The Road Trip Thread

RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
Like 81 said, everybody has a good road trip story, now you can post about them.

Pics are encouraged!

Go...
The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    edited November 2012
    this one time, i drove with three people in my truck to missoula for a concert. :P

you can read all about it here

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=190753

:lol:
    Post edited by 81 on
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    81 wrote:
    this one time, i drove with three people in my truck to missoula for a concert. :P

I was hoping for another re-run of kw's experience in using hand-sanitizer spray... :lol: :corn:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:
    81 wrote:

I was hoping for another re-run of kw's experience in using hand-sanitizer spray... :lol: :corn:

didn't he spray it in his eye or something. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    81 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:
    81 wrote:

didn't he spray it in his eye or something. :lol:

yeah, it was Becky's (save Becky!) and he was going into great detail about how he was making sure he was holding it correctly, and sprayed himself in the face and was blind for a little bit.

Was that before or after the dog poop incident?

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:
    yeah, it was Becky's (save Becky!) and he was going into great detail about how he was making sure he was holding it correctly, and sprayed himself in the face and was blind for a little bit.

Was that before or after the dog poop incident?

:lol::lol::lol:

it's all a blur....

dog poop...that i remember. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    Road trips are what poor college kids do to get away.
    First class at 550mph is the way to go!

Quick road trip story...
    In college.
    Road tripping to Colorado to do some skiing.
    Car full of people.
    Stop off at Country Kitchen to get breakfast.
    Order the veggie omelet.
    15 minutes later...
    Food poisoning like I've never experienced in my life!
    Long trip!

Another road trip story...
    Road trip down to Rocky Point Mexico with some people.
    Get pulled over by Mexican militia with assault rifles.
    Pay them $20 each.
    Stop and get beer.
    Drink in the car.
    Cops busted us for no reason.
    Claimed to not speak English.
    Paid them $200 to let us go.
    Either ate bad food or drank something other than beer.
    Long trip back.

Fuck road trips! :lol:
    mca47 wrote:
    Road trips are what poor college kids do to get away.
    First class at 550mph is the way to go!

Quick road trip story...
    In college.
    Road tripping to Colorado to do some skiing.
    Car full of people.
    Stop off at Country Kitchen to get breakfast.
    Order the veggie omelet.
    15 minutes later...
    Food poisoning like I've never experienced in my life!
    Long trip!

Another road trip story...
    Road trip down to Rocky Point Mexico with some people.
    Get pulled over by Mexican militia with assault rifles.
    Pay them $20 each.
    Stop and get beer.
    Drink in the car.
    Cops busted us for no reason.
    Claimed to not speak English.
    Paid them $200 to let us go.
    Either ate bad food or drank something other than beer.
    Long trip back.

Fuck road trips! :lol:

you are doing it wrong....

i'm neither poor or in college and prefer to drive anything 1K miles or less. anything more than 1k, i'll defiantly consdider flying.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

you are doing it wrong....

i'm neither poor or in college and prefer to drive anything 1K miles or less. anything more than 1k, i'll defiantly consdider flying.

I also don't care for driving, or the waiting to get somewhere when I know I could be going 10x faster on a plane.
    fair enough....

i enjoy driving...as long as it's not Indiana :fp:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    fair enough....

What's wrong with Indiana?
    Gotta be better than Nebraska, Oklahoma or any of those other shit states in the middle! :lol:
  • RKCNDY wrote:
    Like 81 said, everybody has a good road trip story, now you can post about them.

Pics are encouraged!

Go...

Actually I don't
    mca47 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    fair enough....

What's wrong with Indiana?
    Gotta be better than Nebraska, Oklahoma or any of those other shit states in the middle! :lol:

flat and boring.

i've not hit NE or OK yet....so can't compare. Iowa had rolling hills. KS wasn't bad with the oil and cows and rolling hills.

but Indiana.......nothing to see. i hate driving that state. despise it.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    Well there was last Labor Day when Becky almost killed 81 and myself by driving like a crazy maniac...then we got lost in New Jersey... :lol:

I used to travel with boyfriends' bands and stuff when they would tour...the stories from those trips are definitely not family-forum friendly :lol:
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    i just realized i've never had any memorable road trips :?
  • Mamasan23 wrote:
    I used to travel with boyfriends' bands and stuff when they would tour...the stories from those trips are definitely not family-forum friendly :lol:

:corn:
  • Road trip to PJ in Toronto with 2 kids, an Israeli and a Greek.... They almost did not let us back into Us because they could not understand why this road trip existed :lol:
    GoiMTvP.gif
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    Well there was last Labor Day when Becky almost killed 81 and myself by driving like a crazy maniac...then we got lost in New Jersey... :lol:

Since when is this a family forum?

Spill it!
    Mamasan23 wrote:

we wern't loss....we just took the scenice shooting gallery route :?

i will never ever, be in a car with her behind the wheel. i would rather walk. i am not kidding :lol::lol::lol:

there are other forums for that if you really must not use this one. :corn:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • kw18kw18 Posts: 3,909
    I just about always injury myself whenever I go on a road trip. And I also usually wind up in some shit. :fp: :lol:
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
    FINE! Probably the best one was a 2-week stint one of the bands did, back in 2004 maybe? So we had a huge van, 3 bands, and some wives/girlfriends for a trip that would take us from Chicago to Tijuana and back, with a bunch of stops in between. There is no way I can write about everything on that trip, some notable highlights:

Staying up for over 24 hours in Reno gambling and drinking...one of the guys passed out on a craps table...no one cared. Another guy won $1,000 in a slot machine and was too drunk to realize it...walked away without taking the money. I can't for the life of me remember what hotel we were staying in, but there was no one on the floor we were on but us, drunken races ensued. One of the guys ended up taking a toothless much older woman back to his room...in the morning when she left her son was sitting outside the room waiting for her (awful I know...I had nothing to do with that!)

Get to Vegas and stayed at the Motel 6 (broke bands, will shrug) A couple of the guys got into it and one got tossed through the window. We jetted out of there right quick :lol:

Lovely old Tijuana. One of my friends found a prostitute...halfway through a BinauralJam he finds out that she is in fact a he. So he got up and ran away, with she/he chasing him to get paid :lol:

Probably the best part of all this was that one of the bands on the tour was a Christian band...their lives will be forever ruined...and they'll never tour together again :lol:
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
    all sorts of fail in those bands.....no wonder they never made it. :lol::lol::lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Those bands did it entirely wrong
  • Mamasan23 wrote:
    FINE! Probably the best one was a 2-week stint one of the bands did, back in 2004 maybe? So we had a huge van, 3 bands, and some wives/girlfriends for a trip that would take us from Chicago to Tijuana and back, with a bunch of stops in between. There is no way I can write about everything on that trip, some notable highlights:

Staying up for over 24 hours in Reno gambling and drinking...one of the guys passed out on a craps table...no one cared. Another guy won $1,000 in a slot machine and was too drunk to realize it...walked away without taking the money. I can't for the life of me remember what hotel we were staying in, but there was no one on the floor we were on but us, drunken races ensued. One of the guys ended up taking a toothless much older woman back to his room...in the morning when she left her son was sitting outside the room waiting for her (awful I know...I had nothing to do with that!)

Get to Vegas and stayed at the Motel 6 (broke bands, will shrug) A couple of the guys got into it and one got tossed through the window. We jetted out of there right quick :lol:

Lovely old Tijuana. One of my friends found a prostitute...halfway through a BinauralJam he finds out that she is in fact a he. So he got up and ran away, with she/he chasing him to get paid :lol:

Probably the best part of all this was that one of the bands on the tour was a Christian band...their lives will be forever ruined...and they'll never tour together again :lol:
    A BinauralJam :lol::lol:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    F

:lol::lol::lol: That's So Nasty

we need an official definition

posting.php?mode=reply&f=14&t=194587
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    81 wrote:

we need an official definition

http://forums.pearljam.com/posting.php? ... 4&t=194587

doc505b21dc12ce20537132061.jpg
    81 wrote:
    all sorts of fail in those bands.....no wonder they never made it. :lol::lol::lol:

They're actually the biggest band in the Chicago hardcore scene...which if you want to talk about 'making it'...this is exactly what Pete Wentz did before he sold out ;)
  • Pretty sure I'm roadtripping to Fort Bragg this summer
  • Mamasan23 wrote:
    81 wrote:

They're actually the biggest band in the Chicago hardcore scene...which if you want to talk about 'making it'...this is exactly what Pete Wentz did before he sold out ;)

Oh... cool... :lol:
    Pretty sure I'm roadtripping to Fort Bragg this summer

What's that and where?