Fat Girls

Comments

• lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    that's ridiculous to treat someone that way ... and then for the manager to have a smirk on his face when this was pointed out to him. However a firing is not in order ... how about some sensitivity training?
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,427
    edited December 2012
    Who would've guessed the bill would've been under $25 when these three rolled in. :lol:
    And all you "politically correct" people, can NOT tell me this isnt funny!

Im sorry.
    A comment like this is funny!

If Jay Leno, or Letterman uses this tonight, you will LAUGH!

And you know it!
    Post edited by SPEEDY MCCREADY on
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    so wait, is that person quoted by Horos saying that because they are big girls, they don't deserve respect?

Bullshit. It was wrong and the guy deserved to be fired.
    If stating the obvious is disrespectful I don't know what to say.

Maybe a write-up for ceremonial purposes. Does anyone else work in customer service? The reality is society is trying to coddle everyone for their faults. You can make fun of me all you want and I won't care. Granted there's not a lot to make fun of.....I kid.......I just mean I'm not really a member of any minority groups. But fat people aren't a minority either.

Looking like this needs moved to AMT, then I'll just shut up.
    #FHP
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    My wife has two long time friends, both very big girls, i hate going to a resturant with them, they complain how long the food takes, they complain that the waitress doesn't come around enough to refill their glasses, they complain how skinny the waitress is, they complain how long it takes to get dessert and they want leave a shitty tip and God for bid if chef forgets the fries on the plate :fp: :fp: :fp:

I think when fat people go to out to eat they get as excited as a little kid going to Disney World, it aint always gona be the dream, take it for what it is and try to enjoy it.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Post deleted by Admin. Derailing topic integrity. See the Posting Guidelines
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Post deleted by Admin. Derailing topic integrity. See the Posting Guidelines
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Another reality check for the 3 ladies.
    They were insulted by "One Server". Thats all, one person made a very harsh comment, in writing, in regards to them being fat. These girls decided to take their fight to the media, and expose this "Mean, Nasty" server, who treated them badly.

And now these 3 girls can go online, and see MILLIONS of people making fun of them, and calling them fat.

Sad, but this is a FACT!

Would it had been better to just keep this between the server and the 3 girls? I think so.
  • In no way did I intend for this to turn into a fat or a female bashing thread.

Wow.
    Nice shirt.
    In no way did I intend for this to turn into a fat or a female bashing thread.

Wow.

you just never can tell where a thread will go once you hit the submit button
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • In no way did I intend for this to turn into a fat or a female bashing thread.

Wow.
    It hasnt.
    Its a good thread.
  • 81 wrote:

Wow.

you just never can tell where a thread will go once you hit the submit button

You are absolutely correct, and I definitely regret hitting that button.
    Nice shirt.
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518

Wow.
    I'm in no way trying bash women or fat people. I just feel that they were over sensitive to the comment. Certainly they overreacted with the media coverage that ensued.

Honestly it looks like they are just thinking of a lawsuit. After all that is the American Dream.
    #FHP
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497

I think when fat people go to out to eat they get as excited as a little kid going to Disney World, it aint always gona be the dream

:lol:
  • Horos wrote:

Wow.
    I'm in no way trying bash women or fat people. I just feel that they were over sensitive to the comment. Certainly they overreacted with the media coverage that ensued.

Honestly it looks like they are just thinking of a lawsuit. After all that is the American Dream.
    I agree with you.
    And we will soon know all about these ladies backgrounds.
    I hope they are all angels, in life.

Look out for what ya ask for!
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Horos wrote:
    Took the words out of my mouth. Unfortunately there would be a lot more outrage if it said 3 black girls or 3 gay guys.
    I believe this happened to an Asian couple several months back at a Hooters or something.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    I don't think people should be treated cruelly and I don't think a restaurant employee should have put that name on their ticket.

However, I do think it's a bit unrealistic for these women to behave as if their size is not something that people notice. If people were to be totally straight forward with themselves, they might still be angry that someone was cruel, but they wouldn't believe that it's out of the realm of daily life for people to notice!! :?

But, it was insulting for them to see. :?
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    i think these girls need to .... wait for it ......lighten up

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

that was the only post that made me laugh out loud abit
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    Would these women would have been upset if the tab read "3 hot chicks"?
    Horos wrote:
    Took the words out of my mouth. Unfortunately there would be a lot more outrage if it said 3 black girls or 3 gay guys.
    I believe this happened to an Asian couple several months back at a Hooters or something.

lady chinky eyes at papa johns

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/0 ... 91434.html
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    i tend to fall on the portly aka husky side

the actual words don't bother me.....it would be the pencil neck geek server who said it that bothered me
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    You know, I'm a big girl
    Quite a big girl
    Hell...I'm a fat chick

and I would have been utterly mortified
    I might have cried even

Some of us are big and would rather not be so big
    Some are happy with it
    Some of us just have to accept that maybe this is what we are
    There are some underlying things that people don't always know about
    and you sure can't see it
    All you can see is our size

We are people too
    We are NICE people even maybe, at least I think I am
    We have feelings

NO ONE should be embarrassed like that merely because of what is on the outside

You have no idea.

