81 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    mmmmmmmmm peanut sauce.......mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

:think:

#thatsoundsdirty

i wonder how she eats it :?:

With tofu and veggies of course :fp:
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    tofu

you're not making a strong case for thai
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    My prince doesn't care for most Thai food but he does like the curries. I can twist his arm to go there every once in a while.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    81 wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    tofu

You need to broaden your horizons grasshopper.
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    tofu

You need to broaden your horizons grasshopper.

will i am :fp:

i eat all sort of ethnic foods....thai does nothing...tofu is below thai.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,410
    absolutely love Thai food!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,823
    I used to be afraid of trying thai food, but my fiance finally got me to try it about a year ago and now I can't get enough of it. There's this hole in the wall place right by where we live and it is so damn good. Now I want some chicken pad thai.
  • Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    Love Thai food..don't eat it often though so when we do go out to a Thai place it's an extra special treat.
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
    Better Dan wrote:
    Love Thai food..don't eat it often though so when we do go out to a Thai place it's an extra special treat.

you HAVE to go to Malai Kitchen, man. it's right down 75 towards downtown. go for Sunday Brunch & get the THai Eggs Benedict. so damn good!!!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    My local Thai restaurant... absolutely wonderful!

http://ec-padthai.com/
  • LiLiNY81LiLiNY81 Posts: 775
    Hey look at that, I'm gonna have thai tonight with some friends :mrgreen: Love me some pad thai!!
    "Now YOU listen. When we are on this ship, you are to refer to me as 'Idiot' not 'You Captain'!"
    saldoubledutchgif_zps889c30d5.gif
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    Last night, I had chicken satay and brown rice smothered in peanut sauce!

That's good eatin' !!!
  • Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Posts: 14,352
    I love Thai food as well. And I'm looking forward to exploring it in more depth in the States. We don't really have good Thai restaurants over here. I made some kind of Tom Kha Gai a couple of times, it probably wasn't really authentic due to the lack of some of the ingredients, but yummy anyway!
  • prismprism Posts: 2,440
    RKCNDY wrote:
    i LOVE Thai food!

(apparently it's really big here)

I wish I had recipes, like for that damn addictive Thai Iced Tea. i know it's black tea and condensed milk, but they add Star Anise, Cardamom, Cinnamon, and something else. i can't get it right :(

I always order a fresh roll which has romaine, basil, crab and shrimp in it rolled in the rice paper wrappers.

Drunken noodles (Phad Kee Mao) with tofu-5 stars, Crispy Garlic Chicken with basil-5 stars.

Probably should order some different stuff, like curry.

Damn...I want a Thai Iced Tea right now.... :x

sounds like you're talking about Chai tea....it's yummy hot or iced. you can find recipes on-line to make your own blend...tho buying the individual ingredients can get pricey. you can also find chai tea bags or liquid concentrate in grocery stores (like freddy's or haggen.) of the ones i've tried i find the tea bags too weak...prefer the liquid

i mix it with vanilla soy milk....but you can use any kind.
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    angels share laughter
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    love thai food :)

we have a few really good thai resturants around town that do very spicey/hot

there's also a nice asian market a few blocks away....makes it easy to make fresh made. depending on what i'm making...grab a few things like rice noodles, fresh ginger, garlic, keffir leaves, hot sesame oil, coconut milk or (real) curry paste...add veggies, tofu or chicken, peanuts or anything else

make your own. you'll never buy that bland overpriced, overproccessed thai kitchen stuff again...
    that's like calling this good american food
    kraft-macaroni-and-cheese-coupon.jpg
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    angels share laughter
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    prism wrote:
    sounds like you're talking about Chai tea....it's yummy hot or iced. you can find recipes on-line to make your own blend...tho buying the individual ingredients can get pricey. you can also find chai tea bags or liquid concentrate in grocery stores (like freddy's or haggen.) of the ones i've tried i find the tea bags too weak...prefer the liquid

no... :(

i do buy:
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR0f3phQOyPbUm8RptoDQhA0z97qiWQ9YSD5vmzbUBtw3DHKmT4
    and mix it with soy

but Thai Iced Tea looks like this:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQrerJM-tKDK-_fgQod0kELp9gBMKEW4S64AD2M9BoWG-6elJ4k

it's a half and half when you get it, when you mix it, it turns orange. The flavor is quite different from Chai Tea. Can't quite place the flavor.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    Thai Iced Tea is awesome! I can't describe the flavor either....
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    RKCNDY wrote:
    prism wrote:

no... :(

i do buy:
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR0f3phQOyPbUm8RptoDQhA0z97qiWQ9YSD5vmzbUBtw3DHKmT4
    and mix it with soy

but Thai Iced Tea looks like this:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQrerJM-tKDK-_fgQod0kELp9gBMKEW4S64AD2M9BoWG-6elJ4k

it's a half and half when you get it, when you mix it, it turns orange. The flavor is quite different from Chai Tea. Can't quite place the flavor.

i thought you meant chai since it contains star anise, cardamom, cinnamon & cloves...sometimes black pepper too. i've had really awesome iced chai at a resturant that has those things + orange peel.

the concentrate i get doesn't say chai latte, might be differnt since it says just chai...it can be done hot or iced

looked up some recipes and a few call for orange blossom water...wonder if that, orange or lemon peel might be it?
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    angels share laughter
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    Last night, I had chicken satay and brown rice smothered in peanut sauce!

That's good eatin' !!!

hell yeah it is! :thumbup:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Posts: 14,352
    Mmmmh chai ... I didn't know it was Thai. Actually, chai also means tea in Russian, for example. I had my first one like the one that is mentioned in here at around 5 am at a Goa party years ago. Even though we danced the night away, it was rather chilly, and the chai warmed us through. I don't like milk, but I didn't notice at first that it had it in there, but it was so good that I didn't mind. I will always connect chai to techno or goa parties :lol: I found several companies that sell a chai mixture even in tea bags. I tried the one from Celestial seasonings, which was good, but had too much Black tea in it for my taste, and also one from a company called Yogi tea. That one is even good without milk.
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    Chanon Thai Round 2.

Called in a lunch order, Pad Thai lunch special with side salad dressed with peanut sauce was $6.95.

"Your order will be ready in 10 minutes."

Right she was. Zipped back to work and sat down and ate it. This restaurant is now 2/2 for me. Best Phad Thai I've had at any restaurant.

:thumbup:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    mfc2006 wrote:

I love Thai Iced Tea. I stopped drinking it though, when I became vegan, because of the milk.

But we just had thai tonight - Tom Yum soup with tofu, and drunken noodles (I don't know if that's a standard name, or just at this particular restaurant, but it is good).
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Thai beer
  • DS1119 wrote:
    Thai beer

Meh.
  • I love it.
    I often go to a Thai restaurant with a friend.
    Can't go past a green or red curry.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
    found some leftovers in the fridge....with my open mind, i opened the container to a smell.

i almost puked.

thai is off the list.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • I'm having lean cuisine thai style chicken. I know you're all jealous :|
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    JaneNY wrote:
    mfc2006 wrote:

I love Thai Iced Tea. I stopped drinking it though, when I became vegan, because of the milk.

But we just had thai tonight - Tom Yum soup with tofu, and drunken noodles (I don't know if that's a standard name, or just at this particular restaurant, but it is good).

you can have it with soy milk!
    81 wrote:
    found some leftovers in the fridge....with my open mind, i opened the container to a smell.

i almost puked.

thai is off the list.

cold thai doesn't smell very good.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    I'll take "Shit I Will Never Eat" for $600 Alex.