Astorians with tickets

Comments

• Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    were you watching the same game missus!!! Brazil v Croatia was one of the worst 3 games so far... poor stuff to watch...

I've seen the fat kid down the road run faster to the ice cream than Ronaldo did last night... how can you not be interested in playing for Brazil in a World Cup???... he looked bored as fuck :mad:

France v Swiss was shit as well...
    I said it was a GOOD game - nothing amazing and I'm sticking with that. I thought Croatia had more than enough chances to keep it interesting and, god love them, they tried. I think YOU were watching the wrong game :p either that or you know absolutely nothing about football :cool: Patronising fuck! :rolleyes:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    redrock wrote:
    [size=+1]Important message for all London fellow astorians...[/size]

Sweet Pinon from Norway is looking for a place to stay in London for the night August 27th to 28th. I can't help as I will be in Belgium. Can anyone else offer her a bed for the night? The day after, they will be getting the ETB and will be on the road!

Please help her!!! Remember... she gave us the cute little Astoria badges :):)

Thank you all.

Just putting this back up one last time for those who didn't see it. If you can help Pinon out, let her know!!!!
  • V VV V Posts: 5,191
    Chime wrote:
    Morning :)

Football update for V V and redrock.

Brazil 1 - 0 Croatia

Goal scored by Kaka ;):p

http://www.tipos.com.br/media/17/20040506-kaka.jpg

:D nice , thank you and good morning !
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
    Chime wrote:
    I didn't see that match but while I was watching the Brazil match ... and after yesterdays posts ... I was looking at Brazil thinking actually Kaka is attractive and then he scores so knew he had to be added to the thread :D

For the Croats I actually found Robert Kovac attractive ;)
    He was ok... I preferred Igor Tudor :o

We're lucky over here - I come home and get the second half of the second game, then they show highlights of the first match and discuss the two before the third match comes on :) . Non stop football from 4.30 til 10.15 :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    I said it was a GOOD game - nothing amazing and I'm sticking with that.

and that confirms to me you know nothing about my beloved sport ;):)

and yes i am a patronising fuck :p just as you are ;)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    Hi VV! Wonder if it's going to be another 'garden day' for you and me :confused: A bit overcast in my garden this morning - oh well... can alway have the wine and eddie in my living room! :D:D
    and that confirms to me you know nothing about my beloved sport ;):)

and yes i am a patronising fuck :p just as you are ;)

Nope, you're WAY more patronising ;):p
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    We're lucky over here

do you have SKY or owt?

its just that on BBC interactive you can go on and watch the games you have missed.... its absolutely amazing.. they even show classic matches of days of yore... i watched England v Mexico 86 highlights the other night :D:D

if i stay up late enough i can watch every game on BBC/ITV interactive just as if it were live... you can also select just to watch highlights ... excellent stuff :)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    He was ok... I preferred Igor Tudor :o

:o I edited to add another up there ^^^ :p also thought Igor was OK. I think I said before that I liked Croats ;)

EDIT: I edited on the previous page :p Lot of posting happening this morning
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
    Nope, you're WAY more patronising ;):p

yes i am... its a sign of my superiority ;)
  • stonesgstringstonesgstring Posts: 4,613
    So predictions for today people?

Actually I can't even remember who is playing! :D I'm getting bored of the footie already it seems. I've watched nearly every match :eek:
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
    do you have SKY or owt?

its just that on BBC interactive you can go on and watch the games you have missed.... its absolutely amazing.. they even show classic matches of days of yore... i watched England v Mexico 86 highlights the other night :D:D

if i stay up late enough i can watch every game on BBC/ITV interactive just as if it were live... you can also select just to watch highlights ... excellent stuff :)

Also noticed last night that on BBC you can have the Five Live commentry if you want instead of Motty...
    Chime wrote:
    Also noticed last night that on BBC you can have the Five Live commentry if you want instead of Motty...

we do a thing at work where we count how many times Motty mentions England (only 2 Scots in my office versus 4 English blokes) and even they have noticed that he mentions England a phenomenal amount of times!!

last night he first mentioned them at 6mins... something about Kaka scoring against england in 2002, blah de blah de blah... i forget what he said... but needless to say he does go on a bit!!
    Chime wrote:

you can even shut them both up and just listen to the crowd option... which is pretty good... Croatia fans make a shitload of noise :D
    do you have SKY or owt?

Yeh, we do but the channel I was talking about you don't have to pay for. We can get all those channels here too and we have most of them at home but I much prefer RTE - besides I can't listen to the English commentators... and our panelists are funny. Eamonn Dunphy is the most negative person I've ever heard :D I think he's ruled everyone out by now - NOBODY is gonna win the world cup this year :eek:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • V VV V Posts: 5,191
    redrock wrote:
    Hi VV! Wonder if it's going to be another 'garden day' for you and me :confused: A bit overcast in my garden this morning - oh well... can alway have the wine and eddie in my living room! :D:D

I think it will have to be your living room ! its a bit nippy here too !

awwwwwww i just spoke to a friend on msn she meett Ed the other day :D:D awww it was a lovely story and he gave her a big hug ( i hate her now)

*am i bringing the wine or the cho. ??
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
    Chime wrote:
    :o I edited to add another up there ^^^ :p also thought Igor was OK. I think I said before that I liked Croats ;)

EDIT: I edited on the previous page :p Lot of posting happening this morning
    Lol, yes I remember you saying that :D

Stoney, predictions? I reckon 1-1 in Spain/Ukraine, Tunisia/Saudi Arabia maybe 2-0 to Tunisia and Germany/Poland 2-0 to Germany???????
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Yeh, we do but the channel I was talking about you don't have to pay for.

i didnt realise you had to pay for BBC.. :o

well the interactive coverage is fantastic!!!

you say you are lucky over there but it seems to me you can only watch the highlights before the 8pm game, well highlights and the 2nd half if you get home quick enough... thats a bit shit isnt it ;) i can watch all 3 games... whenever i want ;)
    Lol, yes I remember you saying that :D

Stoney, predictions? I reckon 1-1 in Spain/Ukraine, Tunisia/Saudi Arabia maybe 2-0 to Tunisia and Germany/Poland 2-0 to Germany???????

Spain 2 - 1 Ukraine
    Tunisia 3 - 2 Saudi
    Germany 1 - 1 Poland

i'll be way off as usual :rolleyes: :D
    i didnt realise you had to pay for BBC.. :o

well the interactive coverage is fantastic!!!

you say you are lucky over there but it seems to me you can only watch the highlights before the 8pm game, well highlights and the 2nd half if you get home quick enough... thats a bit shit isnt it ;) i can watch all 3 games... whenever i want ;)
    That's because of work - and that's what I can watch for FREE. I'd much rather watch them live... as they happen, if I miss a match I'll watch the highlights, that's it. And since when is the interactive stuff free??? Isn't that sky? Yeh, we get BBC free here (in that all you need is an ariel) but if we want sky we have to pay for it - don't you?? :confused: I can watch them all live if I finish early and go to the pub :cool:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    V V wrote:
    **blushing smiley**

well i am in no dout your a great daddy :D plus all the other kids u save along the way ;) xx

Aww its nice to have lovely cuddles in the morning :o;)

Spain 1 - 2 Ukraine
    Tunisia 0 - 2 saudi
    Germany 2 - 1 Poland

I didn't do too bad yesterday......
    I need a coffee!
    Spain 2 - 1 Ukraine
    Tunisia 3 - 2 Saudi
    Germany 1 - 1 Poland

i'll be way off as usual :rolleyes: :D
    Lol, me too! :D

Dunno about the Saudis now but we had them 4 years ago and beat them 3-0 so they must have been pretty shite!

Wonder how the riots will take off today - apparently there are some England fans rumoured to be travelling especially.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    That's because of work - and that's what I can watch for FREE. I'd much rather watch them live... as they happen, if I miss a match I'll watch the highlights, that's it. And since when is the interactive stuff free??? Isn't that sky? Yeh, we get BBC free here (in that all you need is an ariel) but if we want sky we have to pay for it - don't you?? :confused: I can watch them all live if I finish early and go to the pub :cool:

Interactive is on freeview. I paid £30 for my set-top box (the expensive one so I could plug my DVD player into it as well :):p ) and then that's that :D
    V V wrote:
    I think it will have to be your living room ! its a bit nippy here too !

awwwwwww i just spoke to a friend on msn she meett Ed the other day :D:D awww it was a lovely story and he gave her a big hug ( i hate her now)

*am i bringing the wine or the cho. ??

Oops.. forgot about the chocolate! I've got plenty of wine, Eddie will be arriving a bit later... bring the choc!

friend = lucky bitch! Sooooo jealous....
    Irish Al wrote:
    Aww its nice to have lovely cuddles in the morning :o;)

Spain 1 - 2 Ukraine
    Tunisia 0 - 2 saudi
    Germany 2 - 1 Poland

I didn't do too bad yesterday......
    I did crap :D Well goal wise I was closest to the result of the Brazil match I said scoreless... but other than that :rolleyes:

Your first two predictions there are a bit odd :confused:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Chime wrote:
    Interactive is on freeview. I paid £30 for my set-top box (the expensive one so I could plug my DVD player into it as well :):p ) and then that's that :D
    But you still paid for it :D

I shoulda known the scotsman wouldn't have paid for digital :cool:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life

the interactive thingy is on the BBC, which is free... well interactive is only available on SKY boxes or Freeview boxes right enough... so i see what you mean... just normal BBC on the telly aerial

well if you dont know the scores and you go home and watch the 2pm game on interactive then it is live... :confused: so thats what i'd rather do... although i think the highlights might be better than 2 or 3 of the games so far :)

so yeah... go to the pub and watch them all missus :cool:
    But you still paid for it :D

I shoulda known the scotsman wouldn't have paid for digital :cool:

i paid £18.97 for my FreeView box... hardly bank-busting stuff is it :rolleyes: :p

but i do pay for Digital.... so there :D
  • Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    I did crap :D Well goal wise I was closest to the result of the Brazil match I said scoreless... but other than that :rolleyes:

Ok looking back I did crap yesterday. Ukraine are my outside bet......watch and learn :D
    I need a coffee!

me too missus :mad:

Korea 3 - 0 Togo
    France 3 -1 Switzerland
    Brazil 4 -1 Croatia.........

how wrong was I... i predicted a goal fest and i was wayyyyy off :D