Options

EURO TOUR 2013???..no download.

Comments

• Options
    veddertownveddertown Scotland Posts: 5,260
    DavieB wrote:
    Aren't Download's headliners (generally) exclusive to the festival in terms of the UK? I think that's been the case the past few years, with the exception of Black Sabbath's small club show this year...

If so... Bummer! as I selfishly have other plans next year, and I really don't fancy Download.

However, one of those plans is to see Bruce Springsteen again, somewhere, anywhere, so if he and PJ should cross paths again and do a festival in Europe.... :D

In all seriousness though, I really hope Scotland get a turn next year if this rumour is true. I don't mind travelling to see bands, but it would be fantastic to see them on home turf for one year at least! :roll:

I think this exclusitivity rule for festivals is generally by mutual agreement. Realistically the promoter would prefer to advertise "Only UK show this year..," but there could be the scenario where this is an agreement that they could play a show in Glasgow or Belfast for example but not another show in England. A Scotland show would be a dream and while I think it's not very likely you have to have some hope after shows in Oslo, Sweden and Prague this year for the first time in 12 years. I have a feeling we might get a show in Dublin this time if there are arena shows included but I'm definately keeping my fingers crossed for Scotland. Shame the new arena in Glasgow isn't ready until October although there is this little quaint venue they could grace... ;)

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3293/247 ... b98b08.jpg
    http://www.garyinnes.com/uploaded_image ... 709882.JPG
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
  • Options
    DavieBDavieB Posts: 222
    veddertown wrote:
    DavieB wrote:
    Aren't Download's headliners (generally) exclusive to the festival in terms of the UK? I think that's been the case the past few years, with the exception of Black Sabbath's small club show this year...

If so... Bummer! as I selfishly have other plans next year, and I really don't fancy Download.

However, one of those plans is to see Bruce Springsteen again, somewhere, anywhere, so if he and PJ should cross paths again and do a festival in Europe.... :D

In all seriousness though, I really hope Scotland get a turn next year if this rumour is true. I don't mind travelling to see bands, but it would be fantastic to see them on home turf for one year at least! :roll:

I think this exclusitivity rule for festivals is generally by mutual agreement. Realistically the promoter would prefer to advertise "Only UK show this year..," but there could be the scenario where this is an agreement that they could play a show in Glasgow or Belfast for example but not another show in England. A Scotland show would be a dream and while I think it's not very likely you have to have some hope after shows in Oslo, Sweden and Prague this year for the first time in 12 years. I have a feeling we might get a show in Dublin this time if there are arena shows included but I'm definately keeping my fingers crossed for Scotland. Shame the new arena in Glasgow isn't ready until October although there is this little quaint venue they could grace... ;)

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3293/247 ... b98b08.jpg
    http://www.garyinnes.com/uploaded_image ... 709882.JPG

Crikey, I'm salivating at the sheer thought of that! :D

A PJ 2 night stand (or even just EV) could easily sell it out in minutes. Would be incredbile!
  • Options
    this means PJ will not be at Bonnaroo :cry:
    why?is it that date?
    yep .... June 13-16
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    this means PJ will not be at Bonnaroo :cry:
    why?is it that date?
    yep .... June 13-16
    yeah,but that means,earlier,usa tour ,right? 8-):mrgreen:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options

at this point i think we will be happy with ANY US TOUR!!!!

....who am i kidding they could play every state and someone would still bitch :lol:
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Its a good thing I have my summers off now! I can travel again this summer-- but was really hoping for US tour as I have a lot of friends and family that I promised I would take to see PJ and they wont go to Europe :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: ... Its ok, though, because I have new friends in Europe! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
    Post edited by fortheloveofpearljam on
    September 15, 1998 Mansfield MA/ August 29, 2000 Mansfield, MA/ June 11, 2008 West Palm Beach, FL/ July 2, 2012 Prague, Czech Republic/ July 4, 2012 Berlin, Germany/ July 5, 2012 Berlin, Germany/ September 21, 2012 Pensacola, FL/ July 16, 2013 London, ON, Canada/ July 19, 2013 Chicago, IL/ October 12, 2013 Buffalo, NY/ October 25, 2013 Hartford, CT/ November 23, 2013 Los Angeles, CA/ November 24, 2013 Los Angeles, CA/ November 26, 2013 Oakland, CA/ November 29, 2013 Portland, OR/ November 30, 2013 Spokane, WA
  • Options
    lyearslyears Posts: 212
    leeds arena open in march......ready for pj 8-)
    MARCH???now u over reacting.rhrheehehhehehe

march open, ready for pj in june 8-)

Yes please!!!!!!!! :D
    Hyde Park 25/06/10 - Manchester 20/06/12 - Leeds 08/07/14
  • Options

....who am i kidding they could play every state and someone would still bitch :lol:
    i understand...no question,usa tour must be 1st priority for the band,need to do a tour
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Dimi I want to see PJ in Greece!! Have always wanted to visit Italy and Greece and that IS THE ONLY REASON-- TO SEE PEARL JAM AND THE JAMILY!!
    September 15, 1998 Mansfield MA/ August 29, 2000 Mansfield, MA/ June 11, 2008 West Palm Beach, FL/ July 2, 2012 Prague, Czech Republic/ July 4, 2012 Berlin, Germany/ July 5, 2012 Berlin, Germany/ September 21, 2012 Pensacola, FL/ July 16, 2013 London, ON, Canada/ July 19, 2013 Chicago, IL/ October 12, 2013 Buffalo, NY/ October 25, 2013 Hartford, CT/ November 23, 2013 Los Angeles, CA/ November 24, 2013 Los Angeles, CA/ November 26, 2013 Oakland, CA/ November 29, 2013 Portland, OR/ November 30, 2013 Spokane, WA
  • Options
    lyearslyears Posts: 212

i understand...no question,usa tour must be 1st priority for the band,need to do a tour

You'd think if they had a new album out some time next year the US would get some shows first. Maybe depends on if Soundgarden have a long album tour coming up.. I can see MC being busy next year!
    Hyde Park 25/06/10 - Manchester 20/06/12 - Leeds 08/07/14
  • Options
    lellopjlellopj Posts: 233
    Download promoter Andy Copping has confirmed that our third headliner will be announced today - at 10am!
    no matter how cold the winter there's a springtime ahead
  • Options
    I can also confirm that day tickets will be available around March 2013 so I am going to try and get one of those for £80 or so because I cannot really spend £200 for one night only. :D
    London 02 18/09/2009 London Hyde Park 25/06/2010 Arras 03/07/2010 Werchter 04/07/2010 Manchester 21/06/2012 Amsterdam 26/06/2012 Stockholm 07/07/2012 Portland 29/11/2013 Spokane 30/11/2013 Amsterdam 16/06/14 Leeds 08/07/14 London 02 Arena 18/06/2018 London 02 Arena 17/07/2018 London Hyde Park 08/07/2022 London Hyde Park 09/07/2022
  • Options
    lellopj wrote:
    Download promoter Andy Copping has confirmed that our third headliner will be announced today - at 10am!
    8-)
  • Options
    Its a good thing I have my summers off now! I can travel again this summer-- but was really hoping for US tour as I have a lot of friends and family that I promised I would take to see PJ and they wont go to Europe :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: ... Its ok, though, because I have new friends in Europe! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
    :D ..you are family Sarah for sure..!!
  • Options
    TigaSefi wrote:
    I can also confirm that day tickets will be available around March 2013 so I am going to try and get one of those for £80 or so because I cannot really spend £200 for one night only. :D
    its a good sign,that all those medal bullshit fans want to sell there tic in facebook,if its pearl jam..hehhehehehhehhehhe
  • Options
    Dimi I want to see PJ in Greece!! Have always wanted to visit Italy and Greece and that IS THE ONLY REASON-- TO SEE PEARL JAM AND THE JAMILY!!
    let them put greece on their tour..and ill take care of all for you.. :)
  • Options
    Slipknot are the 3rd headliner at download

awesome ..ill save money for usa tour!!!!! :lol::lol:
  • Options
    Okey dokey peeps, sorry to burst your bubble but Andy Copping's just announced the third DL headliner is Slipknot :cry: Cool third headliner for the festival although PJ would've secured my ticket this year and brought some variety to the Maiden/Rammstein combo, in my opinion.
    Wembley Arena 2007;
    O2 Arena 2009;
    Hyde Park 2010,
    Manchester 20 June 2012
    Manchester 21 June 2012
    Amsterdam 26 June 2012
    Amsterdam 27 June 2012
    Leeds 2014
    Milton Keynes 2014
  • Options
    KathiKathi Posts: 1,828

just checked as well :fp: :fp:

baah...I'm still hoping for a european tour...I don't want to spend lots of money to experience a show from like 59687 rows back. :nono:
  • Options
    Kathi wrote:

baah...I'm still hoping for a european tour...I don't want to spend lots of money to experience a show from like 59687 rows back. :nono:
    i dont give a shit girl..u know why??
    cos ill see my friends in the usa..
    and we will have the best fun..
    oh..not to mention that after sunday at missoula,more will ask for GA SHOWS AT USA..HEHEHHEHEHEHEHE
  • Options
    MojoJojo wrote:
    Okey dokey peeps, sorry to burst your bubble but Andy Copping's just announced the third DL headliner is Slipknot :cry: Cool third headliner for the festival although PJ would've secured my ticket this year and brought some variety to the Maiden/Rammstein combo, in my opinion.
    sorry,not worth the money for that sleepknot :lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    Next year will without doubt be USA & Australia/NZ tours as these are a long time coming.
    I'm calling #PJEUROTOUR2014

Hopefully no more festivals as those set lists were nothing in comparison to the arena shows they did.
    Sealed vinyl is bad vinyl.
    1996 Wmbly London
    2006 Jools Holland, London / Reading festival
    2007 Wmbly London
    2009 SBE London / O2 London
    2012 MEN 1/ MEN 2 / Berlin 1 / Berlin 2 / EV LDN 1 / EV LDN 2
    2013 NY 1/ NY 2 / Philly 1 / Philly 2
    2014 AMS 1 / AMS 2 / Leeds / MK
    2017 EV LDN 1 / EV LDN 2
    2018 LDN 1 / BCN / LDN 2
    2022 LDN 1 / LDN 2
  • Options
    btw.while u guys waiting,join the christmas fun to this :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
    viewtopic.php?f=14&t=196093
  • Options
    Next year will without doubt be USA & Australia/NZ tours as these are a long time coming.
    I'm calling #PJEUROTOUR2014

Hopefully no more festivals as those set lists were nothing in comparison to the arena shows they did.
    lets see!! :)
  • Options
    guypjfreakguypjfreak Posts: 2,281
    MojoJojo wrote:

it seems that vodaphone was just trying to sell more tickets using by saying pj where playing .....is that legal ??
  • Options
    guypjfreak wrote:
    MojoJojo wrote:

it seems that vodaphone was just trying to sell more tickets using by saying pj where playing .....is that legal ??
    a friend just told me the same right now at facebook..
  • Options
    WhyNotSwedenWhyNotSweden Sweden Posts: 4,269
    -95, Stockholm (MirrorBall Tour)
    -00, Stockholm
    -07, Copenhagen
    -09, Berlin
    -10, Berlin
    -11, East Troy 1+2
    -12, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen, EV London 2
    -13, London, Chicago
    -14, Amsterdam 1+2, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo
    -16, TOTD San Francisco 1+2
    -17, EV Amsterdam 2+3
    -18, Amsterdam 1+2, London 1+(2), Barcelona, London 2
    -19, EV Brussels

• Options
    KathiKathi Posts: 1,828
    Kathi wrote:

i dont give a shit girl..u know why??
    cos ill see my friends in the usa..
    and we will have the best fun..
    oh..not to mention that after sunday at missoula,more will ask for GA SHOWS AT USA..HEHEHHEHEHEHEHE

yeah...but you won't get to see the show with your friends. or at least not all of them. which is the best part about it!
    but yeah, maybe they get the GA bug after missoula... ;)
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    Knew it...My shoes were safe all along
  • Options
    Brisk. wrote:
    Knew it...My shoes were safe all along
    barefoot is better ;)

btw,awesome marketing to sell more tix..accidentall the put pj name on it..hehhe