Django Unchained

Comments

• redrawredraw Posts: 1,280
    3 more weeks until it comes out here in Oz :(

Glad 2 hear all the positive reviews, but it just makes the wait that much harder....
    '95: Brisbane BEC March 21 & 22 '98: Brisbane BEC March 14 & 15 '03: Brad Surfers Paradise Troccadero Jan 11
    '03: Brisbane BEC Feb 8 '06: Brisbane BEC Nov 10 & 11 '09: Brisbane QSAC Nov 25
    '11: EV Solo Brisbane QPAC March 10, 12 & 13 '11: PJ20 Alpine Valley Sep 3 & 4
    '14: Gold Coast BDO Jan 19 EV Solo QPAC Feb 22, 23 & 25
  • Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Posts: 14,352
    Oh man, and we still didn't make it there yet :o Life got in the way :fp:
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    djklambake wrote:
    I

Honestly, it really is a damn good movie. Sam Jackson and Christoph Waltz are the absolute standouts in this movie. Really hope to see them nominated for some awards.

THIS

finally saw it...another gem from Quentin
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    I still need to see this
  • need to see this
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    It's good

Seemed different than most Tarantino movies
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    It's good

Seemed different than most Tarantino movies

what? no swearing or violence or use of the word nigger???? ;)

im gonna have to wait for this one. it opens here while im out of the country. :(
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    might have been the best movie of 2012. we caught the 11:45 showing on christmas. lot of good scenses, but the best may have been the hood part. holy fuck that was funny.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • shepshep Posts: 5,762
    81 wrote:
    might have been the best movie of 2012. we caught the 11:45 showing on christmas. lot of good scenses, but the best may have been the hood part. holy fuck that was funny.

The hood part was priceless... especially with the Jonah Hill cameo...

Don't get me wrong, the movie was great and one of the best of 2012, but on the Tarantino scale, it was not one of my favorites... I would only put it slightly ahead of Jackie Brown... Jackie Brown being my least favorite Tarantino movie...
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
    shep wrote:
    81 wrote:

Don't get me wrong, the movie was great and one of the best of 2012, but on the Tarantino scale, it was not one of my favorites... I would only put it slightly ahead of Jackie Brown... Jackie Brown being my least favorite Tarantino movie...

you don't like jackie brown. that's an excellent movie...although i guess even being your least fav QT movie isn't bad.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    My humble opinion

Ov-er Ra-ted
    clap clap clap clap clap

It was long winded and the dialogue was no where near as snappy and whitty as other tarantino movies have been. Mostly though dude needs someone to pull him in. You can make a good concise movie in 2 hours or two hours and 15 minutes. This did not strike me as the kind of movie that needed to be an epic 2:45. A lot of fat could have been cut

I liked it. I enjoyed seeing it. I think if you like tarantino or good cinima you should see it.Jamie Foxx is AWESOME and the parts between him and Samuel L Jackson made me laugh really hard.

But I dont see it as a great film just good. in a year that has mostly only had good films
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
    intodeep wrote:
    My humble opinion

Ov-er Ra-ted
    clap clap clap clap clap

It was long winded and the dialogue was no where near as snappy and whitty as other tarantino movies have been. Mostly though dude needs someone to pull him in. You can make a good concise movie in 2 hours or two hours and 15 minutes. This did not strike me as the kind of movie that needed to be an epic 2:45. A lot of fat could have been cut

I liked it. I enjoyed seeing it. I think if you like tarantino or good cinima you should see it.Jamie Foxx is AWESOME and the parts between him and Samuel L Jackson made me laugh really hard.

But I dont see it as a great film just good. in a year that has mostly only had good films

Couldn't agree more
  • shepshep Posts: 5,762
    81 wrote:
    shep wrote:
    81 wrote:

you don't like jackie brown. that's an excellent movie...although i guess even being your least fav QT movie isn't bad.

I didn't say that I didn't like Jackie Brown... I just said it was my least favorite Tarantino film. I still think it was an excellent movie, but relative to his others.... well....

That being said, it has to have been at least a decade since I saw that film... It might be worth going back and rewatching it.... I'll set up the torrent tonight. ;)
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    intodeep wrote:
    Mostly though dude needs someone to pull him in. You can make a good concise movie in 2 hours or two hours and 15 minutes. This did not strike me as the kind of movie that needed to be an epic 2:45. A lot of fat could have been cut

i watched this saturday night and was enjoying the movie...then, after the candi massacre i thought the movie would be wrapping up...nope, i still had another 48 minutes :roll: and nothing that happened in those last 48 minutes needed to happen

but, the performances were great...chris waltz is amazing, so was jamie and sam jackson...even leo was somewhat tolerable

and don johnson as colonel sanders was awesome! eye holes :lol::lol:
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    norm wrote:

yeah him and jonah hill made that part quite funny
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
    intodeep wrote:
    norm wrote:

yeah him and jonah hill made that part quite funny

might be one of the best scenes from any movie ever. i was rollin in my seat.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • good movie!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • adam42381adam42381 Posts: 2,505
    I thought the movie was great. I thought this one had more funny moments than any other Tarantino movie. The only thing I really didn't like was Tarantino's cameo appearance. The accent didn't work at all for me. I'm sure he could have trimmed about 20 minutes off the movie to make it flow a little better, but I thorougly enjoyed it. 9/10
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    nominated for an oscar
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    Just saw it. Great flick!
  • curlygirly9curlygirly9 Posts: 1,872
    I really liked it too, but agree it was too long, made worse by the really stuffy theater I was in. The lounge-y theme music killed me, and the performances were really great. I'm a firm believer that every film could be vastly improved by Christoph Waltz 8-)
    Rose Garden Arena - Nov 02, 2000, Key Arena - Oct 22, 2001, Key Arena - Dec 08, 2002, Key Arena - Dec 09, 2002, Clark County Amphitheater - Sep 26, 2009
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,407
    looking forward to seeing this sometime soon
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    finally saw django.

i actually liked it more than basterds. 8.9/10
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    this was a bit of a disappointment ... as a fan of westerns and tarantino - it's possible that i had too high expectations ... this movie lacked the typical wit i've come to expect ... it was entertaining enough but it played out quite predictably ... seemed like walz was playing almost an identical character as basterds ...
  • it was a long movie but i thought it was paced well. Opposed to Zero Dark Thirty - which wasnt as long but felt like it took forever.

I also thought the character was completely opposite of Bastards -- he made you hate him in Bastards and he was a good guy in Django

lastly - were guns really that powerful back then? :shock:
    it was a long movie but i thought it was paced well. Opposed to Zero Dark Thirty - which wasnt as long but felt like it took forever.

I also thought the character was completely opposite of Bastards -- he made you hate him in Bastards and he was a good guy in Django

lastly - were guns really that powerful back then? :shock:

lot of the shots were very cartoonish...

damn..i wanna go watch this movie again now
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • NoCode416NoCode416 Posts: 416
    saw it this weekend... great film, no doubt.
  • dankinddankind Posts: 20,835
    Just got back from the theatre. Still processing but wow!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind wrote:

how was the popcorn
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • dankinddankind Posts: 20,835
    81 wrote:
    dankind wrote:

how was the popcorn

No popcorn. Expecting some dude to tag along with me, I had a good bit of dinner beforehand and was full.

Don't like going to movies with other dudes and definitely don't like sharing my popcorn with some hairy knuckled chucklehead either.

Dude couldn't make it, though, so I could've had popcorn. :fp:

S'OK, though, I was just happy to be there alone.
    I SAW PEARL JAM