Options

***Official Petition for Pearl Jam to play THE GORGE in 2019!!!!***

Comments

• Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,178
    edited October 2014
    yellowwho said:

Ya, it's just a thought at this point and I'm thinking 2 weeks of vacation would definitely be needed to break it up and be able to stop and stay at a few places on the way. But it is a really far drive ! 15 hours is about the longest drive I've ever done as well, but I was more pressed for time. I'll probably just chicken out and fly, especially if more dates are included on the west coast. My chances would be higher to do it if it was a destination type weekend thing. Road tripping always sounds fun, but sometimes it can turn into a hassle. I'm sure there's a lot of the great outdoors to be seen from here to there though !

Theoretically I've done worse. In 1998 I drove across Canada. From Vancouver Island (where I live) to the East Coast of Newfoundland. It's why I went to the Missoula '98 show. I was thinking I wouldn't be back for Vancouver/Seattle. Missoula's timing was right and it was maybe a 6 hour detour from Calgary. Anyways we took 4 weeks doing the 7500km out to Newfoundland. Once we got there we were low on funds and started getting the bug to get home. Then I realized that theoretically it was only 5 days until PJ's show in Vancouver. So we drove 7500km in 5 days (I think we had drove through the night 2 out of the 5). I would of had to do the drive anyways to get home, but I definitely ramped it up to get back to see PJ... so depending on your point of view that maybe the furtherest I've ever driven to see PJ :)

Edit: I should probablly add that after coming home from that epic trip, one of the first things I did was asked my little brother if he wanted to go see PJ. All of a sudden we're racing to ticketmaster to try and get tickets, racing to the ferry, then racing to Seattle. Got to the stage about 5 mins before their set started... EPIC :)

but yah I want a Gorge show :)
    Post edited by Zod on
  • Options
    vickisomoyavickisomoya Seattle, WA Posts: 184
    edited October 2014
    I drove straight from Chicago to the Missoula show in 2012 so I wouldn't miss it. Actually started in NYC but Chicago was the last place I slept. Okay wait this is supposed to be in support of the GORGE SHOW in 2015! Yeah I would drive from anywhere. Destination Peace Jam Weekend and make it a whole weekend!!!
    Post edited by vickisomoya on
    take the reigns and
    steer us towards the clear here
    I know it's already been sung
    but it can't be said enough
    ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE

• Options
    FaithfulOneFaithfulOne Bend, Oregon Posts: 49
    Yes the Gorge!!! Plus maybe a couple night run at Red Rocks...
  • Options
    yellowwhoyellowwho Posts: 1,661

Yes the Gorge!!! Plus maybe a couple night run at Red Rocks...

Good idea !!
  • Options
    yellowwhoyellowwho Posts: 1,661
    Zod said:

yellowwho said:

Ya, it's just a thought at this point and I'm thinking 2 weeks of vacation would definitely be needed to break it up and be able to stop and stay at a few places on the way. But it is a really far drive ! 15 hours is about the longest drive I've ever done as well, but I was more pressed for time. I'll probably just chicken out and fly, especially if more dates are included on the west coast. My chances would be higher to do it if it was a destination type weekend thing. Road tripping always sounds fun, but sometimes it can turn into a hassle. I'm sure there's a lot of the great outdoors to be seen from here to there though !

Theoretically I've done worse. In 1998 I drove across Canada. From Vancouver Island (where I live) to the East Coast of Newfoundland. It's why I went to the Missoula '98 show. I was thinking I wouldn't be back for Vancouver/Seattle. Missoula's timing was right and it was maybe a 6 hour detour from Calgary. Anyways we took 4 weeks doing the 7500km out to Newfoundland. Once we got there we were low on funds and started getting the bug to get home. Then I realized that theoretically it was only 5 days until PJ's show in Vancouver. So we drove 7500km in 5 days (I think we had drove through the night 2 out of the 5). I would of had to do the drive anyways to get home, but I definitely ramped it up to get back to see PJ... so depending on your point of view that maybe the furtherest I've ever driven to see PJ :)

Edit: I should probablly add that after coming home from that epic trip, one of the first things I did was asked my little brother if he wanted to go see PJ. All of a sudden we're racing to ticketmaster to try and get tickets, racing to the ferry, then racing to Seattle. Got to the stage about 5 mins before their set started... EPIC :)

but yah I want a Gorge show :)
    That's one hell of a journey !!!
  • Options
    This has to happen even....or Red Rocks. But the Pacific Northwest is where I want to be. It would be special. These guys are on such a roll that they don't want to lose the momentum they are having. 10-15 Years ago they would never been able to sell out most of those cities on there latest tour. They are a rarity and new fans that may have never had interest before showed up and it shows that people appreciate longevity and quality music. More Albums, Lost Dogs 2, DVD's needs to happen.

01. shetellsherself
    102. bootlegger10
    103. Pap (I was 96 but someone didn't count me in )
    104. Leofish2
    105. eyejacker
    106. RFTC
    107. Vedder_Girl77
    108. Given to...
    109. Blind3
    110. Mr. Utterson
    111. Abe Froman
    112. PJ_ROCKS
    113. uncle dave
    114. burg
    115. Sinnamingrrl
    116. pjscreamer
    117. DBrooks (Portland, Oregon)
    118. JM18725
    119. Empty Glass=
    120. Dumper
    121.Nupur1586
    122. thecrystalship
    123. Buru
    124. loveatree
    125. MOTSy
    126. Jumbojet
    127. Massey
    128. nupur1586
    129. jlaustin
    130. FoxyRedLa
    131. Blueflare
    132. Treyert14
    133. SZ303389
    134. wasa1971
    135. northerndragon
    136. mmpooch
    137. WSUFre
    138 TERESAFLOWERS
    139. Hobbes
    140. RBAlive2727
    6/27/06 St. Paul**MN
    11/16/13 OKC**OK
    10/09/14 Lincoln**NE
    10/19/14 St. Paul**MN
    5/02/16 NYC**MSG #2
    8/20/16 Chicago**IL Wrigley #1
    8/13/18 Missoula**MT WA-Grizz Stadium 
    8/18/18 Chicago**IL Wrigley #1 
    4/2/20 Nashville**TN 
    4/4/20 St. Louis**MO 

• Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,735
    Zod said:

yellowwho said:

Thirty Something hour road trip from my place to the Gorge, with all the sites in between.....I have to see that place in person at least one time before I die !

I'm there !!!

But, I'll probably fly back :))

That's an insane drive. The longest drive I ever did to the Gorge was in '06. I ended up moving from Victoria to Edmonton a few weeks before the Gorge shows. Rather than eat the tickets we drove to see them. I think it was something like a 15 hour drive. Drove from Edmonton to Calgary to SE B.C. to Idaho, then East on the I90 through Washington to the Gorge. It was a pretty sweet drive. Maybe 15 hours total. We split it up on the way there (started driving after work and got into Sandpoint Idaho pretty late). We did it in a day on the way back.

30 hours would be brutal :) Unless you had some serious time off the break up the drive in see stuff on the way there.
    It's at least an 18 hour drive from where I live, one way. Play the Gorge, me and my truck need to eat up some pavement.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    UmphreysJam34UmphreysJam34 Posts: 778
    edited October 2014
    Please play the gorge in 2015
  • Options
    PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS THE 406 Posts: 6,736
    Gorge 2015 fan club show, where every fan club member that wants a ticket gets a ticket!

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• Options
    tmark8tmark8 Posts: 15
    PJ_ROCKS said:

Gorge 2015 fan club show, where every fan club member that wants a ticket gets a ticket!

I don't think live nation/ticketmaster would go for that. Gorge is a live nation venue. But that would be fucking sweet.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Not if the band just bought the venue for the weekend. They would make back the cost through the (tens of) thousands of loyal folks who would come and gladly pay for tickets for more than one night. Maybe it's an extra price to bring vehicles in for two or three days/nights....have some vendors available for food, water, a camping area, and of course, mega-merch! Seriously I think their management could handle it. It's not that complicated. Hire some volunteers to work food trucks or empty garbage cans and they get to see the shows.
    Oh it's so do-able.
    I'm getting those chills again....
    take the reigns and
    ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE

• Options

Not if the band just bought the venue for the weekend. They would make back the cost through the (tens of) thousands of loyal folks who would come and gladly pay for tickets for more than one night. Maybe it's an extra price to bring vehicles in for two or three days/nights....have some vendors available for food, water, a camping area, and of course, mega-merch! Seriously I think their management could handle it. It's not that complicated. Hire some volunteers to work food trucks or empty garbage cans and they get to see the shows.
    Oh it's so do-able.
    I'm getting those chills again....

Nice post.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Thanks. Big AE fan as well :) And I don't think we are alone.
    take the reigns and
    ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE

• Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    Happy November!!!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,279
    +1
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    JV130312JV130312 STATE OF LOVE & TRUST Posts: 2,413
    No thanks. Play the East Coast instead.
    I Know All The Rules But The Rules Do Not Know Me.
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    JV130312 said:

No thanks. Play the East Coast instead.

How about playing BOTH!!!!
    :D
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    PorchgirlCOPorchgirlCO Colorado Posts: 1,375
    I'm gonna keep bumping this post until it happens!! Love the GORGE-OUS comment. =D>
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me...

Orlando 4/24/92 & 8/23/92, Miami 3/28/94, Ft Laud 10/7/96, Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Missoula 9/30/12, EV Jax 11/24/12 & 11/25/12, Chicago (Wrigley) 7/19/13, Charlottesville 10/29/13, Charlotte 10/30/13, Tulsa 10/8/14, Lincoln 10/9/14, Denver 10/22/14, Jacksonville 4/12/16, Greenville 4/16/16, Telluride 7/9/16, Boston (Fenway) 8/5/16 & 8/7/16, Seattle (Safeco) 8/10/18, Boston (Fenway) 9/2/18 & 9/4/18, Dana Point 10/1/21 & 10/2/21, MSG 9/11/22, Denver 9/22/22, Austin 9/18/23 & 9/19/23.
  • Options
    Please play the Gorge sooooon because its a yellow moooooon....
    take the reigns and
    ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE

• Options

I'm gonna keep bumping this post until it happens!! Love the GORGE-OUS comment. =D>

Had so much fun hanging out with you in Tulsa & Lincoln...
    I'm ready for ANOTHER roadtrip with YOU, Ginger,
    Let's hope it's for The Gorge!!!
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2

• Options

:D Thanks!
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    Please play the gorgeous Gorge! 2015 would be good...or 16....or 15.....
    take the reigns and
    ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE

• Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    To the top!!! PJ25 at The Gorge!!!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    From FB:
    In light of recent events, I'm reposting this from our Wishlist Foundation Group for anyone interested.
    Back in early September, Wishlist Foundation began working on developing a fan-sourced (crowd-sourced) campaign to raise enough money to host a Pearl Jam concert weekend on or around October 22, 2015 at the infamous Gorge Amphitheater in Gorge, WA.
    Part 25th anniversary celebration, part thank you, part activism fan movement, Wishlist Foundation plans on rolling out this campaign between Christmas and New Years.
    Today another crowd-source event was announced to bring the band to Forest Hills, NY that will last the next 88 days. Wishlist was approached by the organizer to work together via PM, at which point I informed him of our existing plans, offered to work together/include him in ours and genuinely wished him well when he politely declined.
    Because our campaign will launch within the 88 days of the Forest Hills campaign, I thought it would be polite and in good community spirit to mention the Wishlist campaign in advance, as a preemptive attempt to dispel any potential negativity that Wishlist was trying to 'step on his toes or steal his thunder'. That isn't and won't be, our intent.
    We realize people are now interested in our campaign, but we're not ready to release any details more specific than I posted here. When we announce, we want to make sure we do it right - with facts, specific goals, specific ticket expectations, rewards, etc. We're not going to have our hand forced because someone else in our PJ community is borrowing the same awesome idea from the Foo Fighters fans.
    We LOVE the fan community. It is our family and has been for the last ten years. Myself, and all of us at Wishlist, genuinely believe that each and every fan can make a HUGE difference and a HUGE positive impact on the world, within our fan community and especially with each other.
    We've seen it happen. Witnessed your generosity and extraordinary efforts.
    Fan motivated and created events are how Wishlist started. We support lots of individual and smaller fan group related projects, causes and more. We've supported individuals and fans both publicly and quietly out of the public eye. I don't feel the need to list them - it's not about naming names to prove a point.
    We're grassroots. We're volunteers. We're fans. We wish everyone who is trying to do a good thing the best of luck. It's how we believe the world should be.
    "With my two hands, I can change the world"
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990
    Good to know! I'll be hitching my wagon to this star.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Thanks for the heads up on Wishlist plans concerning the organized and fan-backed effort to bring the band to the Gorge in 2015.
    I for one stay tuned to this forum avoiding fb altogether...
    THANK YOU WISHLIST !!!
    take the reigns and
    ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE

• Options
    This is GREAT news...
    Nice to hear that there is something in the works for a show at The Gorge!!!

• Options
    ^^^ Make a contest covering everything for us European fans. *-:)
  • Options
    OF COURSE it all depends on the band's desire to play where and when....really its up to them. Don't want to make them feel pressured I mean shit they do so much to show us their appreciation and get to as many cities as they can. Let's all just stay grateful. :)
    take the reigns and
    ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE

• Options
    PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS THE 406 Posts: 6,736
    mfc2006 said:

To the top!!! PJ25 at The Gorge!!!

this ^^^^

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose