i'll leave that up to eddie
    if he wants to come over and make friends he's welcome

With or without the accordian?
    :D
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 Posts: 26,148
    I just got the chills reading the OPs story :lol:

Last night there was a HUGE water bug in my basement. I went to kill it and the thing moved so freakin fast. Now I am scared of them making their way into my actual house :|.
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    SVRDhand13 wrote:

Last night there was a HUGE water bug in my basement. I went to kill it and the thing moved so freakin fast. Now I am scared of them making their way into my actual house :|.

we had those in a house we used to live in...they are creepy but i'd take them over this!
    peace,
    jo

"Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    SVRDhand13 wrote:

their has been way to many in my building lately

iam deadly afraid of them because they come right at you with NO FEAR

sadly they do get into my apt on occasion and it ruins my month (if i miss killing it)
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    this brings back my acid days...
    which is scarier... that or your mother with a broom ;):lol:
    pandora wrote:
    this brings back my acid days...
    which is scarier... that or your mother with a broom ;):lol:
    :lol::lol:
    peace,
    jo

• dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    got into bed??

i thought u like men..

well..never to late to open your sexual horizons :P
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    I knew this thread was missing something, but I couldn't put my finger on it.

Then it hit me:

Dimi hadn't turned this thread into something dirty yet.

Now we can continue!
    got into bed??

i thought u like men..

yes, well, a little experimentation once in a while never hurt anyone Dimi :lol::lol::mrgreen:
    peace,
    jo

StillHere wrote:
    got into bed??

i thought u like men..

yes, well, a little experimentation once in a while never hurt anyone Dimi :lol::lol::mrgreen:

Perhaps you were doing it wrong...
  • mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    That is one ugly creepy crawly ..... :shock:
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146

Then it hit me:

Now we can continue!

wait...dimi wants to put his finger someplace dirty on you?
    norm wrote:

Then it hit me:

Now we can continue!

Are you new here?
    StillHere wrote:
    got into bed??

i thought u like men..

:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    StillHere wrote:
    got into bed??

i thought u like men..

Perhaps you were doing it wrong...
    :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Then it hit me:

Now we can continue!
    sorry,but we did some things here in Greece 10.000 years before USA found :wave:
    norm wrote:

Then it hit me:

Now we can continue!

soush.you spoil it...i almost had him.. :lol::lol::lol:
    norm wrote:

Then it hit me:

Now we can continue!

Are you new here?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    That thing is awesome! has anybody suggested getting a snake and letting that loose in your house? :D
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,672
    I had one encounter in the middle of the night years ago. Freaked me out bad.
  • jasonjason Posts: 468
    I moved into an older house a few years ago and I have never really seen this bug, until then!!! I have killed probably 10 or so over these 1-2 years and agreed they are GROSS!!! Most of the time it is at night too. I have the TV on and everything else is black and then all of a sudden I see a little movement on the floor or ceiling and BAM I am up. I grab anything I can, from the remote to a sock to a piece of paper. This sucker can not live with me. And you are right, they are FAST!!! They don't sit still and when they are moving, they are movin. GUH!!!! I hate them soooooo much. Once I missed on and it too landed in my bed. I ripped the covers off and was yelling, no, no, no no. But I got em! That little S.O.B!! GROSS!!

You are not alone my friend.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,890
    JaneNY wrote:
    What do they eat besides silverfish? Maybe you can put out a trap. And have a cat. They eat bugs. Ours eat spiders all the time.
    My idiot cat runs away from large spiders, and squirrels absolutely terrify her. :lol:

About 10 years ago I woke up and there was a gigantic. thick, black spider just sitting there on my chest staring at me. It was at least two inches in diameter. I haven't been the same since. :cry: It was like that episode of the The Brady Bunch were a tarantula crawls up on one of the kids in bed when they were visiting Hawaii. Horrible. But you do move on. Eventually. ;)
    The best way to deal with scary bugs is to have the vacuum with the wand with all extensions attached ready at all times. You don't have to get very close to it then, and just suck it up. :)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • what is it exactly? You mentioned wikipedia-ing it, but you never mention what type of insect/bug/critter it is. What is it?
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,672
    its a House Centipede
    That thing is awesome! has anybody suggested getting a snake and letting that loose in your house? :D

probably the snake would gobble up those crawlies. :D
    peace,
    jo

i haven't slept in my bed since then
    i gingerly lifted the comforter and turned it over and over, gawd i am unreasonably afraid of these things
    and brought it out to the sofa then thought well that's not too safe either, so i slept on the recliner with the foot up..lol! like it can't climb there like it climbs all over the walls and ceiling.
    i KNOW it doesn't live exclusively in my bedroom, or in my bed, but i just can't bring myself to get back in that bed yet.
    today, stripping and washing everything, moving it all around, if i see him, he'd better be prepared

did you know (thanks wikipedia, you are so kind) that these guys have weapons on either end? they can bite you up front, and supposedly, they can sting or bite you with their back end too. one article said it had 2 sets of jaws! Ughhhghhgg how alien is that!
    peace,
    jo

Jo ,need to choose carefully your "friends"!!!need to have big foot..but not to many foots!!! :fp: ;)
  • curlygirly9curlygirly9 Posts: 1,872
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Rose Garden Arena - Nov 02, 2000, Key Arena - Oct 22, 2001, Key Arena - Dec 08, 2002, Key Arena - Dec 09, 2002, Clark County Amphitheater - Sep 26, 2009
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    its in your bed??? :shock: :shock:

Jo??????????