rollingsrollings Posts: 7,124
edited October 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
hurricaney.png

Is anybody else as thrilled as me?

Not :|
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    good enough reason for you to head up to Philly for MIA on Sunday, right?
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • rollingsrollings Posts: 7,124
    StillHere wrote:
    good enough reason for you to head up to Philly for MIA on Sunday, right?

yeah as if pearl jam wasn't enough reason!
  • rollings wrote:
    hurricaney.png

Is anybody else as thrilled as me?

Not :|

Issac may not be a problem, but surely the depression in the mid-atlantic could cause a riot with a name like TEN?

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/
    RDS Dublin - Aug 26 1995 (Neil Young with Pearl Jam)
    Millstreet Arena - Oct 24, 1996
    The Point - Oct 26, 1996
    The Point - Jun 01, 2000
    The Point - Aug 23, 2006
    Wembley Arena - Jun 18, 2007
    Manchester Evening News Arena - Aug 17, 2009
    The O2 - Jun 22, 2010
    Odyssey Arena - Jun 23, 2010
    Manchester Evening News Arena - Jun 20 2012
    Amsterdam Ziggo Dome - Jun 26 2012
    Amsterdam Ziggo Dome - Jun 16 2014
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    My Grandfathers name, never had the pleasure to meet him.

Looking for rain in North Georgia hopefully.
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    got me a big wave ride me a big wave got me a big wave
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • adam42381adam42381 Posts: 2,505
    Looks like we may get pounded here in Fort Myers. Luckily I'm inland far enough that I'll probably miss the hardest portion of it. Never been through a hurricane (moved here 2 years ago), so I'm kind of interested to see how it goes.
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    adam42381 wrote:
    Looks like we may get pounded here in Fort Myers. Luckily I'm inland far enough that I'll probably miss the hardest portion of it. Never been through a hurricane (moved here 2 years ago), so I'm kind of interested to see how it goes.

get to the ocean ..its magical
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • adam42381 wrote:

Visited mates in 05 and sat through Wilma. Scary I can tell you. the eye passed right over us in Sunrise FL. So peaceful. We just got a load of beers and filled a trough with ice!
    RDS Dublin - Aug 26 1995 (Neil Young with Pearl Jam)
    Millstreet Arena - Oct 24, 1996
    The Point - Oct 26, 1996
    The Point - Jun 01, 2000
    The Point - Aug 23, 2006
    Wembley Arena - Jun 18, 2007
    Manchester Evening News Arena - Aug 17, 2009
    The O2 - Jun 22, 2010
    Odyssey Arena - Jun 23, 2010
    Manchester Evening News Arena - Jun 20 2012
    Amsterdam Ziggo Dome - Jun 26 2012
    Amsterdam Ziggo Dome - Jun 16 2014
  • hoping we feel some effects up here in Jax. I love storms
    We were but stones your light made us stars
  • adam42381adam42381 Posts: 2,505
    adam42381 wrote:

get to the ocean ..its magical
    We're not near the ocean, but we may head to the Gulf to check it out. We live about 15 miles inland.
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    paging BD: more than happy to come down to help you board up your brand new house

:mrgreen:

*cough*hurricaneparty*cough*
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    Rollings, No! We will be fine!

The only part that sucks is that everyone panics and the lines for water and gas get ridiculous because that season in '06 was truly annoying. I agree with Nelly though...we'll have some amazing waves. :) Its interesting to see natures fury at the ocean.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    Ten is now Tropical Storm Joyce. looks like its headed towards Bermuda, then take a bank shot north, so will most likely not affect eastern coast.

144535W5_NL_sm.gif
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    paging BD: more than happy to come down to help you board up your brand new house

Yeah I am really thrilled that I moved :evil: :fp:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

but we will be thinking of you when we are digging out of the next blizzard

and you did get flood insurance, right?
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

i love running a snow blower. one of life's great joys.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    Ten is now Tropical Storm Joyce. looks like its headed towards Bermuda, then take a bank shot north, so will most likely not affect eastern coast.

144535W5_NL_sm.gif

oh baby gonna be bringing some waves to long island just in time for my 5 dayer next week 8-)
    edited November 2012
    update
    Post edited by rollings on
    edited November 2012
    update
    Post edited by rollings on
    hurr2r.png

updated path slightly to the west more
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

It's the south's way of saying, "Welcome to your New Home BD!"
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • rollings wrote:

The only part that sucks is that everyone panics and the lines for water and gas get ridiculous because that season in '06 was truly annoying. I agree with Nelly though...we'll have some amazing waves. :) Its interesting to see natures fury at the ocean.

I haven't done any prep yet.

Do you mean 05? When they actually ran out of letters? :lol: I had a four-day old baby when Wilma hit in 2005. ...being without electricity for a week or two was ...not so pleasant!
    i remember when (cant remember, Charlie? '04) knocked us out up here. I was out of power for about 4 or 5 days and used to drive to my moms and take a swim/shower in the pool every morning before work. Shit was wild.
    We were but stones your light made us stars
    http://www.stormpulse.com/2012-hurricane-season

the best website by a mile

joyce will be 1,000 miles from the summer crib when my vacation starts....peeeerrrrfect for the waves
    and their is another one beginning just south of cape verde

they said it was gonna be an active year
  • FrankieGFrankieG Posts: 9,100
    http://www.stormpulse.com/2012-hurricane-season

the best website by a mile

joyce will be 1,000 miles from the summer crib when my vacation starts....peeeerrrrfect for the waves

That is an awesome website
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA
    2022: 9/14 NJ ... 2024: 5/28 WA, 9/7 PA, 9/9 PA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

Hope all works out well.
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    81 wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

i love running a snow blower. one of life's great joys.

#truth #fact
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    Looks like it's going west... sorry for those out in the gulf... hope you will be ok...
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    rollings wrote:

I haven't done any prep yet.

Do you mean 05? When they actually ran out of letters? :lol: I had a four-day old baby when Wilma hit in 2005. ...being without electricity for a week or two was ...not so pleasant!

Actually, i think it was '04 -- Frances and Jeanne that put a damper on things in palm beach county. I didnt have electricity for about three weeks, maybe almost a month... and getting gasoline was a chore!
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
    Looks like it's going west... sorry for those out in the gulf... hope you will be ok...

my website tells u all u need to know

no guessing needed