Options

*** EV Tour Houston 1 Fanviews Here 11/12/12 ***

2»

Comments

• Options
    darthdarth Houston, TX Posts: 139
    So what a night last night was. Was a little dissappointed with my 10 Club seats being a veteran of the club since 1999, we were in the teir. Front row at least but thought for sure i would have been on the floow. Senoirity didnt mean shit i guess for this show.

First off Glen Hansard. I had not heard him before but he blew me away. My wife and I thouroghly enjoyed his set.

Ed sounded amazing and the laid back feel of the show was great. The music was wonderful but it was also great to hear Ed pull back the curtains a little bit and just speak and let us all in a bit. And he was really funny!!

The story of the little girl reminded us of our son who is almost 4 and he was upset that he wasn't going to see Eddie Vedder as he kept telling us haha.

The set was awesome and very glad he played "Just Breathe". Hearing the Into The Wild stuff was cool and yah it's not Ed's song but him and Glen doing "Falling Slowly" together gave me chills. Fantastic show and my wife and I enjoyed our night out!
    9/16/95; 10/14/00; 10/15/00; 10/17/00; 4/5/03; 4/6/03; 10/04/09; 11/12/12 (Ed); 11/16/13; 10/12/14
  • Options
    Last night show was incredible. The set list was interesting with some surprises. Ed's voice was very, very, very strong. Big shout out to my Ten Club Tickets - I was 11 rows from the stage in Row G. We have some great pictures at the show's end since we did not snap any until it was just about done.
  • Options
    Im not sure what most complaints about 10C tickets are about. I mean I do, and I have been a member since 96, but I havent used 10C tickets in quite some time...and got Row F ORCH the first night and row AA the second night.

that being said...these were my first EV solo show and I had a blast! LBC was a personal highlight for me...even though some old dude next to me was put off by my screaming LOVE at the end when nobody seemed to around me. :-)
  • Options
    Crystal the PistolCrystal the Pistol Houston, TX Posts: 140
    Amazing show - possibly one of the best shows I have ever seen! Arc blew me away. I actually thought I was going to start crying. I could feel tears prick the back of my eyes. It was beautiful.
    My 10c seats were pretty good, but not as great as I would have expected. I was located row K - orchestra left.
    I thought the PJ nuggets (I Am Mine, LBC, Porch...) were totally amazing. I don't know if night 2 topped night 1, but it would have been awesome to see Ed preform Rockin' in the Free World in that setting. Wish I could have gotten tickets to both shows... Oh, I like the poster from night 1 better.
    Eddie is the man! :D
    AUSTIN: 9/16/1995
    THE WOODLANDS: 10/14/2000
    THE WOODLANDS: 4/6/2003
    NEW YORK: 6/24/2008
    NEW ORLEANS: 5/1/2010
    EAST TROY: 9/3/2011 & 9/4/2011
    PENSACOLA: 9/21/2012
    HOUSTON: 11/12/2012 (ev)
    DALLAS: 11/15/2013
    AUSTIN: 10/5/2014
    TULSA: 10/8/2014
    FT. LAUDERDALE: 4/8/2016
    MIAMI: 4/9/2016
    TAMPA: 4/11/2016
    JACKSONVILLE: 4/13/2016
    NEW ORLEANS: 4/23/2016
    BOSTON: 8/5/2016
  • Options
    hoopinman wrote:
    Im not sure what most complaints about 10C tickets are about. I mean I do, and I have been a member since 96, but I havent used 10C tickets in quite some time...and got Row F ORCH the first night and row AA the second night.

that being said...these were my first EV solo show and I had a blast! LBC was a personal highlight for me...even though some old dude next to me was put off by my screaming LOVE at the end when nobody seemed to around me. :-)

I was in for F too! Was blown away by the performance. Didn't see the old dude, though :) Young couple next to me, and after certain songs we would look at eachother and shake our heads, blown away. Wish I could replay this night over and over and overrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
    "Sun sets on this ocean- never once on my devotion."

"If I had this guy's voice, you could all kiss my ass."
  • Options
    STAYSEASTAYSEA Posts: 3,814
    RiotAct wrote:
    Can anyone who was there recall what Ed talked about before he played Everyday by Buddy Holly? I met Ed Sunday night in Austin and told him to comeback to Okoboji Iowa where I am from. He had commented in Council Bluffs IA in 2003 at that show that he had been to Okoboji when he was mentioning places in Iowa he had been (as well as Clear Lake IA) before he played Peggy Sue that show. Buddy Hollys plane crashed in Clear Lake IA.

