Options

EURO TOUR 2013???..no download.

Comments

• Options
    Listen to the Pearl Jam show from Columbus back during the 2000 tour.

During the Encore Break, Eddie mentions Mike running for US President and how it'd be "cool to have a president who could play all of Iron Maiden, and all of Black Sabbath, and Van Halen, and all."

Later on during the show, Mike plays a bit of an Iron Maiden riff. The YL ending gets the "Unchained" Van Halen treatment.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158

During the Encore Break, Eddie mentions Mike running for US President and how it'd be "cool to have a president who could play all of Iron Maiden, and all of Black Sabbath, and Van Halen, and all."

Later on during the show, Mike plays a bit of an Iron Maiden riff. The YL ending gets the "Unchained" Van Halen treatment.
    you just know that im puting right away to listen Columbus 00 show,right..??you just know.. :D
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options

"ofcourse will put touring on hold and recording will take a back seat to the country's needs but what the fuck? :lol::lol:
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options

you just know that im puting right away to listen Columbus 00 show,right..??you just know.. :D

Oh, how I now wish I went to that show. At the time, I only knew 2-3 songs and I think I had to wake up early the next day for school, so I didn't go.

It would have been something I probably wouldn't have liked then, but would have appreciated now.

Sonic Youth opened. :)
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options

"ofcourse will put touring on hold and recording will take a back seat to the country's needs but what the fuck? :lol::lol:

Listen closely...

"BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!"

:lol::lol:
  • Options
    08/21/00 – Polaris Amphitheater: Columbus, OH
    attendance: 20,000
    support act: Sonic Youth
    set: Breakerfall, Whipping, Spin The Black Circle, Hail Hail, Corduroy, In My Tree, Dissident, Given To Fly, Nothing As It Seems, Grievance, Light Years, Daughter/(Hold On)/(Androgynous Mind), Lukin, Wishlist, Off He Goes, (Romanza)/Better Man, State of Love and Trust, Insignificance, Rearviewmirror
    enc 1: Present Tense, Last Exit, Once, Elderly Woman, Leatherman, Nothingman, Porch
    enc 2: Last Kiss, Yellow Ledbetter
    notes: Ed talks about how there are a lot of schools in that part of Ohio and how they are happy to “be playing for a crowd full of intellectuals …” ‘Lukin’ is jokingly billed as ‘another sing along’. As with other shows the “quarter to ten” line in ‘Off He Goes’ again is exactly at a quarter to ten. Before ‘Insignificance,’ Ed takes off his button-down shirt to reveal a sleeveless Dead Moon tshirt, showing off his arms. After the main set, thousands of lighters are lit in the crowd, and remained lit during the entire time before the band returns for the encore. When they walk out for the first encore, Ed says, “Jesus Christ, there’s a lot of you! … “This many people, you could start a revolution,” and holds up a shirt someone threw up that says “McCready for President.” He says it would be good to have a president who could play Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath and Van Halen; “It would put touring on hold and recording would take a back seat to the country’s needs, but what the fuck.” He then points to a Ralph Nader shirt and says it’s a little more likely. “… it would be great if everyone voted because if you don’t vote, then you can’t like bitch about it after … politics and beer, it goes great together … speaking of the president elect … we’re gonna start a song together here and it’s dedicated to all those out there who might find themselves on the wrong end of a losing streak,” leading to ‘Present Tense.’ Before ‘Elderly Woman’ Ed speaks of how the next stop is New York City “… and we’re not gonna play this song there.” He mentions that New York is great because that’s where Sonic Youth is from and how Sonic Youth played to the most beautiful sunset (that he videotaped) that evening. Ed forgets the last verse of ‘Leatherman’ and sings, “la la la la” instead. Ed puts Mike on his back for the end of ‘Porch,’ carrying him to the other side of the stage and setting him down near Stone. Mike mixes some of Black Sabbath’s ‘Children of the Grave’ and Van Halen’s ‘Unchained’ into the ‘YL’ ending.

http://www.twofeetthick.com/style/image ... lumbus.gif

(And they ended up playing "Small Town" in NY and even talked about how they wouldn't!)
  • Options

Listen closely...

"BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!"

:lol::lol:
    porch fuckin rocks.... ;)

if you dont vote,you cant bitch for the after... :lol::lol:
    beer and politics goes great together..let me tell you.. :lol:
    Speaking of president McCready,we will start a song together!!
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    I'll eat my shoes if they play Download festival.
  • Options
    Unsealed
    On a wayside letter said
    I don't have to ever feel him again oh no
    On the wayside on the front side of the letter said
    I don't have to ever feel this way again oh no
    On the wayside I'd like to wish it all away yeah
    Oh and I tried and I phoned and I know that I'm never gonna feel this way again oh no
    On the wayside on the front side of the letter said
    I don't I don't know whether I was a boxer or the bag
    Oh yeah hey...hey
    Can you see them
    Out on the porch yeah
    But they don't wave
    But I see them
    Round the front way yeah heah
    And I know and I know I don't wanna stay

I see them
    I'd like to wish it all away yeah
    And it's the only thing that's on my mind I better wait for another day oh no
    On the back side of the front side of the letter said
    I don't I don't know whether I was a boxer or the bag
    Oh yeah hey...hey
    Can you see them
    Out on the porch yeah
    But they don't wave
    But I see them
    Round the front way yeah yeah
    And I know and I know I wouldn't mind stain' at all
    I wouldn't mind if I had to stay
    Lord I can't stay
    I don't wanna stay
    No no no
    Oh ho oh oh oh...oh ho oh oh oh oh oh oh

It's interesting to go back to this era of YL. No mention of "brother" or "war". No US national anthem.

After Iraq/Afghanistan wars?? Different story.
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,773
    edited September 2012
    porch fuckin rocks.... ;)

if you dont vote,you cant bitch for the after... :lol::lol:
    beer and politics goes great together..let me tell you.. :lol:
    Speaking of president McCready,we will start a song together!!

This is very very true.

If you don't vote...you have no grounds to complain. Speak up! Let your voice be heard! If you snooze, you lose.

Even during the last night of that same tour in Seattle, Eddie says: "If you don't vote, let them put that on your fuckin' tombstone... Jack Smith...didn't vote."

Daughter..everyone sings...

"Great job singing...here's another singalong"

"YAYHAYEAESYGRGA YAH YAH YAH YAHY AYHY YEAHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHH

I'MMA GO LUKIN'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FUKKIN' GUN!!!"

:shock:
    Post edited by Lost In Ohio on
  • Options
    Brisk. wrote:
    wait for me,will eat them together.. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    Brisk. wrote:

Hahaha hopefully during Breath?

But yeah they may as well milk up Download seeing they've played very other festival.
  • Options
    Brisk. wrote:
    Brisk. wrote:

Hahaha hopefully during Breath?

But yeah they may as well milk up Download seeing they've played very other festival.
    hehe..that Breath that day at Venice was on of the best times ever..
    and yeah..they was at the same festival with maiden at 07
  • Options
    Here's hoping for a US tour in 2013, Europe in 2014...

After vacationing to Amsterdam (and Belgium) this summer, I don't think that the missus will be allowing a transatlantic flight to see PJ next year. I've pretty much been told that our vacation next year will involve a beach with Caribbean blue water...so selfishly I hold out hope that the South has earned some respect after Atlanta this weekend and I can keep her happy by only having to take a day or 2 for my annual PJ fix.

Not that I don't want to travel to Europe again, it was a beautiful place and we met some great people! I am actually looking forward to doing it again someday!
    "Then the Spirit of God hovered over the water, and God said, Let there be music, and there was Pearl Jam."

Whose idea was it for the word "Lisp" to have an "S" in it?
  • Options

After vacationing to Amsterdam (and Belgium) this summer, I don't think that the missus will be allowing a transatlantic flight to see PJ next year. I've pretty much been told that our vacation next year will involve a beach with Caribbean blue water...so selfishly I hold out hope that the South has earned some respect after Atlanta this weekend and I can keep her happy by only having to take a day or 2 for my annual PJ fix.

Not that I don't want to travel to Europe again, it was a beautiful place and we met some great people! I am actually looking forward to doing it again someday!
    i was thinking,that if this is true..well,i believe will have a repeat of 2010 ..3 weeks shows at usa,3 -4 weeks break and 2-3 weeks in europe with festivals
  • Options

i was thinking,that if this is true..well,i believe will have a repeat of 2010 ..3 weeks shows at usa,3 -4 weeks break and 2-3 weeks in europe with festivals

BUT...if the new album comes out next year, then hopefully more shows. Maybe part of USA, then Europe, then another part of USA.
  • Options
    binaural2002binaural2002 Germany Posts: 2,367
    BUT...if the new album comes out next year, then hopefully more shows. Maybe part of USA, then Europe, then another part of USA.
    That´s would be the thing I like most. A little US tour, a BIG Europe tour, Southamerica, the rest of the US tour
    Pearl Jam 11 / 306 / 121
    96 Zurich - 00 RaR - 07 Munich - 10 Berlin - 12 Berlin² - 14 Amsterdam² Berlin - 18 Berlin - 22 Zurich
    Eddie Vedder 1 / 27 / 27
    19 Düsseldorf
    Watch my videos on YouTube
    Pearl Jam/ Eddie Vedder Setlist-statistics in Google Drive-document >>>click here<<<
  • Options
    maya_vmaya_v Sofia, Bulgaria Posts: 59
    edited September 2012
    Hope these rumours are true and they put also arena shows, not only festivals. It would be great if they play in countries in Europe that they have never played before or only once, I mean on the Balkans - Bulgaria, Greece, Romania, Serbia...in any case I have to start saving money for PJ Euro 2013 trips. :D I also have Depeche Mode Euro 2013 trips, so hard times are coming for my bank account. :)
    Post edited by maya_v on
    Amsterdam 26/06/2012, Amsterdam 27/06/2012, Milan 20/06/2014, Padova 24/06/2018, Berlin 21/06/2022
  • Options
    deftonesdeftones Athens, Greece Posts: 2,444
    Play Greece please!!!
    ATHENS / 30-9-2006, MANCHESTER / 20-6-2012, MANCHESTER / 21-6-2012, AMSTERDAM / 16-6-2014, AMSTERDAM / 17-6-2014, AMSTERDAM / 12-6-2018, AMSTERDAM / 13-6-2018, PRAGUE / 1-7-2018, KRAKOW / 3-7-2018, BERLIN / 5-7-2018
  • Options
    KathiKathi Posts: 1,828

That's my guess as well. Some festivals, and some European shows of their own mixed in.

And yes, please do tour different parts of Europe...I suggest Croatia and/or Serbia, Czech Republic (yeah I know they've just been there, but it's PRAGUE ;) ), Poland, Austria, and the obviously always needed Berlin show. :D and Amsterdam cause they love it and I want to go to ziggo dome again! ;)
  • Options
    ChrisileinChrisilein Vienna/Austria Posts: 3,878
    Kathi wrote:

That's my guess as well. Some festivals, and some European shows of their own mixed in.

And yes, please do tour different parts of Europe...I suggest Croatia and/or Serbia, Czech Republic (yeah I know they've just been there, but it's PRAGUE ;) ), Poland, Austria, and the obviously always needed Berlin show. :D and Amsterdam cause they love it and I want to go to ziggo dome again! ;)

i have absolutely no problem with Austria! ;)
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • Options
    binaural2002binaural2002 Germany Posts: 2,367
    Chrisilein wrote:
    i have absolutely no problem with Austria! ;)
    Me too. It´s not far away from Munich! ;) First Munich, then Vienna, then up in the north to Hamburg and Berlin!
    Pearl Jam 11 / 306 / 121
    96 Zurich - 00 RaR - 07 Munich - 10 Berlin - 12 Berlin² - 14 Amsterdam² Berlin - 18 Berlin - 22 Zurich
    Eddie Vedder 1 / 27 / 27
    19 Düsseldorf
    Watch my videos on YouTube
    Pearl Jam/ Eddie Vedder Setlist-statistics in Google Drive-document >>>click here<<<
  • Options
    viewtopic.php?f=5&t=196393
    Vodafone Preferred Member Update Email has confirmed Pearl Jam as Headlining Download Festival June 2013
  • Options
    KathiKathi Posts: 1,828
    http://community.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=196393
    Vodafone Preferred Member Update Email has confirmed Pearl Jam as Headlining Download Festival June 2013

:D:D:D
  • Options
    WhyNotSwedenWhyNotSweden Sweden Posts: 4,269
    -95, Stockholm (MirrorBall Tour)
    -00, Stockholm
    -07, Copenhagen
    -09, Berlin
    -10, Berlin
    -11, East Troy 1+2
    -12, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen, EV London 2
    -13, London, Chicago
    -14, Amsterdam 1+2, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo
    -16, TOTD San Francisco 1+2
    -17, EV Amsterdam 2+3
    -18, Amsterdam 1+2, London 1+(2), Barcelona, London 2
    -19, EV Brussels

• Options
    got a friend phonecall from uk....works music intustry...

told me ..seeya at Donington ......
  • Options
    guypjfreakguypjfreak Posts: 2,281
    ive got no friends but im told to meet them at Glastonbury :lol::lol: i wish i really really wish but i dont think download is a pj festi :corn:

and thinking about it the set list would have to be mostly made up from 10 and Vs downloads audience are quite young and probably wouldnt even know most of PJ s stuff .i may be wronge but thats just how i feel
  • Options
    guypjfreak wrote:
    ive got no friends but im told to meet them at Glastonbury :lol::lol: i wish i really really wish but i dont think download is a pj festi :corn:

and thinking about it the set list would have to be mostly made up from 10 and Vs downloads audience are quite young and probably wouldnt even know most of PJ s stuff .i may be wronge but thats just how i feel
    while you thinking,Vodaphone has vip ticket for pearl jam at Download festival for their members.. ;)
    http://i50.tinypic.com/24fn4sh.jpg
  • Options
    Murderers.Murderers. Posts: 1,382
    How much are day tickets to Download usually?
    What the fuck is this world?