OK you can tell me to go on a diet, to get some more exercise, etc. but the thing is, you don't know
    No one knows just what is inside another person and what the reason are for some things.

IMHO (and even when I did NOT used to be fat) this is NOT funny, NOT acceptable, NO way, NO how

LESSON TO BE LEARNED: We should ALL treat other people in exactly the same manner that we would like to be treated.

What if you have some acne and your waiter writes Pizza Face on your ticket?
    Or you are an amputee and they write Peg Leg
    What if you have a deformity of some type and they draw a little doodle of their impression of you on your ticket?
    Hmmm?
    What then?

Just because this is aimed at FAT PEOPLE, and to top it off, even worse in our society , FAT GIRLS, doesn't make it OK

And to add to that, why is it OK for some guys to have a gut hanging over their belt and its OK but we are chubby and its a taboo? I don't get it.

No I don't like being the size I am. I really don't. I work and work and work at it...not much changes.

This would have been horrible for me.

People need to THINK.

Does anyone ever think?
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    it's mean

people need to be nicer
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • i dont think its ok to be rude ,mean,and insolting people..
    i get the joke,its an inside joke of people working there but this wasnt proffesional at all
    we all judging and gossiping,but when you working you need to be polite to customers and watch out this details
    i wouldnt pay the bill if i was one of the girls,i would just leave a note saying
    "i never pay a man with small penis..cos he could never satisfied with that small size my fat ass..."
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    i wouldnt pay the bill if i was one of the girls,i would just leave a note saying
    "i never pay a man with small penis..cos he could never satisfied with that small size my fat ass..."

That would be illegal. Being rude however is not illegal on the waitress part.
  • shepshep Posts: 5,763
    81 wrote:

esteem.jpg?w=450&h=245

If that's actually a picture of the girls, well... I'd be inclined to say that making them pay the bill is fair.

The fact is, the guy used a "description" to tag the girls in the system - and I don't think anyone here is going to debate that the description is accurate. It's not an insult if the description isn't true.

I'm of the opinion that we coddle everyone and everything way too much in this modern society... to the point where we are actually slowing the process of evolution by going out of our way to protect people from being offended.

I've actually gotten a bill back at a restaurant where I was tagged "young bald guy".... did I kick up a stink and make it to the news? or even mention it to the waiter? Nope... paid my bill and left. Fact is, I'm 28, and within the next year or so they will be using my picture in the medical dictionary to define "cul-de-sac" in relation to male pattern baldness.

If that is actually a picture of the girls, looks to me like they need to be called "fat" a little more, hopefully to the point where they stop eating unheathily and start to look after themselves instead of being a burden on the US's new taxpayer supported healthcare system.

I know that comes off as cruel, but looking at what they ate and their image, it's the truth. Maybe if someone tells them that once or twice it might motivate them to actually try and do something about it... it works for me...
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Still had to pay the bill.

Horrible.

http://www.wcpo.com/dpp/news/national/C ... urant-bill

That's not the first time I've seen this. In New York a receipt for a Hooter's take-out order and Papa John's had the slur used against Chinese people on it.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Still had to pay the bill.

Horrible.

http://www.wcpo.com/dpp/news/national/C ... urant-bill

That's not the first time I've seen this. In New York a receipt for a Hooter's take-out order and Papa John's had the slur used against Chinese people on it.
    I thought there was a Hooters incident as well. Thanks
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    i tend to fall on the portly aka husky side

the actual words don't bother me.....it would be the pencil neck geek server who said it that bothered me

I agree with Portly Pete.......I'd confront the server!
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    :lol::lol::lol:
  • LoulouLoulou Posts: 6,247
    StillHere wrote:
    You know, I'm a big girl
    Quite a big girl
    Hell...I'm a fat chick

and I would have been utterly mortified
    I might have cried even

Some of us are big and would rather not be so big
    Some are happy with it
    Some of us just have to accept that maybe this is what we are
    There are some underlying things that people don't always know about
    and you sure can't see it
    All you can see is our size

We are people too
    We are NICE people even maybe, at least I think I am
    We have feelings

NO ONE should be embarrassed like that merely because of what is on the outside

You have no idea.

OK you can tell me to go on a diet, to get some more exercise, etc. but the thing is, you don't know
    No one knows just what is inside another person and what the reason are for some things.

IMHO (and even when I did NOT used to be fat) this is NOT funny, NOT acceptable, NO way, NO how

LESSON TO BE LEARNED: We should ALL treat other people in exactly the same manner that we would like to be treated.

What if you have some acne and your waiter writes Pizza Face on your ticket?
    Or you are an amputee and they write Peg Leg
    What if you have a deformity of some type and they draw a little doodle of their impression of you on your ticket?
    Hmmm?
    What then?

Just because this is aimed at FAT PEOPLE, and to top it off, even worse in our society , FAT GIRLS, doesn't make it OK

And to add to that, why is it OK for some guys to have a gut hanging over their belt and its OK but we are chubby and its a taboo? I don't get it.

No I don't like being the size I am. I really don't. I work and work and work at it...not much changes.

This would have been horrible for me.

People need to THINK.

Does anyone ever think?
    Agreed Jo. Well said.
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
This discussion has been closed.