Pittsburgh Baby!! Who's ready??

2»

Comments

• Wonder what the chances are of them opening the roof? I think thats pretty rare but thatd be fucking AWESOME.

It doesn't/can't open anymore. I have season tix for the Pens and had an arena worker tell me it's not that they can't get it open, but they're not sure if it would close smoothly.

We need a new arena, damnit.
  • It doesn't/can't open anymore. I have season tix for the Pens and had an arena worker tell me it's not that they can't get it open, but they're not sure if it would close smoothly.

We need a new arena, damnit.

Ya you do. The Mellon is a piece of shit...but the show should be great.
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • Hey all,
    cant wait for tomorrow!!!
    I took the day off to get prepared, both mentally and budweiser-ly.
    Still bugging me that this show is not OUTDOORS, not sure how many of you have ever seen a show inside the Arena, but it's not 1/10 the show that Starlake can offer and dont even get me started about the sound, I have seen many shows at the Arena and the sound always falls WAY short....

Does anyone know the reasoning for not playing outside???

Anybody going to the after show that a well known pittsburgh pearl jam
    ( Ten Band) cover band is having??? I hope i have enough energy left in my tank to go but not sure....
  • YoyomaYoyoma Posts: 20
    assron_gtf wrote:
    Hey all,
    Still bugging me that this show is not OUTDOORS, not sure how many of you have ever seen a show inside the Arena, but it's not 1/10 the show that Starlake can offer and dont even get me started about the sound, I have seen many shows at the Arena and the sound always falls WAY short....
    quote]

I tend to agree with you, but I thought the sound was good for the '03 show. It was so fucking loud my ears were ringing for about an hour after that show.

I thought the acoustics were very good in Cleveland at the Q Arena or whatever its called now.

I wonder how much thought/preparation goes into the design of a new arena for rock show acoustics?
    'If you follow every dream, you might get lost' - N.Y.
  • NicheNiche Posts: 16
    The waiting drove me mad! Tomororows the big day and the band is finally Back in the Burgh! WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
  • ealasaid76ealasaid76 Posts: 95
    YAYAYAYAYAYAY!

First time in Pittsburgh, first time seeing PJ here.

It's gonna RAIN tomorrow, so even if the roof opened? Not so good for rain to come IN the venue. [shakes head]

I didn't get a confirmation email for my 10 C tickets and emailed the 10C.

No response.

Anyone else?
    FREE THE WEST MEMPHIS THREE!
    www.wm3.org
    9/13/98 Hartford,CT - 9/18/98 Columbia,MD
    8/23/00 Jones Beach (Wantagh,NY) - 7/8/03 NYC (DVD show)
    9/28/04 Boston,MA (VFC Benefit-10C) - 6/23/06 Pittsburgh,PA
    6/27/08 Hartford, CT
  • stillahivestillahive Posts: 14
    i cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! tomarrow babaaay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    " 'No.....Way' my answer to that, 'No.....Way'"
  • StellyStelly Posts: 170
    I have one extra....section B20 row 4. PM me if interested. Face value...
    8/22/98 - Toronto
    8/26/98 - Cleveland
    10/7/00 - Detroit
    4/25/03 - Cleveland
    6/23/06 - Pittsburgh
  • Maggie_stMaggie_st Posts: 6
    Is there any before or after gatherings at either show? One more day

Maggie
    It's tomorrow !!!
    "Now when people ask me, where's my favorite place to play, I'll reply, Newark NJ!" -EV (solo '08)
  • Pearl JenPearl Jen Posts: 136
    Will someone please call me from the show? I haven't seen the band all tour, and don't know if I'll get to. It would be cool to hear them, even if just for a minute.
  • cooldaddycooldaddy Posts: 52
    this is my wife's first show...so now, she'll finally know what i mean...meeting up with two cat's that i haven't seen in six fucking years....it's fucking on pittsburgh..hell yeah...
    Sidewalk, Cigarettes, and Scenes

Pittsburgh 08-25-1998
    Pittsburgh 06-23-2006
  • ilonaroseilonarose Posts: 39
    We were fortunate enough to be at the Cleveland show and the Jersey #2 and they both rocked. I did have a bad experience at the NJ show with some other 'fans', or should I say their security guards, but other than that, it rocked. We are driving in in the AM and staying at the Doubletree. Anyone want to get together for some pre-show drinking and BS'ing? Jeff and I would love a party. Please, if anything is going on, let us know. We unfortunatly missed the NJ get-togther, family obligations, what can I say. I am ready to rock....Love & Peace, Rose
    Cleveland, 2000
    Las Vegas, Oct 2000
    Seattle, Groundwork Benefit, Oct. 2001
    Cleveland, Buffalo, Camden 2003
    Toledo, VFC, Oct 2004
    Pittsburgh, Open for Stones, Sept. 2005
    2006 - Cleve., NJ, Pitts.

Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery
    None but ourselves can free our minds