Options

How do you afford to follow a tour ?

13»

Comments

• Options
    dougfloyddougfloyd Fishers, IN Posts: 2,544
    5against1- wrote:
    Live in the northeast... :D

This seems to be the key if you want to save on airfare, let them come to you!
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2011 - EV solo St Louis, PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincy, St Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Lexington, Wrigley
    2018 - Wrigley
    2022 - Nashville, St Louis
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,326
    I wish I could afford to follow them on tour! :(

I can usually persuade my wife to go to multiple shows in the same city if I try hard enough (MSG 1 and 2 in 2008, SheBu and O2, EV in Sydney, Manc 1 and 2 this year) but there's no way she'd go for a whole tour.

When I saw that our Euro trip this year corresponded with the PJ tour I tried to plan out a realistic way for us to go to all of the shows but she wasn't having any of it! It could be something to do with all of the family commitments/weddings/birthdays etc that the trip was originally booked for!

The most shows in a year I've managed was 4 in 2006 but I was single and they were nicely spaced out - the Astoria in April, Leeds and Reading in August and Newcastle, Australia in November.
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,901
    I used to be a store manager, so I wrote the schedule which was super convenient. ;) The most shows I've done on a tour is 4 in '09 and they were all within CA. I took a regular day off and found a super cheap flight/hotel to go up to SF and see them at Outside Lands. A month later I saw LA 1&2 which were hometown shows, and the following week I had vacation and was able to catch Thom Yorke, 2 Dodgers playoff games, and day tripped to see PJ in SD to wind things up.

The only time I've seen them outside of CA is Alpine and I made that happen thanks to a ridiculously cheap flight thanks to a tip from a buddy, and splitting costs on hotel/car/etc.

Would love to base a trip to Europe somewhat around seeing PJ as I've never traveled outside North America.