Options

Minnesota lawmaker urged to step aside-oral w minor boy

Comments

• Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    i think it's illegal to have sex at a public rest area isn't it?

i dunno ... is it!? ... what are you condemning this man for? ...
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,117
    polaris_x wrote:
    Godfather. wrote:
    the "legal age of consent" ? I'm not going along with that,if you have or know a 16 or 17 year old child would it be o.k that this pedifile had sex with him...and at a rest stop ?...call me onry and old and set in my ways but this to me is very disturbing, if this guy is going to pick up young boys on the internet for sex how young will he be wanting them the more he does this ? how can he be trusted in government office ?

Godfather.

uhhh ... i'm pretty sure quite a few 17 year olds are having sex ... if anything this shows how marginalized the gay community is ... that someone like him feels like he has to meet people in rest stops to have sex ...

Not many with 56 year olds.

And I agree with you comment about being marginalized, although it may not be the case, he could just like this sort of thing.

Bottom line, anyone meeting anyone in a public restroom for sex is wrong because, you know, it's a fucking public restroom. But I do wonder what drove him to do that. I wish I knew if it was him feeling shame and trying ot hide it, or he's just a creepy old dude.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    polaris_x wrote:
    Godfather. wrote:
    the "legal age of consent" ? I'm not going along with that,if you have or know a 16 or 17 year old child would it be o.k that this pedifile had sex with him...and at a rest stop ?...call me onry and old and set in my ways but this to me is very disturbing, if this guy is going to pick up young boys on the internet for sex how young will he be wanting them the more he does this ? how can he be trusted in government office ?

Godfather.

uhhh ... i'm pretty sure quite a few 17 year olds are having sex ... if anything this shows how marginalized the gay community is ... that someone like him feels like he has to meet people in rest stops to have sex ...

????? wow really ? if you really want to disagree with me on something/anything as you uaslly do I would hope you would pick something less vile because your last reply was a little "I know you are but what am I ?" ish..
    almost like you know I am right but just can't bring yourself to agree with me, if you really believe that a 56 year old man having sex ANYWHERE with a 17 year old child is o.k then I just learned more about you than I rerally need to know but I hope that's not the case.

Godfather.
  • Options
    Godfather. wrote:
    ????? wow really ? if you really want to disagree with me on something/anything as you uaslly do I would hope you would pick something less vile because your last reply was a little "I know you are but what am I ?" ish..
    almost like you know I am right but just can't bring yourself to agree with me, if you really believe that a 56 year old man having sex ANYWHERE with a 17 year old child is o.k then I just learned more about you than I rerally need to know but I hope that's not the case.

Godfather.

:lol::lol:

sorry - we see the world through two different sets of eyes ... i don't disagree with anyone for the sake of it ...
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,750
    polaris_x wrote:
    Godfather. wrote:

Godfather.

And I agree with you comment about being marginalized, although it may not be the case, he could just like this sort of thing.

Bottom line, anyone meeting anyone in a public restroom for sex is wrong because, you know, it's a fucking public restroom. But I do wonder what drove him to do that. I wish I knew if it was him feeling shame and trying ot hide it, or he's just a creepy old dude.

Wait a minute... never mind, bad joke. :lol:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options

there are many 56 year olds having sex with 18 year old women now ... maybe not a public restroom but in hotel rooms across the country ... maybe if he wasn't worrying about neighbours would think ... i dunno ...
  • Options
    Godfather. wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:
    Godfather. wrote:

Godfather.

Godfather.

I'm not saying I'm for or against it, Godfather, but I don't think the age difference is that unusual. I know a guy who is 70 who married a 26 year old. Their difference is 44 years as opposed to 39 years. And most kids have had sex by the time they're 17. I don't think age is the issue here.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    just say'n 17 ? the guy is 56 his brain is about developed as it's going to get and kid at 17...not so much.

Godfather.
  • Options
    Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    Godfather. wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:
    actually this doesn't bother me ... assuming this guy isn't married and wasn't railing against gay rights ... also, under the assumption the boy was above the legal age of consent and their behaviour was consensual ...

Godfather.
    Police say the teenager responded to the lawmaker's Craigslist ad for "no strings attached" sex. 
    It was consensual - the younger guy actually initiated contact.

I'm curious why the police got involved in the first place.....and why it's legal to release the police report to the public if no charges were laid and it was determined that this guy did nothing wrong.
    Smear campaign, maybe?
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Smear campaign, maybe?

It's only a "smear campaign" when its a democrat. :lol: If this were a Republican it would be "the truth". :lol:
  • Options
    Godfather. wrote:
    just say'n 17 ? the guy is 56 his brain is about developed as it's going to get and kid at 17...not so much.

Godfather.

Yeah, does seem a bit weird to my way of thinking.

To tell the truth, I get kind of tired of hearing about "sex scandals" of this sort- I think they detract from more important issues.

• Options
    DS1119 wrote:
    Smear campaign, maybe?

It's only a "smear campaign" when its a democrat. :lol: If this were a Republican it would be "the truth". :lol:
    I don't play partisan politics. The media should stay out of people's bedrooms. And, apparently, public rest stops....R or D.
  • Options

I'm curious why the police got involved in the first place.....and why it's legal to release the police report to the public if no charges were laid and it was determined that this guy did nothing wrong.
    Smear campaign, maybe?

Determined this guy did nothing wrong? Really? Sex in a public restroom is ok????? Damn it I knew my wife was full of shit. pun intended.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    edited August 2012

Smear campaign, maybe?

Determined this guy did nothing wrong? Really? Sex in a public restroom is ok????? Damn it I knew my wife was full of shit. pun intended.
    well as long as they closed the stall door and weren't noisy enough to cause a disturbance......I couldn't care less :P
    He wasn't charged with anything....so is it an arbitrary decision by some random police official, whether or not something is 'ok' enough to remain private, or 'wrong' enough to broadcast it to the world?
    If he did something wrong, charge him for it. If not, leave him alone.
    Post edited by Drowned Out on
  • Options
    ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    You know how you get these types of things to stop?

Stop making people feel like they are weird or a monster for being gay.

wow well said mate.. like your thinking.. I love how more then not when it's gay sex and a minor the fact that is was gay sex is highlighted.. but if it was a 17 year old girl there wouldn't be a big of an issue.
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • Options

Smear campaign, maybe?

Also, you're assuming they had sex in a restroom stall. Rest stops are usually big areas with lots of places to hide. I always think of the scene from Something About Mary when I hear these stories....with the flood lights coming on, and guys all over the place getting it on :lol:
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:
    Smear campaign, maybe?

I don't play partisan politics. The media should stay out of people's bedrooms. And, apparently, public rest stops....R or D.

Well what he did is illegal. :lol:
  • Options
    Zoso wrote:
    You know how you get these types of things to stop?

Stop making people feel like they are weird or a monster for being gay.

wow well said mate.. like your thinking.. I love how more then not when it's gay sex and a minor the fact that is was gay sex is highlighted.. but if it was a 17 year old girl there wouldn't be a big of an issue.

Yeah, good example of how strong biases are. One of my nephews once said, "Do you ever notice how people describe others? Someone might say, 'I saw this black guy with green tennis shoes standing in line', but if the guy was white he would probably just say, 'I saw this guy with green tennis shoes standing in line'." And maybe the reverse would be true.

It's like there's this knee jerk reaction to single out what we are not. To some degree, maybe that's normal, but too often it is about unrecognized or even blatant prejudice.

