Traveling south.. any recommendations?

2»

Comments

• __ Posts: 6,651
    Corky's is okay. They are essentially a chain. Check out Central BBQ in Memphis, that is freaking amazing.

Central BBQ is my other favorite! :thumbup: You guys are making me hungry! :)
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Eye contact. Still standing behind that. :lol:
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    tybird wrote:
    The Smokies are great....as long as you avoid the tourist traps of Seiverville, Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg.

haha ... pigeon forge ... all you can eat cat fish and fried chicken ... :oops:
  • And beef jerky outlets. I love beef jerky, but these just seem weird.
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    polaris_x wrote:
    tybird wrote:
    The Smokies are great....as long as you avoid the tourist traps of Seiverville, Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg.

One of many reasons to avoid it :twisted:
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • tybird wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:
    tybird wrote:

The traffic is fucking horrible.
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    tybird wrote:
    ]
    tybird wrote:

The traffic is fucking horrible.
    We stay in Townsend, Tennessee....the quiet side of the Smokies.....easy access to Cade's Cove
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Posts: 14,352
    Great suggestions so far :thumbup: We still have time to plan, that is good. But I can't wait to get over there to do it! I've never been to the south, I'm also looking forward to seeing some pretty houses and the landscape. And I defo want to try pulled pork! This is going to be an awesome trip :mrgreen:
  • __ Posts: 6,651
    I haven't actually read this yet, but just ran across it & thought it might be useful/interesting:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/larryolmste ... emphis-tn/