Some are happy with it
    Some of us just have to accept that maybe this is what we are
    There are some underlying things that people don't always know about
    and you sure can't see it
    All you can see is our size

We are people too
    We are NICE people even maybe, at least I think I am
    We have feelings

NO ONE should be embarrassed like that merely because of what is on the outside

You have no idea.

OK you can tell me to go on a diet, to get some more exercise, etc. but the thing is, you don't know
    No one knows just what is inside another person and what the reason are for some things.

IMHO (and even when I did NOT used to be fat) this is NOT funny, NOT acceptable, NO way, NO how

LESSON TO BE LEARNED: We should ALL treat other people in exactly the same manner that we would like to be treated.

What if you have some acne and your waiter writes Pizza Face on your ticket?
    Or you are an amputee and they write Peg Leg
    What if you have a deformity of some type and they draw a little doodle of their impression of you on your ticket?
    Hmmm?
    What then?

Just because this is aimed at FAT PEOPLE, and to top it off, even worse in our society , FAT GIRLS, doesn't make it OK

And to add to that, why is it OK for some guys to have a gut hanging over their belt and its OK but we are chubby and its a taboo? I don't get it.

No I don't like being the size I am. I really don't. I work and work and work at it...not much changes.

This would have been horrible for me.

People need to THINK.

Does anyone ever think?
    Would you have thought to go to the news with it? If you were thinking you would know it would just increase the ridicule.

And no one can tell you how to feel. You would chose to be mortified. You could chose to be amused.
    #FHP
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    I wonder how the waiter would feel if the "fat girls" would have made fun because he is just a waiter at some low-end eatery.

(no offense to anyone's profession!)

If people think the waiter should be able to "tell the truth", he should be expected to "hear the truth" as well.
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    I have been a skinny girl, I have been a fat girl, fat girls make fun of skinny girls, skinny girls make fun of fat girls.

I was made fun of as a skinny girl, I was treated poorly as a fat girl. I didn't like being a fat girl, so I changed that.

Yes, it was wrong for Jeff to write what he did on the ticket, he should be forced to wear a fat suit and bus tables whilst wearing said fat suit for 3 months as 'punishment'. Most people don't benefit from sensitivity training, some people are just born assholes.

The girls got off pretty easy being called 'fat', yes it was mean and cruel, but Jeff could have written down a derogatory racial slur on the ticket.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • It was a shitty thing to do. Plain and simple. I doubt anyone would feel good having a stranger categorize them with a derogatory descriptor. Some may be more able to laugh it off, but others may feel the sting more, especially if their worth has been tied to their appearance. Most of us have those flaws we can laugh at and those that hurt more. There have been some really creative justifications for being rude and objectifying posted on here, but shame isn't usually a good motivator for helping people make tough changes. It usually just intensifies the feelings that the unhealthy behavior is used to cope with in the first place. I don't think the girls should have gone to the media about this, but I guess the manager's dismissive reaction to their complaint may have played a role in that decision.
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • It was a shitty thing to do. Plain and simple. I doubt anyone would feel good having a stranger categorize them with a derogatory descriptor. Some may be more able to laugh it off, but others may feel the sting more, especially if their worth has been tied to their appearance. Most of us have those flaws we can laugh at and those that hurt more. There have been some really creative justifications for being rude and objectifying posted on here, but shame isn't usually a good motivator for helping people make tough changes. It usually just intensifies the feelings that the unhealthy behavior is used to cope with in the first place. I don't think the girls should have gone to the media about this, but I guess the manager's dismissive reaction to their complaint may have played a role in that decision.
    i agree...

and in the end..there are so many way a restaurant spot an order ..usally there are numbers on the table or a code for not mix the orders....and yes i think they went to the media cos of manager reaction
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,672
    maybe these broads should see this as a sign that they shouldn't go out and eat crap anymore. Make it into a positive experience.

Its shitty what that guy did at the register, but if these ladies are going to go to the media, looking for sympathy, and don't do anything for their own health.... then I don't have much sympathy for them.

I sound more course than I mean, probably.
  • These "Fat Girls" have bigger problems to worry about.........such as living in a shit hole like Stockton.
    http://www.neighborhoodscout.com/ca/stockton/crime/
    Tell the captain
    'This boats not safe
    And we're drowning.'
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    Horos wrote:
    StillHere wrote:
    You know, I'm a big girl .....

Would you have thought to go to the news with it? If you were thinking you would know it would just increase the ridicule.

And no one can tell you how to feel. You would chose to be mortified. You could chose to be amused.

Of course not..no news, nobody. But I could never choose to be amused by it... wish I could.
    Had he written lady with funny nose, misplaced hippie, whatever else, it would have been funny.
    This..not.
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
    Yeah, that about sums it up, plain and simple.

"It was a shitty thing to do"

But I still cant believe they chose to take that incident to the media.
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497

But I still cant believe they chose to take that incident to the media.

One reason.

5EP5_gavel_money_copycutout.jpg
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    fat-1338243978.jpg
  • Fuck the Fat Girls.
    I have 10 boxes of Twinkies!

:P
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Love yourself and no one can hurt you.

The assholes can't love themselves ... :mrgreen:
  • rollingsrollings Posts: 7,124
    Do wait staff really write descriptions of their customers on restaruant bills/checks (vs. strictly table #)? Is this actually a common thing to do? It seems like it is.

....because if it REALLY is common practice, man, feelings are just bound to be hurt.....the possibilites are endless how an "in-fact" description about a person could be considered offensive......"old", "gray", "balding", "fat", "goofy face" "wretched", "grotesque", "nine-foot pole needed" etc....
  • rollings wrote:
    Do wait staff really write descriptions of their customers on restaruant bills/checks (vs. strictly table #)? Is this actually a common thing to do? It seems like it is.

....because if it REALLY is common practice, man, feelings are just bound to be hurt.....the possibilites are endless how an "in-fact" description about a person could be considered offensive......"old", "gray", "balding", "fat", "goofy face" "wretched", "grotesque", "nine-foot pole needed" etc....
    yeah as a former bartender that happens all the time - and it usually says things like douchebags or dickheads. but you always erase that before you print the ticket. trust me - the descriptions are usually meant to amuse and not to be directly said to the people. the service industry has a long tradition of little shit like this. the fact that jeff actually gave the ticket to the girls makes me laugh because i can only imagine what some of my tickets have said in the past .....on those nights where i had a "couple shots" to get through the shift

Thank you for articulating the situation perfectly.
    Nice shirt.
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    tumblr_lymtahFLW31ro5tg1o1_400.jpg
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Evidently we can talk about fat girls here but not fat guys.
This discussion has been closed.