• Options
    Also, you're assuming they had sex

Well since the 17 year old boy admitted to police of having oral sex and the Democratic leaders and the State Democratic Party Chairman are calling for Kerry Gauthiers resignation from the race...I would say it's safe to assume something happened. :lol:
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:

What part? We don't have a lot of details on this....and if it was illegal...why wasn't he charged? If he wasn't charged....why are we talking about it?
    Because people want to project their morality on others, as usual....
    DS1119 wrote:

Well since the 17 year old boy admitted to police of having oral sex and the Democratic leaders and the State Democratic Party Chairman are calling for Kerry Gauthiers resignation from the race...I would say it's safe to assume something happened. :lol:
    wtf dude :?
    Did you stop reading after six words? The snippet you posted totally changes the context of what I said. I was disputing where they had sex, not whether they did or not. (without getting into the Clinton definition of sexual relations).
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:

What part? We don't have a lot of details on this....and if it was illegal...why wasn't he charged? If he wasn't charged....why are we talking about it?
    Because people want to project their morality on others, as usual....
    DS1119 wrote:

wtf dude :?
    Did you stop reading after six words? The snippet you posted totally changes the context of what I said. I was disputing where they had sex, not whether they did or not. (without getting into the Clinton definition of sexual relations).

A lot of people with power in this country get away with things they shouldn't in exchange for other considerations. Perhaps his deal is he steps down, and the charges go away. I know my Dad used to have a license plate in the Utica area that pretty much allowed him to park wherever he wanted and the cops wouldn't fuck with him as long as he kept making his "donation" to the PBA annually. He also had a good friend in the STate Police that gave him a sticker he would place on his windshield which, as long as he didn't kill anyone, pretty much allowed him to drive at any speed throughout the State he wanted. All I know in the original article the boy admitted to the sex and the Democratic leader is calling for a resignation. Walks like a duck...talks like a duck...and so on. :lol:
  • Options
    Bottom line, anyone meeting anyone in a public restroom for sex is wrong because, you know, it's a fucking public restroom.

But I don't think the sex happened in the public restroom or he'd have been charged with public indecency. And they police said that what he did - meet the young man - wasn't illegal.

Immoral - yeah, probably. But not illegal.

Look... I'm not defending ANYONE here, just pointing out that "pedophilia" is being attracted to pre-pubescent children. Up to about 10 years old. Someone having relations with someone who is about to turn 18 doesn't make one a pedophile. Just... well, maybe a bit of a creep.
  • Options
    usamamasan1usamamasan1 Posts: 4,695
    he is lucky this isn't Russia
  • Options
    Bottom line, anyone meeting anyone in a public restroom for sex is wrong because, you know, it's a fucking public restroom.

But I don't think the sex happened in the public restroom or he'd have been charged with public indecency. And they police said that what he did - meet the young man - wasn't illegal.

Immoral - yeah, probably. But not illegal.

Look... I'm not defending ANYONE here, just pointing out that "pedophilia" is being attracted to pre-pubescent children. Up to about 10 years old. Someone having relations with someone who is about to turn 18 doesn't make one a pedophile. Just... well, maybe a bit of a creep.

Actually by definition it's 13 not 10.
  • Options
    comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    polaris_x wrote:
    actually this doesn't bother me ... assuming this guy isn't married and wasn't railing against gay rights ... also, under the assumption the boy was above the legal age of consent and their behaviour was consensual ...
    I agree. I mean it's a seedy, but it's not illegal and it doesn't make him a pedophile. I don't know if I necessarily want him in public office, but I'm sure I could say that about a lot of politicians if I knew their sexual proclivities.
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • Options
    the guy would be hailed as a hero by his tennis buddies if he had been banging a chick. I think it's disgusting, personally, but only because of the age difference, not because of the orientation.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    I don't know if I necessarily want him in public office, but I'm sure I could say that about a lot of politicians if I knew their sexual proclivities.

that's exactly it. if my boss knew what i did on the weekends they probably wouldn't want me around either. :lol: it's nobody's business.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    I don't know if I necessarily want him in public office, but I'm sure I could say that about a lot of politicians if I knew their sexual proclivities.

that's exactly it. if my boss knew what i did on the weekends they probably wouldn't want me around either. :lol: it's nobody's business.

that's exactly what Paul Rubin said :lol::lol::lol:

Godfather.
  • Options

Last I read is they did it behind a pavillion at the rest stop. Sure seems like they shoulda been charged.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885

Last I read is they did it behind a pavillion at the rest stop. Sure seems like they shoulda been charged.
    behind a pavillion is illegal? :shock: :shifty:
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"