Options

Who hasn't seen Eddie Vedder solo live?

Red Mosquito75Red Mosquito75 Moline IL Posts: 1,034
edited November 2012 in The Porch
You know who hasn't ME. I really regret not going and seeing him on this tour. Family and Work keep me away. I hope that he has some more solo shows in him for the future. No matter what I am going. I have never taken the kids to a PJ show but I really want to take them to an EV show. Its like that show/movie you make the kids watch because it is a must see. Seeing EV live with the whole family would be so special almost spiritual. Its like taking your kid to Wrigley Field for the first time. I missed PJ20 because of work and need to make up for that somehow. I wonder if other generations of parents have felt this way about a Band, family, and the true significance of it all. Maybe for the Beatles.
Thoughts? Anyone else not able see EV?
This is Not For You
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,159
    :(
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    I haven't. I haven't really tried. I guess i'd like it because I like Pearl Jam and have seen them a bunch of times, but I dunno, it just doesn't really appeal to me. I got the Water On The Road DVD and after a few songs felt like I'd rather be listening to it than watching it. I can see why people might be into the intimate setting and all that...but I doubt I would. I've always prefered yelling and screaming Eddie over folk-hero Eddie.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    I haven't either. We had tickets to the original Austin dates + we were going to go to the Dallas show as well. When the tour was postponed, we asked for refund because we knew that we were moving. Sucks that we missed the shows, but I'm hoping we'll get another chance to see him solo.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    lyearslyears Posts: 212
    Missed out on 3 chances this year :( I am glad people are enjoying the shows but they are making me very jealous!
    Hyde Park 25/06/10 - Manchester 20/06/12 - Leeds 08/07/14
  • Options
    AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,208
    :wave:

i had 6th row tix to the minneapolis show last year, but a couple friends eded up getting married that day (over the 4th of july weekend, mind you. :roll: who does that?). at first i figured the wedding would be in the afternoon and i could just sneak out of the reception early, but then they set the wedding time for 6 at night.
  • Options
    I heard he's a real d-bag after the show. :lol::lol::lol:

But really, getting to see him twice and Cornell twice doing their stripped down shows is beyond incredible.
  • Options
    Not my cup of tea.
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    Not my cup of tea.

No idea how many people i've heard say that. And admit later they were totally wrong.
    -Chris
    Male, 34

I'm on Facebook - facebook.com/christopher.leesye1

1998 Brisbane 2
    2003 Brisbane 1
    2006 LA 1 & 2
    2008 LA 2, San Diego 1 (EV)
    2009 LA 1, 2, 3 & 4, San Diego
    2011 St. Louis (EV)
    2012 Tulsa 1 & 2 (EV)
    2013 Chicago, Dallas & OKC
  • Options
    Not my cup of tea.

No idea how many people i've heard say that. And admit later they were totally wrong.
    I am sure I would enjoy the show. But at this point in time, I am not spending $90 to see Ed play a ukulele.

Thats just me.
  • Options
    donnaruhldonnaruhl Posts: 2,157
    Well regrettably I haven't seen any of his solo show's, But I have seen him many of times at Neil Young's, Bridge School Benefit Concert. Where I can always see a great show with a collection of stellar Artist's, Get my Eddie fix, and give to a great cause. Eddie does solo,duets,and group song's. I would love to see him on one of his solo tour's, but he never makes it to Nor-Cal,except The Bridge. So I'm grateful .At least I have that. Now if I can only figure out how to get my hands on tickets closer than the lawn, I'd be ecstatic, those suckers are sold out in minutes. ;)
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,548
    Not my cup of tea.

I am sure I would enjoy the show. But at this point in time, I am not spending $90 to see Ed play a ukulele.

Thats just me.

$90 isn't what it used to be though. But I agree, I don't really like hearing the Uke stuff at his shows. Give him a guitar though and...awesome.

I really enjoy listening to Ed play solo acoustic guitar, especially his fingerpicking style. I hate Just Breathe at PJ shows, but I do enjoy playing the guitar part.
  • Options
    TN70407TN70407 Posts: 206
    Yeah I couldn't have agreed more with speedy. But I didn't get to see pj this time around so I figured I would catch an Ed show. Totally worth it, not a ton of uke stuff, a lot of good pj solos, and some great covers. I would actually make it a priority to catch it again.
  • Options
    TN70407 wrote:
    Yeah I couldn't have agreed more with speedy. But I didn't get to see pj this time around so I figured I would catch an Ed show. Totally worth it, not a ton of uke stuff, a lot of good pj solos, and some great covers. I would actually make it a priority to catch it again.
    Im sure I would enjoy myself.
    Hell, my wife would probably love the show.
    Maybe sometime in the future, I will see a solo show.
  • Options
    just saw him again, and the uke was not as prominent as you may think considering his last release was ALL uke. jax 1 was undoubtedly top 3 all time in the 200+ shows i've been to. i've only seen eddie because my wife was into his music, as i prefer the band, but the guy is on fire right now. small town, loud uke, brain damage, girl from the north country, better man, immortality, porch, driftin', let my love open the door, unthought known, RITFW, and tomorrow night... my favorites from that night. he was plain wicked. not mike on a guitar, but one of the most moving performances i have ever witnessed.

i would agree that it's not anything like a PJ show, but the man is a gifted singer/songwriter and a totally gracious individual. maybe worth seeing live just once, even at $90, if you've invested 22 years in the band as i have. my 2 cents.
    First: ATL2 04/03/1994
    Last: SEA2 08/10/2018
    Next: ??
    http://expressobeans.com/members/collections.php?id=29417
    “I think you won, but I enjoyed the fight” - EV
  • Options
    HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    Not my cup of tea.

Thats just me.
    And me.
    #FHP
  • Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217
    I haven't. But ask again Saturday. :D
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    I think everyone should try and see Ed solo if they have the opportunity to. Chris Cornell as well. I feel truly fortunate to live in this lifetime where I've gotten to see them both multiple times and will hopefully see them more in the future.

Ben Harper is probably a distant third and he was pretty amazing too.

For those who have no desire to see Ed solo, to each their own but I would urge you to try it once if you have the means to, then judge. He doesn't *only* play the uke, and the stories are priceless. I've been to 7 EV solo shows across 3 tours, each was special in their own way. The songs might repeat, but never the stories.
  • Options
    Suziemay wrote:
    I think everyone should try and see Ed solo if they have the opportunity to. Chris Cornell as well. I feel truly fortunate to live in this lifetime where I've gotten to see them both multiple times and will hopefully see them more in the future.

For those who have no desire to see Ed solo, to each their own but I would urge you to try it once if you have the means to, then judge. He doesn't *only* play the uke, and the stories are priceless. I've been to 7 EV solo shows across 3 tours, each was special in their own way. The songs might repeat, but never the stories.
    -Chris
    Male, 34

1998 Brisbane 2
    2003 Brisbane 1
    2006 LA 1 & 2
    2011 St. Louis (EV)
    2012 Tulsa 1 & 2 (EV)
  • Options
    Suziemay wrote:

• Options
    dwhite76dwhite76 Posts: 2,801
    I never have :D
    Some words when spoken...Can't be taken back...
  • Options
    dwhite76 wrote:
    I never have :D

you should be jealous bro ;)
  • Options
    EV shows are seriously incredible. I've been to 5 now, from 2008 to present, and they're just getting better and better. I was as pumped and excited for the 2 Tulsa shows as i get for a PJ show. They're really that good. Less than half the songs are on the Uke.
    -Chris
    Male, 34

1998 Brisbane 2
    2003 Brisbane 1
    2006 LA 1 & 2
    2011 St. Louis (EV)
    2012 Tulsa 1 & 2 (EV)
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,610
    I haven't. :( But someday, ASAP!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,481
    I haven't either, would like to some day.......maybe next yr
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    jason_94jason_94 Toledo, OH Posts: 1,872
    I have not seen his solo show. I tried for the Detroit show a couple years ago, but no luck with tickets. I would like to though.

Next time he comes around I will definatly try again!

(Only if he promises me that he will talk to me after the show & sit down and have a few drinks too. Lol. JK)
    3/22/94 Cleveland, OH
    9/21/96 Toronto, ON
    8/26/98 Cleveland, OH
    5/09/10 Cleveland, OH
    9/03/11 East Troy, WI PJ20
    9/04/11 East Troy, WI PJ20
    7/19/13 Chicago, IL Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh, PA
    10/12/13 Buffalo, NY
    12/06/13 Seattle, WA
    10/16/14 Detroit, MI
    10/17/14 Moline, IL
    8/20/16 Chicago, IL Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago, IL Wrigley Field
  • Options
    just saw him again, and the uke was not as prominent as you may think considering his last release was ALL uke. jax 1 was undoubtedly top 3 all time in the 200+ shows i've been to. i've only seen eddie because my wife was into his music, as i prefer the band, but the guy is on fire right now. small town, loud uke, brain damage, girl from the north country, better man, immortality, porch, driftin', let my love open the door, unthought known, RITFW, and tomorrow night... my favorites from that night. he was plain wicked. not mike on a guitar, but one of the most moving performances i have ever witnessed.

i would agree that it's not anything like a PJ show, but the man is a gifted singer/songwriter and a totally gracious individual. maybe worth seeing live just once, even at $90, if you've invested 22 years in the band as i have. my 2 cents.

What I like from this tour to last summer's is this year's seems more upbeat and loud with a noticeable reduction in the uke.
  • Options
    I haven't and really have no desire to.
    I guess I am a Pearl Jam fan and not so much an EV fan........if that makes sense.... :shock:
    Let the crucifiction begin?
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,413
    I wouldn't mind seeing him, but haven't pulled the trigger. When he's come close there were other shows I was more interested in spending my money and they all turned out great.
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,077
    I highly recommend seeing him if you get the opportunity. As others have stated it is well worth it. The uke songs are great, PJ stuff is great, and the covers are AMAZING! He does an incredible job of setting the atmosphere for all the songs and making it the "intimate" setting that is intended. I have seen Ed solo 4 times now (2 Tulsa, STL 2011, Chi 2008) and have found it to be just as exciting and enjoyable as PJ shows. Totally different experience but somehow always exceeds my expectations. I would go in a heartbeat anytime he tours somewhere within a few hours.
  • Options
    RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,777
    Not yet :(
    Come to Victoria or Vancouver Eddie!!
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12