Astorians with tickets

Comments

• KeithosKeithos Posts: 853
    final request for this please.

and good morning ;)

I didn't get any :(

I have a spare Astoria T-Shirt, but still deciding what to so with it...
  • ChumfattyChumfatty Posts: 140
    Keithos wrote:
    I didn't get any :(

I have a spare Astoria T-Shirt, but still deciding what to so with it...

Put it on ebay ;)

Or sell it to me.

I didn't know there were T-shirts inside the venue, when I saw people wearing them I thought they were cheapos the touts were selling, then I learned of what was on the back and was gutted.
    My body is a temple come kneel at my prayer mat.

Astoria 2006

*Astoria Crew*

Dublin 23/08/06 - best gig ever!
  • Keithos wrote:
    How's tricks man? Enjoying the weekend?

Pretty hungover today..... hard night.... thank god we got the day of tomorrow...... Or is it just us lazy Norwegians? Dude, really cool to hear you put sooo much effort into your band! Thats the ONLY way a band can get somewhere, reherse reherse reherse! Been doing it for years myself.... didn't get me much more than a bad ring in my ears, but I tried.... Keep up the good work man :)
    Chumfatty wrote:
    Put it on ebay ;)

Or sell it to me.

I didn't know there were T-shirts inside the venue, when I saw people wearing them I thought they were cheapos the touts were selling, then I learned of what was on the back and was gutted.

I wont put it on ebay... if I sold it it would be for what I paid for it!

I might hang on to it though as I'm sure my other will get worn out!!!!

I'll let you know if I decide to sell it ;)
    Pretty hungover today..... hard night.... thank god we got the day of tomorrow...... Or is it just us lazy Norwegians? Dude, really cool to hear you put sooo much effort into your band! Thats the ONLY way a band can get somewhere, reherse reherse reherse! Been doing it for years myself.... didn't get me much more than a bad ring in my ears, but I tried.... Keep up the good work man :)

Cheers dude!

So you got anything I can hear?
    Keithos wrote:

I might hang on to it though as I'm sure my other will get worn out!!!!

I'll let you know if I decide to sell it ;)

No worries dude, I wonder if Pearl Jam will do the whole merchandise thing and have T-shirts on sale in Virgin, HMV etc etc like in the old days.

Astoria 2006

*Astoria Crew*

• Keithos wrote:
    Cheers dude!

So you got anything I can hear?

nothing at the moment... starting a new band in July/august. We'll start record our shit straight away. If it turns out any good I'll let you know... Can say as much as it sounds pretty Pixies/Mudhoney'ish.... Heavily influenced by those two bands.... with a 'lil spice of my own ;)
    nothing at the moment... starting a new band in July/august. We'll start record our shit straight away. If it turns out any good I'll let you know... Can say as much as it sounds pretty Pixies/Mudhoney'ish.... Heavily influenced by those two bands.... with a 'lil spice of my own ;)

Cool- sounds good!

Our stuff has been coming a long well... need to find a new bassist though!
  • Keithos wrote:
    Cool- sounds good!

Our stuff has been coming a long well... need to find a new bassist though!

a bass player in London shoudn't be to hard..... Or is it??? It's a PAIN getting good drummers in Norway, but guitarists and bass players is a walk in the park.... Same deal where you're @?
    a bass player in London shoudn't be to hard..... Or is it??? It's a PAIN getting good drummers in Norway, but guitarists and bass players is a walk in the park.... Same deal where you're @?

Drummers are very hard.. we good a good one though :D

Our last bassist wasn't too good. It's proving hard trying to get one!
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    a whole day and nobody posted on our thread!!

Dave must be busy this weekend ;)

i wish i had bought an Astoria t-shirt now :mad:

i thought they'd be on sale afterwards, but they were long gone... now ebay has them for £75 :rolleyes:

I'll definitely get a Dublin one though!!
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • given to flygiven to fly Posts: 654
    i didn;t get one either. didn't even see the merch stall!
    20.04.06, 23.08.06, 27.08.06, 14.09.06, 16.09.06, 17.09.06, 19.09.06, 20.09.06, 18.06.07
  • blue_rainblue_rain Posts: 163
    Keithos wrote:

Good on you mate!
    "Is my band ready to kick it?" Stone Gossard

28/Oct/96, 29/May/00, 04/Jun/00, 28/Jun/00, 30/Jun/00, 02/Jul/03, 03/Jul/03, 05/Jul/03, 08/Jul/03, 09/Jul/03, 20/Apr/06, 27/Aug/06, 09/Sep/06, 13/Sep/06, 12/Jun/07, 13/Jun/07, 18/Jun/07, 26/Jun/07, 28/Jun/07, 02/Apr/08 (Ed), 03/Apr/08 (Ed), 11/Aug09, 13/Aug/09, 17/Aug/09, 18/Aug/09, 25/Jun/10
  • UKDaveUKDave Posts: 5,557
    a whole day and nobody posted on our thread!!

Dave must be busy this weekend ;)

i wish i had bought an Astoria t-shirt now :mad:

i thought they'd be on sale afterwards, but they were long gone... now ebay has them for £75 :rolleyes:

I'll definitely get a Dublin one though!!

I got one!!! wearing it today, whilst getting to know the new album :D

Yep, busy this weekend, plus my youngest was hogging the pc with msn ;)
    Astoria Crew
    Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight...
    Astoria, Dublin, Reading 06
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    This is just g'bye for now...
    So Astorians... thought's on the new album....?

Personal faves at the moment:
    Life Wasted
    WWS
    Severed Hand
    Unemployable
    Big Wave
    Gone
    Come Back :D:D love this one!!
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    UKDave wrote:
    So Astorians... thought's on the new album....?

Personal faves at the moment:
    Life Wasted
    WWS
    Severed Hand
    Unemployable
    Big Wave
    Gone
    Come Back :D:D love this one!!

In order

Comatose
    Life Wasted
    WWS
    Gone
    Severed Hand

the rest all come 6th equal... i love the Wasted Reprise thingy... its lovely...
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    Yeah, it's great...

no Come Back though....?
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    UKDave wrote:
    Yeah, it's great...

no Come Back though....?

i thought that was a thinly veiled homosexual insult at first there Dave ;)

yes it's 6th equal man :)

I'm turning into a punk rocker in my older years.... Come Back & Inside Job really took hold of me on Friday night... i was in a reflective and wine-infused mood and in the quiet hours of that night those songs stuck with me.

The first 4 songs on the album just make me jump around so much.... took me about 20mins to empty dishawsher this morning as i spent 18 of those minutes just pogo-ing around with my kids staring at me like i was insane....

kids know stuff :o
    i thought that was a thinly veiled homosexual insult at first there Dave ;)

yes it's 6th equal man :)

I'm turning into a punk rocker in my older years.... Come Back & Inside Job really took hold of me on Friday night... i was in a reflective and wine-infused mood and in the quiet hours of that night those songs stuck with me.

The first 4 songs on the album just make me jump around so much.... took me about 20mins to empty dishawsher this morning as i spent 18 of those minutes just pogo-ing around with my kids staring at me like i was insane....

kids know stuff :o

LOL :D I said Come Back, not Broke Back... :D

I love the way it rocks like a bastard and then eases into some beautiful stuff at the end so that you just want to go back to the start again....!!
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    UKDave wrote:

think about it dave... "Come back"..... if you spell the "come" part differently ;)

how highly rude... this will get us back to having the ladies from Astoria asking us if we fancy Ed again :rolleyes:

you're right about the tracklisting though Hard-->Slow over the course of the 50mins... its really good... to think we were some of the first people to see/hear those songs in a live setting :D
  • Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    UKDave wrote:

I love the way it rocks like a bastard and then eases into some beautiful stuff at the end so that you just want to go back to the start again....!!

Ohhhh :o it's painfully good. I'd say the first 20 times I heard it (all in the one evening :rolleyes: ), I wanted to cry... I'm ALMOST past that now. It's just gorgeous :)

I have to say at the moment I'm loving most of them - not much point even naming them cos it's pretty much all of them.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
    Only on 4th play so far.... and it's Come Back now...... :D:D !!!
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
  • Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    UKDave wrote:
    Only on 4th play so far.... and it's Come Back now...... :D:D !!!

Lol, well it's like you said, it's so bloody beautiful at the end makes ya want to listen to the whole thing all over again :o .

I'm still loving severed hand, unemployable, life wasted, WWS, gone, markers (I remember this being particularly good at the Astoria)... yep, see... all of them :o
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • foxymop79foxymop79 Posts: 460
    I love it - love the punky vibe! Haven't had a chance to sit and listen to it properly - bought it on Saturday when we arrived in Cork - didn't even check in to the hotel - drove round til we found a Tesco to buy it! Checked in - no cd player in room - went down to sit in the hire car and listen briefly to it before dinner! Since then it's been background - driving round Cork yesterday and whilst decorating today - ned to find time to sit and listen to it with the lyrics and all that shite ....

Going to bed now though - it's a school nite!!!!
    Wembley 1996
    Glasgow 2000
    Astoria 2006
    Leeds Festival 2006
    Dublin 2006 (Wooooot!)

*Astoria Crew in Dublin 2006*
    markers (I remember this being particularly good at the Astoria)... yep, see... all of them :o

oooohh yes.. Marker in the Sand... :o the chorus of this song gives me goosebumps...

*smug alert* we were some of the first people to ever hear it live... that makes me think we're quite special in our own wee way ;)
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    I looovvveee it! Even after Astoria, I thought that it may have been overhyped but no! Haven't had much time for anything this week-end - just waiting for my daughter to be back at school tomorrow and I will have a bit of peace and quiet to 'savour' my CD!
    foxymop79 wrote:
    I love it - love the punky vibe! Haven't had a chance to sit and listen to it properly - bought it on Saturday when we arrived in Cork - didn't even check in to the hotel - drove round til we found a Tesco to buy it! Checked in - no cd player in room - went down to sit in the hire car and listen briefly to it before dinner! Since then it's been background - driving round Cork yesterday and whilst decorating today - ned to find time to sit and listen to it with the lyrics and all that shite ....

Going to bed now though - it's a school nite!!!!

I love the punky stuff PJ do... they do it so well considering they are predominantly a classic rock type of band... genre speaking..

Comatose is the instant stand out track of the album for me... just as Save You was on Riot Act... songs like Spin Black Circle,Hail Hail, Lukin, etc etc... just get you moving :)
    Got to go guys and girls... just had a call for the pub quiz and they'll sink without me... ;) laters... :D:D
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    UKDave wrote:
    Got to go guys and girls... just had a call for the pub quiz and they'll sink without me... ;) laters... :D:D

see you Dave... capital of Outer Mongolia is Ulaan Batar if you get asked that ;)
    The album is ace isn't it, Love the straight ahead rocking of the first four tracks and then the rest of the album just opens up from parachutes, Severed Hand, Gone and Comatose are my faves but they are all excellent tracks.

Been listening to it non-stop since it was delivered on Sat Afternoon, always takes me a while to get into new albums and this one seems to get better the more I listen.

Astoria 2006

*Astoria Crew*