*** EV Tour Ft. Lauderdale 2 Fanviews Here 12/01/12 ***

Comments

• Options
    Thank you.

No Audio. No Video. Just the memories.
  • Options
    rollingsrollings unknown Posts: 7,124
    JB128716 wrote:
    ....I also got to meet Eddie from the night before via a mutual friend. Eddie was the nicest guy. I was more of an observer in the room as Eddie got to reconnect with other friends in the room and share some great stories. Eddie made me feel just as important as anyone else in the room even though this was the first time I've met him and there were more "famous" people there. Hell, Ed even took a picture of my friend and me with his camera for his own collection. I was going to stay out of the picture (why would he want a picture of me) and Ed turned to me and said, "John, get over here and jump into this picture." .....

How awesome was that!?!
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    JB128716 wrote:
    ....I also got to meet Eddie from the night before via a mutual friend. Eddie was the nicest guy. I was more of an observer in the room as Eddie got to reconnect with other friends in the room and share some great stories. Eddie made me feel just as important as anyone else in the room even though this was the first time I've met him and there were more "famous" people there. Hell, Ed even took a picture of my friend and me with his camera for his own collection. I was going to stay out of the picture (why would he want a picture of me) and Ed turned to me and said, "John, get over here and jump into this picture." .....

+1..
    :thumbup: :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    rollingsrollings unknown Posts: 7,124
    Definitely another awesome show.

The five-song run of "WIshlist", "Thumbing My Way", "Speed of Sound", "Unthought Known" & "Far Behind" in itself made the show a totally satisfying experience.

Add to that PORCH, Partying Ways*, Can't Keep, Elderly Woman -- the show was just a complete blast. Girl from the North Country was so beautiful. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fBXeWMyEX8 (link not from last night...) (*hello Freud)

Just as was during Night #1, ...if there were songs that I was hearing for the first time--and there were--I enjoyed them just as much, if not sometimes more, as songs which I was familiar.

Eddie was playing a beer box.....a beer box equipped with a drum kick pedal. How awesome was THAT!! The concert program ("Sniper") lists it as a Corona Kick Drum (Beer Box with drum workshop "chain drive 5000" kick pedal)

:mrgreen: "Eddie!" heartbeat.gif

P.S. This is a "fanview" right? I didn't meet Eddie, but I did get to meet Black Diamond !
  • Options
    i always contemplate writing a note and requesting a special song or conveying some sort of special story and i never do it.. even when i've had the pleasure of shaking Ed's hand for that 3-4 seconds outside the venue... i get tongue-tied and don't know what to say....

I can relate to this! Except that I did pass Ed a note the first night in Lauderdale, telling him how his music had changed my life and helped me to get through so much- most recently my mom's ongoing battle with cancer- and requested that he play The End, because this song describes so much of what my mom has been through. I got my wish! I had heard that he was practicing this song by the pool Saturday, and it was surreal to hear it live again! I thanked him after the show for playing the song, and he seemed apologetic, saying, "I only played the first verse" and I just told him how much it meant to me to hear it, thanking him over and over while holding his hand in mine. Such an amazing moment for me! :thumbup: I cannot say enough about this wonderful man, and how he connects with his fans on such a personal level! Ed, you are the GREATEST!!! THANK YOU!!! :clap::clap::clap:
    September 15, 1998 Mansfield MA/ August 29, 2000 Mansfield, MA/ June 11, 2008 West Palm Beach, FL/ July 2, 2012 Prague, Czech Republic/ July 4, 2012 Berlin, Germany/ July 5, 2012 Berlin, Germany/ September 21, 2012 Pensacola, FL/ July 16, 2013 London, ON, Canada/ July 19, 2013 Chicago, IL/ October 12, 2013 Buffalo, NY/ October 25, 2013 Hartford, CT/ November 23, 2013 Los Angeles, CA/ November 24, 2013 Los Angeles, CA/ November 26, 2013 Oakland, CA/ November 29, 2013 Portland, OR/ November 30, 2013 Spokane, WA
  • Options
    mysticweedmysticweed Posts: 3,710
    edited December 2012
    rollings wrote:
    Definitely another awesome show.

The five-song run of "WIshlist", "Thumbing My Way", "Speed of Sound", "Unthought Known" & "Far Behind" in itself made the show a totally satisfying experience.

Add to that PORCH, Partying Ways*, Can't Keep, Elderly Woman -- the show was just a complete blast. Girl from the North Country was so beautiful. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fBXeWMyEX8 (link not from last night...) (*hello Freud)

Just as was during Night #1, ...if there were songs that I was hearing for the first time--and there were--I enjoyed them just as much, if not sometimes more, as songs which I was familiar.

Eddie was playing a beer box.....a beer box equipped with a drum kick pedal. How awesome was THAT!! The concert program ("Sniper") lists it as a Corona Kick Drum (Beer Box with drum workshop "chain drive 5000" kick pedal)

:mrgreen: "Eddie!" heartbeat.gif

P.S. This is a "fanview" right? I didn't meet Eddie, but I did get to meet Black Diamond !

night one was more rocking eddie with some mellow
    night two was more mellow eddie with some rock
    and it all fucking rocked
    besides just being better than any musical artist to me
    he nailed his cover of willie nelson covering just breathe
    i mean damn he sounded just like willie

but when he did that r&b soulful barry white thing
    i thought i would lose my mind
    holy hell

(it was nice meeting mr diamond
    and little diamond was a little hoot)

and thank you eddie for long road on night one
    (i thought i would cry if i heard it but
    didn't)
    Post edited by mysticweed on
    fuck 'em if they can't take a joke

"what a long, strange trip it's been"
  • Options
    What a spectacular evening, a sublime setlist. At the end of the night Eddie stood at the lip of the stage taking everything in, as he does, and he gestured to his arms to show everyone that the scene gave him chills. I was close enough to see that, indeed, his arms were covered in goosebumps

From my perspective, row H, the incident of the fan jumping on stage was heart-stopping. Suddenly there is this tall, disheveled man running and climbing onto stage, then looming right over Glen and Eddie. The man reaches into his pocket … In a flat voice, Eddie says, “Hey man, what’s that in your pocket?” The relief when Ed saw it was just a CD must’ve ben great. After the man was ushered offstage Glen reached over and rubbed Ed on the back for moment. It was powerful, and frightening.

Despite that interruption, yet another a perfect performance. Transporting.

Thank you, Eddie. I hope you have some idea how very much these shows mean to us.

I totally agree. We were also on Row H, only a few seats away from this jerk. Everything seemed to slow down to a second that seemed an hour, and I thought I was about to witness something truly horrifying in real time. It really brought the vulnerability of a performance to light, not matter how much "security" is present. They were both shaken, you could tell being upfront. Yet, he moved on like a pro and managed to crack a joke that was more geared to the safety of this jerk.

Between this incident, and the drunk loud barking asshole to the right of us one row behind, (who thought he was at a football game), I was really disappointed on security, which only seemed to give useless warnings.

2 relatively small hiccups to a perfect evening.

Felt like we just came back from the Orlando show, so we were still riding that high. A lot of first-time-for-us personal favorites were covered there and Eddie only topped it last night with a beautiful version of Speed of Sound and Thumbing my way. Now we wait for Clearwater! on the road again tomorrow night! We have tickets for the last night and this time we are taking our seven year old. He's grown up with this music. He is thrilled.
  • Options
    oh edde.... why must you keep topping yourself....

i always contemplate writing a note and requesting a special song or conveying some sort of special story and i never do it.. even when i've had the pleasure of shaking Ed's hand for that 3-4 seconds outside the venue... i get tongue-tied and don't know what to say....
    last night i made the brilliant comment " hope to see you in Tampa" sheesh...lol...
    anyway, i had thought about letting Ed know how my husband and I are high school sweethearts and the anniversary of our first date was actually the original date of last night's show (May 14th) and how
    that original date was THIRTY YEARS AGO!!! (and we're not that old, people... really... lolol)
    and how we've gotten on so many planes to see eddie and the band for the last 20 years... and how we've grown together with this amazing soundtrack to our lives...
    and I wanted to request something special for my husband.

