Options

*** EV Tour Las Vegas 2 Fanviews Here 11/01/12 ***

Comments

• Options
    YLed2YLed2 Des Moines, IA Posts: 5,534
    can't wait for a leaked black.. not that there will be any.. cos no one can tape anything.. :?

was betterman the usual lullaby ed solo version.. or was it like the BoB organ version on vitalogy?

It was the slow, stripped down version like he has played at Bridge School only once before. Incredible.
    Bristow, VA - 5.13.10
    East Troy, WI - 9.3.11
    East Troy, WI - 9.4.11
    Atlanta, GA - 9.22.12
    Las Vegas, NV - 10.31.12 (EV)
    Las Vegas, NV - 11.1.12 (EV)
    Chicago, IL - 7.19.13
    Dallas, TX - 11.15.13
    Oklahoma City, OK - 11.16.13
    Seattle, WA - 12.6.13
    Lincoln, NE - 10.9.14
    Moline, IL - 10.17.14
    St. Paul, MN - 10.19.14
    Milwaukee, WI - 10.20.14
    New York, NY - 5.1.16
    New York, NY - 5.2.16
    Boston, MA - 8.5.16
    Boston, MA - 8.7.16
    Chicago, IL - 8.20.16

• Options
    GD274660GD274660 Posts: 514
    YLed2 wrote:
    Guys......there is no words that can describe this show last night....none. I am speechless......just incredible. Never again will that happen seeing Ed play Black solo with Boom. Ed was visibly emotional several times during this show, especially for this song. He broke down and cried twice during the show because of the audience's reaction. It was something truly truly special.....Black......I can't describe the feeling in that room when everyone singing along. You should've seen Ed's face.

I'm very fortunate to have been at this show. Myself and several others were talking after the show how special this was, and you just knew how special it was to Ed.

This show truly deserves to be graced with a bootleg. Put this on vinyl because it was that good.

I am very moved just writing this. I can't really find any words to put the significance of this show into retrrospect right now. Wow.

Just a lot of great people at these shows for Vegas. Great fucking times and thanks for everything.

I'm staying at the Palms and grabbed a coffee this morning. While I was waiting there was a woman wearing a PJ t-shirt waiting as well and I said, "quite a show last night, eh?". She started to talk but she just started crying. So I put my hand up and nod my head to say, "It's ok, I get it"....because I was starting to choke up as well.

'bout sums it up.
    San Jose 10/93, San Francisco 6/95, San Jose 11/95, St Louis 4/03, Columbus 5/10, MSGII 5/21/2010, Alpine Valley 09/03/2011 and 09/04/2011
  • Options
    TJ25487TJ25487 Posts: 1,462
    What an incedible 2 nights but as usual night 2 is where it is at. I was fortunate to experience night 2 from 3rd row center stage and Eddie starts talking about this new charity that he is supporting and people near the front started pulling out cash and going up to the front of the stage to hand it over and Eddie was happy and touched to oblige them and take their donations. Well then a nice lady right behind me stands up and starts yelling Eddie Eddie Eddie, about 20 times and Ed is not hearing her and right as i was about to tell her to give it up Eddie recognizes her and she says she will donate 5k if he plays her favorite song Black. Well Ed gets this bewildered look and says that this is a problem as he does not know how to play the music to Black solo? but to hold that thought for later and I figured he was just blowing her off and he went into the next song. Well soon after he brings Boom out and Boom is trying to play black on the organ and Ed is trying to start the vocals but not really confident in Boom's timing of the music and is half ass starting to sing the start of the song and not having much luck. Well then the lady jumps up and runs to the front of the stage to make sure she gets her moneys worth. Now the crowd sees this and also sees that Ed and Boom need help and takes over the singing with recklass abandon. Ed gets choked up and in appreciation comes and sits on the front of the stage to join in the sing along. The song ends up Soaring and takes the concert to the next level. Truly an Unbelieveble experiance right up there with the MSG2 Betterman sing along.
  • Options
    BEST SHOW EVER!! I've been a fan since the beginning, I have a ton of bootlegs, been to shows, go to all sorts of concerts all the time, but last night's show was the end all/be all best of all time! Thank you Ed, for sharing yourself in such a complete way as an artist. I also appreciate that your political views are in line with my beliefs to a tee... One thing, I think the thing about brownie was only a joke from Jimmy Kimmel, I'm not so sure it really happened like that!! Love and thanks to Ed and Glen...
  • Options
    i was there.

saw it all.

holy shit.

so so proud of the crowd. yes there were loud douche bags, always are, but the 100 dollar canadian and the 5000 dollar "black" lady were as big of stars as glen and ed.

black was so bad to start out with. so bad. girl next to me says, "this isn't going to work". and i just shook my head 'cause she was right. but the $5000 lady, undaunted, suggested that ed sing first, then boom figure the key and join in after the first or second change and bam! it worked.

then she played conductor up front for the rest of the song. and the crowd took it home big time.

it was a moment. a holy shit moment. along with a few others - loved the mike-less sleepless nites. the dixie chick lady sings so pretty. glen talks such good story, charming irish fucker. everyone was just having a blast. feel so blessed.

great trip. kudos to everyone lucky enough to be there.
    uke can save the world
  • Options
    song is here

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=198328

just amazing.
  • Options
    wpg pearlwpg pearl Posts: 1,258
    Holy fuck......what a show.words can t express how amazing this show was.epic....I really would love for the bootleg to be released.if you were there you won a royal flush.night one was good but night 2 was on another level.i really hope everyone gets a chance to hear this show :mrgreen: hint, hint
    ajb
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    one last thing..

BLACK IS THE ONLY SONG CAN CREATE SUCH EMOTION..SO MANY FEELINGS...PERIOD

LADIES AND GENTELMAN...

ITS THE BEST SONG EVER WRITTEN IN THE HISTORY OF MUSIC...
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    My wife asked this morning before I left Vegas how the show was on night 2. I just said that when I got home we would have dinner and I would explain. We sat at dinner and I explained that the show went from good, to great, to religious. Boom on the organ, Eddie with Black, and the crowd singing every lyrics like it was their version of church....it was spiritual on so many levels. As I explained it to her, I cried. Cried for the memory of the moment, the fans, the pure interaction and connection that was felt on both sides of the stage and with everyone in that venue. Thanks and love to everyone that was there last night making it everything that it was. Peace to the Canadian who began it all with his gracious $100 donation. Without his confidence to approach the stage, that night would have been just another night. It ended up another night turned epic.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,565
    This sounds like it was way beyond an incredible show, and such a special night. I'm so happy for everyone who actually got to be a part of this!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    YLed2 wrote:
    boyo79 wrote:
    I hope there is no leak of Black from last night. Keep it special for those in attendance.

Guys......there is no words that can describe this show last night....none. I am speechless......just incredible. Never again will that happen seeing Ed play Black solo with Boom. Ed was visibly emotional several times during this show, especially for this song. He broke down and cried twice during the show because of the audience's reaction. It was something truly truly special.....Black......I can't describe the feeling in that room when everyone singing along. You should've seen Ed's face.

I'm very fortunate to have been at this show. Myself and several others were talking after the show how special this was, and you just knew how special it was to Ed.

This show truly deserves to be graced with a bootleg. Put this on vinyl because it was that good.

I am very moved just writing this. I can't really find any words to put the significance of this show into retrrospect right now. Wow.

Just a lot of great people at these shows for Vegas. Great fucking times and thanks for everything.

Heard the recording last night. Wow! Incredible. I'll re-phrase my original post since it got 'leaked'. I hope that performance of Black is a OTOTO. Keep it special for those who went the gig!
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,565
    boyo79 wrote:
    YLed2 wrote:
    boyo79 wrote:
    I hope there is no leak of Black from last night. Keep it special for those in attendance.

