Pittsburgh Baby!! Who's ready??

PJwish29PJwish29 Posts: 2
edited June 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
Only 3 days now till Pearl Jam rocks the Mellon Arena! Can't wait to get there and see one hell of a show. Feels to me like this is gonna be a great one, especially being the first show of the second leg. The guys should be rested and ready to go!! Who's excited?!?
The whole world will be different soon....
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• justamjustam Posts: 21,407
    Me, I'm excited!!!! :D:D
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • drew0drew0 Posts: 943
    CANNOT WAIT.

FOUR DAYS. HOLY SHIT.

Pittsburgh is ready. :D
    Pittsburgh 6/23/06
    Madison Square Garden 6/25/08
  • i'm sooooooo ready!!! i went to Cleveland on the last leg and it had been since 2003 since the last PJ show i've been too...so since Cleveland i have been super-anxious for Pittsburgh!!!
  • PJwish29PJwish29 Posts: 2
    what do you think for an opener....
    release?
    life wasted?
    how about something totally unexpected like Sometimes?
    The whole world will be different soon....
  • Tom KTom K Posts: 842
    I'm pretty pumped... I'm taking my little brother, he's 12, to his first show...
    I'm gone ..Long gone..This time I'm letting go of it all...So long...Cause this time I'm gone
  • cannot wait
    PJ Shows:

9/05/2000 Pittsburgh
    4/26/2003 Pittsburgh
    6/23/2006 Pittsburgh

Under your tongue...I’m like a tab...
    I will give you what...you’re not s’posed to have
    Pearl Jam - Last Exit
  • burghpjfanburghpjfan Posts: 36
    PJwish29 wrote:
    Only 3 days now till Pearl Jam rocks the Mellon Arena! Can't wait to get there and see one hell of a show. Feels to me like this is gonna be a great one, especially being the first show of the second leg. The guys should be rested and ready to go!! Who's excited?!?

cant wait lets make the arena bounce!!!! plan to drink plenty guinness before to get primed!!!!!!
  • pj1023pj1023 Posts: 47
    I cant wait going to be a hell of a show!!!
    Shows
    Pittsburgh- (4/26/03)
    Pittsburgh w/ Stones- (9/28/06)
    Cleveland- (5/20/06)
    Pittsburgh- (6/23/06)
    Cincy- (6/24/06)
  • Rossum20Rossum20 Posts: 910
    im ready to rock!!
  • Mleech88Mleech88 Posts: 3
    I am in west igloo sec 4 row v is this a worthy seat or should I try and get something better!! Looking for a little local knowledge!
  • I cant wait either. Ive never been to the Igloo. Will the seats from a high 10c number be good?
  • LivingBubbaLivingBubba Posts: 135
    I picked up West Igloo 4 Row U off TM today ..... we shall see how bad it is
  • NicheNiche Posts: 16
    ahh igloo seats can be good, just dont be high in the section. they are about in the second quarter of the way back on the sides. i have an extra ok b level seat anyone interested pm me.
  • neartodeathneartodeath Posts: 167
    i hope they play a ton of new songs, and corduroy
  • DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,757
    Ready.
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • wak5700wak5700 Posts: 22
    What do you guys think are the chances of ed doing a preset?
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,407
    wak5700 wrote:
    What do you guys think are the chances of ed doing a preset?

I don't know, but if you don't want to miss one, get to your seat on time. :)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
    I'm SO fuckin' ready. See you ALL IN TWO DAYS. :D
    Pittsburgh 6/23/06
  • StoneG82StoneG82 Posts: 806
    I hope they dont take it easy since its the tour opener and all that.....
    "What’s Orphans? I don’t know. Orphans is a dead end kid driving a coffin with big tires across the Ohio River wearing welding goggles and a wife beater with a lit firecracker in his ear." - Tom Waits
    We'll just have to make sure we're loud, and remind them how much Pittsburgh loves them.

I see ten times more talk about the Pittsburgh show than Cincy on here, so hopefully it's going to be a big, energetic, diehard crowd, so they'll play longer.
    Pittsburgh 6/23/06
  • sg219sg219 Posts: 24
    I'm ready for an AWESOME Show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got two extra tix....section A20.

sg219@hotmail.com
  • neartodeathneartodeath Posts: 167
    drew0 wrote:
    We'll just have to make sure we're loud, and remind them how much Pittsburgh loves them.