so, yeah, i never did that. But when he talked about people who were celebrating 20 yrs together (blah blah blah) i pretended it was for Javy and I (we've been married 25)
    and i would have requested Throw Your Arms Around Me ( and he did that song the night before...)
    so..... THANK YOU Eddie ... i really appreciate it :) i can pretend that you got the note i never wrote and played that song for us :D
    and thank you for another beautiful evening.
    We love you <3

Love this fanview! We pretended too. I am way too shy for any of that and privacy is sacred to me. We enjoy it being regular people, but he is also a regular person. I will probably never make any attempt although I dream it up every time a performance rolls around!
    We can listen happily, as we have together for 20 years since we were 14/16 years old, and know he's talking about us.
  • Options
    wendycc wrote:
    oh edde.... why must you keep topping yourself....

last night i made the brilliant comment " hope to see you in Tampa" sheesh...lol...
    anyway, i had thought about letting Ed know how my husband and I are high school sweethearts and the anniversary of our first date was actually the original date of last night's show (May 14th) and how
    that original date was THIRTY YEARS AGO!!! (and we're not that old, people... really... lolol)
    and how we've gotten on so many planes to see eddie and the band for the last 20 years... and how we've grown together with this amazing soundtrack to our lives...
    and I wanted to request something special for my husband.

so, yeah, i never did that. But when he talked about people who were celebrating 20 yrs together (blah blah blah) i pretended it was for Javy and I (we've been married 25)
    and i would have requested Throw Your Arms Around Me ( and he did that song the night before...)
    so..... THANK YOU Eddie ... i really appreciate it :) i can pretend that you got the note i never wrote and played that song for us :D
    and thank you for another beautiful evening.
    We love you <3

Love this fanview! We pretended too. I am way too shy for any of that and privacy is sacred to me. We enjoy it being regular people, but he is also a regular person. I will probably never make any attempt although I dream it up every time a performance rolls around!
    We can listen happily, as we have together for 20 years since we were 14/16 years old, and know he's talking about us.

THANK YOU!!!! so many things i'd like to say after 20 years, maybe i'll have the chance one day in real-life...
    but i think he just may get it... there's always this... connection... and it's incredible.
    last night when he stood in front of the curtain and showed us his love.. and goosebumps...
    yeah, he feels the love, for sure :)

congrats to you <3 and so glad you've experienced these amazing moments too!!!
    08 6/11 WPB 6/12 Tampa 6/24,25 MSG, 8/7 Ed @ Newark
    07 8/5 Lolla 8/2 VIC
    06 7/22,23 Gorge 7/20 Ptl
    04 10/8 VFC Kissimmee
    03 4/11 WPB, 4/12 HOB Orlando, 7/8,9 MSG
    00 8/24 Jones Bch 8/9,10 WPB
    1998 9/22,23 WPB 1996 10/7 Ft Laud 1994 3/28 Miami
  • Options
    Great show, great crowd! I was nervous after reading the night 1 reviews, but definitely a lot of security present, and they were walking up and down the aisle a lot telling people to put their phones away, nice to see.

Eddie was in a great mood, had some funny conversation.

Fun weekend! Only got better after we landed and got home to see the Colts win at the last second! :lol:
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,008
    This weekend was so much fun. I still can't get over it.
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options

I can relate to this! Except that I did pass Ed a note the first night in Lauderdale, telling him how his music had changed my life and helped me to get through so much- most recently my mom's ongoing battle with cancer- and requested that he play The End, because this song describes so much of what my mom has been through. I got my wish! I had heard that he was practicing this song by the pool Saturday, and it was surreal to hear it live again! I thanked him after the show for playing the song, and he seemed apologetic, saying, "I only played the first verse" and I just told him how much it meant to me to hear it, thanking him over and over while holding his hand in mine. Such an amazing moment for me! :thumbup: I cannot say enough about this wonderful man, and how he connects with his fans on such a personal level! Ed, you are the GREATEST!!! THANK YOU!!! :clap::clap::clap:

<3 beautiful...
    07 8/5 Lolla 8/2 VIC
    04 10/8 VFC Kissimmee
  • Options

Was yours the little note he slipped into his lab coat?
    Glad you got your wish.
  • Options

<3 beautiful...

