I HATE GARY BETTMAN

2»

Comments

• n8dawg79 wrote:
    For some reason the NHL thinks it can't find a better man.

Uh, you really don't know the reason?
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • MayDay10 wrote:
    If I had it my way, of course, a champion of the sport like Brian Burke would be commissioner.

pppppppbbbbtttthhhh. Sorry that was me spitting my drink all over my keyboard and screen.

Burke would be an awful commissioner.
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Jason P wrote:
    ECHL is where the action is this year.

There's action in the ECHL?
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • norm wrote:
    it's like the owners are purposely trying to tank the league...is there some huge tax break for having a shitty nhl team on your books? :roll:

Please dont confuse "the owners" with the 8 owners in the old boys club. That is all that is needed to veto or pass a vote, ok? With Jacobs, Snider, Wirtz and Edwards running the show you only need 4 more to get anything done. Facts, guys. Let's look stuff up before calling "the owners" out. You can bet there is at least 17-19 owners who aren't happy about this lockout and want to negotiate a deal because they are BLEEDING money right now.
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    MayDay10 wrote:
    If I had it my way, of course, a champion of the sport like Brian Burke would be commissioner.

pppppppbbbbtttthhhh. Sorry that was me spitting my drink all over my keyboard and screen.

Totally agree. There really isn't a bigger douche in the league. You want to top Bettman in the smug dept, get Burke in the seat.
    I agree with pretty much everything else you've said tho, MayDay.....

I think one of my fav interviews of all time was Ron Maclean interviewing Bettman during the gold medal game of the Oly's. RM was pretty brutal with him....gotta love that guy.

And YES Indifference71 - that's the most frustrating thing about this....WHY is it that these 'negotiations' always come down to one side presenting an offer, the other rejecting it, then everyone sitting around for a month before anyone makes another move? Lock these fuckers in a room and get it done!

Side note: think I might have said this in another thread.....why is it legal for half the Oilers team to be playing in OKC, for the SAME owner??? The players are basically scabbing, and the owners paying the players to play....so are they locked out or not?
  • Side note: think I might have said this in another thread.....why is it legal for half the Oilers team to be playing in OKC, for the SAME owner??? The players are basically scabbing, and the owners paying the players to play....so are they locked out or not?

Different Collective Bargaining Agreement. By the rules, Eberle, Hall and RNH are eligible to play in the AHL. They are different leagues. Doesn't make a lick of a difference that its the same owner.
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,672
    MayDay10 wrote:

Totally agree. There really isn't a bigger douche in the league. You want to top Bettman in the smug dept, get Burke in the seat.
    I agree with pretty much everything else you've said tho, MayDay.....

I think one of my fav interviews of all time was Ron Maclean interviewing Bettman during the gold medal game of the Oly's. RM was pretty brutal with him....gotta love that guy.

And YES Indifference71 - that's the most frustrating thing about this....WHY is it that these 'negotiations' always come down to one side presenting an offer, the other rejecting it, then everyone sitting around for a month before anyone makes another move? Lock these fuckers in a room and get it done!

Side note: think I might have said this in another thread.....why is it legal for half the Oilers team to be playing in OKC, for the SAME owner??? The players are basically scabbing, and the owners paying the players to play....so are they locked out or not?

I meant Burke moreso as an example of someone who understands the actual sport, and can also roll with the punches business-wise. Not necessarily toting him as the best choice.

(although I think he might be good. No more instigator, that would be cool).
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138

Different Collective Bargaining Agreement. By the rules, Eberle, Hall and RNH are eligible to play in the AHL. They are different leagues. Doesn't make a lick of a difference that its the same owner.
    Yup, two-way contracts.

ya, I guess it was kind of a rhetorical question....just doesn't sit well with me that they can be making money, growing the popularity of the sport in another city, for the same owner. So really....in this case, even more than most, it's only the fans getting screwed. In Edmonton, anyway. OKC fans (both of them) are probably loving this.
    Anyway....hope they find a way to get Oil Baron games televised in Edm ;)
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,672

ya, I guess it was kind of a rhetorical question....just doesn't sit well with me that they can be making money, growing the popularity of the sport in another city, for the same owner. So really....in this case, even more than most, it's only the fans getting screwed. In Edmonton, anyway. OKC fans (both of them) are probably loving this.
    Anyway....hope they find a way to get Oil Baron games televised in Edm ;)

Same situation with Rochester/Buffalo. Same owner, affiliated, young players playing for Roch. We are close though so we can go to games (Im not a big AHL fan), and they are having a game in Buffalo this month. The cities are so close, Lindy Ruff basically works with the Amerks.
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Jason P wrote:
    norm wrote:
    it's like the owners are purposely trying to tank the league...is there some huge tax break for having a shitty nhl team on your books? :roll:
    Any Maple Leaf fans know the answer to this?

:mrgreen:

:lol:
    MayDay10 wrote:

I meant Burke moreso as an example of someone who understands the actual sport, and can also roll with the punches business-wise. Not necessarily toting him as the best choice.

(although I think he might be good. No more instigator, that would be cool).
    Ya I wouldn't argue that; he knows the game. And i'm def biased because of all the whining directed to Kevin Lowe after the Penner offer sheet. Haven't been able to stand the guy since those tantrums.
    MayDay10 wrote:
    Amerks

Best. Sweater. Ever.

Kotilik_Amercs_Front-405x297.jpg
  • drivingrldrivingrl Posts: 1,448
    GO STARS
    drivingrl: "Will I ever get to meet Gwen Stefani?"
    kevinbeetle: "Yes. When her career washes up and her and Gavin move to Galveston, you will meet her at Hot Topic shopping for a Japanese cheerleader outfit.

Next!"
  • madtowndavemadtowndave Posts: 4,012
    Bettman needs to go!

GO PREDATORS!!!!
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23
    url.jpg
  • NHL season-
    don't call it a comeback!

Anyone?

Cheers.
    'Cause you don't give blood and take it back again.