Django Unchained

124»

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    chuclehead. :lol: i'm going to use that.

isn't there a man rule about not sharing popcorn with another dude?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • dankinddankind Posts: 20,835
    There is, along with the leave-a-seat-between-you-if-the-theatre-isn't-too-crowded rule, but a lot of guys view these old rules as a remnant from an unenlightened age.

Call me a caveman, I guess. Get your own popcorn, and get your knee off mine, you touchy-feely freak or else these knuckles I've been dragging along are going to end up scraping one of your chins.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    :lol::lol::lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • dankinddankind Posts: 20,835
    Good movie, though.

I do, however, agree with some that a heavier hand could have been used in the cutting room. But the superfluous celluloid that was left in the final film was directed by Quentin Tarantino, shot by Robert Richardson and had a decent soundtrack, so I didn't mind it that much.

All of the performances were stellar, and the script/dialogue was a little less flashy/stylized, which was almost refreshing.

I want to go see it again.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    dankind wrote:
    Good movie, though.

I do, however, agree with some that a heavier hand could have been used in the cutting room. But the superfluous celluloid that was left in the final film was directed by Quentin Tarantino, shot by Robert Richardson and had a decent soundtrack, so I didn't mind it that much.

All of the performances were stellar, and the script/dialogue was a little less flashy/stylized, which was almost refreshing.

I want to go see it again.

i want to see it again too.

i just saw it this afternoon and i have to say i LOVED it. christopher waltz was awesome. sam jackson excellent. the soundtrack was stellar.leo never fails to impress me. the inclusion of ennio morricone and jim croce's i got a name were inspired. .. oh and jamie fox was H-O-T... and yes he looks fantastic in burgundy. ;)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    81 wrote:
    it was a long movie but i thought it was paced well. Opposed to Zero Dark Thirty - which wasnt as long but felt like it took forever.
    I also thought the character was completely opposite of Bastards -- he made you hate him in Bastards and he was a good guy in Django

lastly - were guns really that powerful back then? :shock:

lot of the shots were very cartoonish...

damn..i wanna go watch this movie again now

do you understand tarantino? this is what he does. i wouldnt call it cartoonish. tarantino is a student of movies. hes a fan of movies. what you see as cartoonish is him playing homage to the past... to the legacy of movie making. i love that about him.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • LongueuilLongueuil Posts: 2,224
    ... oh and jamie fox was H-O-T... and yes he looks fantastic in burgundy. ;)

Looks better in blue though

645091_149_zps2da830b9.jpg

:corn: :lol:
  • curlygirly9curlygirly9 Posts: 1,872
    Longueuil wrote:
    ... oh and jamie fox was H-O-T... and yes he looks fantastic in burgundy. ;)

Looks better in blue though

645091_149_zps2da830b9.jpg

:corn: :lol:

:lol: I laughed so hard at this. They let him pick his outfit and he looks like fucking Prince :lol: Classic
    Rose Garden Arena - Nov 02, 2000, Key Arena - Oct 22, 2001, Key Arena - Dec 08, 2002, Key Arena - Dec 09, 2002, Clark County Amphitheater - Sep 26, 2009