Should you buy your BOSS a Christmas Gift?

2»

Comments

• Absolutely not. I actually like my boss, but I'm not going to be a kiss-ass and buy some lame x-mas gift. She should be buying all of her employees gifts for all the work we do that makes her job much easier.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    one year my boss gave out this stupid little figurines.....gee thanks. just what ever 23 year old guy wants. :lol:

i might still have it someplace :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    Yes
    i agree. or even a card and perhaps dinner out sometime would be nice too.

i gave my boss a christmas gift one year of a picture of his f/v the 'milky way'
    f/v fishing vessel

the milky way was a very clean & proud vessel. she fished crab, tuna, & sardine. i hauled her catch once brought to dock where i met the vessel many seaons. one night during a storm of epic proportion slammed into the area the milky way was dragging up a overflowing net full of sardines. sardines will dive down as the net is dragging them up. the diving sardines & a big wave took her down to the bottom of the sea.

the crew radioed the coast guard & got into their lifeboat just as the milky way took her final breathe of air. like any good captain he was the last off and into the lifeboat. the coast guard lifted them up into the helicopter one by one until all were saved.

years before this tragic night i was having breakfast at the lighthouse deli when on the wall the great milky way caught my eyes. i couldn't believe it. the milky way was on display in photograph style at this nice, cozy little restuarant directly across the street for the westport, wa lighthouse.

it was for sale @ $45. i thought that is a bit pricy for a standard 9x11 or whatever size photograph.
    years went by...

after the milky way sank i ran to the lighthouse deli where hanging on the wall was the $45 f/v the milky way.

my boss a self-made multimillionaire who treated me very well & who i admired immensely. btw, this dude started out selling seafood out of the trunk of is car back in the 50's.

i was never so satisfied in all my life as when i gave him that photograph. he could not believe it. and i swear to god i saw a tear form in his eye... was awesome
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    no. she has me, what more could she need?

:lol: