So, my neighbor *stole* my cat...

2»

Comments

• stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    stargirl69 wrote:
    :? I think I may have stolen my neighbours cat :oops:

They got it about a year ago,but it was always an indoor cat,I'd hear it meowing at the window and I'd wave at it and say hello :fp:
    About a month ago,because it is warm out they have taken to leaving the window open and the cat has been getting out,it doesn't look too well looked after,it is very thin and louping with fleas :cry:
    I have began feeding it,treated it with flea repellant and have named it Jim,I don't know what's it's real name is :oops:
    It now spends more time at my house than theirs but depsite my attempt to get an answer at their door to ask about it's name and to try to explain I haven't stolen it even although I kind of have :oops: ... what should I do?

Sorry for highjacking your thread Lisa but when I read it's title I thought 'Oh no that's me' :?

As for your dilemma I don't think you would owe them anything,after all they chose to take it to the vet
    Sounds like Rckndy could use a cat... Send it through the 10c

No :shock: I kind of want to keep it as my stolen cat and if I attempted to post it through 10c I wouldn't be able to pretend I hadn't stolen it :oops:

Have I stolen it :think: Maybe the 'It's a roamer' line will work for me too :D
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,871
    edited August 2012
    mickeyrat wrote:
    Post deleted by Admin. Name calling not ok. See the Posting Guidelines.
    well, I thought I was speaking about a post not a person, but okie dokie.

In my opinion RKCNDY you advised against due to his age being taken to the vet. So on that alone I would say , no , you dont owe anything. As for the other cat? hmm, did that one like you? :mrgreen:
    Post edited by mickeyrat on
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • SnakeduckSnakeduck Posts: 1,056
    mickeyrat wrote:

So, it is ok to act like a total douchebag, you just can't call anyone that? Just want to make sure I am up on the rules...
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,871
    Snakeduck wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:

So, it is ok to act like a total douchebag, you just can't call anyone that? Just want to make sure I am up on the rules...
    all I can do is refer you to the posting guidelines Snake. You make the call from there.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    I think that your off the hook for helping w/ the vet expenses.
    Booger chose them as his new home, and with his age, surgery is just well...
    you've worked at a vet clinic before... so you know its probably just not worth it, and they dont like doing surgery on pets that old.

Now... if you want the other cat back...
    I hope she isn't going to try and hold him (her?) hostage for some help w/ Booger's medical expenses.

I say, go over... tell her again thank you for giving Booger a loving home that he enjoys staying at. Your sorry that you cannot help with medical expenses, due to his age, your own financial issues, (the fact that the cat was an asshole that hated you :lol: ) whatever. Give her toys? food? a bed? something that was Boogers... maybe a thank you card w/ a gift card to the pet store. $10... Whatever you feel like.

And then tell her you want your other cat back 8-)

Your moving soon, right? Dont want to let that go on too long, then it'll be battle royale on moving day.

Good luck.
    And best wishes to Booger and his new home.

*sigh* yes, twisty ties...I am a tad worried that she is now holding my other cat hostage. Grumpy* (not his real name) loves me, and comes running when I call him. He cannot get out of her house now that the garage is closed. :(

Me personally, I would have taken Booger to the vet if he didn't look well, and would have put him at peace right away. It sucks to have to live the rest of your life wheezing and waiting for the cancer to overcome the body.

Booger doesn't have anything that is *his*, he didn't like toys, would rather hide under any blanket, than claim a bed. My only problem with Grumpy is he likes it outside...and he hates the indoor kitty Chubby. I'll try to get Grumpy back before I move, I'm kind of thinking Grumpy *knows* Booger is dying, and wants to be there for him.

(shit, my cats have weird nicknames-Booger, Grumpy, Chubby :lol: )

Snakeduck, no worries, the kitchen is getting a remodel, so you won't have to worry about cat tainted foods.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    RKCNDY wrote:
    I think that your off the hook for helping w/ the vet expenses.
    Booger chose them as his new home, and with his age, surgery is just well...
    you've worked at a vet clinic before... so you know its probably just not worth it, and they dont like doing surgery on pets that old.

Now... if you want the other cat back...
    I hope she isn't going to try and hold him (her?) hostage for some help w/ Booger's medical expenses.

I say, go over... tell her again thank you for giving Booger a loving home that he enjoys staying at. Your sorry that you cannot help with medical expenses, due to his age, your own financial issues, (the fact that the cat was an asshole that hated you :lol: ) whatever. Give her toys? food? a bed? something that was Boogers... maybe a thank you card w/ a gift card to the pet store. $10... Whatever you feel like.

And then tell her you want your other cat back 8-)

Your moving soon, right? Dont want to let that go on too long, then it'll be battle royale on moving day.

Good luck.
    And best wishes to Booger and his new home.

*sigh* yes, twisty ties...I am a tad worried that she is now holding my other cat hostage. Grumpy* (not his real name) loves me, and comes running when I call him. He cannot get out of her house now that the garage is closed. :(

Me personally, I would have taken Booger to the vet if he didn't look well, and would have put him at peace right away. It sucks to have to live the rest of your life wheezing and waiting for the cancer to overcome the body.

Booger doesn't have anything that is *his*, he didn't like toys, would rather hide under any blanket, than claim a bed. My only problem with Grumpy is he likes it outside...and he hates the indoor kitty Chubby. I'll try to get Grumpy back before I move, I'm kind of thinking Grumpy *knows* Booger is dying, and wants to be there for him.

(shit, my cats have weird nicknames-Booger, Grumpy, Chubby :lol: )

Snakeduck, no worries, the kitchen is getting a remodel, so you won't have to worry about cat tainted foods.

Sorry to hear about Booger. I hope that if he's suffering they'll make the right decision so he doesn't have to suffer. I hope you get Grumpy back too! Animals do sense when other cats are sick or when they're gone. When my parents had to put our cat Tucker to sleep, my mom said all the other cats "looked and cried" for him :(
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • LoulouLoulou Posts: 6,247
    That's very sad but I think your 100% right, he's very old (which you told them) and lived a good life. It's lovely that he made a new friend in your next door neighbour but i don't think it's fair for you to have to pay for his treatment. He's lives there now so I think it's their decision, don't feel bad. ;)
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,411
    Loulou wrote:
    That's very sad but I think your 100% right, he's very old (which you told them) and lived a good life. It's lovely that he made a new friend in your next door neighbour but i don't think it's fair for you to have to pay for his treatment. He's lives there now so I think it's their decision, don't feel bad. ;)

i agree with this.

love the name, Lisa. :D
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • SeaSea Posts: 3,011
    Snakeduck wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:

If you see a problem post report it. Do not put your posting privileges at risk. thank you.
    Sea wrote:
    Snakeduck wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:

If you see a problem post report it. Do not put your posting privileges at risk. thank you.

You're welcome. Glad I could help.
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    Snakeduck wrote:

You're silly...or are you just bored? :lol:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:
    Snakeduck wrote:

You're silly...or are you just bored? :lol:

Just trying to keep everyone educated, you know how I care...

See ya'!
  • comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    I'm sorry to hear about Booger's health :( I agree with the other posters - I don't think you owe anything financially, but you could make a gesture of some kind. Get the other kitty back too!
    Snakeduck wrote:

My cat of 15 years is dying on me; she keeps having little seizures that are getting worse. Only a matter of time... There is one human, other than immediate family, that is still a part of my life from back when she first adopted me. I've managed to distance myself from all the rest. Basically my best friend for a decade and a half. :cry:
    I'm so sorry to hear that :( It's so hard watching them get older and their health decline. It's amazing what supports pets can be, especially when you've been through a lot with them. My cats always seem to know when I need to laugh or if I need some comfort. I just finished reading "A Dog's Purpose"- it's about a dog (obviously) but has kind of helped me cope with my kitties getting older. It made me literally sob to the point of shaking without even being able to make a sound at one point :? but it was uplifting too.
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"