2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    What are Pearl Jam’s plans for 2013?

There really are no plans right now. We have a few shows in South America on the calendar and that’s about it. I think that’s kind of by design. I think the idea is that everybody takes the holidays off and then at some point somebody will pick up the phone, maybe late January or early February, and that will kind of start the (recording) process over again.

People want to know what’s going on with the next record and I think everybody has sort of talked about it, but it still really isn’t anything. We still don’t really know exactly when we will finish it so it’s hard to talk about it. It really could be anything at this point. Even though we have seven or eight songs recorded it’s still sort of a blank slate and that’s exciting.

I don’t think there’s any doubt we’re going to make a record, but when that’s going to be, and when everybody is ready to do it, well that’s another story. And there’s no pressure. So if at any point the guys called up and said “Hey, we’re ready to do this,” I’d would have no problem dropping everything because that’s my first love. I’m going to do whatever works for everyone else.

That lack of pressure has to be a nice byproduct of being an independent band now and being able to call your own shots when it comes to recording and releasing an album.

I think just as long as we create deadlines for ourselves. I think, well, we’ve all witnessed how that turned out for Axl Rose … You know how it is when you write. You can always rewrite everything. You can make it better, or different, or more unique. Every day you’re going to improve as a writer and your take on things might be different. At some point you just have to let go and move on to the next thing. That’s always the tricky part of being in a band. When is it good enough? When is there too much paint on the canvas and when isn’t there too much paint on the canvas? That’s always a tricky balance.

So right now it’s sort of like a blank canvas with only a sketch?

Yeah it really is. There is some stuff that’s pretty well finished and sounds good right now, but who knows if that stuff is going to end up on the next record. We may get together this spring and come up 15 things that are better than that, and that’s the new record …
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester

• Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    Eh, I think they'll finish the album... of course by the time recording is finished then they set up distribution and everything else, will it be before the end of 2013?? Who knows. I think he's just saying there are no plans at this time, the same way they announce stuff like there are no additional shows planned for this time, then add more shows later. :)

Soundgarden album is coming out... gotta do some touring... but I am sure towards the end of the first quarter of 2013 PJ will check the coffers and realize they better get out and play a handful of shows in the US at least... the tours get shorter and shorter every year... so maybe 1 festival and 1 concert next year. ;)
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    And thanks for posting.
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

• Options
    YLed2YLed2 Des Moines, IA Posts: 5,534
    Thanks for posting.

Obviously, there doesn't seem to be any rush to try and put out a new album just to put out a new album. And that is fine by me because I trust what they know exactly what they're doing and don't want something rushed through just put out a new record so we can have a completely different output than Backspacer.
    Bristow, VA - 5.13.10
    East Troy, WI - 9.3.11
    East Troy, WI - 9.4.11
    Atlanta, GA - 9.22.12
    Las Vegas, NV - 10.31.12 (EV)
    Las Vegas, NV - 11.1.12 (EV)
    Chicago, IL - 7.19.13
    Dallas, TX - 11.15.13
    Oklahoma City, OK - 11.16.13
    Seattle, WA - 12.6.13
    Lincoln, NE - 10.9.14
    Moline, IL - 10.17.14
    St. Paul, MN - 10.19.14
    Milwaukee, WI - 10.20.14
    New York, NY - 5.1.16
    New York, NY - 5.2.16
    Boston, MA - 8.5.16
    Boston, MA - 8.7.16
    Chicago, IL - 8.20.16

• Options
    coco buttercoco butter Posts: 1,435
    edited October 2012
    I wonder what festivals and remote US city will be on that board for 2013?

Future interview with Jeff: "We have a few festivals we plan to play in America this year and the one sold out show in Toledo, Ohio to look forward to. Obviously we wanted to play a more shows this year but Gary, Indiana and Sheboygan, Wisconsin were all booked."
    Post edited by coco butter on
    Do you know what it's like to fall in the mud and get kicked... in the head... with an iron boot? Of course you don't, no one does. It never happens. Sorry, Ted, that's a dumb question... skip that.
  • Options
    Maybe they need a deadline to put something out. With no pressure, where's the ambition? Eh, we'll get around to it....sometime. Someone may pick up a phone...at some point.

I just really want a new album, its already been 3 yrs and no timetable for a new one. :fp:
  • Options
    JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    I'm glad someone in the band is being honest. Leave it to Jeff to getting the real word out!
    Thanks for posting.
  • Options
    YLed2 wrote:
    Thanks for posting.

Obviously, there doesn't seem to be any rush to try and put out a new album just to put out a new album. And that is fine by me because I trust what they know exactly what they're doing and don't want something rushed through just put out a new record so we can have a completely different output than Backspacer.

I'm the same, I don't want an album for the sake of having an album out. There's plenty of other music (and PJ boots!) to tie me over til Pearl Jam decide to bring out the next album. I don't want an album full of "Ole"s. Like you say they know what they are doing and Pearl Jam is their first love to quote Jeff. I guess at some point though after 20 years maybe the process slows a little. They've always done things on their terms and in that respect it hasn't changed.

And by no means does the interview mean they are doing nothing in 2013

• Options
    Disappointing, but from what Jeff said it sounds like the motif is to have the best material possible, and he thinks they could do better than what they have right now. Like somebody else said as well, if the other 7 songs they have recorded are like Ole, it might be smart to sit on some of them rather than record a few more just to have 'a new album.'
  • Options
    FrankY59FrankY59 Posts: 1,048
    YLed2 wrote:
    Thanks for posting.

I see the humor in this but it would be a dream come true. Toledo, that is.
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    Very interesting look.
  • Options
    It also seems obvious that Jeff is the most bored member of the band and WANTS to get stuff done... two side-band albums and tours and a solo album in the last year and a half pretty much trumps everyone else's work output (Vedder has toured of course and Soundgarden was recording). If there are no plans in 2013, maybe he'll form ANOTHER band and do another solo album too. :)

• Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    24732887.jpg
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    This goes against everything we were told months ago by Kelly. Didn't he say 2013 would be a busy year for the band?
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,561
    This goes against everything we were told months ago by Kelly. Didn't he say 2013 would be a busy year for the band?

Yep. Disappointing news. These guys seem to like touring separately more than as a band at this point.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    STAYSEASTAYSEA Posts: 3,814
    81 wrote:
    24732887.jpg

Even Bubbles is upset!

Just need to leave some food for the kitties. :lol:
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Merchandising...Merchandising!
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    Maybe now they can work on those no code and YIELD reissues. I just wish green river would reunite and do a new album and tour.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    veddertownveddertown Scotland Posts: 5,260
    I'm at the stage now where I don't mind how long the album takes as long as they give us a new Riot Act opposed to a new Backspacer. It's frustrating for sure but there is the small matter of life to contend with and some other great music to enjoy. Nice to see it in black and white from Jeff. It's all good if you're a fan of Soundgarden and the many side projects. I'd rather they didn't tour without a new album to promote though. This year was like a cross between the Backspacer tour and PJ20 which turned out amazing but a repeat would seem cheap. I don't think 2013 will be as busy as Kelly Curtis suggested. I'm guessing September for the album with a few US shows and maybe a short visit down under in November.
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
  • Options
    Tboz51Tboz51 Posts: 2,808
    I am glad they are waiting too. I hope they give us a Backspacer 2 and tour every festival and maybe even some shows in China next year, do some stuff for the Apple employees? Take in the Great Wall of China and play the Apple plant.

I'd love to hear Just Breath (Some more), The End (extended), Amongst the Breaking Water in the Ocean..... I love love love Backspacer and hope for something along those lines.

It's time this band extend the branches of shows to some of those countries with lots of money and lots of big corporate head quarters like Iran (some of the largest spam organizations on earth), Saudi Arabia (all those beaches), Ethiopia (play some diamond mines, shoot maybe get paid in diamonds??), Sun City Africa, I hear that place has really come around.

Oh well, just my thoughts. Can't wait to see what 2013 has to offer???
    "Honesty will always be construed as negative to a dumbass"
    :-)
  • Options
    Tboz51 wrote:
    I am glad they are waiting too. I hope they give us a Backspacer 2 and tour every festival and maybe even some shows in China next year, do some stuff for the Apple employees? Take in the Great Wall of China and play the Apple plant.

I'd love to hear Just Breath (Some more), The End (extended), Amongst the Breaking Water in the Ocean..... I love love love Backspacer and hope for something along those lines.

It's time this band extend the branches of shows to some of those countries with lots of money and lots of big corporate head quarters like Iran (some of the largest spam organizations on earth), Saudi Arabia (all those beaches), Ethiopia (play some diamond mines, shoot maybe get paid in diamonds??), Sun City Africa, I hear that place has really come around.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

• Options
    STAYSEASTAYSEA Posts: 3,814
    Tboz51 wrote:

I have to listen to backspacer alone now. If I play "just breathe" I get so much crap for it?
    I need more cow bell (Christopher Walken) :corn:
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,610
    Seems like it's been this way every year for the last 10 or so. When did they ever have the next year planned out in October of the previous?
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,286
    Man what happened to this band ..

Who cares ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    EmBleveEmBleve Posts: 3,019

Future interview with Jeff: "We have a few festivals we plan to play in America this year and the one sold out show in Toledo, Ohio to look forward to. Obviously we wanted to play a more shows this year but Gary, Indiana and Sheboygan, Wisconsin were all booked."
    priceless.
  • Options
    By the time this band gets back on the road with new music most people will think that it's a reunion tour a come back of sorts ... :fp:
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,610

What happened? Remember when they took control of their career and their art and decided what they were going to do and when they were going to do it? I think that means not only are they not going to be controlled by the music business interests but also they won't be owned by individual interests outside the band.
  • Options
    Go Beavers wrote:

What happened? Remember when they took control of their career and their art and decided what they were going to do and when they were going to do it? I think that means not only are they not going to be controlled by the music business interests but also they won't be owned by individual interests outside the band.

Yeah i remember ...
  • Options
    Evel KEvel K Posts: 516

They can't wait to play in the new arena. Finally some decent sound. Jeff called Neil and he's all in anytime they play Toledo. Nobody knows what they see in this little city south of Detroit that I call home.
    Things were different then
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    :thumbdown: