Best Fuckin Show Of My Life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HailHailVitalogyHailHailVitalogy Posts: 5,125
edited May 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
OH MY FUCKIN GOD!!!!

This was the best show I have ever seen! (Besides Gorge because Gorge was on a different level with the acoustic set). For me to say this after attending many classic shows over the recent years means this show was epic.

The crowd was the LOUDEST and CRAZIEST I have ever been apart of. :D

The crowd was soooooooooooooooooo into the new songs like you wouldnt believe, Severed Hand finally has people going YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...good lord...Comatose, I think everyone was fuckin going nUtS!!!!!!!

Not For You.........are you fuckin kidding me?......one of my favorite songs........THE MOST INTENSE VERSION...EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know half of this is bullshit to read but it's so fuckin hard to put on paper!

Come Back was fuckin gorgeous, with the way the lights were going....WOW. Present Tense I think we sang the whole fuckin thing...then Why Go got people going nuts too

***Now for you people who are saying the set was dead or whatever the fuck you are saying:***

Encore 2: State Of Love And Trust, Blood, Even Flow, Comatose, Leash, Rockin' In The Free World, Yellow Ledbetter

ARE YOUUUUUUUUU FUCKIN KIDDING ME?!?!?!?!?! HOLY FUCKIN SHIT!!!!!!!!!! You got 27,000 insane people and you fuckin pull off SOLAT into BLOOD(!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)....OMG I WAS GOING FUCKIN NUTS FOR BLOOD....ITS, MY, FUCKIN BLOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Even Flow was fuckin great, I dont remember most of it because I was catching my breath....

Ok....now you got 2 of some of the hardest PJ songs being played back-to-back!!! COMATOSE, into..............L-E-A-S-H!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No one thought we would get it since it was played at Boston 2...but fuckin idk, I think everyone was in schock and then when the opening lines of "TROUBELED SOULS UNITE!!!" the place ERUPTED!!!!!!!!!!!! I was jumping up, screaming full volume going nuts as were the other 26,999 people. My fuckin dad, was next to me and he was going fuckin nuts too...the guy to my left was lookin at me like whats the big deal? WHAT THE BIG DEAL? FUCK YOU!!!....then RITFW got people jumping up and down as well

I think the band realized how fuckin great the crowd was when Ed said he talks to us now as Friends instead of ladies and gentlemen.

For you people around my area that were getting pissed when Ed was talking...yeah F U...A lot of people don't know those facts at all...many people convicted aren't aloud a DNA test to prove they are innocent. It was cool to see those people playing Last Kiss with the band, and most of the Philly crowd gave them the love back.

By the way....340xxx Section 202 row M Seat 64

Right now i am physically exhausted...I want to try to get to Camden again tonite but I doubt that I'll have energy to do it...Got home at about 3AM (my dad lives in Virginia so I crashed there)...
2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• eddies grrleddies grrl Posts: 509
    you said it! :D

great, great, great, great, great, great show.

i was in sect 202 row K, seat 50. dead center, with a straight view of mr vedder. ;)
    Life is the riddle
    Of which we're caught in the middle.
    A couple of lucky ones
    Tangled up in too much love
    ~cowboy junkies
    this morning, i barely have a voice, and i actually had to take some advil because my whole body is SORE from the exertion! participating in that show was like running a marathon, and the endorphins are still goin' strong. :D
    Life is the riddle
    A couple of lucky ones
    ~cowboy junkies
  • HailHailVitalogyHailHailVitalogy Posts: 5,125
    Yeah I can't speak at all. During the show I was soaked in sweat until the first Encore where I got to relax a little bit and still enjoy the show.

The best thing about this though is that I had a cold going into the show and I just made it 10x worse, but who cares!
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    I lost my voice way before Blood!...

Believe it or not I lost it after screaming the lyrics for comeback... LMAO!

This show was unbelievable and I've been to my share of shows, but the crowd was so into the songs and they were just so into the songs, new and old! I was surprised to see so many people singing the lyrics to the new songs, but then again I was surrounded by fanclub members ....

Aaaanyways, this show was great! Lot of crowd pleasers and while I was holding my breath or losing my mind about Leash it was absolutely insane when the music started everyon just fucking lost it !!!!

Comatose was SICK!!!! I was so jumping and screaming I almost stepped on my poster.... ha!

Anway chicos I gotta go, I have some walking around Philly to do and get ready for tonights show!!!!
    I cant fucking wait!

Urs,
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
    I lost my voice way before Blood!...

Believe it or not I lost it after screaming the lyrics for comeback... LMAO!

