Options

"Bates Motel" on A&E....who's in?

Comments

• Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    Yeah, I'm guessing that she is still alive.

No surprise, it's Norman Bates..but cool that they introduced it in that manner.

Yeah, I wouldve burned the belt instead of tossing it in the harbor. Going to get snagged up in fishing lines maybe?

yes! I mean, Dylan's boss had him burn Ethan's truck, I would have burned the belt, they could potentially pull off prints from the belt when it is found. I don't think it would necessarily get caught up in fishing lines (I wouldn't want to eat fish from the marina), might get caught up in a boat propeller, or show up at low tide.

I also question why Norman/Emma/Dylan have not been caught getting on Keith Summers' boat. Usually there is someone (or several) people that live on their boats, and people who do that know everything that goes on at the marina.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    RKCNDY wrote:

No surprise, it's Norman Bates..but cool that they introduced it in that manner.

Yeah, I wouldve burned the belt instead of tossing it in the harbor. Going to get snagged up in fishing lines maybe?

yes! I mean, Dylan's boss had him burn Ethan's truck, I would have burned the belt, they could potentially pull off prints from the belt when it is found. I don't think it would necessarily get caught up in fishing lines (I wouldn't want to eat fish from the marina), might get caught up in a boat propeller, or show up at low tide.

I also question why Norman/Emma/Dylan have not been caught getting on Keith Summers' boat. Usually there is someone (or several) people that live on their boats, and people who do that know everything that goes on at the marina.

This. (Emphasis Added)

They also don't wear gloves, ever. I don't understand some of these decisions. Even giving them the benefit of the doubt that they go late and theyre careful/quiet (which they aren't) and there's no security/boat dwellers/cctv in that particular marina, so they get in and out without being seen - they are still on the boat of a recently deceased individual who is presumed murdered, so at what point does the boat itself become evidence? impounded? or least turned over to the state in lieu of dead guy's next of kin?
    And I really am enjoying the show thus far, there's just so much 'duh' crap involved.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,900
    I had it on, but was doing other stuff and wasn't really paying attention :oops: I'll catch the repeat on demand or something.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    rearviewrossrearviewross Posts: 3,055
    duska3419 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

This. (Emphasis Added)

They also don't wear gloves, ever. I don't understand some of these decisions. Even giving them the benefit of the doubt that they go late and theyre careful/quiet (which they aren't) and there's no security/boat dwellers/cctv in that particular marina, so they get in and out without being seen - they are still on the boat of a recently deceased individual who is presumed murdered, so at what point does the boat itself become evidence? impounded? or least turned over to the state in lieu of dead guy's next of kin?
    And I really am enjoying the show thus far, there's just so much 'duh' crap involved.

Yeah, I was pretty annoyed by the fingerprints all over the boat as well. On top of the other stupid stuff like Norma trying to drive off to the cops house and throwing the belt in the water. Seriously throw if off the bow of the boat where anyone could see or hear it? I thought burying it or burning it would be much safer. Did they find the fiber as well?
    Forced to endure, what I cannot forgive.
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    duska3419 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

This. (Emphasis Added)

Did they find the fiber as well?
    No. We only know that the Deputy removed it from the evidence inventory.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options

Did they find the fiber as well?
    No. We only know that the Deputy removed it from the evidence inventory.[/quote]

and Norma didn't find the carpet that she went to the landfill to find and incinerate or dispose of properly.

this is awesome...I like that we are keeping track of all the 'little off tangents' that some people will forget about. I hope this show doesn't go off in too many directions and then they forget about some things. I hate it when shows go off in so many directions and forget to follow up/finish a story line.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    Bump tonight...one of my favorite new shows.
  • Options
    GAH! :crazy:

so Sheriff Romero was 'supposedly' told 'the truth' and now he is going to help cover up everything?

Bradley told Norman off. Poor Norman had his heart broken, I thought for sure he was going to off her when she went running after her...at least Emma tried to warn him.

The Man in #9/Jake-I think he is the 'ring leader' in the whole slave ring. He needs the entire block of rooms for 'one week a month, every other month, cash up front' and 'we are so quiet, we don't even need someone to come in to clean' Who has that kind of cash on them at any given time?

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    so Sheriff Romero was 'supposedly' told 'the truth' and now he is going to help cover up everything?

I was wondering exactly what they told him. I somehow doubt it was what actually happened, and it seemed odd the way the scene was set up with 'oh yea so now we've told you everything!'
    I dunno what his deal is (the sheriff) but i don't remember him going off into the woods to get the girl's supposedly dead body. He's probably in on the sex trafficking too. creepy.

How fucked up was that dog thing though?

It made me so sad. Did these guys not get the memo with the rules? :nono: You do not, under any circumstance, kill the animals. Just the women! (Thats from seven psychopaths lol) :fp:
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
  • Options
    duska3419 wrote:

I was wondering exactly what they told him. I somehow doubt it was what actually happened, and it seemed odd the way the scene was set up with 'oh yea so now we've told you everything!'
    I dunno what his deal is (the sheriff) but i don't remember him going off into the woods to get the girl's supposedly dead body. He's probably in on the sex trafficking too. creepy.

It made me so sad. Did these guys not get the memo with the rules? :nono: You do not, under any circumstance, kill the animals. Just the women! (Thats from seven psychopaths lol) :fp:

yeah, the way they cut back to the scene was really weird.

The dog storyline, that was really weird and f'ed up. It was living under the porch? Maybe it was Summers' dog or something. What did he end up doing with the dog anyway?

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    RKCNDY wrote:
    duska3419 wrote:

yeah, the way they cut back to the scene was really weird.

The dog storyline, that was really weird and f'ed up. It was living under the porch? Maybe it was Summers' dog or something. What did he end up doing with the dog anyway?

Actually the dog got run over by a truck and they actually showed it. Norman was on one side of the road and the dog, who he named Judo, was on the other. He told the dog to come, it didn't. Then he saw the truck and told the dog to stay which of course she didn't listen and she got run over.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options

Actually the dog got run over by a truck and they actually showed it. Norman was on one side of the road and the dog, who he named Judo, was on the other. He told the dog to come, it didn't. Then he saw the truck and told the dog to stay which of course she didn't listen and she got run over.

I saw that part...I mean when Norman was all "I killed my dog! I killed her!" and Norma runs after him, the guy who hit the dog asks, "Is he alright?" and Norma screams at him, "YES HE'S FINE!" Norman just keeps walking clutching the dog. Where did he go? What did he do with the body?

I'm gonna watch again, I need to see if there are any underlying hints in that scene...it's just too eerie.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options

My captions named the dog "Juno" actually. Which would be a way better name than "Judo" considering it's normal bates lol. I thought Juno was kinda clever, but even symbolism can't justify the dog getting hit by that truck. Cuz first of all, it still wouldn't make sense cuz Norman's still crazy - but more importantly, wtf with the driver guy? He just stands there like 'ummmmmm....'

You know, I think I really didn't like this week's episode. At all. :nono: I'm mad at this show now.
  • Options
    duska3419 wrote:

My captions named the dog "Juno" actually. Which would be a way better name than "Judo" considering it's normal bates lol. I thought Juno was kinda clever, but even symbolism can't justify the dog getting hit by that truck. Cuz first of all, it still wouldn't make sense cuz Norman's still crazy - but more importantly, wtf with the driver guy? He just stands there like 'ummmmmm....'

You know, I think I really didn't like this week's episode. At all. :nono: I'm mad at this show now.

Probably was Juno, although I thought I heard him say Judo. Yeah you really don't know what happened. Last you see of the dog was Norman carrying her.

That dude in room #9 was kinda creepy. Interested in seeing how that plays out too.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    Just watched this weeks epi.

Norman was taking the dead dog to Emma, whose father is a Taxidermist I believe.

I think its funny that Norma is doing all of these repairs/upgrades to the Motel, yet she wont have the huge creepy, haunted house looking building up on the hill painted.

That dude in black was definitely weird. Seems like he is the owner of the little black picture book that Norman found in the beginning of the season.

Do we know for sure that the Asian girl was actually killed in the woods?

Also appears that Bradley has the hots for Normans brother.
  • Options

Also appears that Bradley has the hots for Normans brother.

"She's like a locomotive...of sexual energy"

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    enjoyed last nights episode. ending was great! Only 2 more episodes left though? I think Freddie is great as Norman. Still wonder what the deal with the creepy dude is though.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    i missed the first couple minutes (at 10 AND 11 :fp: ) so i'll have to catch it on demand or something later ... how awesome is norman's brother? i think him throwing that annoying fucktard out in the middle of nowhere was the best part of last night's episode.
    I'm curious how they're going to wrap up the season. They showed the preview for next week with Norma saying they need to move again etc etc, so I'm assuming it will have some kind of relation to that.

I don't like this creepy dude in room 9. At all. Him and his stupid hipster glasses need to go. I really hope they tighten things up for the season finale and come back strong for a second season. I'm really like the show so far ... but I think they've got too many threads hanging. The Jaio thing for example, is it safe to figure creepy dude either has her recaptured or is looking for her? It's not really clear if she's dead or not. Maybe there will be some resolution on this as the season is wrapped up. But the whole thing with Norma trying to get Sheriff Romero to recommend her for city planning thingy was just stupid. I get the thing about the bypass storyline being a sort of background long term thing, but if there's only 2 hours of show left in the season, and we've thus far got Norman's crazyness, his women problems, his newfound hobby, Norma's hotel operations, crazy creepy starbucks murder guy, the asian sex slave business that may or may not have been based in the hotel, norman's brother (he probably has a name, right?) the guys he works for and their business, plus Romero's level of knowledge/involvement with the illegal activities of the town ........... and this is just the stuff I remember, there's probably more that i've forgotten. I just feel like there's an excess of issues here.
  • Options
    enjoyed last nights episode. ending was great! Only 2 more episodes left though? I think Freddie is great as Norman. Still wonder what the deal with the creepy dude is though.

I think Creepy Dude/Jake is probably the head of the slave ring, is pissed off that business suddenly took a turn for the worse and came out to find out what happened. Now that Summers is dead, he possibly was counting on Shelby to continue on, but now that he is dead, he is going to get his revenge. The whole 'cops are corrupt' thing.

Romero is the creepy one, I think he is in on something with Jake...how would Shelby's body from the morgue get in Norma's bed?

I think Dylan's assistant is a tweaker, and Dylan must have gotten some of his Psycho-ness from Norma.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    RKCNDY wrote:

I think Creepy Dude/Jake is probably the head of the slave ring, is pissed off that business suddenly took a turn for the worse and came out to find out what happened.
    Yeah, thats the hunch I was getting as well.

I really like this show thus far.

It's cool to see the taxidermy background addressed that was part of Norman Bates character in the original movies.
  • Options
    RKCNDY wrote:

I think Creepy Dude/Jake is probably the head of the slave ring, is pissed off that business suddenly took a turn for the worse and came out to find out what happened.

It's cool to see the taxidermy background addressed that was part of Norman Bates character in the original movies.

good call on the slave ring thing, almost forgot about that.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    RKCNDY wrote:

good call on the slave ring thing, almost forgot about that.

Yeah, I liked the taxidermy thing too. Interesting things to me was the brother realizing he is stuck in that job FOREVER. Also, the guy is for sure looking for the book. Creepiest guy ever. Curious to see how the therapy thing continues, if it does.
  • Options
    :lol: good ole Emma! She's a stoner! I think Garrett will be Norman's competition.

Monday's episode wasn't as good as the others have been, Bradley goes after Dylan, he takes her to her dad's office, takes some love letters from his desk.

Jake Abernathy freaks Norma out some more, tries to extort money out of her, then when she tries to sell the motel, the realtor doesn't want to help her.

Maybe Norman has premonitions about his psychotic episodes? He tried to drown Bradley, and told Dylan about it...

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    Love Emma even more now.

I like how the Sheriff just looks at the stoners and asks them where they are working and walks away.
  • Options
    I've missed the last 2 episodes. Need to get caught up.
    Heard the season finale was very good.
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    we need to watch the finale....but we did watch 3 episodes last night to catch up.....

this show is a trip.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    This monday's show was the season finale? If that's the case then I think I might be disappointed. Way too many loose ends. WAY. I understand build up and stuff for next season but meh. That Freddie kid who plays Norman is British. He does the American accent very well. Overall I like the show and characters but if they come back for another season I hope they can tighten up the writing.
  • Options
    duska3419 wrote:
    This monday's show was the season finale? If that's the case then I think I might be disappointed. Way too many loose ends. WAY. I understand build up and stuff for next season but meh. That Freddie kid who plays Norman is British. He does the American accent very well. Overall I like the show and characters but if they come back for another season I hope they can tighten up the writing.

Yep that was the finally. I thought it was pretty damn good. Of course there are a lot of loose ends. I think there is a lot that they don't want answered. Funny but I called the teacher thing and the Sheriff thing. I thought he would keep the money though. My 17 year old self is a pretty pissed at Norman. I mean, you have the opportunity to sleep with a super hot teacher and you kill her?! Come on, man. :fp:
  • Options
    duska3419 wrote:

Yep that was the finally. I thought it was pretty damn good. Of course there are a lot of loose ends. I think there is a lot that they don't want answered. Funny but I called the teacher thing and the Sheriff thing. I thought he would keep the money though. My 17 year old self is a pretty pissed at Norman. I mean, you have the opportunity to sleep with a super hot teacher and you kill her?! Come on, man. :fp:

how do you know he didn't participate in...uh...I mean, he is "Psycho".
    Romero is creepy, nothing fazes him, and I think him and Norma will hook up. Poor Emma, wanted so bad to have a nice night with a boy she likes and he's a total dolt, even told Dylan to go after Bradley.

Why doesn't anything wash up from the marina? everything seems to get thrown in there...surprised Norma didn't jump in after the money.

(glad my other cop dramas are starting up again, they will keep me busy for the summer until next season of Bates)

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    RKCNDY wrote:
    duska3419 wrote:

how do you know he didn't participate in...uh...I mean, he is "Psycho".
    Romero is creepy, nothing fazes him, and I think him and Norma will hook up. Poor Emma, wanted so bad to have a nice night with a boy she likes and he's a total dolt, even told Dylan to go after Bradley.

Why doesn't anything wash up from the marina? everything seems to get thrown in there...surprised Norma didn't jump in after the money.

(glad my other cop dramas are starting up again, they will keep me busy for the summer until next season of Bates)

I am sure the body and the bag will wash up. Guess who will be on the case?

Yeah, definitely feel bad for Emma. Some good acting on this show, that lady that plays Norma is exceptional in my opinion.

I like the weapons training with Dylan. :lol: I guard stuff... marijuana. Oh Dylan I dont approve, anyway.... how do I shoot?