• Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    Spoiler ^^^^^^
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    My bad will edit
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    If anybody wants any merch let me know. I'll see what i can do.

No 10 poster orders... :D

12 more days
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    Anyone going to see them in Brooklyn? :?:
    Tweeter Center at the Waterfront - May 27, 2006; Madison Square Garden - Jun 24, 2008; Madison Square Garden - Jun 25, 2008; Wachovia Spectrum Arena - Oct 27, 2009; Wachovia Spectrum Arena - Oct 27, 2009; Wachovia Spectrum Arena - Oct 28, 2009; Wachovia Spectrum Arena - Oct 30, 2009; Wachovia Spectrum Arena - Oct 31, 2009; The Prudential Center - May 18, 2010; Madison Square Garden - May 21, 2010

Tres MTS. - Gramercy - Mar 26, 2011
  • Options
    You could always count on Kenny and Bin for the Rush chat and now we have GP. I have read the posts and I refuse to check out any setlist that is on line. I like the surprises and judging by was has been written, I think I will be. Haven't missed too many shows since Signals and there are quite a few tunes that I still would like to hear. Less than two weeks for me!

Hey PJ maybe you should jam out an entire Rush song the next time you tour Canada since you butcher the Guess Who when you try their tunes.

The poison from the poison stream caught up to you ELEVEN years ago and you floated out of here. Sept. 14, 08

• Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    Anyone going to the show tonight in Bridgeport??

We got section 4 Row A which is pretty flippin close :D
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    YefaYefa Posts: 1,133
    Sprunkn7 wrote:
    Anyone going to the show tonight in Bridgeport??

We got section 4 Row A which is pretty flippin close :D

I'll be there too. I'm in section 2 Row B.

Some Rush fans are meeting up before the show at the place linked below in case you'd like to join us.

http://www.barnumpublickhouse.com
    You see me empty, Sir, do not pause and inquire, simply assume and refill.
    - Al Swearengen

http://www.cantstoptheserenity.com
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    Hey PJ maybe you should jam out an entire Rush song the next time you tour Canada since you butcher the Guess Who when you try their tunes.

As much as I like Rush and can appreciate the sentiment that would be horrible. PJ does a pretty crummy job of any covers that need attention to detail.
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
    DewieCox wrote:

As much as I like Rush and can appreciate the sentiment that would be horrible. PJ does a pretty crummy job of any covers that need attention to detail.

:D I would agree with that.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    playing tonight in Philly and I am not there :fp:
  • Options
    So anyone else go see last nights show in TO?

Your thoughts?
  • Options
    Checked them out last night in Toronto. I decided to take the train into the city and whils't on said train I thought that since I was coming in from the burbs that they may play an appropriate tune and they did. I must say that the first set cooked with gas. Since I had not listened to the new album, I found that at first listen, although live, it was pretty damn good. I thought that the new group of thugs behind them did a nice job of taking the keyboards out of Geddy's hands. If ya know what I mean. They could have skipped two songs at the end of the show and tossed in some other gems. But that is just me. It was nice the way they "reinvented" the tour this time around. Pleasant surprises throughout.

The poison from the poison stream caught up to you ELEVEN years ago and you floated out of here. Sept. 14, 08

• Options
    Checked them out last night in Toronto. I decided to take the train into the city and whils't on said train I thought that since I was coming in from the burbs that they may play an appropriate tune and they did. I must say that the first set cooked with gas. Since I had not listened to the new album, I found that at first listen, although live, it was pretty damn good. I thought that the new group of thugs behind them did a nice job of taking the keyboards out of Geddy's hands. If ya know what I mean. They could have skipped two songs at the end of the show and tossed in some other gems. But that is just me. It was nice the way they "reinvented" the tour this time around. Pleasant surprises throughout.

I totally see why now PJ includes "the hits" in their shows along with a few unknowns. imo the crowd blew up with the two popular ones in the end... rest of the show was good but I found it flat at times- waiting for a big hit to make it memorable. I think too it was due to me sitting most of the night. The entire crowd around me was sitting. I'd take the floor any day going forward.

finish saying they were spot on as usual.
  • Options
    uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959
    There's still a lot of decent seats left for tonight's show at the ACC. I'm tempted to catch them again but haven't heard the new album. I checked the setlists and I'm not sure how I'd feel about dropping the dollars for the show. Probably will be a game time decision for me.
  • Options
    There's still a lot of decent seats left for tonight's show at the ACC. I'm tempted to catch them again but haven't heard the new album. I checked the setlists and I'm not sure how I'd feel about dropping the dollars for the show. Probably will be a game time decision for me.

GO

the new stuff absolutely kills
  • Options
    BinFrog wrote:

GO

I know I should...It's been eight years since my last Rush show.
  • Options
    I am so weak-willed. I caved and grabbed a ticket.
  • Options
    I am so weak-willed. I caved and grabbed a ticket.

Well done.
  • Options
    I'm going to say your post is what sealed the deal.
  • Options
    8-)
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    Holy f*ck did Rush kick ass in Bridgeport!
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    I'm going to say your post is what sealed the deal.

What you think?
  • Options
    I am so glad I went. The new songs sounded excellent live. Even though I didn't know most of the new album, Neal, Alex and Geddy are masters of their instruments and kept me enthralled the entire time. There wasn't a time throughout the entire show where at least one of them wasn't excelling in their trade. Of course Mr. Peart stole the show, but that still doesn't take away from some great Alex solos and rhythym, and Geddy doing what he does best.

My seat was excellent and I had a great sight line. A lot of people in my area remained seated for most of the show, and only stood for the hits, but that's common place at a lot of rock shows. I was kind of upset that the show wasn't even close to full and a lot of seats were tarped off, but I understand why that happened.

I still can't believe I waited eight years between my second and third shows. Barring any crazy circumstances, I won't let that happen again.
    BinFrog wrote:
    GO

Thank you!
  • Options
    BinFrog wrote:
    GO

Thank you!

that's what I'm talking about.
  • Options
    Looking forward to the show in Boston next week. It will be my first RUSH show!
    "What can you expect when you're on top? You know? It's like Napoleon. When he was the king, you know, people were just constantly trying to conquer him, you know, in the Roman Empire. So, it's history repeating itself all over again."
  • Options
    Looking forward to the show in Boston next week. It will be my first RUSH show!

It will be my 21st!
  • Options
    Actual conversation I have had with my 2 year old daughter:

*As a PJ song is playing in the car*

Me: "Who sings in Pearl Jam?"
    Her: "Ummmm....Geddy!"
    Me: "Geddy is in Rush, sweetheart. Eddie sings in Pearl Jam."
    Her: "Where's Geddy?"
    Me: "Canada, I assume."
  • Options
    BinFrog wrote:

You're raising her right!
  • Options
    BinFrog wrote:

Me: "Who's the best?"
    Her: "Neil's the best!"

*sniff*
  • Options
    BinFrog wrote:
    BinFrog wrote:

Me: "Who's the best?"
    Her: "Neil's the best!"

*sniff*

Well done sir.
    "What can you expect when you're on top? You know? It's like Napoleon. When he was the king, you know, people were just constantly trying to conquer him, you know, in the Roman Empire. So, it's history repeating itself all over again."