Saturday Plans

1373839404143»

Comments

• yes, they are...so they do play around here a lot!!! Their Toxic cover is outstanding live!!!!! :lol::lol:

It is amazing the sound they produce with only two guys. Their shows are always full of energy. A few years ago they did a week long stand at the Beat Kitchen and they played a different album every night. I've also gone to shows where the audience got to pick the set list. They are a fantastic live band and have a wonderful sarcastic sense of humor.

I heard about that whole album thing...too cool. 8-)
    I'll be saving the galaxy and banging ashley, fighting the geth, killing saren and then the sovereign to stop a reaper invasion.

~silly guy things~

:lol::lol:
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • JBiiJBii Posts: 354
    wallpaper prep errands drinks pool nap eats hot tub drinks Wisconsin game! GO BADGERS!!
    That what you fear the most could meet you halfway
  • It's a throwaway Saturday.. Roofer coming to look at leak, a/c guy comin I replace ducts, and I'm fixing two broken toilets. Then mow the grass. :fp:
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,286
    Clean house....buy new Vodka I got introduced to the other night (Broken Shed, holy crap it's good), go to grocery, clean car, make the first hearty stew of the season then hang and drink said vodka.
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • I'm in NYC for holidays. Walking up to Central Park West to the Dakota apartments where John Lennon lived/died and then over to Strawberry Fields. Probably spend some time in Central Park before heading over to the Bronx Zoo. At some point we want to find Tom's restaurant from Seinfeld and get our picture taken there. Not sure what else we're doing yet but it's going to be an awesome day!
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,787
    going into NYC to get a haircut
    buy some shirts
    a pair of shoes

maybe get a bloody mary and some oysters
    I'm in NYC for holidays. Walking up to Central Park West to the Dakota apartments where John Lennon lived/died and then over to Strawberry Fields. Probably spend some time in Central Park before heading over to the Bronx Zoo. At some point we want to find Tom's restaurant from Seinfeld and get our picture taken there. Not sure what else we're doing yet but it's going to be an awesome day!

the perfect day to walk the Brooklyn Bridge!
  • Sprunkn7 wrote:
    I'm in NYC for holidays. Walking up to Central Park West to the Dakota apartments where John Lennon lived/died and then over to Strawberry Fields. Probably spend some time in Central Park before heading over to the Bronx Zoo. At some point we want to find Tom's restaurant from Seinfeld and get our picture taken there. Not sure what else we're doing yet but it's going to be an awesome day!

the perfect day to walk the Brooklyn Bridge!

We're not going anywhere near the Brooklyn Bridge today. Just got back from To 's Restaurant. Did not know that Obama ate there a lot when he attended Columbia University. Going back out soon to walk up 5th avenue by Rockefeller Center.
    well, if you get the chance, the Brooklyn Bridge walk and the High Line is a good bet in nice cool sunny weather.

or take the Staten Island Ferry, it goes past the Statue of Liberty on each pass in / out and it's free.

perfect weather for all three. Plus there is an Italian Festival on Mulberry Street this weekend. thats where I would be....ahhh, food in Little Italy...heaven!
  • Sprunkn7 wrote:
    well, if you get the chance, the Brooklyn Bridge walk and the High Line is a good bet in nice cool sunny weather.

or take the Staten Island Ferry, it goes past the Statue of Liberty on each pass in / out and it's free.

perfect weather for all three. Plus there is an Italian Festival on Mulberry Street this weekend. thats where I would be....ahhh, food in Little Italy...heaven!

The Italian festival sounds good, but going to Jersey tomorrow for the football game. Thanks for the the tip though. :)
    ha, no worries. Have a great time at the game and hope you enjoyed NY!!
  • wasa1971wasa1971 Posts: 2,144
    Going to a wedding at the Banff Springs, rumour says the hotel is haunted.......
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 Posts: 26,144
    UFC 169!
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Mow the grass, rake leaves, drink a rum and coke on nicely trimmed grass...then head to Top-5 records for my friends band, New Coke, album release party.
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,674
    spend all day at an arena. Daughter's yr end hockey tourney today......all I can say is thank god the season is over :))
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • bluegracebluegrace Posts: 2,357
    Not much on Saturday, having coffee with a friend, but on Friday I will read my poems to an audience.
    Kool Kat Club 1992, Moderna museet 1992, Globen 2012, Friends arena 2014
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    bluegrace said:

Not much on Saturday, having coffee with a friend, but on Friday I will read my poems to an audience.

Cool bluegrace! do you read them often to audiences?

bluegrace said:

Every now and then. I had a similar reading last Autumn. And in three weeks time there will be another reading. I'm almost getting used to it, but I'm still a bit nervous. But it's fun, and I think being nervous is a good thing.
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    bluegrace said:

bluegrace said:

Every now and then. I had a similar reading last Autumn. And in three weeks time there will be another reading. I'm almost getting used to it, but I'm still a bit nervous. But it's fun, and I think being nervous is a good thing.
    Thats very cool. I couldnt do that - i'd be too nervous! Good luck bluegrace!
    Thank you! And I really think you should try it sometime. The feeling when you get off stage after your reading... marvellous.
  • wasa1971wasa1971 Posts: 2,144
    Golfing. I'm on vacation. I hate golf.
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,674
    wasa1971 said:

Golfing. I'm on vacation. I hate golf.

wish I was golfing right now, still too much snow on the ground here
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
    We're going to this club to party and celebrate another club we used to go to in the late 80's. But I have decided not to feel old during this night. It's supposed to be fun, so I'll do my best partying.