Options

Bootlegs you recommend

Comments

• Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,258
    My understanding is that the quality of the bootlegs from 2000 through 2006 should be greater than other years because those are the ones that were released by Pearl Jam. That is why I focused on 2000 through 2006 bootlegs to start my bootleg adventure.

Do you find the quality of bootlegs of other years, which can be downloaded from the bootleg threads, to be of equal or at least better than good quality?
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    corduroidcorduroid Posts: 293
    Missoula 5.28.2003 has an excellent vibe, great setlist. I go to this one a lot.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8NQ37ZVO
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MVE8VDCC
  • Options
    2006:
    -Bolgona, Verona, Milan, Torino, Pistoia (all 5 make up a great set to listen to)
    -
    Because of your suggestion I'm downloading Pistoia, and totally blown away by Porch. Holy Cow! Thanks for the heads up!
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    ozsmalltowngirlozsmalltowngirl Posts: 14,362
    obiwon76 wrote:
    I listened to the entire Perth 06 show last night on Pearljamlive.com. Amazing show.
    It really WAS an AMAZING gig!!!! The most mind blowing nights of my life!!!!

So yeah, I strongly recommend the Perth '06 boot

and

Newcastle '06 - the set list for Newcastle was entirely written by one of Eddies best friends (an Aussie - Mark Richards) and it was awesome!! This was a fantastic gig that only eventuated because 3 determined guys did a petition for Pearl Jam to play in Newcastle. It was a really different concert, in that it seemed very personal/intimate.....like a bunch of mates all just hanging out together :)
  • Options

and

Newcastle '06 - the set list for Newcastle was entirely written by one of Eddies best friends (an Aussie - Mark Richards) and it was awesome!! This was a fantastic gig that only eventuated because 3 determined guys did a petition for Pearl Jam to play in Newcastle. It was a really different concert, in that it seemed very personal/intimate.....like a bunch of mates all just hanging out together :)
    Here's a little write up I did of Newcastle 06 for some extra fun and information.

http://brobbobbleheadbiscotti.mlblogs.com/archives/2008/03/march_10_oriole.html
  • Options
    vital5vital5 Posts: 5,486

and

wow.... i should have gone :( hehehehehe
  • Options
    RockinInCanadaRockinInCanada Posts: 2,016
    Calgary 2005 is an under-rated show from the Canadian tour IMHO.
  • Options
    ozsmalltowngirlozsmalltowngirl Posts: 14,362
    vital5 wrote:
    wow.... i should have gone :( hehehehehe
    YOU DID!!! Stop rubbing it in! I'll be there next tour!!!
    *runs off crying*
  • Options
    oldermanolderman Posts: 1,765
    Seattle 2000. 2nd shoe. Number 72 on the list.

My favorite boot of all. If you want, I will burn it for you, M.

Just send me a PM.
    Down the street you can hear her scream youre a disgrace
    As she slams the door in his drunken face
    And now he stands outside
    And all the neighbours start to gossip and drool
    He cries oh, girl you must be mad,
    What happened to the sweet love you and me had?
    Against the door he leans and starts a scene,
    And his tears fall and burn the garden green
  • Options
    Fu_ManchuFu_Manchu Posts: 422
    Ms. Haiku wrote:
    My understanding is that the quality of the bootlegs from 2000 through 2006 should be greater than other years because those are the ones that were released by Pearl Jam. That is why I focused on 2000 through 2006 bootlegs to start my bootleg adventure.

Do you find the quality of bootlegs of other years, which can be downloaded from the bootleg threads, to be of equal or at least better than good quality?

yeah, the radio broadcasts and soundboard copies are excellent.

Melbourne 3/17/95 http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5J6UEUV4
    Berlin 11/3/96 http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2D6ZDGAZ
    Tivoli 3/4/92 http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3RL18VHB
    Amsterdam 2/12/1992 (Part 1) - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZWOZVQUX
    Amsterdam 2/12/1992 (Part 2) - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=HY2V5WVM
    to name just a couple
    Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
  • Options
    olderman wrote:
    Seattle 2000. 2nd shoe. Number 72 on the list.

My favorite boot of all. If you want, I will burn it for you, M.

Just send me a PM.
    Thanks for the offer! I'll just do it from the download thread. I'm looking foward to seeing why it was so good, though :)

I went to #1, and it was, you know, fine.
  • Options
    yeah, the radio broadcasts and soundboard copies are excellent.

Melbourne 3/17/95 http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5J6UEUV4
    Berlin 11/3/96 http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2D6ZDGAZ
    Tivoli 3/4/92 http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3RL18VHB
    Amsterdam 2/12/1992 (Part 1) - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZWOZVQUX
    Amsterdam 2/12/1992 (Part 2) - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=HY2V5WVM
    to name just a couple
    Thanks for these. They are on my list!
  • Options
    fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,734
    Ms. Haiku wrote:
    If you have bootlegs you would recommend please post the name of the concert, and if possible *please please please* could you include the link to the MP3? If it's in the download/share thread could you write what post it's on?

http://stuffwhitepeoplelike.wordpress.com/2008/03/30/93-music-piracy/

"Stuff White People Like"

#93 Music Piracy
    March 30, 2008 by clander

White people have always been renowned for having ridiculously large music collections. So when file sharing gave white people a chance to acquire all the music they ever wanted, it felt as though it was an earned right and not a privilege.

When (not if) you see a white male with a full iPod, ask him if all of his music is legal. If he does not immediately launch into a diatribe about his right to pirate music, you might have to nudge him a bit by saying “do you think that’s right?” The response will be immediate and uniform.

He will likely rattle off statistics about how most musicians don’t make any money from albums, it all comes from touring and merchandise. So by attending shows, he is able to support the musicians while simultaneously striking a blow against multinational corporations. He will proceed to walk you through the process of how record labels are set up to reward the corporation and fundamentally rob the artist of their rights, royalties and creativity. Prepare to hear the name Steve Albini a lot.

Advanced white people will also talk about how their constant downloading of music makes them an expert who can properly recommend bands to friends and co-workers, thus increasing revenues and exposure. So in fact, their “illegal” activities are the new lifeblood of the industry.

When they have finished talking, you must choose your next words wisely. It is considered rude to point out the simple fact that they are still getting music for free. Instead you should say: “Wow, I never thought of it like that. You know a lot about the music industry. What bands are you listening to right now? Who is good?”

This sentence serves two functions: it helps to reassure the white person that they are your local “music expert,” something they prize. Also, it lets them feel as though they have convinced you that their activities are part of a greater social cause and not simple piracy.

If you bring up this issue with white person who says “nah bro, I don’t give a shit, Dave Matthews has enough money as it is.” You are likely dealing with wrong kind of white person.

In the even more rare situation where someone says “it’s all paid for, and it’s all transferred from vinyl.” You have found an expert level white person and must treat the situation carefully.

Because of the availability of music online, a very strict social hierarchy has been created within white culture whereby someone with a large MP3 collection is considered “normal,” a large CD collection is considered to be “better,” and a person with a large vinyl collection is recognized as “elite.”

These elite white people abhor the fact that music piracy has made their B-sides, live performances, and bootlegs available to the masses. Their entire life’s work has been stripped of its rarity in terms of both object and sound on the record. The best thing you can say to them is: “vinyl still sounds better.”

However, it is recommended that you do not let this conversation drag much longer. If you let them continue talking to you they are likely to spend hours talking to you about bands you’ve never heard of and providing you with a weekly mix CD of rarities that you do not want.
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • Options
    Utrecht: Tivoli - 1992
    Red Rocks II - 1995
    Pittsburgh - 2000
    St Johns I - 2005
    I downloaded Pittsburgh 2000. It's one of the next 3 I will listen to.
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,613
    Buffalo 2003
    Calgary 2005

Those are my 2 favorites
  • Options
    Any thoughts on Camden 2000 either show?
  • Options
    benJAMinbenJAMin Posts: 257
    Buffalo 2003 - The band was tight, the crowd was nuts, and the setlist/length of show was unreal. A gem that is often overlooked because of State College, which was the following night.

Ottawa 2005 - Another incredible setlist, and the solos and crowd participation were sick. Black is worth downloading this show alone.

I attended both. Often I'll say that seeing them live carries most of the weight in a recommendation, but these are always the ones that stand out on their own as boots to me.
    the palms, in the breeze, still blow green
    and the waves in the sea still absolute blue
  • Options
    benJAMin wrote:
    Buffalo 2003 - The band was tight, the crowd was nuts, and the setlist/length of show was unreal. A gem that is often overlooked because of State College, which was the following night.

Ottawa 2005 - Another incredible setlist, and the solos and crowd participation were sick. Black is worth downloading this show alone.

I attended both. Often I'll say that seeing them live carries most of the weight in a recommendation, but these are always the ones that stand out on their own as boots to me.
    Well, those are at least the second recommendations for both. On my list! :)
  • Options
    brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    any booy from the Binaural Tour...the last time Ed was on top vocally and the band consistently kicked ass.

Detroit 2003, night 2 (very underrated....they only played TWO songs from Riot Act despite that was the album that was just released...awesome)

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • Options
    elmerelmer Posts: 1,683
    Go to page75 of the Download/Share Thread, there's a long list of shows going back to the early 90's. I haven't too many but Paramount Theatre~NY 94 is amazing, sound quality good too if you don't mind the screaming teenyboppers.

Also, Anoeta Veladrome~San Sebastian~Spain 96 has some great performances, in particular Black.

Many of the downloads are M4a, just use itunes to burn them off.
  • Options
    Ottawa 05
    Philly 05

Albany 06
    No time to be void, or save up on life...you gotta spend it all.
  • Options
    Listened to this last night. The more I listen to bootlegs the more I wonder where this early-angst-ridden-Eddie idea comes from. He's a total mother hen! "Hey you, be careful, you motherfucker!" Ok, a mother hen with a polar-bear mommy attitude.

Now, Jeff, there, he's a little feisty, eh?
  • Options
    fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,734
    brainofPJ wrote:
    Detroit 2003, night 2 (very underrated....they only played TWO songs from Riot Act despite that was the album that was just released...awesome)

I love it that only playing 2 songs from riot act is a strong attribute to an bootleg from that tour...hahaha. Well done, Braino.
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,124
    Portland 06 is damn good.
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,886
    I was just listening to NJ 01- 2006- great version of Indiffernce and Ed's speech before Leash is classic. great show.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    Stone Is GodStone Is God Posts: 1,329
    Tivoli 92 was a sound board. It's awesome.
    Atlanta 4/3/94
    Soldier Field 7/95
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
  • Options
    If you are a musician how would you view bootlegs of your shows?

Would you view them as separate entities from the show - like a playing deck of art cards from a museum. The action of the present is as important as the artistry of the past.

Or would you view your bootlegs more like photographs? The importance is in the past although the artistry can be appreciated in the present?
  • Options
    obiwon76obiwon76 Posts: 568
    I dusted off the Nashville show from 2000 this morning on the drive to work. "Sometimes" as the opener, a great extended version of "Daughter" with the R.E.M. "Wrong Child" tag with Ed really hitting the "Okayyyyyyyy" notes.

The 2000 boots are very interesting because if you haven't listened to a show for years, it's almost like a new experience. You forget the little things that you once remembered when you first got it and basically played it 7-8 times in a month. I get giddy when after each song, I'm in that listening phase for that first note, or Stone tuning his guitar to get some sort of hint of what will be played next.
    San Fran 92, San Fran 93, Berkeley 93, Indio 93, Fairfax 94, DC 95, San Fran 95, DC 95, Va Beach 98, Columbia 98, Dc 98, Va Beach 00, Columbia 00, Philly 03, Bristow 03, Chicago 06, Chicago 06, Dc 06, DC 08
  • Options
    boroff89boroff89 Posts: 786
    All three of the San Francisco shows from 2006 are amazing.

Vancouver from 2003 is actually an underrated show.

San Antonio from 2003 is a very solid bootleg as well.
    It makes much more sense to live in the present tense.
  • Options
    not4unot4u Posts: 512
    2000 verona
    we don't want war, but we still want more?