Options

Lollapalooza Roll Call

Comments

• Options
    Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,818
    go to giordanos....
    or lou malnatis......

i dont know when....YOU SEEM TO HAVE PLENTY ON YOUR SCHEDULE AS IS!!!!!

hehehehe..............

Malnatis would be a good choice for the tourists, IMO..
    (though I hate crappy Chi deep dish pizza)

you gonna walk around w/a pitcher of beer there? :D
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,724
    I once ordered a Lou Malnati's next day air. It cost $50
    NERDS!
  • Options
    Detroit2NYCDetroit2NYC New York, NY Posts: 337
    Foxy Mop wrote:
    hellz yea! I'll be in NY in 2 weeks.. we'll grab some beers!

Me too? NYC?
  • Options
    Me too? NYC?

I'll be in New Hyde Park, (Long Island), but I'll go anywhere! Booking my flight tonight, so I'll keep ya posted. I miss the city!!!
    Wishlist Foundation

♥♥♥
  • Options
    TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    For the love of God, don't anyone flame me, but is anyone bringing the kiddies???
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
  • Options
    MasterFramerMasterFramer Posts: 2,268
    Where are my matches!?!?! KIDS???....... j/k :)
    10.31.93 / 10.1.94 / 6.24.95 / 11.4.95 / 10.19-20.96 / 7.16.98 / 7.21.98 / 10.31.00 /8.4.01 Nader Rally/ 10.21.01 / 12.8-9.02 / 6.01.03 / 9.1.05 / 7.15-16,18.06 / 7.20.06 / 7.22-23.06 / Lolla 07
  • Options
    TrixieCat wrote:
    For the love of God, don't anyone flame me, but is anyone bringing the kiddies???

You know, I seriously thought about it. She's 6 - but it is going to be sooooo crowded and sooooo hot I figured no way in hell. I'd need to keep her literally leashed to me if I even considered bringing her.

I do know a few people are bringing their kids though.
    Wishlist Foundation

♥♥♥
  • Options
    I know what you mean. I just thought it would be fun for him. And he loves PJ.lol
    He is a bit younger than 6... :)
  • Options
    TrixieCat wrote:
    I know what you mean. I just thought it would be fun for him. And he loves PJ.lol
    He is a bit younger than 6... :)

Mine too! But I'd rather take her to a show (her 1st!) where a) she's got definite seats where I can keep her sandwiched in place b) she can get dropped off immediately before the show starts so her attention span is intact then c) get picked up immediately after so she doesn't get overtired=cranky :)

The idea of the heat, 300,000 people and my kid makes me a verrrrrry nervous mama.

p.s. List updated!
    Wishlist Foundation

♥♥♥
  • Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,120
    Foxy Mop wrote:
    I'll be in New Hyde Park, (Long Island), but I'll go anywhere! Booking my flight tonight, so I'll keep ya posted. I miss the city!!!

keep me posted, you're practically a former neighbor.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    jojojojo Posts: 645
    i'm in for day 3
    Ralph: Me fail English? That's unpossible.
  • Options
    I'm new here, but not new as a pj fan, I'll be in chicago for pearl jam this will be my first time ina pearl jam show, so i've been waiting for this moment for so long it will be good to meet with some people, I'm 25 and ready have a blast in lolla please tell me whats going on with the parties i will like to be in a party with the band members, so if anyone knows about a good after let me know, best wishes from ecuador
  • Options
    iamicaiamica Chicago Posts: 2,628
    For their own safety, please don't bring kids to this show. Festivals can get way overcrowded and rough, and if there's an emergency it might be hard for you to break out of the crowd. Plus they won't be able to see, unless you put them on your shoulders, and then the people behind you won't be able to see...did I mention general admission is a pain?
    So yeah, that's my two cents about kids in music festivals with big crowds.
    Chicago 2000 : Chicago 2003 : Chicago 2006 : Summerfest 2006 : Lollapalooza 2007 : Chicago 2009 : Noblesville (Indy) 2010 : PJ20 (East Troy) 2011 : Wrigley Field 2013 : Milwaukee (Yield) 2014 : Wrigley Field 2016
  • Options
    PearlStripesPearlStripes Posts: 267
    All three days for me and 3 first timers
  • Options
    thatgirlthatgirl Posts: 3,671
    officially in for sunday! :D
    "I hear Fanch has a Pimp Cup and loves Kiss. I think that's all that really matters."
  • Options
    gettingrightgettingright Posts: 550
    originally i wasn't going as i am getting married on saturday the 4th in pittsburgh, but yesterday, i convinced my soon to be wife to fly to chicago sunday morning, go to the show, fly back to pa at 5am on monday to start our honeymoon trek to niagra falls.

all i have to say is i am marrying the most wonderful woman!!!!

i told her yesterday that she has made me the happiest man in the world.....twice
    "...what a different life had i not found this love with you..."
  • Options
    I'm new here, but not new as a pj fan, I'll be in chicago for pearl jam this will be my first time ina pearl jam show, so i've been waiting for this moment for so long it will be good to meet with some people, I'm 25 and ready have a blast in lolla please tell me whats going on with the parties i will like to be in a party with the band members, so if anyone knows about a good after let me know, best wishes from ecuador

hey caiman - welcome to the Message Pit :)

If you keep watching this thread I'm sure me and everyone else will go over plans and stuff, so keep watching here (and all of the other Lollapalooza threads too!)
    originally i wasn't going as i am getting married on saturday the 4th in pittsburgh, but yesterday, i convinced my soon to be wife to fly to chicago sunday morning, go to the show, fly back to pa at 5am on monday to start our honeymoon trek to niagra falls.

all i have to say is i am marrying the most wonderful woman!!!!

i told her yesterday that she has made me the happiest man in the world.....twice

Congratulations! You -are- a lucky guy! Wedding: Saturday. Sunday: Pearl Jam. Monday: Honeymoon :D a perfect way to start a great marriage!

*List updated!
    Wishlist Foundation

♥♥♥
  • Options
    feathersfeathers Posts: 84
    All three days for myself and my sister.
    04/18/03
    10/06/04
    06/24/06
    08/05/07
    06/16/08
  • Options
    Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    TrixieCat wrote:
    I know!!! My first show.
    I don't know how the heck I am going to get there, where I will stay, what I will do? But I am so stoked.
    Mets-Are you going? And Speedy gets a beer on me if I see you there.
    HHelen-I so want to have a beer with you.
    I cannot wait.
    d i d n t t e l l h u s b a n d y e t......still have a month and a half... :)
    Did I mention I am mildly claustrophobic....lol
    that would be cool :)

As for where I'm going to be... me and Barbara discussed it yesterday and neither of us have ANY desire to get ANYWHERE near the front... we'll be chilling near the back, where we can dance, drink, pee... it may actually be my first PJ show where I'm tipsy-drunk :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856

As for where I'm going to be... me and Barbara discussed it yesterday and neither of us have ANY desire to get ANYWHERE near the front... we'll be chilling near the back, where we can dance, drink, pee... it may actually be my first PJ show where I'm tipsy-drunk :)

Like I said, I am leaning toward trying to get to the front, but that sounds fun too. So I don't know. I guess I'll decide when I get there.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    Flagg wrote:
    Like I said, I am leaning toward trying to get to the front, but that sounds fun too. So I don't know. I guess I'll decide when I get there.
    :) well I've been to 4 shows, 2 front row, 1 second row, and 1 4th row so I'm not gonna be greedy cos I know it's the only chance the Americans will have to get close to the front... I plan on having a nice relaxing time in Chicago sooooo.... absolute NO queuing overnight :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    MelissaphishMelissaphish Posts: 150
    Going Sunday. Bought my ticket, just have to figure out how to get there.
    Boston Garden 5/25/06
    Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Madison Square Garden 6/24/08 and 6/25/08
    Mansfield 6/30/08
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    The answers are fatal......
  • Options
    rybesrybes Posts: 136
    All three days for me and a friend!
  • Options
    JoanneJoanne Posts: 98
    Me and my husband will be there all three days. Can't wait to see some of you crazies!
    We're still making records for people who listen to it all the way through, eyes closed, in that space.
  • Options
    stpmattbstpmattb Posts: 956
    I'll be there for all three days.
  • Options
    stew2310stew2310 Posts: 19
    I'll be there all three days
    8/27/00 Saratoga, 9/28/05 Pittsburgh w/ The Stones, 6/23/06 Pittsburgh, Lollapalooza 07

"You're throwing joints on stage! maybe I should insult you some more"-Ed in Pittsburgh '06

"George Bush find yourself another home"
  • Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,879
    All three for me and someone else don't know who

this lineup is awesome, I mean come on we get SILVERCHAIR
  • Options
    PJLeaver44PJLeaver44 Posts: 44
    I'll be there for Sunday with my little sister (her first PJ concert!), and 4-5 friends.
    Grand Rapids 10/3/04, Kitchener 9/11/05, Grand Rapids 5/19/06, Detroit 5/22/06

"Who set the standard, born to be rich--Paris Hilton--Such fine example, skinny little bitch" -Ed, 5/19/06

www.myspace.com/radiomessiah
  • Options
    List updated - 148 pit paloozas and counting!
    Wishlist Foundation

♥♥♥
  • Options

Can I tell my husband I am going with you??? :)