Would you hit her?

Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
edited November 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/nation ... 6504410544

Full video at the bottom of the article.
Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    I'll hand it to those guys, they were a lot more patient than I would have been. Not saying I would have hit her, but she would have found herself restrained in some way, maybe with my foot on her neck.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • why would you hit someone that is obviously out of their mind?-- and a few guys DID smack at her, from the video.
  • no
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    I don't think so...

Having said that, you never quite know how you'll react in a given situation...

If she spat at me and hit me, who knows...

But it would go against everything I believe in with violence against women...

What a disgusting creature she is..
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
    Funny @1.45 how she throws a right and some guy says 'Is that all you got?' haha
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • tvismyfriendtvismyfriend Posts: 2,118
    I clicked on this thread thinking it would be about something else. Not gonna lie, I'm a bit disappointed.
    pjfan31 wrote:
    I don't think so...

Having said that, you never quite know how you'll react in a given situation...

If she spat at me and hit me, who knows...

But it would go against everything I believe in with violence against women...

What a disgusting creature she is..

I hear you, but violence and self defense are two different things. In this situation I don't think any serious violence was warranted. There were enough of them to be able to subdue or restrain her (or toss her off the train), and she appeared pretty drunk (at least I hope she was drunk) and probably didn't pose too much of a real threat.

I found that comment that the story highlighted to be kind of humorous...

A user, called Nik Nak, posted: "If she wants to act like a bloke and get in their faces and spit on them she should be treated like a bloke and get knocked out. I dont (sic) promote violence against women at all but in circumstances like this the first time she spat on me I would've knocked her out."

If we're ever going to have the two sexes be truly equal, we have to start knocking each other the fuck out. ;)
    why would you hit someone that is obviously out of their mind?-- and a few guys DID smack at her, from the video.

I've watched it twice, I don't see anybody hitting her. I see her get shoved once in the shoulder after she hits the older looking gentlemen in glasses by one of the younger guys. Other than that nobody touched her except for when they took her off the train. It's possible I'm missing something I guess, but I'm not seeing it.
    And if you look at the older fellow, when she was up the stairs having a go at the guy, he had is arm up, in case she fell back, to protect her from falling. Then he gets hit...

Terrible thing... I love how they just picked her and her things and throw her off. On another version I saw, the Police come, and she's saying 'I've been assaulted'
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • LoulouLoulou Posts: 6,247
    I used to be friends with a girl who would try and pick fights with guys when she was pissed. Never understood it, very frustrating. In the back of my mind, I think she did it because she knew they wouldn't fight back, bit of a power trip or something. Pretty stupid. :roll:
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • wpg pearlwpg pearl Posts: 1,258
    wow
    :fp:
    ajb
  • Yeah. Right in the boob.
  • stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    Courtney Love? :lol:

I think they were more than patient with her,I'd have knocked her out within seconds of her shit. There are so many skanky women going around behaving like that.
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    I think the passengers showed great restraint on how the situation was handled. They gave her every opportunity to stop being an asshole. That being said if anyone attacked me whether man or woman I would have no trouble with trying to protect myself within the consraints of the law.
  • why would you hit someone that is obviously out of their mind?-- and a few guys DID smack at her, from the video.

I've watched it twice, I don't see anybody hitting her. I see her get shoved once in the shoulder after she hits the older looking gentlemen in glasses by one of the younger guys. Other than that nobody touched her except for when they took her off the train. It's possible I'm missing something I guess, but I'm not seeing it.

you're right. i watched it a few times and what's sticking out is the guy at around 40 seconds who gives her a shove when she isn't even looking his way. If she was going after them physically, (more than drunk pushing!) by all means protect yourself but geez-push a drunk woman because you can?
    why would you hit someone that is obviously out of their mind?-- and a few guys DID smack at her, from the video.

you're right. i watched it a few times and what's sticking out is the guy at around 40 seconds who gives her a shove when she isn't even looking his way. If she was going after them physically, (more than drunk pushing!) by all means protect yourself but geez-push a drunk woman because you can?

He didn't shove her just because he could, it came like a half second after she hit the older guy in the face as one of them (maybe him) was saying "don't hit him".
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    Hit her? NO! Would I throw her off the train physically, ABSOLUTELY! No need for trash like that.
  • youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    Me? No. I have never and would never hit a girl. But if my wife was there and she spit toward me or her, I can guarantee you my wife would have pounded the piss out of her.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • He didn't shove her just because he could, it came like a half second after she hit the older guy in the face as one of them (maybe him) was saying "don't hit him".

exactly. 1/2 a second. he had it in his mind to do something before she pushed at the guy by the door. That's waaay too fast to be related to that incident. Unless he has some weird, lightening-fast ninja reflex.
    He didn't shove her just because he could, it came like a half second after she hit the older guy in the face as one of them (maybe him) was saying "don't hit him".

exactly. 1/2 a second. he had it in his mind to do something before she pushed at the guy by the door. That's waaay too fast to be related to that incident. Unless he has some weird, lightening-fast ninja reflex.

1/2 a second is fast, but he's young and athletic, reaction time is normal...

I used to play cricket, If I was facing a fast bowler, I'd have about 1/2 a second from the time the ball left his hand to me at the other end of the pitch (20 metres) where I had to not only compute where the ball was going to land and which shot to play. Now, more often I got it wrong :lol::lol:, but I could react in 1/2 and many others should.

I have no problems with how anyone reacted in the video other than the girl of course.
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • rollingsrollings Posts: 7,124
    who cares?

It didn't take any ninja reflexes. He was standing right by her. Are you watching the video at all? I'm not trying to be a smartass, but first you said a few guys hit her when nobody did, then you said she was shoved for no reason like she was minding her own business when it happened after she hit the guy who was actually trying to look after her in the face, now you act like it either took some superhuman reflexes for him to shove her or that he was already going to do it. It was just a bang bang reaction. It's pretty clear if you watch it. What he had in his head is only speculation, but I'm sure they were all on edge and ready to react if something happened because of her behavior, so they were alert to her actions and the fast reaction is no surprise, but it wasn't even that fast. She hit the guy, then the other guy shoved her. No ninjas were required.
  • I see what you're saying but I still don't like any of it. I think the 40 second guy was taking advantage of the situation. it's weird that he went after her when she wasn't even looking his way. Really... what real harm could she have done? If she had a knife or something, I could see it, but she didn't, so I don't.

whatever. I wasn't there, I don't know. it was probably going on for a while before someone turned their phone camera on.

edit--ya, you are trying to be a smartass. I did watch the video and I'm commenting about what I think. sorry it doesn't agree with your opinion!
  • rpech'erpech'e Twin Cities Posts: 1,106
    rollings wrote:
    who cares?

Seriously, wtf!
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    I would have shook the shit outta her.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
    I see what you're saying but I still don't like any of it. I think the 40 second guy was taking advantage of the situation. it's weird that he went after her when she wasn't even looking his way. Really... what real harm could she have done? If she had a knife or something, I could see it, but she didn't, so I don't.

whatever. I wasn't there, I don't know. it was probably going on for a while before someone turned their phone camera on.

edit--ya, you are trying to be a smartass. I did watch the video and I'm commenting about what I think. sorry it doesn't agree with your opinion!

Is it me or is that OJ with you in your avatar pic??? Wait, what??? :corn:
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    badbrains wrote:
    I see what you're saying but I still don't like any of it. I think the 40 second guy was taking advantage of the situation. it's weird that he went after her when she wasn't even looking his way. Really... what real harm could she have done? If she had a knife or something, I could see it, but she didn't, so I don't.

C'mon man, the glove didn't fit.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • badbrains wrote:

it's oj and casey anthony. 2 peas in a got-away-with-murder pod.
    badbrains wrote:

it's oj and casey anthony. 2 peas in a got-away-with-murder pod.

Fitting, they belong in hell together.
    ya, you are trying to be a smartass. I did watch the video and I'm commenting about what I think. sorry it doesn't agree with your opinion!

I'm actually not trying to be a smartass, which is rare so give a guy some credit. I actually didn't know if you watched it all the way through or glanced at it or what. Just because of some confusion earlier, like saying people were hitting her and all that.
    I see what you're saying but I still don't like any of it. I think the 40 second guy was taking advantage of the situation. it's weird that he went after her when she wasn't even looking his way.

I personally don't see the guy as taking advantage of the situation, all he did was shove her in the arm. It's not like he laid her out or anything. And it's not worse than any of the shit she was doing. She smacked a guy in the face and was spitting on people. And by the way, I don't think it's weird he shoved her while she was looking the other way, she was looking the other way because she just slapped a guy in the face.
    Really... what real harm could she have done? If she had a knife or something, I could see it, but she didn't, so I don't.

Let me ask you this, and answer seriously. If some girl (or guy) hit you upside the face on a train and was spitting at you, would you be OK with everybody standing around and doing nothing just because she didn't have a knife? And would you just sit there and take it? Should they have just let her run wild spitting and hitting people just because she's a woman and they're men?

A thought did occur to me, and I have considered there may be more to this, that maybe this video isn't showing the whole story. The video picks up once everything has started. Maybe they provoked her into that state, teasing her or making advances. I have no clue, I'm just going by what is shown. And from what is shown I see somebody who is out of control for whatever reason and they used (in my opinion) a reasonable amount of action toward her to end it. They even made sure she had her bags and were warning her about getting hurt by the train.

As for my opinion, I don't really mind if you disagree. You're in the minority (or by my count, the only one) here, so it's not like I'm just looking for somebody to agree with me. At first there seemed to be some confusion over the actual events in the video, and now I guess it's just a difference of opinion. I don't understand your opinion, though I'm trying to, but I'm not upset by it or anything. Just trying to have a discussion.

As for all the "who cares" talk (not from you bliss), who cares about half the shit we talk about on this board? It's a discussion about a current event, sure it doesn't affect the world, but neither does Pink Lemonade, Fros, Rollings lollipop avatar or Sexting, but we talk about it anyway, no big deal.