This show was unbelievable and I've been to my share of shows, but the crowd was so into the songs and they were just so into the songs, new and old! I was surprised to see so many people singing the lyrics to the new songs, but then again I was surrounded by fanclub members ....

Aaaanyways, this show was great! Lot of crowd pleasers and while I was holding my breath or losing my mind about Leash it was absolutely insane when the music started everyon just fucking lost it !!!!

Comatose was SICK!!!! I was so jumping and screaming I almost stepped on my poster.... ha!

Anway chicos I gotta go, I have some walking around Philly to do and get ready for tonights show!!!!
    I cant fucking wait!

Urs,

Good luck with tonite!!!

Yeah fuckin I put my poster in my seat and during the show everyone knows that you move maybe 2 or 3 seats from where you were....fuckin the guy 2 people down from my pulled down my seat and sat on my poster, its ruined! ugh
    this morning, i barely have a voice, and i actually had to take some advil because my whole body is SORE from the exertion! participating in that show was like running a marathon, and the endorphins are still goin' strong. :D

I think we are all on the same boat!

My voice just parted and never came back though I havent tried speaking this morning yet since my hubby still passed out... lol
    But my body is sore... my beck is KILLING ME and never mind my feet, I got up 4 times yesterday night with foot and leg cramps from all the jumping and dancing :S

But it was all fucking worth it and I will do it again tinight!

:D
  • you said it! :D

great, great, great, great, great, great show.

i was in sect 202 row K, seat 50. dead center, with a straight view of mr vedder. ;)

eddie grrl i was 5 seat away from you 202 row k 55
    "I Will Scream my Lungs out 'til it fills this Room "

" I Will Feel Alive as Long as I am Free"

"Are We Getting SomeThing Out Of this All Encompassing Trip? Makes Much More Sense To Live In The Present Tense"

www.myspace.com/ehoff12982
    Good luck with tonite!!!

Yeah fuckin I put my poster in my seat and during the show everyone knows that you move maybe 2 or 3 seats from where you were....fuckin the guy 2 people down from my pulled down my seat and sat on my poster, its ruined! ugh

Oh man that blows :(
    I would have kicked his ass !!!

Are you going tonight?
  • blacknapkinsblacknapkins Posts: 2,176
    Amazing show and a fabulous crowd. I'm having a hard time putting into words how the whole experience of being there made me feel, so I'll wait for the boot for inspiration.

Great crowd participation ... I think the band knows that we really, really LOVE them.
    "Information is not knowledge.
    Knowledge is not wisdom.
    Wisdom is not truth.
    Truth is not beauty.
    Beauty is not love.
    Love is not music.
    Music is the best."
    ~ FZ ~
    Oh man that blows :(
    I would have kicked his ass !!!

Are you going tonight?

probably not, im too whipped and i dont feel like getting home at 3am again...lol i didnt realize how far philly is from my dad...a good 3 1/2 hours
  • VinceVince Posts: 174
    As soon as I heard the guitar for Leash I was like, Fucking shit!!!! I was going ape shit but the people around me were frozen like a deer in headlights. Either they were in shock or had no freaking idea what the song was.

This was one of oddest shows I have been to. That entire period between Eddies rant and Last Kiss was a complete downer. I thought I was in the twilight zone.

The concession people need to get their act straight. Some people were buying 8-10 posters at a time. Finally the people behind the counter realized that they were only supposed to sell one per person. Luckily I was able to get one but I feel for the folks who were unable to purchase a poster because of greedy "fans".
    “Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened.”
  • BuruBuru Posts: 8,473

that's great!! :D
    Joey too! (you just HAVE to go back today)

Happy you guys had an awesome show...
    y la banda de Guille... cuando toca?
  • BigballsBigballs Posts: 44
    Thanks for the review HailHail. Wow, that sounds like a crazy show. Going to have to spend another 12 beans for sure.

Two questions: Did Mike tag YL with anything?
    Anyone with a spare Pittsburgh tix please give me a shout out, Thanks !
    Broken Heart don't feel so bad, ain't got half of what you thought you had".
    eddie grrl i was 5 seat away from you 202 row k 55

were you / with the girl next to me? (there were two seats EMPTY between us, right?) if so, she & i had to endure the guy in front of us stinking up the place every few minutes! LMAO, it was horrific. but it didn't dampen my fun, believe me!
    Life is the riddle
    A couple of lucky ones
    ~cowboy junkies
    probably not, im too whipped and i dont feel like getting home at 3am again...lol i didnt realize how far philly is from my dad...a good 3 1/2 hours

holy crap. can i buy your ticket?? :p
    Life is the riddle
    A couple of lucky ones
    ~cowboy junkies
  • pintabonepintabone Posts: 7
    The first few songs in the show I couldn't even hear Eddie. That is how loud the fucking place was. It was incredible. I was section 204, row g. 10c number 275xxx. Some real nice dudes around me. My voice was gone by given to fly probably. Really great show. When I heard that opening to Leash I almost tackled my girlfriend. I don't think anyone was expecting it. Sounded great live. Back on the road tonight to see them again. I can't wait.
    Everyone else does...Why not?

