Cummingtonite

Prince Of DorknessPrince Of Dorkness Posts: 3,763
edited November 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
240px-Amphibole_-_Cummingtonite_w-_chlorite_in_schist_Magnesium_iron_silicate_3800_foot_level_Homestake_Mine_Lawrence_COunty_South_Dakota_2071.jpg

What?

It's my favorite rock.

And yes. It's real.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• normnorm Posts: 31,146
    :lol::lol::lol:
  • comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    I am so deeply disappointed in this thread :( I expected more from you PoD. You've let me down :nono:
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959
    a-chemically-inappropriate-t-shirt.american-apparel-unisex-fitted-tee.ash-white-stripe.w380h440z1.jpg
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    How often do you look for Cummingtonite?

Do you prefer your searches in the day or night? Do you need more if you find enough during the day?

Is there ever enough? Is it an endless search?

:corn:

fellow rockhounds unite!
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • OK... I'm already working on a script for a movie called "Cummingtonite."

I have a catchline to go after that but I'm not sure if I can get another "foul language" warning point.
    OK... I'm already working on a script for a movie called "Cummingtonite."

I have a catchline to go after that but I'm not sure if I can get another "foul language" warning point.

I think you can get up to 3 before you get 'time out'...we have some experts in here...experts? can I get some confirmation?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    RKCNDY wrote:

I think you can get up to 3 before you get 'time out'...we have some experts in here...experts? can I get some confirmation?

warnings mean nothing....if they want to ban you, they will regardless of points
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

warnings mean nothing....if they want to ban you, they will regardless of points

so the numbers don't mean anything?

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:

that's been my expierience. every time i've been banned, i had zero on the warning meter. and every time i've had warnings, i've not been banned. [will shrug]

i am of the opionionn that kat and sea track us, and when it's time, they give us a vacation....i should be do for one shortly. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

that's been my expierience. every time i've been banned, i had zero on the warning meter. and every time i've had warnings, i've not been banned. [will shrug]

i am of the opionionn that kat and sea track us, and when it's time, they give us a vacation....i should be do for one shortly. :lol:

send me a postcard! :lol:

- Christopher McCandless

See...this is what I was expecting when I opened the thread. Can I get a sneak peak pass please? :corn:

• Its Luster is vitreous to silky. Sounds good to me.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    I hear it makes a beautiful necklace.
    :think: :? :lol:

• peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    :clap:
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    You're my hero.
    GoiMTvP.gif
    so in order to mine cummingtonite, do you need other people or can you just pan for it by yourself?
  • norm wrote:
    so in order to mine cummingtonite, do you need other people or can you just pan for it by yourself?

Any properly schooled Geologist will tell you that there are times when cummingtonite is hard to come by, so you take it no matter how you can get it.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • 81 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

you can be banned without warnings, but if you have 3 concurrent warnings, that equals a permanent ban.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
    you can be banned without warnings, but if you have 3 concurrent warnings, that equals a permanent ban.

what? i've been at two and didn't get that memo.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    norm wrote:

Any properly schooled Geologist will tell you that there are times when cummingtonite is hard to come by, so you take it no matter how you can get it.
    :lol::lol::lol:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • SnakeduckSnakeduck Posts: 1,056
    I don't mean to brag about the Gem State or anything, but cummingtonite is guaranteed if you are looking in Idaho.
    Snakeduck wrote:
    I don't mean to brag about the Gem State or anything, but cummingtonite is guaranteed if you are looking in Idaho.
    is there a certain technique to guarantee you find cummingtonite when looking for it?

Snakeduck wrote:

i was recently in idaho and i looked and got nothing...
    Snakeduck wrote:
    No drilling required?
    GoiMTvP.gif
    Snakeduck wrote:
    is there a certain technique to guarantee you find cummingtonite when looking for it?

What you need is the right sized sluice box...

You have to be careful though, the secret spot of the cummingtonite motherlode is in the midst of Idaho's most voracious cougars.
  • Now I know that it's easy to find Cummintonite here on earth... if you know where to look... but how about other places in the solar system?

For instance...

I wonder if I can get Cummintonite on Uranus.
    I think I'm gonna throw in the towel on this whole cummintonite thing...
  • Now I know that it's easy to find Cummintonite here on earth... if you know where to look... but how about other places in the solar system?

For instance...

I wonder if I can get Cummintonite on Uranus.

I bet one day Asstronomers will find that Uranus has ample cummingtonite, and high probability of an abundance of railyatonite. But thats just a hunch.
    does spelunking help in finding cummingtonite?