I love truckers

SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
edited December 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
I know there's probably 100 threads about how stupid people can be behind the wheel, so I'm not really going to rant about that too much. But I do believe that traffic laws work for the most part, one of the few things that do, and it's one of my biggest pet peeves. I know there are some places where traffic is going to be bad regardless, just because of congestion. But around here, outside of the Dallas and Ft. Worth city limits, I would say 75% of traffic is caused by stupid drivers. People driving with a sense of entitlement, doing whatever they please in order to get somewhere a little faster. Staying in a merging lane right until the last second and then merging, just because it's moving a little faster (on account of the fact that the smart fucking drivers merged 2 mile back when they saw the sign and were supposed to), people jockeying for position, and of course being absorbed in their phones. They either don't understand, or don't care, that they are what is causing the traffic.

So today I get caught in some heavy traffic on the way to work, and it was an area where there's no excuse for it (it's a little bit of a choke point, but if people behaved it would work), and it was simply being caused by people doing all of the above. The two lanes were merging down to one, and everybody was trying to jockey for position, and the lane that was ending was full of cars trying to merge over at the last second. Then these two truckers, who I assume planned this out on their CB or whatever, fixed it. They pulled side by side (even when their lane moved ahead, they stayed even) and over into the shoulders a little bit to block them. Sure enough, after a few minutes, traffic started moving MUCH better. We weren't flying, but compared to the gridlock it had been, it was fantastic. Of course people around me were FREAKING the fuck out. I wish I had a PA system on my car so I could have said "If you fucking idiots knew how to drive and act right, these truckers wouldn't have to babysit your stupid asses".

I was cracking up so hard, not just from the reactions of the people in traffic with me, but I just found it funny how those two men/women took it upon themselves to be tank boss of the highway. At one point, before we really started moving, a car in front of me thought they'd try to squeeze through the space between the two trucks. I don't think it would have made it, but just in case the trucker on the right opened up his door and jumped out with a "come at me bro" look on his face, and put an end to that shit toot sweet. I'm sure once we got past that choke point it went right back to being idiots in gridlock though. It was nice to see a couple of people (especially people who are usually in a hurry, and time actually is money for) take the time to think about other people besides just themselves and their schedule (as what they did mostly benefited the people behind them) and try to remedy a situation.
"See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I hate Truck Drivers.
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    move over and get the fuck out of my way. :x
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    I hate Truck Drivers.

Hey Speedy you might want to change your location :wave:

*Edit...I've also witnessed something similar with truck drivers in traffic like that. Makes me want to get out of the car and dance :lol:
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Mamasan23 wrote:
    I hate Truck Drivers.

*Edit...I've also witnessed something similar with truck drivers in traffic like that. Makes me want to get out of the car and dance :lol:
    So if I cancel the Bears get together until the following week.
    Will you show up?
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    I hate Truck Drivers.

Like Michael Stipe?

everybody-hurts-michael-stipe.jpg
    So if I cancel the Bears get together until the following week.
    Will you show up?

For the game on the 23rd vs. the Cards? I should be able to...they play at 3:25 and the Pack are at noon...we could either meet up starting with the noon game or I'll come meet up with you guys after the Packers game is over, sure!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
    DS1119 wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    I hate Truck Drivers.

Like Michael Stipe?

everybody-hurts-michael-stipe.jpg

Nope. Like Dave.
    http://youtu.be/PbgCeK70mos
    Mamasan23 wrote:

He's such an idiot.
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    DS1119 wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:

He's such an idiot.

Is he dancing or trying to correct a wedgie?
    Haters.
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    Haters.

1476224_o.gif

751830_o.gif
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    Haters.

:lol:

I actually have no opinion on Dave, I can take him or leave him, but I did find that dance awkward at best.
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    Haters.

I actually have no opinion on Dave, I can take him or leave him, but I did find that dance awkward at best.

Yeah...that's kind of his MO :lol:

DS practices that dance every night but he just can't quite get it :wave:
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    Haters.

Yeah...that's kind of his MO :lol:

DS practices that dance every night but he just can't quite get it :wave:

That's what I look like when I'm stomping the shit out of my remote.
    DS1119 wrote:

It's not your remote's fault that the Bills are 5-7.
    DS1119 wrote:

:lol::lol::lol: I'll bet your remote got the royal treatment last weekend!
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

:lol::lol::lol: I'll bet your remote got the royal treatment last weekend!

Fully stocked with two freshies. :mrgreen:
  • jasonjason Posts: 468
    Maybe Dave can play QB for my Vikings instead of Ponder!
    jason wrote:
    Maybe Dave can play QB for my Vikings instead of Ponder!

Great game Jason!!! :wave:
    Yeah, yeah, yeah! Thanks to our high school quarterback, the 210 that AP put up on your guys went to waste. But wait til Dec 30, as like the "Gladiator" would say "I shall have my vengence!"

You are sooo lucky too. Even those crappy Bears lost. GUH!!

On the way back from Ft. Lauderdale we had a layover in Milwaukee. Stood at the terminal gate waiting and staring at the Packer gift shop right in front of me. BARF!!!
    file.php?avatar=259523_1330208408.jpg
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • rollingsrollings Posts: 7,124
    ....... Staying in a merging lane right until the last second and then merging, just because it's moving a little faster (on account of the fact that the smart fucking drivers merged 2 mile back when they saw the sign and were supposed to),

So today I get caught in some heavy traffic ....... The two lanes were merging down to one, and everybody was trying to jockey for position, and the lane that was ending was full of cars trying to merge over at the last second. Then these two truckers, who I assume planned this out on their CB or whatever, fixed it. They pulled side by side (even when their lane moved ahead, they stayed even) and over into the shoulders a little bit to block them.

I've done this more than once already....pulled over into the lane where all the cars were sneaking in and blocked it.

Although I could have continued driving and saved about seven or six minutes, I continued to crawl keeping pace with the car I was originally in front of....then when I got to the end of the merge....they let me back in nicely. :mrgreen:

I heard alot of beeps. I just imagined they couldn't possibly be for me :angel:

the truckers, and me, were benefitting our ownselves too...there were no more "cut-ins"
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    rollings wrote:
    I've done this more than once already....pulled over into the lane where all the cars were sneaking in and blocked it.

Although I could have continued driving and saved about seven or six minutes, I continued to crawl keeping pace with the car I was originally in front of....then when I got to the end of the merge....they let me back in nicely. :mrgreen:

I wish someone would do that here. But then they'd probably be killed.

Boston drivers have strong opinions.

(Says the person who cuts through the hotel parking lot every morning to avoid the long line of cars at the lighted intersection with the highway.)
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • Truckers, when you're on 94 in Wisconsin, stay the fuck to the right lane.

Some guy thought he was a hero and graced us by going 45 in a 65. Not sure what's going through your fucking head...???

Besides that, I love the truckers! Thanks for transporting food and stuff!
  • rollingsrollings Posts: 7,124
    rollings wrote:

I wish someone would do that here. But then they'd probably be killed.

Boston drivers have strong opinions.

(Says the person who cuts through the hotel parking lot every morning to avoid the long line of cars at the lighted intersection with the highway.)

I might not do it if I were a man. Being a woman, I guess I think nobody's going to REALLY beat me up.

Isn't it illegal to cut through a business on a corner to avoid a red light? Are you obeying traffic laws Unlost?
    Truckers stay the fuck to the right lane.

fixed that up for you. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:
    Truckers stay the fuck to the right lane.

fixed that up for you. :lol:

If there are 4 lanes, I understand. We only have two lanes here.
    i hate when you are cruising along and one decides it needs to pass anouther truck while going up hill......and said truck pulls in front of you :fp:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    I am going to say you are all wrong with staying in the 1 lane. MN promotes the budding, but NO ONE DOES IT RIGHT!! We call it Zipper Merge. Here is some info on it and how it should be done!

Info -
    http://www.dot.state.mn.us/zippermerge/

Video -
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcPby71TNC0
    jason wrote:
    I am going to say you are all wrong with staying in the 1 lane. MN promotes the budding, but NO ONE DOES IT RIGHT!! We call it Zipper Merge. Here is some info on it and how it should be done!

Info -
    http://www.dot.state.mn.us/zippermerge/

Video -
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcPby71TNC0

interesting....

i learned a long time ago, the closed lane is typically faster than the open lane ....so stay there until i have to merge.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg