Secret Santa 2012

Comments

• EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    I was weak. I couldn't wait until Christmas. This photo does not express the awesomeness of my gifts. FiFi Ireland did a super-fabulous job. Grow your own shamrocks (I will). Chocolate. Two Christmas ornaments, one with a space to put a photo - what to choose? Pearl Jam perhaps? A gorgeous card with English and Gaelic greetings. And a Guinness key chain bottle opener thing that yes indeed-y I have already used. (The weird candy cane house wasn't part of the SS - it's "decor.")

The Titanic stick of rock will go on my shelf of Titanic stuff (I'll post a picture of that later).

Thanks again, Fiona. What a great gift and I hope we can meet one day. At a concert. I'll bring the bottle opener.

photo-41.jpg
  • Enkidu wrote:
    I was weak. I couldn't wait until Christmas. This photo does not express the awesomeness of my gifts. FiFi Ireland did a super-fabulous job. Grow your own shamrocks (I will). Chocolate. Two Christmas ornaments, one with a space to put a photo - what to choose? Pearl Jam perhaps? A gorgeous card with English and Gaelic greetings. And a Guinness key chain bottle opener thing that yes indeed-y I have already used. (The weird candy cane house wasn't part of the SS - it's "decor.")

The Titanic stick of rock will go on my shelf of Titanic stuff (I'll post a picture of that later).

Thanks again, Fiona. What a great gift and I hope we can meet one day. At a concert. I'll bring the bottle opener.

photo-41.jpg
    :thumbup: :clap::clap::clap:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • So many awesome pressies. Way to go people :thumbup: :wave:
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • morellomorello Posts: 6,212
    WOW my secret santa arrived today & WOW! Buttt.... you didn't write your 10c name lovely secret santa &I'm not sure if you want your real name broadcast to all so you shall for now remain nameless special secret santa!! :) But the present is FAB!!! I got:
    Mad Season River of Deceit record!! I will spin spin spin asap!!
    Gardening tools(trowel, mini trowel & mini fork) + gardening gloves!! I'm a big time gardener so my secret santa has researched this &&&& I've been having trouble with trowels disappearing on me recently & have been meaning to buy more so YAY!!
    A wee hand care set of cuticle cream, hand creme, hand repair creme & cotton gloves to help my hands after I've been gardening!! :D
    A gorgeous cookbook - "New York. Authentic recipes celebrating the foods of the world" that looks fabulous!! I LOVED NYC when I was there last year after PJ20 so YAY again & THANK-YOU!!
    & the garden tools were in a gorgeous little cloth bag with embroidery & sequins on the outside!! I love reusable bags!! Don't hardly ever use plastic bags anymore so I can use this for taking my lunch to work, or cardigan when the weather's unsettled!!
    &&& finally(I hope I haven't forgotten anything) a gorgeous PJ Xmas decoration! A round white Christmas bauble with Pearl Jam song title letters stuck all over the outside!!
    WOW!
    So many GORGEOUS things!!! & a lovely card with a lovely message in it!!
    WOW! WOW! WOW! & YAY! & THANK-YOU!!! && do PM me my lovely secret santa so I can thank you more personally!!
    & now a quick picture I took this afternoon:
    SecretSantapresent2012-1.jpg
    THANK-YOU SECRET SANTA!!! :D Jeez this club is fabulous! Every year I have got such lovely secret santa presents & so much more!
    MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!! :D
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • AdidiAdidi Posts: 31
    I'm pretty worried about my package... Sent it Sunday morning by Express Mail Service, which suppose to reach its destination in 2-3 days, and just now I received a text message that says it's on process of getting released from custom office... I wrote very low costs (maybe too much?...) on the declaration so it won't be charged with duty, and I really hope it's o.k and my person gets it as soon as possible with no need to pay for it :?
    *** Landgraaf 12.6.00 *** Sydney 11.2.03 *** Sydney 13.2.03 *** Sydney 14.2.03 *** Adelaide 16.2.03 *** Melbourne 18.2.03 *** Melbourne 19.2.03 *** Melbourne 20.2.03 *** Berlin 4.7.12 *** Berlin 5.7.12 ***
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    edited December 2012
    SECRET SANTA 12 RECEIVED GIFT LIST

