Cummingtonite

Comments

• SnakeduckSnakeduck Posts: 1,056
    norm wrote:
    does spelunking help in finding cummingtonite?

Efficient spelunking requires a highly trained partner you can count on when things get hard... so yes, I'm sure it does.
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    Snake I figured this thread would be the appropriate place for me to thank you for the we-vibe 3 recommendation. :thumbup:
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    Snake I figured this thread would be the appropriate place for me to thank you for the we-vibe 3 recommendation. :thumbup:

That is just awesome! I should be a door-to-door salesman... :think:
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    Mamasan23 wrote:

:o
    Snakeduck wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:

That is just awesome! I should be a door-to-door salesman... :think:

That's the gift that just keeps on giving the whole year Clark!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    I believe fracking is an appropriate way to get cummingtonite.
    I believe fracking is an appropriate way to get cummingtonite.

Hard-core fracking is the fastest way to get cummingtonite, that is for sure...
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    as much as i'd like to take my good old time finding it, you know, enjoy the experience and all that....most times it just shows up way before I expect it.
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    as much as i'd like to take my good old time finding it, you know, enjoy the experience and all that....most times it just shows up way before I expect it.

AmericanPieReunion-Jim-2.jpg
  • comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    Snakeduck wrote:
    Snakeduck wrote:
    I don't mean to brag about the Gem State or anything, but cummingtonite is guaranteed if you are looking in Idaho.
    is there a certain technique to guarantee you find cummingtonite when looking for it?

What you need is the right sized sluice box...

You have to be careful though, the secret spot of the cummingtonite motherlode is in the midst of Idaho's most voracious cougars.
    I heard it's not the sized of the sluice box...but the manner in which it is used.
    Idaho has cougars? I thought they only prowled the east coast?
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
    I heard it's not the sized of the sluice box...but the manner in which it is used.

Where are the cougars at?

I can't tell you exactly where to find them. You have to be willing to do some of the work Will or there will be no cummingtonite for you. :nono:

I can't tell you exactly where to find them. You have to be willing to do some of the work Will or there will be no cummingtonite for you. :nono:

:lol: :corn:
    According to Wiki:

Cummingtonite has a cleavage property of "good on"

Ya don't say.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cummingtonite
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    is it better to find it whilst standing, getting on your knees, or laying on your back?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:
    is it better to find it whilst standing, getting on your knees, or laying on your back?
    sometimes you have to bend over to find it

RKCNDY wrote:

but if I'm bending over, is it easier to be on my knees, or to keep standing?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    Will leave a stain if you're not careful.
    RKCNDY wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

:think:
    RKCNDY wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

I would suggest trying both...cummingtonite can be hard to find and you might need to look for it from different angles

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    i wonder how ziggy mines for it.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    RKCNDY wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

I would be willing to help you find out :mrgreen:
    I would suggest trying both...cummingtonite can be hard to find and you might need to look for it from different angles

:think: almost sounds like too much work...is it really worth it?

If I find it, will I make money? Can a picture of it make me money?

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:

I've seen a movie like this once...
    RKCNDY wrote:

I'm not sure....I think you should try it and report back 8-):lol:

RKCNDY wrote:

or if you found out who was in your hotel room before you, you could ask them...I think they hit paydirt...or was that the....the...(I don't know if I can say the phrase here...glory h***)

- Christopher McCandless
    edited October 2012
    RKCNDY wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

or if you found out who was in your hotel room before you, you could ask them...I think they hit paydirt...or was that the....the...(I don't know if I can say the phrase here...glory h***)
    I'm pretty sure I know who was in that room before us...a certain 10c member who suggested the hotel and just happened to get there before we did :problem: :nono:
    Post edited by comebackgirl on

I'm pretty sure I know who was in that room before us...a certain 10c member who suggested the hotel and just happened to get there before we did "problem: :nono:

:sick:

I know we all like each other here and all...but, just... :?

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:
    I'm pretty sure I know who was in that room before us...a certain 10c member who suggested the hotel and just happened to get there before we did "problem: :nono:

:sick:

I know we all like each other here and all...but, just... :?
    take it up with the unnamed 10clubber :fp:

• I find it pretty easily on the internet.

daily.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014