Options

n/a

tommy ttommy t Posts: 31
edited January 2014 in Lost Dogs
n/a
Post edited by tommy t on

Comments

• Options
    That's a lot of zeros my friend. Haha bump.
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,539
    tommy t wrote:
    Hi There,

I'm Tommy from Victoria, Australia and with much regret I'm selling my much loved framed drum-head. :cry:
    PA141913.jpg

PA201941.jpg

I'm looking to get AUS $1250,00 for it (that's what I paid for it) and willing to find out what it will cost to have it sent out to you. Size 87cm X 75cm or 35inch X 30inch.
    It was signed by all members in Tampa, Florida in 2003 and comes with certificate of authenticity.

Feel free to pm me for any questions.

Thanks

How did you obtain this piece?
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    That's a lot of zeros my friend. Haha bump.

I can easily take the last two zero's if that looks better to you AUS $1250.
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,009
    That's awesome. I wouldn't mind having the drum head - with or without the sigs
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    LukinFan wrote:
    Wanna make me an offer?
  • Options
    tommy t wrote:
    LukinFan wrote:
    Wanna make me an offer?
    Do you have another non-signed drum head?
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    LukinFan wrote:
    tommy t wrote:
    LukinFan wrote:
    Wanna make me an offer?
    Do you have another non-signed drum head?

No I don't, I've bought the frame like this.
  • Options
    100 Pacer wrote:
    tommy t wrote:
    Hi There,

I'm Tommy from Victoria, Australia and with much regret I'm selling my much loved framed drum-head. :cry:
    PA141913.jpg

PA201941.jpg

I'm looking to get AUS $1250,00 for it (that's what I paid for it) and willing to find out what it will cost to have it sent out to you. Size 87cm X 75cm or 35inch X 30inch.
    It was signed by all members in Tampa, Florida in 2003 and comes with certificate of authenticity.

Feel free to pm me for any questions.

Thanks

To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    100 Pacer wrote:
    100 Pacer wrote:

Bought it here in Australia from a guy who deals in stuff like this.
  • Options
    Bump. Still for sale.
  • Options
    Bump, I surely thought this forum would be the ideal place to sell it.
  • Options
    TroubledSoulTroubledSoul Posts: 1,364
    tommy t wrote:

yeh it's a good place to move stuff.. but can be a tough crowd also.

there's something about pieces made by professional dealers that doesn't sit well and are difficult to sell on here. mainly attributed to the huge amount of fakes on ebay. not questioning the authenticity of your item, but if the drum head was sitting on its own, had a couple of scratches, wasn't in a frame and you had a photo of you getting the sigs, it'd probably be a hell of a lot easier to sell!
    Yeh I've seen Pearl Jam, too. But I can't remember the dates.
  • Options
    tommy t wrote:

I hate to say it but those signatures do not look 100% authentic to me. And I'm sure some other serious collectors around these parts will agree. I think you'll have a difficult time selling this piece on this forum, where a combined many years of obtaining/trading/collecting PJ signatures has resulted in a great expertise of spotting the truly authentic from the potentially fake.

eBay might be your best route.

• Options
    100 Pacer wrote:
    I hate to say it but those signatures do not look 100% authentic to me. And I'm sure some other serious collectors around these parts will agree. I think you'll have a difficult time selling this piece on this forum, where a combined many years of obtaining/trading/collecting PJ signatures has resulted in a great expertise of spotting the truly authentic from the potentially fake.

Hi Guys,

Any others out here questioning the authenticity and for what reason? I've been promised a full refund if ever found the signatures not being the real deal. Compared to the signatures I've seen of the guys before they seem to be a pretty good match.
  • Options
    Aussie357Aussie357 Posts: 649
    edited October 2012
    Looks pretty good to me! Wish I had the spare $$$
    Best of luck!!!
    Although, it looks like I am probably a sucker that would get suckered............ :oops:
    Post edited by Aussie357 on
    I'll keep takin' punches until their will grows tired... Hey I won't change direction and I won't change my mind.......
  • Options
    arqarq Posts: 7,936
    tommy t wrote:
    100 Pacer wrote:

Hi Guys,

Any others out here questioning the authenticity and for what reason? I've been promised a full refund if ever found the signatures not being the real deal. Compared to the signatures I've seen of the guys before they seem to be a pretty good match.

You've seen a lot of fakes then, I'm 100% with 100 Pacer, the sings look really off :( so it will be greay if they give you a full refund.
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • Options
    PA141911-1.jpg

OK Guys, here is the certificate of authenticity and they played a concert at the Times Forum Tampa that night.
    To me it all seems very legit, I can't hardly go back to the guy I bought it from and tell him some people on the PJ forum telling me it looks fake.
  • Options
    tommy t wrote:
    PA141911-1.jpg

OK Guys, here is the certificate of authenticity and they played a concert at the Times Forum Tampa that night.
    To me it all seems very legit, I can't hardly go back to the guy I bought it from and tell him some people on the PJ forum telling me it looks fake.

Sadly, Certificates of authenticity are worthless, a lot of people come here because they have been fans and collectors of the band.
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

• Options
    tommy t wrote:
    PA141911-1.jpg

just a quick google search of "GTX Memerobilia" comes up with nothing. do they have a website or anything? sadly, COAs are pretty worthless. and this company could've just printed out their own COA, and sold the drumhead with one because most collectors out there see a COA and automatically think its authentic.

these autographs must come with a lifetime guarantee...i'd bring it back and tell them many collectors believe this is fake and ask for your money back. if they refuse, they have authentication companies out there. tell them you'll get this item officially authenticated, but if it comes back as a forgery, they should cover the authentication charges as well.

there are safeguards out there for autograph collectors. this PJ community is probably the best you'll find for expertise in the area. i'd always ask here before committing to a purchase. there are also a few official safeguards in place as well that filter out companies that sell forgeries - like making sure the dealer you purchased from are part of UACC or IADA, or some other governing body. its still not 100% certain, but it will weed out alot of bad dealers.
  • Options
    tommy t wrote:
    PA141911-1.jpg

Unfortunately that certificate isn't worth the ink used to print it up.

You mentioned earlier in the thread that you were promised a full refund if you ever found out the signatures were fakes. Since you're looking to get back the amount you spent on this piece, why not just do that?

• Options
    100 Pacer wrote:
    tommy t wrote:
    PA141911-1.jpg

Unfortunately that certificate isn't worth the ink used to print it up.

You mentioned earlier in the thread that you were promised a full refund if you ever found out the signatures were fakes. Since you're looking to get back the amount you spent on this piece, why not just do that?
    Damn good idea.
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    Thanks Guys, your help means a lot, I'll definitly go back and keep you posted on the progress.
  • Options
    I've have some other signed items which also came with a Certficate but as I'm now aware this doesn't mean anything could I please get your expert opinions on these items. One of them has a lifetime guaranty and I will try and get a refund if you guys thing it isn't genuine.

Thanks Guys!

http://s112.photobucket.com/albums/n179/tomkroon/Signatures/
  • Options
    tommy t wrote:
    I've have some other signed items which also came with a Certficate but as I'm now aware this doesn't mean anything could I please get your expert opinions on these items. One of them has a lifetime guaranty and I will try and get a refund if you guys thing it isn't genuine.

Thanks Guys!

http://s112.photobucket.com/albums/n179/tomkroon/Signatures/

More fake signatures I'm afraid.

• Options
    UmbertotambaUmbertotamba Posts: 1,382
    I am far from an authenticator but Mike's signature looks way off, unless like Ed his signature has changed over the years. Both of the 2 signatures I have of Mike's were after Backspacer.

Anyways looks like a cool piece
    Springfield MA 94, Hartford CT 96
  • Options
    I feel like such a sucker, thinking that if would be supplied with COA it would be alright.
    Thanks so much for making me aware and I would like your expert opinion again as the guy is offering me a replacement drumhead, it doesn't look much different only for Mike's signature.
    427109428_o.jpg
  • Options
    tommy t wrote:
    I feel like such a sucker, thinking that if would be supplied with COA it would be alright.
    Thanks so much for making me aware and I would like your expert opinion again as the guy is offering me a replacement drumhead, it doesn't look much different only for Mike's signature.
    427109428_o.jpg
    It's fake because two guys you've never met, on a message board say so? I'd look a little more into it.....Look at your signature from the past, I'll bet it's changed over time. No reason these guys sigs couldn't change.
  • Options
    tommy t wrote:
    427109428_o.jpg

Fake too, he doesn't want to lose his money :evil:
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

• Options
    tommy t wrote:

curious as to his explanation or even how that conversation even went...

"oh, yeah...so you have good reason to believe its fake? oh, ok...well, i can see that, no argument from me!....but wait, take a look at this one here...now, this one's legit! how about we just swap out?"

did you ask how even came across these sigs? or how the authentication process goes (how they determine what gets a COA)? do they employ autograph hounds or obtain them themselves?
  • Options
    UmbertotambaUmbertotamba Posts: 1,382
    tommy t wrote:
    427109428_o.jpg
    It's fake because two guys you've never met, on a message board say so? I'd look a little more into it.....Look at your signature from the past, I'll bet it's changed over time. No reason these guys sigs couldn't change.

I am not saying I am an expert, just stating my opinion. I recieved one of my signed pieces from Easy Street records from the RSD performance with Star Anna & Mike McCready, as well as the second piece being a signed Backspacer I got througha donation to CCFA which Mike donated 50 signed copies. I will point out the big difference I see. The McCready part of the signature goes up and down 9 times from the starting point but on the 2 I got they only go up and down 6 times from the starting point. Yes signatures can change styles but that looks like someone attempted to copy it. Also the wave just doesn't look right to me.

I would also ask myself if someone was willing to switch them out like that they must not have been to sure about the signatures " they them self obtained" Just sounds fishy to me.
    Springfield MA 94, Hartford CT 96