THE BROOKLYN ISLANDERS!!!!!!

Comments

• Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    DS1119 wrote:

Me personally, I don't think NYC should have three teams anyway. The Rangers have proved to be the only successful and consistent draw.
    I would say that the Devils have been more successful than the Rangers. It's just that no one shows up for their games unless its the ECF or SCF.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    DS1119 wrote:

Me personally, I don't think NYC should have three teams anyway. The Rangers have proved to be the only successful and consistent draw.
    I would say that the Devils have been more successful than the Rangers. It's just that no one shows up for their games unless its the ECF or SCF.

dont compare hose bandwagon fans to me and my fans

nobody shows up till round 3 for them

and nobody even mentions them at all till round 2
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    DS1119 wrote:

When I mentioned success I mean in terms of attendance.
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    DS1119 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

When I mentioned success I mean in terms of attendance.

Does that make the Toronto Maple Leafs successful...or there are 2 kinds of success...attendance and winning.

As a fan I'd rather win, as an owner I'd like both but ultimately you want to sell the place out.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    Really great article it todays newsday. It sums up the move very nicely and it makes me proud to call them MY team. I hope to god the isles win one more cup before the move. That be ultimate FU to every person who voted no last year and to every politician who didn't think Wang would ever move them outta Nassau. Nassau will rue the final day of them in Nassau. I hope everyone in Nassau will be happy once people have no desire to go to there cept for shopping malls.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

lukin2006 wrote:

Does that make the Toronto Maple Leafs successful...or there are 2 kinds of success...attendance and winning.

As a fan I'd rather win, as an owner I'd like both but ultimately you want to sell the place out.

In the context of my post the Leafs are highly successful.
    DS1119 wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

Thats the thing with sport...unless you own an NFL franchise...how many owners in any sport are making money? Owning a professional sports team always seemed like a hobby for billionaires.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

• rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    I hope to god the isles win one more cup before the move.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

lets not put the carriage before the horse.
  • shepshep Houston Posts: 5,644
    rival. wrote:

ok, ok, ok.... let's hope the leafs win a cup before they have to move into another new stadium. :lol:
    DS1119 wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

Well that's the thing about the leafs, they were owned (87%) by the Ontario Teachers Pension Fund, and are now owned by a Rogers/Bell joint venture... with owners that only care about the bottom $, and posting a profit for their stockholders (or in the case of the pension fund turning a profit on the investment).... why care if you win?

Winning costs money in terms of buying and retaining good players, coaches, and other staff... every year your fan base is growing, desipte the fact that you haven't won a cup in 44+ years and you don't show signs of getting there anytime soon.... so you've proven that it doesn't matter what kind of product you put on the ice... so why bother making the investment in salaries if you don't need to?

:fp:

ah the leafs..... :lol:
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    whats the deal with brooklyn getting all of these teams... snyone been to that new stadium what is it like?
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
    Zoso wrote:
    whats the deal with brooklyn getting all of these teams... snyone been to that new stadium what is it like?

I page 4 of this thread there is a seating chart for hockey...behind the goal at 1 end there is no seating for hockey...my guess is it was not designed to host NHL games and will seat 15000 for hockey.

rival. wrote:

u aren't serious are you metsy?
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,012
    Zoso wrote:

My boss has season tickets for the Nets, 10 rows off the court

I'm going to Knicks/Nets next week...I'll let u know

I've past it by...looks cool, and the sight lines for basketball are suppose to great.
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    Really great article it todays newsday. It sums up the move very nicely and it makes me proud to call them MY team. I hope to god the isles win one more cup before the move. That be ultimate FU to every person who voted no last year and to every politician who didn't think Wang would ever move them outta Nassau. Nassau will rue the final day of them in Nassau. I hope everyone in Nassau will be happy once people have no desire to go to there cept for shopping malls.

Alot of buisness owners on Hempstead Turnpike are shitting their pants now.
    I give Wang credit- he did try , ...and had such great plans for the place,
    with that proposed Lighthouse Project.

Where the Isles devoted fans had a somewhat
    centralized location to go to for Nassau and even some of Suffolk,
    now they will need to get used to mass transit ,
    ( where they previously just drove a few minutes to the venue )
    and they will have to likely travel just a little further.
    The LIRR stops right at Atlantic Avenue, so it is feesible,
    but tough on a weekday evening.
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,717
    My favorite team in basketball (Nets) and hockey (Isles) are relevant again!?!

:D
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR TIX TO MSG NIGHT 2
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    rival. wrote:

Statistically have a better chance than the Rangers...
    :corn:
    GoiMTvP.gif
    rival. wrote:

Statistically have a better chance than the Rangers...
    :corn:

no way front runner devils fan
    not that it matters because all of nov. is now cancelled and next week will be the winter classic

their will be no hockey this year....
    not that it matters because all of nov. is now cancelled and next week will be the winter classic

Unfucking real...
    GoiMTvP.gif

Seems to be the way it looks or sounds I guess. :x
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,408

Unfucking real...

more time for the Kings to bask in the glory of the Cup win!
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

Unfucking real...

:fp:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

Unfucking real...

A friend made the same point earlier this week when I was bemoaning the fact that after 20 years of going to lots of games I move away, the Kings win the cup (at least I went to game 2 in Jersey), and we dont have the chance to try and ride the wave of that victory and claw our way into the ranks of hockey's 'good' teams.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    Bathgate66 wrote:

Alot of buisness owners on Hempstead Turnpike are shitting their pants now.
    I give Wang credit- he did try , ...and had such great plans for the place,
    with that proposed Lighthouse Project.

Where the Isles devoted fans had a somewhat
    centralized location to go to for Nassau and even some of Suffolk,
    now they will need to get used to mass transit ,
    ( where they previously just drove a few minutes to the venue )
    and they will have to likely travel just a little further.
    The LIRR stops right at Atlantic Avenue, so it is feesible,
    but tough on a weekday evening.

those were great plans for Nassau and in long island and more so the region in general. it woulda solved all of Nassau's problems and made Long Island relevant.

Nassau County will lose $264 million dollars in annual revenue once the isles move. that's just completely outta this world. I feel bad for the people of Nassau County.

• JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,408
    Ever since all the hipster indie bands started living in Brooklyn, the area has flourished!

I blame The National!

Nassau County will lose $264 million dollars in annual revenue once the isles move. that's just completely outta this world. I feel bad for the people of Nassau County.

You gotta feel good for the people of Brooklyn though.

I'm very seriou. they have the pieces for it as long as Wang make big splashes within the next 2 years, i say 2 years cause this season isn't happening. they have boatload of prospects and a good young core. they just need 1 or 2 superstars and a legit head coach. Wang needs to do all that to get the die hards to go to Brooklyn and so the people of Brooklyn can buy into this.

• SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,717

I'm very seriou. they have the pieces for it as long as Wang make big splashes within the next 2 years, i say 2 years cause this season isn't happening. they have boatload of prospects and a good young core. they just need 1 or 2 superstars and a legit head coach. Wang needs to do all that to get the die hards to go to Brooklyn and so the people of Brooklyn can buy into this.

I love the Isles- they will be lucky to make the playoffs before the move to BK
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR TIX TO MSG NIGHT 2
  • HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,139

I wouldn't write hockey off this year just yet .......in 94 / 95 they didn't get a deal done until mid January .....And here is a pre emptive FU for reminding me how the season before ended :evil:
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
    SVRDhand13 wrote:

I love the Isles- they will be lucky to make the playoffs before the move to BK
    they have the pieces for it on the island and in the minors. got a great veteran goalie and 3 good young goalies in the minors. Patrick Roy said Kevin Poulin is one of the best young goalies. you will all see. believe me if you(in general) want or laugh at me, but it's gonna happen for this franchise.