and wanted to see how well this movie did before getting all ramped up for a sequel/justice league/supe-batman team up movie stuff. so keeping it really low key makes sense in that regard.
    www.myspace.com
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,776
    Saw the Luther oil truck

Missed the Wayne reference

Ending was similar to Avengers..... I just find it funny that whatever you think of this film, Superman returns has better critic reviews than man of steel :lol:

Now that's pretty dumb... That movie is boring as hell. Kevin Spacey couldn't even save it.

I think Critics get paid for reviews... They gotta be, right?
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    Saw the Luther oil truck

that was sweet.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg

well i think warner and nolan and company are not sure what direction they want to go at this point and wanted to see how well this movie did before getting all ramped up for a sequel/justice league/supe-batman team up movie stuff. so keeping it really low key makes sense in that regard.

That is true, better not risk it all right out of the gate.
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    81 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    Saw it today....thought it was really solid..totally destroyed the last one...

Then we went and ruined it be sneaking into the end. Top five worst movies ever

Dang I was between seeing both o these today and had the urge to laugh so we saw Rhis is the End. I really wish I had gone with my gut instinct and saw superman. This is the End was pretty bad.

This is the End was so bad, i wanted to ask for my money back....i kept waiting for it to get funny...and it never happened. only scene that made me laugh was the cum scene. Seemed like they were either trying to hard on everything else, or not trying at all. Told the woman they should have at least put in some boobs. Yet, it's getting great scores on the tomato sight :fp:

Funny you should say that. I was sitting here pondering what movie policy is on refunds. It was that bad.
    There was one boob. Did you miss it? the chick on the floor giving Michael Cera a hummer had a boob out.

We left the movie and I tried to get my wife to sneak into Superman, but after this is the End, she just wanted to get the hell out of the theater. :fp:
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,192
    Thanks for reviews people i'll pass on the END will def go and check out Superman what is it with movies lately can someone name the last Great movie that has come out i can't think of one ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    Thanks for reviews people i'll pass on the END will def go and check out Superman what is it with movies lately can someone name the last Great movie that has come out i can't think of one ...

It does seem to be slim pickens in recent years.

I loved Life of Pi though..
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)

last year was pretty solid
    www.myspace.com
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559

in terms of hollywood experience - i think avengers comes pretty close ... full on popcorn flick ...

as far as great movies in general ... there have been some real gems but you have to go to the arthouses mostly for that ... films like moonrise kingdom and the beginners were excellent ... they just don't always play in the multiplexes ...
    There was one boob. Did you miss it? the chick on the floor giving Michael Cera a hummer had a boob out.

ah yes...side boob. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    i liked it, it was kind of loud and too sci-fy-ee, but some solid acting provided by the great kevin costner. he stole the movie
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Did someone say boob?
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
    i have a free Regal movie pass, i'll probably use it for The End then.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    Thought MOS was good, not great. Even my 10 year old who has never said mediocre things on any movie, thought it was meh.
    GoiMTvP.gif

not even worth a free pass :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg

last year was pretty solid

Yeah there were a few good ones, but I thought jose was talking about the last time we were blown away by a GREAT flick such as Pulp Fiction, Usual Suspects, Fight Club, Goodfellas, Forrest Gump, Good Will Hunting, Swahshank, etc...

It just seems a bit slow the last 5-7 years to me. I cant remember a movie from the last few years that had great acting, great plot, and great dialogue, that I was dying to get to the theater on release day for.
    81 wrote:

not even worth a free pass :lol:

should have listened to you :oops:

I barely even laughed. Only bright spot was Danny McBride. I think they were trying to hard to make it funny if that makes sense
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    Saw Man of Steel yesterday. I thought it was a solid superhero movie. Nothing exceptional though. Ending sequence went on for too long.
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,776
    81 wrote:

ah yes...side boob. :lol:

There was another girl in that scene that was making sure Mr.Cera didn't have any prostate issues :lol:

There was some nutty stuff in that film