Options

Vacation

SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,816
edited March 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
Where should I go next?
Im leaning towards Cancun in February (Been there twice, I love it)
Puerto Vallarta is also an option.

Any other ideas? And be realistic please, I am not spending $200 and going to Montana, nor am I spending $5,000 and going to China. I just want to go lay on a beach, smell the ocean, and relax. Who has been to Aruba? Who has done the Bahamas? Hawaii? Give me some reviews please.
Take me piece by piece.....
Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Hawaii's cool. My favorite part was Pearl Harbor.
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Where should I go next?

Any other ideas? And be realistic please, I am not spending $200 and going to Montana, nor am I spending $5,000 and going to China. I just want to go lay on a beach, smell the ocean, and relax. Who has been to Aruba? Who has done the Bahamas? Hawaii? Give me some reviews please.

If you like Mexico ... Cabo is nice ... went last March ... found a good deal online ... very, very safe.

Also Cozumel's nice.

Do you just go to hand around the pool or do you like excursions and the night life?

Costa Rica's nice ... but can be expensive.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    a cruise is always a good time.

paradise island was nice, although not sure there would be enough to do there for a week.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    Hawaii in Feb is still BIG WAVE season

Turtle Bay on the North Shore of Oahu ...where they filmed "Forgetting Sarah Marshall"

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

MIGHT HONEYMOON THERE

its an hours drive to Honolulu ...but relaxation at its finest ...with great surf and sand
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    lukin2006 wrote:
    Where should I go next?

If you like Mexico ... Cabo is nice ... went last March ... found a good deal online ... very, very safe.

Also Cozumel's nice.

Do you just go to hand around the pool or do you like excursions and the night life?

I enjoy Mexico..
    I prefer Cancun over Puerto Vallarta, just because of the beaches and Cozumel. But if I do Puerto Vallarta, I can do the Marieta Islands, and maybe go see some Humpbacks.
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    a cruise is always a good time.

paradise island was nice, although not sure there would be enough to do there for a week.
    Never have I done a cruise. Im not sure I ever will.
    Something about being held hostage on that boat for 2-3 days at a time, until they let me on shore for 12 hours.....Just doesnt appeal to me.
  • Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    I've been to Puerta Vallarta and absolutely LOVED it. It's on the same latitude line as Maui, so you're getting pretty much the same climate. And the food is amazing.

I'd also suggest Jamaica. I was in Montego Bay and that was the most beautiful place I've ever been. The Sandals was really cool, everything was included and you could go to any Sandals restaurant in all of Jamaica. The beaches were gorgeous and the drinks were delish. Lots of fun excursions to do there too, like climbing waterfalls and ziplining and all that.
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    barger395barger395 Posts: 855
    Totally agree with you on the cruise...Not For You!!

I vote for Hawaii as well. Great time to visit the Islands, weather's great and the waves can HUGE!!

Aloha!
    Barger
    Seen the Best Rock Band on the Planet a few times here and there.
  • Options
    Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    I've been on one cruise in the Caribbean. Wouldn't have chosen it, it was for my in-law's 50th anniversary and they wanted all the kids and grandkids along. That said, I really liked some of the places we visited: Dominica, St. Kitts, and especially Barbados. I really want to visit Barbados again.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Options
    QuarterToTenQuarterToTen Cincinnati, Ohio Posts: 3,626
    The north shore of Oahu. Paradise on earth.
    Nice shirt.
  • Options
    I would give my normal answer here and recommend Sedona but you said you want beaches. They have a shit load of pools but no beaches. :lol:
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:
    I would give my normal answer here and recommend Sedona but you said you want beaches. They have a shit load of pools but no beaches. :lol:
    Cancun has nicer beaches than Hawaii. Right? Or should I turn around and talk out of my face? :lol::lol:
  • Options
    loving all the north shore love :mrgreen:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,516
    east st. louis is nice this time of year.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:
    Cancun has nicer beaches than Hawaii. Right? Or should I turn around and talk out of my face? :lol::lol:

I don't know. I've never been to Cancun.
  • Options
    pipeline_hawaii_2008.jpg

SPEEDY..how could you not want to boogie board this ??????????
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    lukin2006 wrote:
    Where should I go next?

Also Cozumel's nice.

I enjoy Mexico..
    I prefer Cancun over Puerto Vallarta, just because of the beaches and Cozumel. But if I do Puerto Vallarta, I can do the Marieta Islands, and maybe go see some Humpbacks.

See now you got me wanting to go to Cancun...already got Cabo booked for this year...maybe Cancun next year.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    pipeline_hawaii_2008.jpg

i woudl go just to watch. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    pipeline_hawaii_2008.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nzd0R_OeOc
  • Options
    Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    If you aren’t big on tourist traps, Panama is great. There isn’t a lot of parasailing, timeshare salesmen, snorkeling, giant resorts etc…there are some really quiet, secluded beaches – the water is super warm ….there aren’t a ton of English-speaking people outside of the city….but because of the canal and the US influence, there are a lot of American-style goods and food available everywhere. Panama City is a huge hub - it has all the amenities you’d ever need for nightlife n such (local flavor tho – not so much resort – style nightlife)....There’s great fresh water fishing on Gatun Lake (there are local guides available for a fraction of the cost of the advertised charters)….it’s very similar to neighbouring Costa Rica geographically – beaches, mountains, rain forests, etc… but its way cheaper….love it there.
  • Options
    QuarterToTenQuarterToTen Cincinnati, Ohio Posts: 3,626
    Banzai baby :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0Z4vSrF8dc

I had the privilege of swimming there. Wow.
    Nice shirt.
  • Options
    have you consdiered a nudist beach.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Banzai baby :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0Z4vSrF8dc

I had the privilege of swimming there. Wow.

see we have a few things in common :lol:
  • Options
    pipeline_hawaii_2008.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nzd0R_OeOc

nooooooooooooooo ....maybe a tiger shark here and there..... :mrgreen:
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,315
    You just have to ask you're self how many times will i get to visit Hawaii , Mexico or the Caribean is way easyer to get to , you will have other shots at getting to these spots but Hawaii :)
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Went to Maui this past April,stayed in kahanna,Absolutely Loved it!
    Very laid back Island,the locals were Extremely friendly!
    We rented a car and took 1 day to explore the whole Island,Maui's not that big,I recommend going over to Kihei for some snorkeling :)
    Feb.,March,and April is Whale season for the Humpbacks in Hawaii so they are everywhere,it's so Awesome too see them up close!
    Anyways,Good Luck deciding on your vacation destination :D
    It is what it is.
  • Options
    hawaii is winning by a mile
  • Options
    LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Cayman Islands
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    Costa Rica is absolutely beautiful, man.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    has anyone mentioned the Jersey Shore?