I HATE GARY BETTMAN

As it says. That guy needs to be fired along with his sidekick Daly. 2 lawyers from the United States should not be running the NHL, those 2 idiots need to go. They make upwards of $15 million dollars a year and don't even play. Fuck you Gary!

What do all you fuckers think?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• You are in the wrong section. This is for Pearl Jam and their music.

I do agree, though. He needs to go.

LET'S GO RANGERS!
    2008 - MSG 6/24-6/25
    2010 - Newark 5/18 MSG 5/21
    2011 - PJ20 9/3-9/4
    2012 - MIA Festival 9/2
    2013 - Wrigley Field 7/19 Brooklyn 10/18-10/19 Philly 10/22
    2015 - Colbert show - 9/23 Global Citizens Festival 9/26
    2016 - Philly 4/28-4/29 MSG 5/1-5/2

• demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,340
    I miss the good old hockey game. It's just money money money now. With all the advertising power & promotional shit they are getting in revenue on the side, how much more money does the owners & players want? :|
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    As it says. That guy needs to be fired along with his sidekick Daly. 2 lawyers from the United States should not be running the NHL, those 2 idiots need to go. They make upwards of $15 million dollars a year and don't even play. Fuck you Gary!

What do all you fuckers think?
    I'm Jason P, and I approve this message.
  • n8dawg79n8dawg79 Posts: 129
    I agree. FIre Buttman. For some reason the NHL thinks it can't find a better man.
    Salt Lake City, Utah - Sept 28, 2009
    East Troy, Wisconsin - Sept 3. 2011
    East Troy, Wisconsin - Sept 4, 2011
    Charlottesville, Virginia - Oct 29, 2013
    Hampton, Virginia - Apr 18, 2016
  • Grandmas JamGrandmas Jam Posts: 1,860
    LET'S GO RANGERS!

what he said :shock:
    Ryan Crooks insists upon himself
  • Aussie357Aussie357 Posts: 649
    Fehr is no better - they both need to go.
    If only the fans were resolute enough to leave ALL of the seats empty for a whole season to say "Screw you".... That would be a great message sent.
    Greed, greed, greed........
    Without the fans there is no paycheck!!!
    I'll keep takin' punches until their will grows tired... Hey I won't change direction and I won't change my mind.......
  • fsu2626fsu2626 Posts: 371
    Have to put a lot of blame on the owners as well. They are telling Bettman what to say.

Let's go Rangers!
  • october22october22 Posts: 2,533
    Let's go DEVILS!

But yeah, this is the wrong place for sports shit.
  • uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959
    He's the captain of smug. I can't stand the dude at all.
  • NamiNami Posts: 5,995
    He's the captain of smug. I can't stand the dude at all.

+1 He would not qualify as "Top Shit" maybe there should be a "Top Shithead" thread.

GO WINGS!
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • shepshep Posts: 5,763
    Fans need to protest against this BS... I for one will be dropping my NHL Center Ice Online subscription as a form of protest.

The league's popularity and revenue has skyrocketed the last 10 years and now they are all squabbling over who gets my money? Pisses me off to no extent.

All of them (both owners and players) should be grateful of the fact that they get to play hockey for a living and make enough money in 20 years to provide for a lifetime of good living... I have a good job, but i'll work for 35-40 years at something i don't "love" doing and still not have the money to live as posh a lifestyle as most people in associated with the NHL do.

In the spirit of fans, their issues should have been worked out long ago. Fighting over who gets my money when you're all overpayed for playing a GAME to begin with... :x :x :x
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.

• What do all you fuckers think?

no time to hate
    barely time to wait
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,672
    my hatred toward Bettman has declined over the years to almost non-existant.

Look at the other commissioners in sports: Selig, Stern, and Goodell. Not really making me envious.

Also remember that the owners voted unanimously to extend Bettman's contract. In fact, its the owners/B.O.G. that give Bettman his marching orders, and they are making the decisions. Bettman is just a greaseman/politician. If it werent him, it would be some other suit.

If I had it my way, of course, a champion of the sport like Brian Burke would be commissioner. But that isnt how things go in the way major pro sports are set up at this time. The players would somehow need to get on equal footing as the owners and that is not the case and it wont be any time soon.

With that said, the players need to come in with an offer and stop playing a complete game of chicken. The owners can and will scrap the season. The players need to come off slightly from their % and also throw it on the owners by showing a good revenue sharing system. They need to do this publicly. That will fracture the owners a bit, get them to the table, and we will get a deal sooner IMO.
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Bettman is merely the puppet for the owners. Thats his job.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Who cares? Only the playoffs matter in the NHL anyway. They should just lock them out until April, then throw everyone's name in the hat and have best of 7s to see who wins. We all save money on the way overpriced tickets, and we get the best (and only that matters) part of the season.

I mean does anyone south of Detroit even know the league exists until after the Super Bo....wait scratch that...March Madness?

It's like we're 18 year old boys all over again - who give a shit about foreplay?
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Find a good college game to go watch. Fuck the NHL. Luckily I've got Union and RPI within 20 minutes of where I am to fill the time.
    ECHL is where the action is this year. Pucks drop near me this weekend.

:corn:
  • MayDay10 wrote:
    my hatred toward Bettman has declined over the years to almost non-existant.

Look at the other commissioners in sports: Selig, Stern, and Goodell. Not really making me envious.

Also remember that the owners voted unanimously to extend Bettman's contract. In fact, its the owners/B.O.G. that give Bettman his marching orders, and they are making the decisions. Bettman is just a greaseman/politician. If it werent him, it would be some other suit.

If I had it my way, of course, a champion of the sport like Brian Burke would be commissioner. But that isnt how things go in the way major pro sports are set up at this time. The players would somehow need to get on equal footing as the owners and that is not the case and it wont be any time soon.

With that said, the players need to come in with an offer and stop playing a complete game of chicken. The owners can and will scrap the season. The players need to come off slightly from their % and also throw it on the owners by showing a good revenue sharing system. They need to do this publicly. That will fracture the owners a bit, get them to the table, and we will get a deal sooner IMO.

I agree with you but I still HATE Bettman. He can be a puppet without being the smug SOB that he is..

The Owners STARTED the negotiations with an ultimatum. Who does that?? I'm shocked that with the huge NBC/ESPN contract beginning in November that the owners want to jeopardize that and all the revenue that comes with it for years to come.
    I'm further surprised that they'd be willing to jeopardize the Winter classic and the 24/7 HBO show that comes with it. More revenue the owners are pissing away.

The players were willing to play without a new contract in place and negotiate at the same time but the owners said no.

What people need to realize is that most NHL players are NOT millionaires. Yes they make more than the average person but only the top like 5-7 players on a team with 14-17 players make over a million bucks. Comments that all players are rich greedy SOB's is totally false. There are SOME yes, but not ALL the players are.

The high salaries are the fault of BOTH the owners for agreeing to them (look at those redonkulous long term, front loaded contracts that were given out). and the players + agents for demanding such pay.
    I am not a fan of long term contracts because after a few years the players are going to demand to renegotiate it anyways. I'm a believer in if you sign a contract you HONOUR it! You don't start crying part way through that you're not being paid enough. You agreed to it - DEAL WITH IT! Sadly it doesn't work that way in professional sports.

Both sides need to talk and compromise. Bottom line!

I'm losing money from this lockout as I work as an Usher at the ACC. I work all 42 home games normally. If the whole season gets cancelled that's a few grand out of my pocket! I'm pissed at BOTH sides (more so the owners for forcing this though).
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,217
    Stop crying about this shit as soon as they get back all the fans will just follow like sheep into the Arena's why don't you start a boycot movement , the league does not care about you the fan ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,672
    No they do not.

Im not in any hurry for them to play, honestly. I would like to see a good deal put into place that makes all teams viable and creates an environment of general parity. Similar to the NFL.

They both drew lines in the sand and refuse to budge.
    The owners hold the cards here and will win. Its on the players to figure out how much they want to lose.

50/50 split gets it done. Its currently 57/43. A player making the league minimum at $550K is going to lose an entire year of salary to protect $50K? That same player can play for 5 seasons and make $2.5 Million.

They also need to get a system in place that keeps the owners in check/closes the cap circumvention loopholes. It is responsibility of the rules, not the owners because that is collusion.

Even with a 50/50 split and loopholes closed, Im not sure 1/3 of the league can survive without better revenue sharing.

In the meantime, I got college football, NFL, and OHL.
    The Niagara IceDogs started out hot and are 4-1-0. The lockout is actually good for the because Dougie Hamilton cant play on the Bruins
    Think anyone in LA will remember who the Kings are if they are gone a year (besides norm)?
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Jason P wrote:
    Think anyone in LA will remember who the Kings are if they are gone a year (besides norm)?

Who?
  • uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959
    I'm losing money from this lockout as I work as an Usher at the ACC. I work all 42 home games normally. If the whole season gets cancelled that's a few grand out of my pocket! I'm pissed at BOTH sides (more so the owners for forcing this though).
    During strikes/lockouts, we often forget the people like you who are caught in the middle of the bargaining parties. For your sake, and that of all the affected workers, I hope this gets settled quickly.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    Jason P wrote:

this really sucks...finally got a strong fan base (sold out the entire season i think) and the owners decide they need more money...well, at least i got to see a stanley cup championship...was hoping to see a few more but...
  • The whole thing is extremely dissappointing. Record revenues and TV ratings way up and it has to come to the point of regular season games being cancelled. It's a complete joke. Both sides are at fault here. The fact that they aren't meeting every fucking day to get this thing fixed continues to boggle my mind.
    norm wrote:
    Jason P wrote:

this really sucks...finally got a strong fan base (sold out the entire season i think) and the owners decide they need more money...well, at least i got to see a stanley cup championship...was hoping to see a few more but...
    That's the biggest tactical error of this strike. The puck heads will always be back, but the NHL was finally starting to gain a wider base, especially with HD TV helping big time.

In case anyone forgets, three years ago the NHL was PAYING NBC as well as forfeiting the proceeds from advertising just so someone would show their games on Sundays.

Three years ago ....

:fp: :fp: :fp:
    Jason P wrote:
    norm wrote:
    Jason P wrote:

That's the biggest tactical error of this strike. The puck heads will always be back, but the NHL was finally starting to gain a wider base, especially with HD TV helping big time.

In case anyone forgets, three years ago the NHL was PAYING NBC as well as forfeiting the proceeds from advertising just so someone would show their games on Sundays.

Three years ago ....

:fp: :fp: :fp:

it's like the owners are purposely trying to tank the league...is there some huge tax break for having a shitty nhl team on your books? :roll:
    norm wrote:
    it's like the owners are purposely trying to tank the league...is there some huge tax break for having a shitty nhl team on your books? :roll:
    Any Maple Leaf fans know the answer to this?

:mrgreen:
    Jason P wrote:
    norm wrote:
    Any Maple Leaf fans know the answer to this?

:mrgreen:

:lol::lol::lol:
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    are you kidding?! Betterman is one of PJ's best songs. what the hell...