Heard the recording last night. Wow! Incredible. I'll re-phrase my original post since it got 'leaked'. I hope that performance of Black is a OTOTO. Keep it special for those who went the gig!
    What is OTOTO??
    Also, it sounds like a boot of the show sold for that charity would be a great idea, and very fitting! I should think that anyone who was there would love for a boot to be released too (more than everyone else probably).
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Pretty good blog review of the show that was also posted in GTF.

http://lasvegascitylife.com/blog/cultur ... pearl.html

What a once in a lifetime type of show.
    Bristow, VA - 5.13.10
    East Troy, WI - 9.3.11
    East Troy, WI - 9.4.11
    Atlanta, GA - 9.22.12
    Chicago, IL - 7.19.13
    Dallas, TX - 11.15.13
    Seattle, WA - 12.6.13
    Lincoln, NE - 10.9.14
    Moline, IL - 10.17.14
    St. Paul, MN - 10.19.14
    Milwaukee, WI - 10.20.14
    New York, NY - 5.1.16
    New York, NY - 5.2.16
    Boston, MA - 8.5.16
    Boston, MA - 8.7.16
    Chicago, IL - 8.20.16

• Options
    Wow. WOW! Once in a lifetime for sure... I was moved to tears when I was lucky enough to find audio only of Black on you tube last night. Can't find it now. Makes the anticipation of ALB almost unbearable. It will be unique for sure...trying to temper my high hopes for a special night like Nov 1 and remember "it makes much more sense to live in the present tense."

Oh yeah- those of you who were singing along, you sounded amazing. Way to show the man some love. Awesome.
    Lollapalooza @ Great Woods 8-8-92~~CU Field House 11-26-93~~Red Rocks 6-20-95~~Randall's Island 9-28-96~~Randall's Island 9-29-96~~Columbia, Maryland 9-24-96~~EV solo Hartford, CT 6-18-11~~EV solo Albuquerque, NM 11-6-12~~ Denver 10-22-2014~~Fenway II 8-7-2016
  • Options
    OTOTO = one time, one time only, Ed has used this phrase to describe a one time only song performance such as "Ain't Talkin Bout Love" from Hartford 2010
  • Options
    Love all the comments. I feel so lucky and blessed to have shared that show with all of you. I had such a great time meeting so many cool people. There really weren't too many loud assholes at all. I was really proud of how quiet and respectful everyone was. There were so many moments in both Glen and Ed's sets when everyone was completely silent as they played. It was really cool when there'd be pauses in their songs and it was just dead silence. I got the pleasure to chat Ed down and he gave me a hand written letter and some guitar pics. Thanks to the 3 of you who bought them to help me raise money for Boys Town Nevada at the pre-parties. I asked Ed about the album and possible tour next year, and he laughed and said jokingly, "Well, I'm just trying to get through this one first." I had a tambourine from Fargo that I'd been trying to get him to sign for years and was finally able to. He said, "Oh yeah, eh, Fargo, sure I remember that one" and drew one of his wave doodles on it, wrote Fargo in caps, and signed his name quite big. So, here's something you all know, and I shouldn't even have to tell you. Ed is the fuckin coolest mofo on Earth. Period. Just 2 incredible nights, and yes, that second show was phenomenal!

Yours riding that Nov 1 high...
    ~Bren
    1/95 DC 7/95 Chicago Tor Tol Cha 96 AlpV I II Chi St L KC 98 BSB I II 99 Phx Vegas Fresno SBern 00 BSB I II 01 (met ed) Vegas Phx Fargo St. Paul Chicago Alpine V Indy Col Virg Phi I II MSG I II (got on DVD!) 03 Calg 05 Clev Vegas LA I II SBar 06 Lon Dus Cop Nij Bel 07 Phi I II DC MSG I II Har BOS I II 08, LA3/4, SD '09, MSG I II '10, Missoula, London ONT, Wrigley, SD, LA1/2, Portland. Wrigley '16 I and II. 
  • Options
    alexross42 wrote:
    boyo79 wrote:

I agree that on the one hand it is nice to keep it special for those in attendance but what if it was released as download only for $1.99 (for example) and the proceeds were added to the original $5k?

+1
    that would raise more money in a few weeks than they would get in ten years of donations
    so Ed please think hard about that much fund raising 1 beautiful song would do.
    Ed has always said that song has changed over the years into a whole new meaning, well Ed it just changed again
  • Options
    mayerdmayerd Posts: 62
    So here it goes...

First post, longtime fan.

I brought my daughter to the Nov. 1 show. I have been grooming her to be a fan since birth, as any good parent would do. When I told her we were going I made a 'mix tape' of songs for her on her iPod. I didn't include Black. She knows this song well and was disappointed that she would not get to hear it live. So needless to say, she was blown away! Not sure if she can go to another show and not be disappointed. She is a huge Natalie Maines fan, so that just added to her great experience.

An overused but applicable saying EPIC SHOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Let me start by saying that I don't post much on the board but I really like reading the fanviews. There have been some beautiful, articulate posts made by some sharp and insightful fans! I must admit I do follow the craft beer thread (guilty pleasure?). Anyways I was inclined to post about what took place at the Pearl in Las Vegas on November 1st, 2012. My wife Lucy and I attended the show the night before with 10c seats and had a great time. The show was incredible and the costumes only added to the fun. The next day all Lucy and I could talk about was what an amazing concert that was. We didn't have tix to the 2nd show. All day something kept nagging at me...we MUST attend tonight's show. My reasonable side of my brain kept saying "Last night was a great show. There's no way that it could be topped...right?" Finally, after overcoming all of my self-imposed objections, I said fuck it, hopped on stubhub and bought 2 overpriced (I thought at the time) balcony tix. BTW: isn't stubhub just on-line scalping? :roll:

First, I want to complement the crowd. Being from Vegas you kinda accept the fact that Vegas audiences are notoriously bad. Allot of belligerent drunks and people standing (mostly sitting actually) with their arms crossed. This was NOT the case for these shows! Even during the Halloween night show there was more than one occasion that you could have heard a pin drop (really). Amazing when you think about how many people were totally shit faced out there! You guys conducted yourselves with the utmost dignity and respect. It actually made me proud to be from Las Vegas!

As far as Eddie's comments on Vegas...think about the type of person he is. Everyone on this forum knows Ed through his music. Does it surprise you that he isn't a "Bellagio" type of guy? Look I know there is so much more to Las Vegas than the strip. Trust me I've been to places within a couple hours of Vegas that you wouldn't believe. But the fact remains that most people (Ed is a person) who visit Vegas only see the strip, so can we blame him for being a bit cynical? The interesting part of this is I firmly believe that after these two shows Ed's perspective on Las Vegas has been forever changed. This is because of YOU fans who attended these shows...you truly were a part of history!

Side note: Ed mentioned his rafting trip and the odd thing that occurred at a restaurant near the river where they were filming ITW. I was on an annual 4 day fishing trip with some work buddies near Temple Bar during this time. We saw all of the RV's, semis and movie equipment. We would come into the marina for fuel and breakfast every morning and the waitress would say "you guys just missed Sean Penn and some of the actors in a movie that they're filming here". She couldn't remember the name of the movie though. It kinda became a running joke with us. Was Ed with them at that time? If I'd only known then what I know now! Chalk it up as a near miss I guess :cry:

Onto the show...
    Glen Hansard is a totall BADASS! So much passion! Amazing dude! EV+GH=peas+carrots! Enough said.

I've been to a few PJ shows. Not nearly as many as some of you, but this was my 1st EV solo experience. I have NEVER (not even at Gibson IV) witnessed anything like what took place this night. At the outset there seemed to be a sense of anticipation like I haven't seen in a long time at any concert. After Hansard finished everyone was on the edge of their seats and there was a palpable energy in the room. The theatre took on a mystical quality that you couldn't quite put your finger on. Something was in the air for sure!

You can see the official fanview by Sea (which is great) for the setlist and specifics. Highlights, in a night of so many amazing moments, for me were Sleepless Nights and obviously, Black. Eddie and Glen stepped out to the front of the stage sans microphones and, after a few shhhhh's from the crowd, the Pearl fell completely silent. No shit! It was so quiet I didn't want to breath for fear of fucking it up. When the song was over the silence was shattered by one of the loudest roars of applause I've probably ever heard. It felt as if we were applauding for us for being so fucking cool as much as for Ed and Glen's performance. Ed and Glen got the biggest smiles on their faces as if they couldn't believe we held ourselves in check for that long. It was in that moment that Ed had to acknowledge this was not the Vegas crowd of old and we had won him over! Between the outpouring of cash for http://healeb.org/ and this very moment Las Vegas had cemented itself as a regular west coast tour stop for Mr. Vedder. Never mind that it took a Canuck to loosen us up (isn't that what they do best anyway...love those guys!) :lol:

As you've seen in many other posts the "Black" lady offered $5K to Heal EB for Ed to play Black. (you may find yourself in HR if you tell this story at work using "Black" lady reference) :lol: She was the driving force for what became a performance that will be talked about for many years to come. For that we all owe her a huge debt of gratitude! She really caught Ed offguard and put him in a precarious position.

First off, despite how Ed may portray himself at times as a freewheeling artist/surfer, I believe that to be as good as he is he is pretty well rehearsed and takes pride in sounding the best that he can for us. In short: the guy is a true professional. Black was not, and has never been, a part of his solo act.

Secondly, he doesn't know how to play it! Really? I laughed so hard when he said that just because it seems so odd. I am a beginner/novice guitarist and I can strum Black (basically E,A,C,D,Em) :D The guy is a fucking awesome guitarist, singer and songwriter and HE needed ME onstage to play Black! Anyway as you've read Boom hopped on the pump organ and a slow train wreck began. At first it was tough to watch then something amazing happened...the crowd took over! Just when it looked as if Ed was going to laugh it off and bail out we locked in with Boom and Ed followed OUR lead! The barrier between artist and audience had been breached! With every verse we grew in confidence (and volume). The train was on the tracks and chugging away! Every word struck like a hammer until we became as much performer as observer. At that moment we stood next to Ed, our brother, and willed that song into the most emotional rendition I have and probably will ever hear. It was just Ed and us sitting around a campfire singing one of the best songs ever written. This was a culmination of years of devotion to a man (and band) who has added so much to our lives and we were gonna return the favor. As Ed moved to the edge of the stage for the "we belong together" tag he was visibly moved. There were very few dry eyes in the place. Eddie Vedder was in awe of US! And as Ed sang "we belong together" the song took on a whole different meaning. It was no longer about a love lost. Ed was telling us very directly that we (his family, friends and fans) belong together. I have performed with different bands in front of people and have never experienced anything like what I felt the other night.
    Take care of each other ;)
    ~Tom
    Hold onto the thread, the currents will shift. ;)
    11/30/93-Las Vegas, 12/1/93-Las Vegas, 11/1/95-SLC, 11/2/95-SLC, 7/10/98-San Diego, 7/11/98-Las Vegas, 8/18/00-IND, 7/6/06-Las Vegas, 10/7/09-LA4 @ Gibson, 10/9/09-San Diego, 9/25/11-Vancouver, 10/31/12-Las Vegas I (Ed), 11/1/12-Las Vegas II (Ed), 7/19/13-Chicago, 12/6/13-Seattle
  • Options
    angiebabyazangiebabyaz Tucson, AZ Posts: 148
    Let me start by saying that I don't post much on the board but I really like reading the fanviews. There have been some beautiful, articulate posts made by some sharp and insightful fans! I must admit I do follow the craft beer thread (guilty pleasure?). Anyways I was inclined to post about what took place at the Pearl in Las Vegas on November 1st, 2012. My wife Lucy and I attended the show the night before with 10c seats and had a great time. The show was incredible and the costumes only added to the fun. The next day all Lucy and I could talk about was what an amazing concert that was. We didn't have tix to the 2nd show. All day something kept nagging at me...we MUST attend tonight's show. My reasonable side of my brain kept saying "Last night was a great show. There's no way that it could be topped...right?" Finally, after overcoming all of my self-imposed objections, I said fuck it, hopped on stubhub and bought 2 overpriced (I thought at the time) balcony tix. BTW: isn't stubhub just on-line scalping? :roll:

First, I want to complement the crowd. Being from Vegas you kinda accept the fact that Vegas audiences are notoriously bad. Allot of belligerent drunks and people standing (mostly sitting actually) with their arms crossed. This was NOT the case for these shows! Even during the Halloween night show there was more than one occasion that you could have heard a pin drop (really). Amazing when you think about how many people were totally shit faced out there! You guys conducted yourselves with the utmost dignity and respect. It actually made me proud to be from Las Vegas!

As far as Eddie's comments on Vegas...think about the type of person he is. Everyone on this forum knows Ed through his music. Does it surprise you that he isn't a "Bellagio" type of guy? Look I know there is so much more to Las Vegas than the strip. Trust me I've been to places within a couple hours of Vegas that you wouldn't believe. But the fact remains that most people (Ed is a person) who visit Vegas only see the strip, so can we blame him for being a bit cynical? The interesting part of this is I firmly believe that after these two shows Ed's perspective on Las Vegas has been forever changed. This is because of YOU fans who attended these shows...you truly were a part of history!

Side note: Ed mentioned his rafting trip and the odd thing that occurred at a restaurant near the river where they were filming ITW. I was on an annual 4 day fishing trip with some work buddies near Temple Bar during this time. We saw all of the RV's, semis and movie equipment. We would come into the marina for fuel and breakfast every morning and the waitress would say "you guys just missed Sean Penn and some of the actors in a movie that they're filming here". She couldn't remember the name of the movie though. It kinda became a running joke with us. Was Ed with them at that time? If I'd only known then what I know now! Chalk it up as a near miss I guess :cry:

Onto the show...
    Glen Hansard is a totall BADASS! So much passion! Amazing dude! EV+GH=peas+carrots! Enough said.

I've been to a few PJ shows. Not nearly as many as some of you, but this was my 1st EV solo experience. I have NEVER (not even at Gibson IV) witnessed anything like what took place this night. At the outset there seemed to be a sense of anticipation like I haven't seen in a long time at any concert. After Hansard finished everyone was on the edge of their seats and there was a palpable energy in the room. The theatre took on a mystical quality that you couldn't quite put your finger on. Something was in the air for sure!

You can see the official fanview by Sea (which is great) for the setlist and specifics. Highlights, in a night of so many amazing moments, for me were Sleepless Nights and obviously, Black. Eddie and Glen stepped out to the front of the stage sans microphones and, after a few shhhhh's from the crowd, the Pearl fell completely silent. No shit! It was so quiet I didn't want to breath for fear of fucking it up. When the song was over the silence was shattered by one of the loudest roars of applause I've probably ever heard. It felt as if we were applauding for us for being so fucking cool as much as for Ed and Glen's performance. Ed and Glen got the biggest smiles on their faces as if they couldn't believe we held ourselves in check for that long. It was in that moment that Ed had to acknowledge this was not the Vegas crowd of old and we had won him over! Between the outpouring of cash for http://healeb.org/ and this very moment Las Vegas had cemented itself as a regular west coast tour stop for Mr. Vedder. Never mind that it took a Canuck to loosen us up (isn't that what they do best anyway...love those guys!) :lol:

As you've seen in many other posts the "Black" lady offered $5K to Heal EB for Ed to play Black. (you may find yourself in HR if you tell this story at work using "Black" lady reference) :lol: She was the driving force for what became a performance that will be talked about for many years to come. For that we all owe her a huge debt of gratitude! She really caught Ed offguard and put him in a precarious position.

First off, despite how Ed may portray himself at times as a freewheeling artist/surfer, I believe that to be as good as he is he is pretty well rehearsed and takes pride in sounding the best that he can for us. In short: the guy is a true professional. Black was not, and has never been, a part of his solo act.