THIS. Beautiful.
  • Options
    wendycc wrote:
    I totally agree. We were also on Row H, only a few seats away from this jerk. Everything seemed to slow down to a second that seemed an hour, and I thought I was about to witness something truly horrifying in real time. It really brought the vulnerability of a performance to light, not matter how much "security" is present. They were both shaken, you could tell being upfront. Yet, he moved on like a pro and managed to crack a joke that was more geared to the safety of this jerk.

Exactly. My friend was saying, his transition back into the story he was telling was so smooth that if you weren't close, you wouldn't even know something deeply affecting had just happened. I won't forget that moment.
  • Options
    wendycc wrote:

Exactly. My friend was saying, his transition back into the story he was telling was so smooth that if you weren't close, you wouldn't even know something deeply affecting had just happened. I won't forget that moment.

i keep going back to that moment.
    i keep shaking my head and thanking all that is good in this world that nothing terrible happened.
    it was just a cd. :cry: thank goodness....
    sigh....
    07 8/5 Lolla 8/2 VIC
    04 10/8 VFC Kissimmee
  • Options
    djklambakedjklambake PHX, AZ Posts: 2,510

How amazing! Very happy for you, kiddo!
    6/27/98 - East Troy, WI
    6/29/06 - Milwaukee, WI
    9/25/11 - Vancouver, BC
    11/4/12 - (Eddie Vedder) Phoenix, AZ
    11/1/13 - New Orleans, LA
    11/19/13 - Phoenix, AZ
    11/21/13 - San Diego, CA
    10/12/14 - Austin, TX
    10/22/14 - Denver, CO
    8/22/16 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley 2)
  • Options

:thumbup: :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    jasonjason Posts: 468
    I flew in from Minnesota for the shows and had a BLAST!!! Got off the plane, rushed to the venue, and walked in the door just as Eddie said good evening. I thought night 1 was great, but do agree with several posts about the yelling during the mic-less song. Eddie and Glen were trying something that you don't see and people f'ed it up. I was in the upper level and didn't even know they were singing til 1/2 through the song. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Rockin in the Free World though. The last few songs with the house lights up, seeing people dance about, LOVE IT!! I know its an intimate show, but love seeing people dancing and having a good time.

Night 2, I wish I would have heard a few other tunes, but love every show, no matter what. I loved hearing Wishlist and Porch back to back night. I was lucky enough to have row 2 and got to see facial expressions, hand gestures, talking to assistance, and the little things that you don't see from where I am usually at. Even during Arc, I saw all of Eddie instead of total darkness. Then out of the darkness he got up. I know an encore was coming up, but was frozed by what was coming. He stood up and walked right up to me. I was frozen, I thought it was a 3-D movie! He was 2 ft from me and bent down and shook my hand. It was unreal to see a guy I enjoy sooooo much bend over, stare you in the eye and shake your hand.

Then go to take several memorable photos during Hard Sun and was right next to Eddie as he did an obbreviated stage dive. After the shows, we decided to hang out outside (I never do this). We waited for Eddie to come out and there was a metal fence but I stuck my hand through and shook Eddie's hand both nights and take a good photo.

To shake Eddie's hand 3 times, be a foot from him, have him stage dive next to you, enjoy the songs and meeting other people from Mexico, Germany, Florida, New York, etc....It was a Pearl Jam weekend I will NEVER FORGET!!

THANK YOU EDDIE!!!!!!!! Your shows are incredible and love hearing the stories of songs, your life, your believes, views, etc.... its sooo much fun and for 2-3 hours nothing in my life is bad. I wish everyday was Pearl Jam day, but I will take what i can get in. Hope to see you in 2013!!!!

PS - Back to 30 degress in MN - BARF!!!
  • Options
    I know I just posted, but I wanted to share the fun I had, and just wanted to add one more thing. When Eddie was shaking hands, he was soooo nice and talked to people, had a smile on his face, even though its 1:30 am. He could just jump on the bus and leave, but that is another thing I love about this band as they really enjoy what they do and love their fans. So thank you Eddie for coming over to say hi to me and my dad (69 years old). He had a great time. Such great memories you can't put a price tag of plane, car, hotel, tickets, food, etc.... on. Priceless seeing you in person, up close, doing what you do. LOVE IT!!
  • Options
    I have a HUGE complaint about this venue. I thought it was beautiful, great sound, etc.... however the staff SUCKED!! Night 1 my dad and I walked in and no one even looked at our tickets. Every show I have ever been to they usually take your tickets right??? I did pay for these, but the 2 nights there, no tickets needed, just walk right in and stand in the back or find an open seat. The ushers were soooooo unfriendly and unhelpful. They all looked like the typical "snow bird" and looking for something to do during retirement. I think the average age was 77.

As for security, PATHETIC!!! I was lucky enough to be in the 2nd row and knew Porch was coming. I stood up with the others and started dancing. Granted, I do get a little excited but remail calm. The guard came up to me and warned me "don't think about going up on the stage!". WHAT??? SERIOUS????? This came from 1 of the most useless guards in the front that allowed an overweight nerd jump up on stage, walk up to Eddie, shake his hand and then hand him a CD, THEN you finally see a guard come.

Speaking of that nerd, once Eddie said "what's that in your pocket?" every bad thought came to my mind and really made me think about "what if" for a song or 2. Have a guard come and lay this mutha out! Eddie was a PRO and handled it PERFECTLY!! I believe he was a little shaken though, but Glen patted him on the back and I think that helped.

TO Eddie an A+ to the employees a F-.
  • Options
    Last post!

To Eddie, have Glen open every show for you or Pearl Jam. HE IS AWESOME!!!! Night 2 included a duo that if you didn't see it was one of the MAJOR highlights of the weekend for me. Glen invited his niece out to sing with him. She seemed like she was caught off guard or didn't want to do it. HOWEVER, SHE WAS AWESOME!!!

I know this is not a Glen website, but I have seen Glen now 3-4 times and REALLY think that Glen and Eddie are a GREAT combo.

Thanks again to Glen and his music and real shout out to Eddie for his music and being a rocker that stops to meet people like me on the street at 2 am and making me feel like I am the only person there even though it was just a few seconds.

Merry Christmas to everyone!!!
  • Options
    doomponydoompony Wellington, NZ Posts: 4,497
    8240765044_32fb140f0d_n.jpg

*Squeals and explodes*
  • Options
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

HARD SUN.....AMAZING MOMENT!!!!!!! ;)
  • Options
    jason wrote:
    Last post!

To Eddie, have Glen open every show for you or Pearl Jam. HE IS AWESOME!!!! Night 2 included a duo that if you didn't see it was one of the MAJOR highlights of the weekend for me. Glen invited his niece out to sing with him. She seemed like she was caught off guard or didn't want to do it. HOWEVER, SHE WAS AWESOME!!!

I know this is not a Glen website, but I have seen Glen now 3-4 times and REALLY think that Glen and Eddie are a GREAT combo.

Thanks again to Glen and his music and real shout out to Eddie for his music and being a rocker that stops to meet people like me on the street at 2 am and making me feel like I am the only person there even though it was just a few seconds.

Merry Christmas to everyone!!!

Glen has posted a link on his Twitter account to the moment you speak of:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgQXuU8U8Vk&sns=em

Fabulous work by Amy Hansard (and her Uncle sounds pretty darn good too)! :D
  • Options
    jason wrote:
    I know I just posted, but I wanted to share the fun I had, and just wanted to add one more thing. When Eddie was shaking hands, he was soooo nice and talked to people, had a smile on his face, even though its 1:30 am. He could just jump on the bus and leave, but that is another thing I love about this band as they really enjoy what they do and love their fans. So thank you Eddie for coming over to say hi to me and my dad (69 years old). He had a great time. Such great memories you can't put a price tag of plane, car, hotel, tickets, food, etc.... on. Priceless seeing you in person, up close, doing what you do. LOVE IT!!

hey Jason!
    I was standing next to you at the fence Sat night... saw when you introduced your Dad to Eddie :)
    very sweet!! so glad your dad got to see the show - i was supposed to take my mom -72- to Orlando til she said she didn't feel like driving with me the 3 hours from where she lives :(

also, you were sitting near where i was night one... that usher was the worst!! we had a bad issue with some douches sitting behind me who refused to shut up or lower their voices.. they literally almost fought with an elderly man next to them there with his daughter!!!... the usher refused to come over and help!!

I have never been to a venue where you could actually walk OUTSIDE in between opening act and main act and NO ONE EVER LOOKS AT YOUR TICKET... EVER!!!!
    They never looked at the tickets at all, a a matter of fact!! They ripped a ticket that was actually my RECEIPT!!
    07 8/5 Lolla 8/2 VIC
    04 10/8 VFC Kissimmee
  • Options
    Glen has posted a link on his Twitter account to the moment you speak of:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgQXuU8U8Vk&sns=em

Fabulous work by Amy Hansard (and her Uncle sounds pretty darn good too)! :D

Fantastic! Glen must've been quite happy someone managed to record that. And so am I!
  • Options
    If anyone was at this show can you PM me, I have a question/request if you could help me out with something.
    thanks in advance!
  • Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217
    jason wrote:
    I flew in from Minnesota for the shows and had a BLAST!!! Got off the plane, rushed to the venue, and walked in the door just as Eddie said good evening. I thought night 1 was great, but do agree with several posts about the yelling during the mic-less song. Eddie and Glen were trying something that you don't see and people f'ed it up. I was in the upper level and didn't even know they were singing til 1/2 through the song. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Rockin in the Free World though. The last few songs with the house lights up, seeing people dance about, LOVE IT!! I know its an intimate show, but love seeing people dancing and having a good time.

Night 2, I wish I would have heard a few other tunes, but love every show, no matter what. I loved hearing Wishlist and Porch back to back night. I was lucky enough to have row 2 and got to see facial expressions, hand gestures, talking to assistance, and the little things that you don't see from where I am usually at. Even during Arc, I saw all of Eddie instead of total darkness. Then out of the darkness he got up. I know an encore was coming up, but was frozed by what was coming. He stood up and walked right up to me. I was frozen, I thought it was a 3-D movie! He was 2 ft from me and bent down and shook my hand. It was unreal to see a guy I enjoy sooooo much bend over, stare you in the eye and shake your hand.

Then go to take several memorable photos during Hard Sun and was right next to Eddie as he did an obbreviated stage dive. After the shows, we decided to hang out outside (I never do this). We waited for Eddie to come out and there was a metal fence but I stuck my hand through and shook Eddie's hand both nights and take a good photo.

To shake Eddie's hand 3 times, be a foot from him, have him stage dive next to you, enjoy the songs and meeting other people from Mexico, Germany, Florida, New York, etc....It was a Pearl Jam weekend I will NEVER FORGET!!

THANK YOU EDDIE!!!!!!!! Your shows are incredible and love hearing the stories of songs, your life, your believes, views, etc.... its sooo much fun and for 2-3 hours nothing in my life is bad. I wish everyday was Pearl Jam day, but I will take what i can get in. Hope to see you in 2013!!!!

PS - Back to 30 degress in MN - BARF!!!

Great review Jason..glad you got close seats and got to shake Eds hand.
    Yeah, Glen was amazing too -- I knew they were both good, but these shows exceeded my expectations by far.

And I was equally surprised at how terrible the venue employees were. I walked in without having my ticket checked either. But then again, I've never seen anything advertised that compares to an Ed show at this venue. Its usually plays and older musicians/singers.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options