Camden 7/5/03
    Camden 7/6/03
    MSG 7/8/03
    MSG 7/9/03
    Hershey 7/12/03
    Holmdel 7/14/03
    Reading 10/1/04
    Philly 10/3/05
    Camden 5/27/06
    Camden 5/28/06
    Vh1 Storytellers 5/31/06
    Rutherford 6/1/06
    Rutherford 6/3/06
  • Bigballs wrote:
    Thanks for the review HailHail. Wow, that sounds like a crazy show. Going to have to spend another 12 beans for sure.

Two questions: Did Mike tag YL with anything?
    Anyone with a spare Pittsburgh tix please give me a shout out, Thanks !

Actually he did tag it, and it was the best part of the night...

Star Spangled Banner.

Was in section 203, row E, seats 5 & 6
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,175
    OH MY FUCKIN GOD!!!!

This was the best show I have ever seen! (Besides Gorge because Gorge was on a different level with the acoustic set). For me to say this after attending many classic shows over the recent years means this show was epic.

The crowd was the LOUDEST and CRAZIEST I have ever been apart of. :D

The crowd was soooooooooooooooooo into the new songs like you wouldnt believe, Severed Hand finally has people going YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...good lord...Comatose, I think everyone was fuckin going nUtS!!!!!!!

Not For You.........are you fuckin kidding me?......one of my favorite songs........THE MOST INTENSE VERSION...EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know half of this is bullshit to read but it's so fuckin hard to put on paper!

Come Back was fuckin gorgeous, with the way the lights were going....WOW. Present Tense I think we sang the whole fuckin thing...then Why Go got people going nuts too

***Now for you people who are saying the set was dead or whatever the fuck you are saying:***

Encore 2: State Of Love And Trust, Blood, Even Flow, Comatose, Leash, Rockin' In The Free World, Yellow Ledbetter

ARE YOUUUUUUUUU FUCKIN KIDDING ME?!?!?!?!?! HOLY FUCKIN SHIT!!!!!!!!!! You got 27,000 insane people and you fuckin pull off SOLAT into BLOOD(!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)....OMG I WAS GOING FUCKIN NUTS FOR BLOOD....ITS, MY, FUCKIN BLOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Even Flow was fuckin great, I dont remember most of it because I was catching my breath....

Ok....now you got 2 of some of the hardest PJ songs being played back-to-back!!! COMATOSE, into..............L-E-A-S-H!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No one thought we would get it since it was played at Boston 2...but fuckin idk, I think everyone was in schock and then when the opening lines of "TROUBELED SOULS UNITE!!!" the place ERUPTED!!!!!!!!!!!! I was jumping up, screaming full volume going nuts as were the other 26,999 people. My fuckin dad, was next to me and he was going fuckin nuts too...the guy to my left was lookin at me like whats the big deal? WHAT THE BIG DEAL? FUCK YOU!!!....then RITFW got people jumping up and down as well

I think the band realized how fuckin great the crowd was when Ed said he talks to us now as Friends instead of ladies and gentlemen.

For you people around my area that were getting pissed when Ed was talking...yeah F U...A lot of people don't know those facts at all...many people convicted aren't aloud a DNA test to prove they are innocent. It was cool to see those people playing Last Kiss with the band, and most of the Philly crowd gave them the love back.

By the way....340xxx Section 202 row M Seat 64

Right now i am physically exhausted...I want to try to get to Camden again tonite but I doubt that I'll have energy to do it...Got home at about 3AM (my dad lives in Virginia so I crashed there)...
    yeah great great great show and fuck those assholes who just wan't the band to play the songs and then go home this band is about awareness no other band besides pj maybe u2 can make people aware of injustices of our society try to get to nj next saturday last show before the next leg starts up should be memorable.member#27xxx p2 seat 5 & 6
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • PearlJam134PearlJam134 Posts: 66
    State of love and trust... the song that will eternally elude me.
    PearlJam134.gif
  • PJaholicPJaholic Posts: 81
    HailHail.. I couldn't have said it better myself. This was my 10th show and by far the best setlist I've seen so far!!!
    After the first encore was all mellow I told my friends to get ready. I knew the second encore was going to be SICK and boy was I right.

From the first note of SOLAT to the very last note of YLB I didn't stop moving.
    I actually got to hear Leash!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I'm still in shock over that one.

I took 2 people to their first PJ show last night and they are both hooked.

I was in sec 100 row J (1oth row behind the pit) right in front of Mike. Aside from the 2 people in front of us who sat most of the show, the crowed there was great!!

CAN'T WAIT TILL THURSDAY AND SATURDAY IN E. RUTHERFORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "i'm lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side"
    holy crap. can i buy your ticket?? :p

Actually I don't have any, I was thinking of getting there really early to get to the box office. If not I would scalp off the street. I'm just too beat right now, this week has been crazy for me. I have to fly home tomorrow morning so it's not worth getting home at 330 again :)

and yes EAST RUTHERFORD THURSDAY AND SATURDAY. WILL FUCKIN ROCK!!! I think these 2 shows and the 2 camden shows are the most anticipated for this first leg.

I was listening to WMMR on the way home. THERE WERE 27,000 PEOPLE THERE!!!!! Holy balls!!

The song I have been dying to hear and I've been to 12 shows and haven't heard it yet is BREAKERFALL...I would have never thought I would hear LEASH before fuckin Breakerfall...holy cow!
    I forgot, I actually have a bone to pick.

I get my poster (right after they finally let it be only 1 per customer, some were getting like 5)...and I have no bag and the lady ran out of rubber bands.

So I walk over to the other poster area where they were selling the non-show posters. I asked if I could have a rubber band, the guy was like "no, pay 5$ for a poster and then we will give you a rubber band or for 1$ we will give you this vinyl sleeve"

What the fuck? you cant give me a rubber band when you have like 3 packages of them sitting on your table? Do these guys work for PJ? wtf
  • PineappleAnaPineappleAna Posts: 255
    I forgot, I actually have a bone to pick.

I get my poster (right after they finally let it be only 1 per customer, some were getting like 5)...and I have no bag and the lady ran out of rubber bands.

So I walk over to the other poster area where they were selling the non-show posters. I asked if I could have a rubber band, the guy was like "no, pay 5$ for a poster and then we will give you a rubber band or for 1$ we will give you this vinyl sleeve"

What the fuck? you cant give me a rubber band when you have like 3 packages of them sitting on your table? Do these guys work for PJ? wtf

do you know how many people ask that guy for rubberbands or bags?

every single person.

yes he works for the band, not directly but a company employed by the band.

you should bring your own rubberband or stop complaining.
    do you know how many people ask that guy for rubberbands or bags?

every single person.

yes he works for the band, not directly but a company employed by the band.

you should bring your own rubberband or stop complaining.

dude it's a rubber band, they always supply it and the lady ran out so I asked the guy nicely for one
  • nothingman44nothingman44 Posts: 1,495
    dude it's a rubber band, they always supply it and the lady ran out so I asked the guy nicely for one

same thing happened to me in ottawa

i just paid the $5 for the tour poster. those guys are allowed to go home once all of their merchandise is gone, so they are doing whatever they can do to get rid of all their shit...

i actuallykind of like that poster now too.
    same thing happened to me in ottawa

i just paid the $5 for the tour poster. those guys are allowed to go home once all of their merchandise is gone, so they are doing whatever they can do to get rid of all their shit...

i actuallykind of like that poster now too.

Yeah that's crap.

Are you hitting any other shows?
  • RiderRider Posts: 125
    Great, great show. It was one of the best shows I have ever seen. PJ or otherwise. The crowd was extremely loud and pumped up all night. The band had a lot of energy and sounded tight. It was well worth the 16 hour round trip i just got back from! Met some cool folks too.
    We all walk the Long Road...

Charlotte & Raleigh Lollapalooza 1992, Charlotte Memorial 1996, Tibet Freedom Concert 1998, Raleigh & Greenville 1998, Greensboro 2000, Raleigh & Camden 2003, Asheville 2004, Camden 2006, DC 2008, Atlanta 2012  Charlottesville 2013, Charlotte 2013
     Greenville, (XRaleighX) and Hampton 2016, London Hyde Park, Quebec City and Ottawa 2022, St Paul (hopefully) 2023
    Yeah that's crap.

Are you hitting any other shows?

i'm going to east rutherford 2 next weekend with shoetheshoeless. found a cheap flight from providence down to philly so it made it alot easier to get down there for that show.

i'm also going out to the gorge as well. vacation time is nuts!
    Nice!!

I'll be doing the same, except add the first ER show :)

I wasted all my money on this Gorge trip but it will be well worth it!!
    unfortunately i can only make the first gorge show...

stupid announcements screwed me over. oh well, one gorge show is better than none.