I see ten times more talk about the Pittsburgh show than Cincy on here, so hopefully it's going to be a big, energetic, diehard crowd, so they'll play longer.

i'm gonna be yellin and howlin fur sure but i do worry about the band not coming outta of the gates absolutely blazin for this 1st show, after some time off. we shall see. my hopes are still high.

it's my last show for this tour. in some ways i'm really happy that there was one more show in my area i could fit in but i'm kinda sad to see the tour come to a close, for me.

anyways, it's been a hell of a ride this year...so to the people who are just starting to see some shows, get freakin ready, cause the band WILL rock your mind
  • RockMamaRockMama Deep Creek Lake, MD Posts: 478
    I need a PJ fix bad.........
    107 total First-Summerfest, Milwaukee '95
    Most recent: 2018 Stadium shows: Seattle 2, Missoula, Fenway 1 and 2; 2022: Oakland 1 and 2
  • inmytree1380inmytree1380 Posts: 155
    I really think Ed will do a preset since I don't believe many people know what to expect with Robert Pollard (does he play any guided by voices or just his solo material?).
    Anyways, I'm fucking pumped for the show. A hometown show for myself. I'm bringing a first-timer to the show and she's real pumped. All and all, I think the Mellon will rock.
    2000: Pittsburgh
    2003: Pittsburgh
    2004: Toledo
    2005: Pittsburgh
    2006: Cleveland, Pittsburgh
    2008: D.C.
    2009: Toronto, Philly IV
    2010: Cleveland
    2011: East Troy I & II
    2013: Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Baltimore
    2014: Austin I
    2016: Fort Lauderdale, Hampton, Philly II, Chicago II
  • slushslush Posts: 32
    I cant freaking wait! Im so excited!!
  • StoneG82StoneG82 Posts: 806
    I really think Ed will do a preset since I don't believe many people know what to expect with Robert Pollard (does he play any guided by voices or just his solo material?).
    Anyways, I'm fucking pumped for the show. A hometown show for myself. I'm bringing a first-timer to the show and she's real pumped. All and all, I think the Mellon will rock.

all solo material. Maybe one or two GBV classics. that's it.

I think there's a pretty good chance Eddie will play a preset also. Mostly because Bob Pollard is pretty much unknown to the majority of PJ fans.
    "What’s Orphans? I don’t know. Orphans is a dead end kid driving a coffin with big tires across the Ohio River wearing welding goggles and a wife beater with a lit firecracker in his ear." - Tom Waits
  • Stoked.....driving from Toronto tomorrow night!!!

Bring on the music and the Roethlis-burgers!! lol

how are those things btw?
    Barrie '98
    Toronto '03
    Ottawa '05
    Toronto '05
    Toronto I '06
    Toronto II '06
    Camden I '06
    Camden II '06
    Pittsburgh '06
    Hartford '08
    Mansfield II '08
    Toronto I - EV '08
    Toronto II - EV '08 (this one takes the cake!!)
  • oh yeah....and i'm itching to hear FATAL

lost fifty buck in Camden because they didn't play it. Oh well! I'm ready to bet again! lol
    Barrie '98
    Toronto '03
    Ottawa '05
    Toronto '05
    Toronto I '06
    Toronto II '06
    Camden I '06
    Camden II '06
    Pittsburgh '06
    Hartford '08
    Mansfield II '08
    Toronto I - EV '08
    Toronto II - EV '08 (this one takes the cake!!)
  • Hoping to hear a few Guided by Voices classics from Pollard... don't know much about his solo stuff.

Anyone know what time the parking lots will open at Mellon? What about doors open?

I better not get screwed on the digital camera fiasco that I'm hearing others have had a problem with getting in...
  • 2 days all :):):)

Perhaps the band will be arriving in the burgh tomorrow night?
    I am hoping the Mellon Arena is crazy loud Friday night.
    Wonder what the chances are of them opening the roof? I think thats pretty rare but thatd be fucking AWESOME.