Hartford venue sucked

PrlJam27PrlJam27 Posts: 346
edited May 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
Sound was good, thats about it.....

Who was the asshole engineer that designed this place?

2 doors only for reserved seating???
And did anyone try and use the [only] indoor mens room? The only doorway was like 4 feet wide. The line to get in was like being in a mosh pit it was so tight, and leaving the restroom was even worse. But the funny thing was that when you finally got in there, half the urinals were unoccupied. People couldnt get in because even more people were trying to get out.

And what the fuck is up with this no beer to anyone under 26 with an out of state license??? Thats some MAJOR bullshit right there.

In conclusion, Pearl Jam, please dont play here anymore.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• GarnerGarner Posts: 182
    got your WOW sticker?
    Barry Bonds is innocent
  • i thought the sound was goo too. did anyone else think that they FINALLY cranked up the sound on matt? he was on fire.
    Give way to nature ...
  • PrlJam27PrlJam27 Posts: 346
    Garner wrote:
    got your WOW sticker?

Absolutely.
  • Atomic PunkAtomic Punk Posts: 2,941
    As much as the show rocked, yes, that venue was a shithole.
    I loved how they had beer vendors on BOTH sides of the walkways, so when the lines grew they almost converged at the middle of the walkway rendering it basically un-passable. The restroom situation sucked as did the lack of entrances and exits for the seating areas...I did not drive there, so I would imagine that the parking lot afterwards was a bitch to leave.
  • "so I would imagine that the parking lot afterwards was a bitch to leave."

yeah it was pretty bad. saw a lot of people just driving over the median to get out. I agree, the venue sucked but the show rocked!!! I was just glad to get the hell out of Hartford. What a crap hole..no offense!
    Mansfield I & II 1998
    Mansfield I & II 2000
    Montreal 2000
    Mansfield I, II & III (The Experiment) 2003
    Boston I & II 2004
    Montreal 2005
    Hartford 2006
    Boston I & II 2006
    Mansfield I 2008
  • Harryj40Harryj40 Posts: 53
    Agreed ........ show was great.......sound was great ......but venue sucked ........ill never go there again.......unless ofcourse Pearl Jam plays there !
    "I know I was born
    and I know that i'll die
    the in between is mine
    I am mine"
    E.V. Pearl Jam
  • GarnerGarner Posts: 182
    PrlJam27 wrote:
    Absolutely.
    I called Ron and Fez last week and asked Ron about Pearl Jam
    Barry Bonds is innocent
  • HailHailVitalogyHailHailVitalogy Posts: 5,123
    the worst part was the free parking....but we had to walk a fuckin mile and a half to get to the venue
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • Jammin909Jammin909 Posts: 888
    PrlJam27 wrote:
    2 doors only for reserved seating???

I dont see how that passed fire code. Thats dangerous as all hell.
    The less you know, the more you believe.
  • Vedder4PrezVedder4Prez Posts: 811
    what idiots.. do they not want to make money on beer sales?

have to be over 26 if out of state>> never heard that before
    Nashville '00
    Houston, B'ham, Nashville, Atlanta '03
    Toledo, Grand Rapids '04
    Kitchener, London '05
    Camden x 2, D.C., Cincy, San Fran x 3 '06
    Chicago '07
    Columbia '08
    MSG x 2 '10;
    PJ 20 x 2 '11
    Atlanta '12
    Wrigley '13
    St. Louis, Memphis '14
    Lexington '15
    Wrigley '16
    Wrigley x 2 '18
    Nashville '22
  • bathroom situation had to be better than people pissing right on the lawn to the left of me. a large pool started to grow and eventually people were diving around in the piss filled mud pit, had to get out of that area, that was during even flo

but people were pissing on the lawn in othe r places too, cmon people hold it or dont go to the show
    I am a rhinoceros and my skin is two feet thick
  • beetlebeetle Posts: 39
    to get beer with an out of state id you needed to go to a special booth to get a bracelet then go get a beer and show your id and bracelet...all in all the venue sucked
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me

8-23-00,8-24-00,4-30-03,7-08-03,7-09-03,7-11-03,9-28-04,9-29-04,10-1-04,5-13-06,5-27-06,6-01-06,6-03-06
  • Ascf33Ascf33 Posts: 5
    The meadows has always been a shit venue. There was a freaking riot for DMB there a few years back.
  • cookiescookies Posts: 113
    That was my first time there and I didn't get it. you could not buy a bottle of water they had to pour it for you. I don't get that you can throw a cup as easy as a bottle and you can all so put something in a cup as easy. but all in all the show was great, When Ed stood on the speaker while singing Alive was the bomb. Inside Job with the lazors were great. So I will just look at this as one great night with PJ and leave all the little things behind. But I will say this that free parking was a joke LOL LOL. and they way they did Garden was not only well worth it but rememberable
    Cookies
    ôjô
  • EBowieEBowie Posts: 532
    Yeah, the venue was a dump. I was in the lawn with a friend of mine. I was really kicking myself for not getting my tickets through the ten club--hadn't planned on going to this show until a week ago. The sound was pretty good, but did anyone else have a hard time hearing Mike on some of his solos. It seemed like he was having some equipment problems or something, because he almost seemed like he wasn't as into some of the songs as he usually is. I don't know, don't want to criticize, Mike is the man and a phenomenal guitar player, but he is human.
  • ewester032687ewester032687 Posts: 149

I believe its 25 at the former Fleetcenter (whatever the hell its called now) in Boston. I know my 21 year old sister (from CT) has had issues with that.
  • ewester032687ewester032687 Posts: 149
    EBowie wrote:
    but did anyone else have a hard time hearing Mike on some of his solos.
    I actually thought his solos were much clearer than the night before in Albany.
  • habs02habs02 Posts: 13
    One of the best performance by the band I have ever seen, Eddie seems to finally want to accept the fact that he's a rock star. That venue is an absolute joke, if you happen to be sitting in the 700 or 800's you had to walk a mile to get to anything. They should burn the place down and start over again.
  • iwasthereiwasthere Posts: 511
    Only one ATM in the entire venue!

And screw the fat somoan security guard outside at the 10c line who kept accusing me of being a scalper because I was standing there for a extended period of time waiting for my ticket buddy. Told a guy from Montreal I was talking to get go away or get arrested for scalping. Also told him to lose the fake accent. The guy was a 10c member who had been to all kind of shows, including Albany the night before.
    tacos
  • gregkitefangregkitefan Posts: 1,115
    Awful venue.
    There are so many things crappy about that place.
  • TheGossmanTheGossman Posts: 1,120

it was that way at the Fleet shows in 04, I was 21 and I had to get my buddy to buy me a few, bullshit! Wouldn't you rather some guy from NC to be drunk that some crazy bastard from Boston?
    9/4/98, 8/4/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/15/03, 4/16/03, 4/19/03, 4/25/03, 4/26/03, 4/28/03, 4/29/03, 4/30/03, 7/8/03, 7/9/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/6/04, 9/1/05, 9/2/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 8/5/07, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 6/14/08, 6/16/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08
  • No beer after 9:15...and the Men's bathrooms were SUUUUUUUUPER SKETCHY!!!
    This one goes to 11...
  • DocChicagoDocChicago Posts: 653
    The bathrooms were sketchy, but most of the problems with flow there had to do with idiots going in through the out door. It turned into total gridlock. Then again, the bathrooms weren't well designed either.

Hope you didn't let it ruin the show for you.
    It is time to admit that we used to rock like hurricanes. It is time to run for the hills and go round and round. It is time for us to shout at the devil. We've got the right to choose it, there ain't no way we'll lose it, and we're not gonna take it anymore.
    - C. Klosterman
  • brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    i'd go to the venue again. plenty of food plenty of beer and i walked back to the hilton long before the parking jam eased up.....

as ed said to the lawn, i could call this song i got shit tickets.......

and what is up with pearl jam "fans" destroying a fence on the way out?
  • nothingman44nothingman44 Posts: 1,495
    brain of c wrote:
    i'd go to the venue again. plenty of food plenty of beer and i walked back to the hilton long before the parking jam eased up.....

as ed said to the lawn, i could call this song i got shit tickets.......

and what is up with pearl jam "fans" destroying a fence on the way out?

there were many people there just to "see a show". most people there couldnt have gave a shit if pearl jam was playing. they just had nothing better to do.
  • marc34marc34 Posts: 221
    You wanna talk about shithole, I was there in 1996 when Ed referred to as problems with tear gas and cops....last night was a cakewalk compared to then
    Hartford 96
    Mansfield 98 x 2
    Mansfield 00 x2
    Mansfield 03 x 3
    Boston 04 VFC x 2
    Hartford 06
    Boston 06 x 2
    Hartford 08
    Mansfield 08 x 2
    EV Boston 08 x 2
    Hartford 10
    Boston 10
    EV Providence 11
    EV Boston 11
    EV Hartford 11
    Worcester 13 x 2
    Hartford 13
    Buffalo 13
    Baltimore 13
    Fenway 2016 x 2
    Hot Stove 2017
    Fenway 2018 x 2
  • pearljamdude420pearljamdude420 Posts: 1,380
    Ascf33 wrote:
    The meadows has always been a shit venue. There was a freaking riot for DMB there a few years back.

really how did that start?
  • pearljamdude420pearljamdude420 Posts: 1,380
    and the show stopped at 10:45 pm right? that curfew is fuckin ridiculous at this venue, i dont know why pj played this venue again after the problems last time, sounds like one of the worst outdoor venues in the country. they should of just played hartford hockey arena, or the one in providence if they wanted a show in CONN, or play UCONN university would of been better. i didnt go to hartford show cause i knew the venue is sucky.
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,142
    1. Did they bust the fence AGAIN or are you referencing the last show there?

2. Not sure if they still do it, but it used to be that if you were under 26 and wanted a bracelet to drink you had to fill out and sign a form affirming your age. Unbelievable.

3. Grew up in southeast CT and went to school/lived in western MA for a little while. Hartford crowds generally blow. I've seen shows all over the Northeast and there is definitely a disproportionate number of meatheads and folks who just get blasted and couldn't care less about the music (they riot at fucking Dave Matthews shows!). Meadows, Oakdale, Webster...doesn't matter, watch your grill.
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,668
    lots of meatheads in the parking lot I noticed. There were some 'fights' (two ir more meatheads arguing about stupid shit) that we saw. Didnt seem like real fans at all.