I heard he mentioned before playing Everyday in Houston that he had been to a place called Okoboji IA years ago and then corrected himself and said it was Clear Lake IA where Buddys plane crashed.

Appreciate any info anyone can share on this!

Wtf? My fav song!!! I have all Buddy Holly's vinyls. Any one have a boot? PM me, I have stuff to trade ;)
  • Options
    hgpjam11hgpjam11 Posts: 1,328
    Both Ed and Glen were fantastic, as good as I've ever heard them. LBC was a nice surprise, though I wonder if the guy who screamed it was serious.

I was really disappointed in the crowd, though. I realize it's a more formal venue than a regular concert, but when I saw the show last year at the Fox Theater in St. Louis (also very formal), the crowd was on their feet by the end of Glen's set, and barely sat down until the end. It felt like much of this crowd just wasn't interested. I was in the center of row G, and by the last few songs there were at least 10 seats empty in the row in front of me.

Going to Memphis next week, hoping for a more PJ-like crowd.
    I win.
  • Options
    KB2578KB2578 Posts: 16
    By far my favorite show of my 5 show Texas run. Mainly due to the fact that the little girl Eddie referenced before Picture in a Frame was my daughter, Eileen. Thanks Ed!! A completely surreal experience and one I'll never forget. She can't stop talking about the fact that he sang one of her favorite songs for her.

Other than the obvious, the highlights for me were Immortality and the Everyday cover. I was at the Lubbock show back in 2000 (the only other time he's played it), so that was awesome to hear again. Like others have said, the crowd wasn't as into it as others I've been to, but at least there seemed to be less shouting out and annoying distractions. Dallas last night had to be the worst I've seen in regards to that.
  • Options
    STAYSEASTAYSEA Posts: 3,814
    KB2578 wrote:
    By far my favorite show of my 5 show Texas run. Mainly due to the fact that the little girl Eddie referenced before Picture in a Frame was my daughter, Eileen. Thanks Ed!! A completely surreal experience and one I'll never forget. She can't stop talking about the fact that he sang one of her favorite songs for her.

Other than the obvious, the highlights for me were Immortality and the Everyday cover. I was at the Lubbock show back in 2000 (the only other time he's played it), so that was awesome to hear again. Like others have said, the crowd wasn't as into it as others I've been to, but at least there seemed to be less shouting out and annoying distractions. Dallas last night had to be the worst I've seen in regards to that.

that Lubbock bootleg is 40$.
  • Options
    Hopefully the woman that shouted out to Ed...and Ed responded "Have another drink sweetie'...reads this cause I justfound a short clip of you that I took night 2 in Houston when you were talking me and my friends after Hard Sun. PM me and I will wetransfer it to you. :D
    2009 Philly Spectrum 10/28
    2010 Jazz Fest*Kansas City*St.Louis*Columbus*Noblesville*Bristow*
    Hartford*Newark*MSG1*MSG2*Dublin*Belfast*HydePark*Nijmegen*
    Berlin*WM3Little Rock*Bridge 1&2
    2011 Eddie Vedder*Chicago*St Louis*San Diego*Long Beach*Los Angles*Santa Barbara
    PJ20 1&2*Canada Tour*Montreal*Toronto 1&2*Ottawa*Hamilton*Winnipeg*
    Saskatoon*Calgary*Edmonton*Vancouver
  • Options
    dwhite76dwhite76 Posts: 2,801
    IF you were at this show Please read. Thank You :D

Hey all, Im looking to finish my collection of the small postcards that came with the EV City specific T-Shirts.
    I have things to trade and may be able to purchase for the right price.

I Have these post cards to trade a 1 for 1 if you have multiple and are looking to finish a collection also.

FOR TRADE
    Las Vegas
    Clearwater
    Phoenix
    **Plus any other Boots, PJ/EV Merch,PJ posters,hoodies,EXCERERA,**

I would apreciate any help. I want to complete this set real bad. Heres the ones I need. Thank You.

I NEED
    1.El Paso
    2.Memphis
    3.Tulsa
    4.Houston
    5.Jacksonville
    6.Dallas

I have many things to trade from all years of merch. Thanks again :D
    Some words when spoken...Can't be taken back...
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    Anyone have the postcard that came with the shirt? Please PM me. Cheers.