Options

What do you guys think about PHISH?

13»

Comments

• Options
    your looking at it from being a phishead. some people don't like when bands go off on wanking or noodling. hell i've seen people leave in the middle of a porch or rvm jam.[/quote]

True...I guess it's all personal preference. And yea the teasing in the songs is awesome. It took me a while to pick up on it but if PJ broke down some of their songs into riffs of others it would definitely make the live shows even better. If that's even possible.
    '08- Camden 1-2   '09- Chicago 2; Spectrum 1-4
    '10- MSG 1-2   '11- PJ20
    '12- MIA; DeLuna '13- Wrigley; Pitt; Brooklyn 1-2; Philly 1-2; Baltimore; Seattle
    '14- Denver   '16- Philly 1-2; MSG 2
    '17- Pilgrimage Music Fest (Eddie)
    '18- Fenway
  • Options
    I think when people say they don't like Phish because they're boring they have the preconceived notion that all Phish songs are 20+ minute jams. Also they may not realize that a lot of the "jamming" they are hearing are actually composed sections to prog and or jazz songs. Now if you're not really into Prog or Jazz or long instrumental passages then I can definitely understand why you may not like The Phish. I mean if you're listening to Phish for the vocals then you're definitely doing it wrong. Trey can't move you with his voice like Eddie can, but I've been just as moved by his guitar playing then even the best versions of Black I've seen live. If you are interested in getting into Phish I highly recommend checking out the links Binfrog posted and seeking out Junta and A Live One. Or just PM me and I'll hook you up with links to some epic shows.
    "What can you expect when you're on top? You know? It's like Napoleon. When he was the king, you know, people were just constantly trying to conquer him, you know, in the Roman Empire. So, it's history repeating itself all over again."
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,217
    bunch of poth eads if you ask me ;)
    epburnsiesphish.jpg
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    I saw Phish at Bader Field in Atlantic City on June 16th. Before the show - I could maybe name 5 phish songs. I mean... trey is a talented guitar player... and writes interesting music... but his lyrics are pretty much nonsense... and if you don't like deep toned solo's for 2 hours... they aren't for you...

... i didn't remember much from the show to be honest (cough cough). But to their credit - Phish posts ALL of their shows for FREEEEE on their website (if you save your ticket - which i did). I dl'ed the show and am listening for the first time now. I'm about an hour and a half in - and i don't know where i am anymore... once in a while, the music circles back around into structured songs - but 90% of it is electric jazz. Can i listen to it - yes. Can i get into it? - no way. I think that might be the point though.
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    tossed the cd in last week...and upon further review.....i may go to the sat show if a cheap ticket can be sourced
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRvG9zjyrog

Brain = ooze. Don't say I didn't warn you.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    zevilonezevilone Posts: 339
    pearl jam with 2 phish after shows in chicago sounds perfect to me

as well as seeing the braves play the white sox sunday afternoon :mrgreen:
  • Options
    guacamolejoeguacamolejoe Posts: 2,396
    81 wrote:
    tossed the cd in last week...and upon further review.....i may go to the sat show if a cheap ticket can be sourced
    Tickets for the lawn will be cheap (real cheap) if you don't mind not having a direct sight line to the band. Although you will miss a great light show :mrgreen:
    zevilone wrote:
    pearl jam with 2 phish after shows in chicago sounds perfect to me

as well as seeing the braves play the white sox sunday afternoon :mrgreen:

Going to Saturday show, thanks to mydogmookieblaylock 8-)
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!