FRIENDS WITH THE RED AT THE RIGHT ON THE LIST CONFIRMED TO ME OR POST TO THE THREAD THAT THEY RECEIVED THEIR CHRISTMAS GIFT!!!! :)

1.Dimitris #
    2.StillHere #
    3.Umbertotamba # 26.LarsK13
    4.Black Diamond #
    5.rafie # 30.Owl
    6.Princess Bulldozer # 21.1Vedhead
    7.mfc2006 # 4.Black Diamond
    8.Mamasan23 # 78.of.the.girl
    9.Released1980 # 45. Green Circle
    10.Loulou # 32.hgpjam11
    11.Sprunkn7 #
    12.Mickeyrat #
    13.AlbertaGirl70_ # 9.Released1980
    14.WhoPrincess # 16.yourLIFEmadeusSTARS
    15.Irish1313 #
    16.yourLIFEmadeusSTARS # 33. guitar59
    17.vduboise # 31.Morello
    18.wolfbear # 67.Whispering hands
    19.kellanazzie # 40. Om Remedy
    20.Mahndog #
    21.1Vedhead #
    22.Maynardsux #
    23.Adidi #
    24.fifi ireland # 34. Enkidu
    25.pearljgirl2010 # 51.drinkbigredinstead‏#
    26.LarsK13 # 29.Coachchris
    27.RedMosquito75 #
    28.Dottles # 2.StillHere
    29.Coachchris #
    30.Owl # 81.mensane
    31.Morello # 35. Leezestarr313
    32.hgpjam11# 14.WhoPrincess
    33. guitar59 # 20.Mahndog
    34. Enkidu # 72.HEX
    35. Leezestarr313 # 46. RYEzupSF
    36. tallman72 # 42. Eeriepadave
    37. Totaledheadhead # 66.bluegrace
    38. PJStatTracker # 70.theserialthrilla
    39. lorifreud # 8.Mamasan23
    40. Om Remedy.# 15.Irish1313
    41. pandora #
    42. Eeriepadave #
    43. Sweet Lou 14 #
    44. barger395 # 7.mfc2006
    45. Green Circle #
    46. RYEzupSF # 6.Princess Bulldozer
    47. thefixer9 # 80.PJ PIXIE
    48. Claireack # 19.kellanazzie
    49.radar#
    50.PatrickBateman # 53.eMMI
    51.drinkbigredinstead‏ #
    52.mindi #
    53.eMMI # 28.Dottles
    54.bionicamy # 3.Umbertotamba
    55.JBii # 63.JzP
    56. get_axel_some #
    57. Tinkerbell
    58. good names r taken # 12.Mickeyrat
    59. Caveeze # 62.Irish Al
    60. its just gish # 54.bionicamy
    61. ruairis mum # 64.mortonbayfig
    62.Irish Al #
    63.JzP # 47.thefixer9
    64.mortonbayfig # 41. pandora
    65.Aga81 #
    66.bluegrace # 73.unlost dogs
    67.Whispering hands #
    68.Linner44 # 39. lorifreud
    69.Light_of_Stars #
    70.theserialthrilla # 71.boyo79
    71.boyo79 # 38. PJStatTracker
    72.HEX #
    73.unlost dogs # 84. RKCNDY
    74. Katyz #
    75.pktrekgirl # 79.rpeche
    76.Sonja_S‏ # 86.JK12093
    77.skanji32 #
    78.of.the.girl #
    79.rpeche #
    80.PJ PIXIE # 69.Light_of_Stars
    81.mensane # 49.radar
    82. LR41826 #
    83. myra #
    84. RKCNDY‏#
    85. Fifthelement # 60.its just gish
    86.JK12093 ‏#
    Post edited by dimitrispearljam on
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Adidi wrote:
    I'm pretty worried about my package... Sent it Sunday morning by Express Mail Service, which suppose to reach its destination in 2-3 days, and just now I received a text message that says it's on process of getting released from custom office... I wrote very low costs (maybe too much?...) on the declaration so it won't be charged with duty, and I really hope it's o.k and my person gets it as soon as possible with no need to pay for it :?
    ok..i understand that they said to you 2-3 days,but seriously,there is no way to arrive in 2-3 days..
    its holidays season,and 2-3 days only is really impossible ,cos i know whaere is nthe destination you ship your package..1 day is only the airtravel..and if you ship it like late afternoon your day,means that day is lost...and 2-3 days will count from the next day
    ill be in touch with your person,and ill let you know asap i have news..no worries,ok? :)
  • morello wrote:
    WOW my secret santa arrived today & WOW! Buttt.... you didn't write your 10c name lovely secret santa &I'm not sure if you want your real name broadcast to all so you shall for now remain nameless special secret santa!! :) But the present is FAB!!! I got:
    Gardening tools(trowel, mini trowel & mini fork) + gardening gloves!! I'm a big time gardener so my secret santa has researched this &&&& I've been having trouble with trowels disappearing on me recently & have been meaning to buy more so YAY!!
    A wee hand care set of cuticle cream, hand creme, hand repair creme & cotton gloves to help my hands after I've been gardening!! :D
    A gorgeous cookbook - "New York. Authentic recipes celebrating the foods of the world" that looks fabulous!! I LOVED NYC when I was there last year after PJ20 so YAY again & THANK-YOU!!
    & the garden tools were in a gorgeous little cloth bag with embroidery & sequins on the outside!! I love reusable bags!! Don't hardly ever use plastic bags anymore so I can use this for taking my lunch to work, or cardigan when the weather's unsettled!!
    &&& finally(I hope I haven't forgotten anything) a gorgeous PJ Xmas decoration! A round white Christmas bauble with Pearl Jam song title letters stuck all over the outside!!
    WOW!
    WOW! WOW! WOW! & YAY! & THANK-YOU!!! && do PM me my lovely secret santa so I can thank you more personally!!
    THANK-YOU SECRET SANTA!!! :D Jeez this club is fabulous! Every year I have got such lovely secret santa presents & so much more!
    awesome!!!so great gifts this year!! :)
    Adidi wrote:
    ok..i understand that they said to you 2-3 days,but seriously,there is no way to arrive in 2-3 days..
    its holidays season,and 2-3 days only is really impossible ,cos i know whaere is nthe destination you ship your package..1 day is only the airtravel..and if you ship it like late afternoon your day,means that day is lost...and 2-3 days will count from the next day
    ill be in touch with your person,and ill let you know asap i have news..no worries,ok? :)