Secondly, he doesn't know how to play it! Really? I laughed so hard when he said that just because it seems so odd. I am a beginner/novice guitarist and I can strum Black (basically E,A,C,D,Em) :D The guy is a fucking awesome guitarist, singer and songwriter and HE needed ME onstage to play Black! Anyway as you've read Boom hopped on the pump organ and a slow train wreck began. At first it was tough to watch then something amazing happened...the crowd took over! Just when it looked as if Ed was going to laugh it off and bail out we locked in with Boom and Ed followed OUR lead! The barrier between artist and audience had been breached! With every verse we grew in confidence (and volume). The train was on the tracks and chugging away! Every word struck like a hammer until we became as much performer as observer. At that moment we stood next to Ed, our brother, and willed that song into the most emotional rendition I have and probably will ever hear. It was just Ed and us sitting around a campfire singing one of the best songs ever written. This was a culmination of years of devotion to a man (and band) who has added so much to our lives and we were gonna return the favor. As Ed moved to the edge of the stage for the "we belong together" tag he was visibly moved. There were very few dry eyes in the place. Eddie Vedder was in awe of US! And as Ed sang "we belong together" the song took on a whole different meaning. It was no longer about a love lost. Ed was telling us very directly that we (his family, friends and fans) belong together. I have performed with different bands in front of people and have never experienced anything like what I felt the other night.
    ~Tom

That says it all. Beautiful post.
    Phoenix 1992
    San Francisco OSL 2009
    New York City MSG 1&2 2010
    EV Santa Barbara 2011
    Alpine Valley 2011
    Philadelphia, Missoula 2012
    EV Las Vegas 1 & 2, Phoenix 2012
    Chicago, Brooklyn, Dallas, OKC, Phoenix, Seattle 2013
    Memphis, Detroit, Moline, Milwaukee, Denver, Bridge School 2014
    Porto Alegre, São Paulo, Rio de Janeiro 2015
    Jazz Fest, MSG II, RIDE Fest, Fenway, Wrigley, Ohana 2016
  • Options

Onto the show...

~Tom

Amazing post man. You hit the nail on the head my friend. I hate to be that guy who says "OH MY GOD, BEST SHOW EVER!!!!!". But man, that magical feeing in that room is something that will be awful tough to experience again. Just a special moment and how happy I am that I was part of such an amazing audience.
    Bristow, VA - 5.13.10
    East Troy, WI - 9.3.11
    East Troy, WI - 9.4.11
    Atlanta, GA - 9.22.12
    Chicago, IL - 7.19.13
    Dallas, TX - 11.15.13
    Seattle, WA - 12.6.13
    Lincoln, NE - 10.9.14
    Moline, IL - 10.17.14
    St. Paul, MN - 10.19.14
    Milwaukee, WI - 10.20.14
    New York, NY - 5.1.16
    New York, NY - 5.2.16
    Boston, MA - 8.5.16
    Boston, MA - 8.7.16
    Chicago, IL - 8.20.16

• Options
    Wow. Awesome Ed set and an awesome Glen set.
  • Options
    slobberdog68slobberdog68 In Hiding Posts: 683

Onto the show...

~Tom

Tom,
    Wow, beautifully written, I felt like I was there..but sadly, I wasn't.
    Make sure the fortune that you seek
    Is the fortune that you need

• Options
    ~Tom

Thank you for describing this so elegantly, as the other Ten Clubbers who were there did as well.

I thought we'd never hear songs like Black that weren't completely written by Eddie at a solo show (Ed wrote the lyrics, Stone wrote the music). I figured he was respecting his fellow bandmates by not playing their songs at his solo shows. So it kind of makes sense that Ed was hung up on the guitar part if he's never had to play the guitar part of the song himself.

I hope to hear this version one day! I'm sure other Ten Clubbers, like myself, would be very generous towards charity in order to hear a live version of the song.
    Member Number: 437xxx

Pearl Jam:
    Key Arena - Seattle, WA - Sep 21, 2009
    Pacific Coliseum - Vancouver, BC - Sep 25, 2011
    Key Arena - Seattle, WA - Dec 6, 2013

Eddie Vedder Solo:
    Benaroya Hall - Seattle, WA - Jul 15, 2011
  • Options
    PorchgirlCOPorchgirlCO Colorado Posts: 1,375

Onto the show...

~Tom

Thx! got teary-eyed myself :cry::)
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me...

Orlando 4/24/92 & 8/23/92, Miami 3/28/94, Ft Laud 10/7/96, Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Missoula 9/30/12, EV Jax 11/24/12 & 11/25/12, Chicago (Wrigley) 7/19/13, Charlottesville 10/29/13, Charlotte 10/30/13, Tulsa 10/8/14, Lincoln 10/9/14, Denver 10/22/14, Jacksonville 4/12/16, Greenville 4/16/16, Telluride 7/9/16, Boston (Fenway) 8/5/16 & 8/7/16, Seattle (Safeco) 8/10/18, Boston (Fenway) 9/2/18 & 9/4/18, Dana Point 10/1/21 & 10/2/21, MSG 9/11/22, Denver 9/22/22, Austin 9/18/23 & 9/19/23.
  • Options
    Now that I finally have all my thoughts together about the show let me say this. I never thought I would ever be a part of something so magical and legendary as I was the night of November 1st. I wasn't even supposed to be at the shows, you see the few weeks prior to the shows my doctor discovered that I had sudden and significant hearing loss in my right ear. Due to my symptoms the major fear was a tumor on the brain, my test results were due in on the 2nd. I was so sad when my doctor advised me to avoid loud rock concerts due to how much loss my ear has. I reasoned with myself and came to the conclusion that A. a solo Eddie show can't really be considered a loud rock show.. right? and B. if I did in fact have a brain tumor why not go as a good way to begin a very long road. The Halloween show was memorable for other reasons (see my post in that fanview). But this took my over the edge, I can't even begin to explain who somehow I just knew that I was going to be ok. How could I not, tumor or no tumor I was a part of this magical evening. I got to sing Black (along with a few others :D ) with Ed. I can't thank Ed, the 10 Club,and all you awesome fans for such a great night. My 10 club tickets were perfect, crowd was perfect (other than the drunk guy my husband had to quiet down during Glen).
    I will never in my life ever forget that night, and oh yeah no tumor for me! I still have no diagnosis and need a ton more testing but at least the worst was ruled out!
    And he who forgets...will be destined to remember...
  • Options
    TJ25487TJ25487 Posts: 1,462
    So great to hear eveybodys experiances with this show. I say we all meet up back in Vegas every November 1st for a reunion? Bren can get us hooked up at the Loose Caboose for cheap drinks and then we can stumble over to the Palms and gamble away 5K! :lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    livefreelivefree Norwood, CO Posts: 25
    We're on the edge of our seats for a SPECIAL election night concert in ABQ.
    Gobama! Bamanos!
    Make sure you vote, fellow PJ family. This election is way too important to pass up. Our freedoms are at stake against what would certainly be an onslaught of corporate and big money dominance in every aspect of life here in the good ol' USofA if the Romney team wins.

See you Tuesday! :)
  • Options
    That was the most inspiring performance I have ever seen in my life involving Pearl Jam/EV. I was in the last row in sec. 304, but felt like I was up front. Eddie never ceases to amaze me with his presence and how much he puts in to each performance. What a privilege to be there for that show. A big shout-out to my wife for surprising me with these tickets for my birthday! Peace...
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,491
    Let me start by saying that I don't post much on the board but I really like reading the fanviews..................................................................................................................................................................................... Ed was telling us very directly that we (his family, friends and fans) belong together. I have performed with different bands in front of people and have never experienced anything like what I felt the other night.
    ~Tom

Awesome :mrgreen: . Tom is a good buddy of mine. He's got this shit nailed in post #7 and I'm still waiting to say someting intelligent after 10K posts :lol: . I'm really happy Tom and Lu got to see BOTH of these amazing shows. :mrgreen:

P.S. Tom turned down a chance to go to the VIC with me :shock:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14