Thanks Dimi,
    I shipped it early in the morning, and since it's a special fast service they promise it only takes 2-3 day to this specific destination, but I guess I've been fooled :roll:
    Most important, I really hope there's no problem with the custom and that they didn't open the package and ruined it... Crossing fingers!!!
    *** Landgraaf 12.6.00 *** Sydney 11.2.03 *** Sydney 13.2.03 *** Sydney 14.2.03 *** Adelaide 16.2.03 *** Melbourne 18.2.03 *** Melbourne 19.2.03 *** Melbourne 20.2.03 *** Berlin 4.7.12 *** Berlin 5.7.12 ***
  • Adidi wrote:
    Adidi wrote:

Thanks Dimi,
    I shipped it early in the morning, and since it's a special fast service they promise it only takes 2-3 day to this specific destination, but I guess I've been fooled :roll:
    Most important, I really hope there's no problem with the custom and that they didn't open the package and ruined it... Crossing fingers!!!
    ok,ill sent you a pm,so you sent me the tracking number so we see how it goes,
    sometimes takes hours to update the system..
    last week a package i sent received at 11 am and the system update that delivered at 6:30 PM
  • btw,adidi,its still like 6 am at east cost,so today packagesnot start delivering yhet..and at west cost its in the mindle of the night,3 am
    ill be in touch with your person,and ill let you know asap i have news..no worries,ok? :)[/quote]

Thanks Dimi,
    Most important, I really hope there's no problem with the custom and that they didn't open the package and ruined it... Crossing fingers!!![/quote]
    ok,ill sent you a pm,so you sent me the tracking number so we see how it goes,
    sometimes takes hours to update the system..
    last week a package i sent received at 11 am and the system update that delivered at 6:30 PM[/quote]

Thank You So Much for your care and help! :) I'm tracking it in the net and I also receive updates by text messages to my cellular phone... In both it says that it's "Inbound Into Customs", so all we can do is hope for good!
    Thanks again mate ;)
    btw,adidi,its still like 6 am at east cost,so today packagesnot start delivering yhet..and at west cost its in the mindle of the night,3 am

:D Yeah, You're right! :D
  • Adidi wrote:
    Thank You So Much for your care and help! :) I'm tracking it in the net and I also receive updates by text messages to my cellular phone... In both it says that it's "Inbound Into Customs", so all we can do is hope for good!
    Thanks again mate ;)
    sure,Anything you need,just let me know,here,pm,hotmail,facebook,etc :)
  • Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,286
    Adidi...I was told a six day delivery...and so not true! It's been almost 2 weeks and mine still has not reached it's destination!
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
    Adidi wrote:
    Thanks again mate ;)
    sure,Anything you need,just let me know,here,pm,hotmail,facebook,etc :)

You Rock!!! :D
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    edited December 2012
    SECRET SANTA 12 RECEIVED GIFT LIST

FRIENDS WITH THE RED AT THE RIGHT ON THE LIST CONFIRMED TO ME OR POST TO THE THREAD THAT THEY RECEIVED THEIR CHRISTMAS GIFT!!!! :)

1.Dimitris #
    2.StillHere #
    3.Umbertotamba # 26.LarsK13
    4.Black Diamond #
    5.rafie # 30.Owl
    6.Princess Bulldozer # 21.1Vedhead
    7.mfc2006 # 4.Black Diamond
    8.Mamasan23 # 78.of.the.girl
    9.Released1980 # 45. Green Circle
    10.Loulou # 32.hgpjam11
    11.Sprunkn7 #
    12.Mickeyrat #
    13.AlbertaGirl70_ # 9.Released1980
    14.WhoPrincess # 16.yourLIFEmadeusSTARS
    15.Irish1313 #
    16.yourLIFEmadeusSTARS # 33. guitar59
    17.vduboise # 31.Morello
    18.wolfbear # 67.Whispering hands
    19.kellanazzie # 40. Om Remedy
    20.Mahndog #
    21.1Vedhead #
    22.Maynardsux #
    23.Adidi #
    24.fifi ireland # 34. Enkidu
    25.pearljgirl2010 # 51.drinkbigredinstead‏#
    26.LarsK13 # 29.Coachchris
    27.RedMosquito75 #
    28.Dottles # 2.StillHere
    29.Coachchris # 24.fifi ireland
    30.Owl # 81.mensane
    31.Morello # 35. Leezestarr313
    32.hgpjam11# 14.WhoPrincess
    33. guitar59 # 20.Mahndog
    34. Enkidu # 72.HEX
    35. Leezestarr313 # 46. RYEzupSF
    36. tallman72 # 42. Eeriepadave
    37. Totaledheadhead # 66.bluegrace
    38. PJStatTracker # 70.theserialthrilla
    39. lorifreud # 8.Mamasan23
    40. Om Remedy.# 15.Irish1313
    41. pandora #
    42. Eeriepadave #
    43. Sweet Lou 14 #
    44. barger395 # 7.mfc2006
    45. Green Circle #
    46. RYEzupSF # 6.Princess Bulldozer
    47. thefixer9 # 80.PJ PIXIE
    48. Claireack # 19.kellanazzie
    49.radar#
    50.PatrickBateman # 53.eMMI
    51.drinkbigredinstead‏ #
    52.mindi #
    53.eMMI # 28.Dottles
    54.bionicamy # 3.Umbertotamba
    55.JBii # 63.JzP
    56. get_axel_some #
    57. Tinkerbell
    58. good names r taken # 12.Mickeyrat
    59. Caveeze # 62.Irish Al
    60. its just gish # 54.bionicamy
    61. ruairis mum # 64.mortonbayfig
    62.Irish Al #
    63.JzP # 47.thefixer9
    64.mortonbayfig # 41. pandora
    65.Aga81 #
    66.bluegrace # 73.unlost dogs
    67.Whispering hands #
    68.Linner44 # 39. lorifreud
    69.Light_of_Stars #
    70.theserialthrilla # 71.boyo79
    71.boyo79 # 38. PJStatTracker
    72.HEX # 50.PatrickBateman
    73.unlost dogs # 84. RKCNDY
    74. Katyz # 82.LR41826
    75.pktrekgirl # 79.rpeche
    76.Sonja_S‏ # 86.JK12093
    77.skanji32 #
    78.of.the.girl #
    79.rpeche #
    80.PJ PIXIE # 69.Light_of_Stars
    81.mensane # 49.radar
    82. LR41826 #
    83. myra #
    84. RKCNDY‏#
    85. Fifthelement # 60.its just gish
    86.JK12093 ‏#
    Post edited by dimitrispearljam on
  • vduboisevduboise Posts: 1,937
    morello wrote:
    WOW!
    Yea!!! I'm so happy it finally made it to you. I was getting a bit worried that it would not make it in time. Yes, I do try to do a little research on my person- That way I can try to get things that they may like.

Have a Merry Christmas and a wonderful new year!
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Chimny.gif the chicky has landed ...

my recipient signed for their package this past weekend 16.gif
  • pandora wrote:

great news!!

i want JB to get his,i dont want to have the last year bad luck!
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    pandora wrote:

great news!!

i want JB to get his,i dont want to have the last year bad luck!
    we are waiting patiently, seems from your handy list
    there are a few still to come.

Good work Sir! :thumbup:
  • pandora wrote:
    we are waiting patiently, seems from your handy list
    there are a few still to come.

Good work Sir! :thumbup:
    i just talked with him via email.. :D
    Sprunkn7 wrote:
    Adidi...I was told a six day delivery...and so not true! It's been almost 2 weeks and mine still has not reached it's destination!

Damn, I'm so naive! :fp:
    I was sure that since it's EMS, and this special shipping costs a lot, things will be smooth...
    Oh well, let's hope our packages arrive by Christmas! :o:)
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    What a wonderful Secret Santa package came for me yesterday!!! Big giant hugs & thanks to Claireack!!Thank you sooo much :D Can't wait to curl up & read that book again, so good. Adore my hat, which I shall wear when I go tobogganing this winter. Everybody is gonna love my hat ;) The cute socks I shall have to hide from my daughter!! Stunning picture card, would love to visit one day!! Love it all Claire :thumbup: THANK YOU!!
    SS3-2.jpg
    So much grief & sadness in the world. Hearts aching with loss of loved ones. We all need a place to step into where we can shine & not be afraid. Where we can share some love & respect & all that is good in people. I personally feel extreme gratitude for this community of such people. It helps keep me warm inside when the cold winds of doom sweep across, as they do.
    Merry Christmas & hold your loved ones tight!!
    Peace & Joy

So relieved it got to you in time for Christmas! I must admit I was starting to panic a little bit that it was lost somewhere.

Have a wonderful festive season! :D:D:D:D

P.s I love doing this Secret Santa :D
  • I'm getting surrounded by red names!

The present has been waiting three days for pick up, it's lonely and I'm starting to fear for the worst :cry:

My recipient was on the board this morning....maybe the package got sent to the wrong house :nono: :fp:
    Adolescence in essence is all about trust.
    Leaving is for the answering machine.
  • coachchris wrote:
    I'm getting surrounded by red names!

The present has been waiting three days for pick up, it's lonely and I'm starting to fear for the worst :cry:

My recipient was on the board this morning....maybe the package got sent to the wrong house :nono: :fp:
    ok,let me check with your person
  • coachchris wrote:

your recipient picked it an hour ago from post office..all good :)
  • coachchris wrote:

SO sorry.... i got carried away by glen hansard gigs this week and only got home today....picked up a couple of hours ago

Thanks a million for the gifts
    I am really looking forward to playing the cd. You are a star :-)
    Sorryy for the stress
    I will post photos later...gotta rush out to see lisa hanigan now.....tis a hectic season hehe
    Merry christmas!
    168dcfb.jpg
  • morellomorello Posts: 6,212
    vduboise wrote:
    Yea!!! I'm so happy it finally made it to you. I was getting a bit worried that it would not make it in time. Yes, I do try to do a little research on my person- That way I can try to get things that they may like.

Have a Merry Christmas and a wonderful new year!
    Oh my goodness you got AMAZING things & yes, you definitely did great research!! Thank-you SO much!! :D
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Sprunkn7 wrote:

My "so faithful" postman said 6 days from December 13 and the last tracking I have is:
    Your item has been processed at our origin sort facility at 8:28 am on December 14, 2012 in JAMAICA, NY 11430. :?

Hang on there person from Israel that shall not be named yet, it's comin....... :wave: