Wisdom tooth...OUCH

2»

Comments

• markymark550markymark550 Posts: 5,127
    DS1119 wrote:
    LiLiNY81 wrote:
    That's what makes me most nervous. I've never been put out for anything. I'd prefer to be awake for the procedure if at all possible.

That's your preference but I've actually been put under five times for sugeries and there's truly nothing to it. :lol: I'm not sure how it's done ofr dentistry but all I know is they give you a little shot that makes you goofy as all hell...you suck on some gas...and then the next thing you remember you wake up and it's done.

I will say I did wake up during shoulder surgery once. That was freaky. :lol: :?
    Pretty much the same...I had the gas first, then the sedative in the shot. Plus, whoever goes with you gets to laugh at you when you wake up. My dad took me and said I looked like I had just gotten off of a 3 day drinking binge. :lol:
  • samjamsamjam Posts: 9,283
    Let me give you some advice if you're paranoid (like I am): do NOT look up dry sockets! I don't think I have one but can't rule it out yet aaaaand freaking out about the prospect...ouch!
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Aleve works great for toothaches, I have had all four wisdom teeth out
    a couple other attractions out and numerous toothaches prior to
    many dental procedures.

I was awake for all ...
    the laughing gas is a gas :lol:
    being put under can be a drag. I had that twice in unrelated surgeries
    and I felt like a truck ran over me for days after.

Good luck hope you feel better soon.
    This as all things shall pass...
  • LiLiNY81LiLiNY81 Posts: 775
    Jeez, I don't even wanna know how I'd be with the gas...I'm goofy enough as it is :lol:
    "Now YOU listen. When we are on this ship, you are to refer to me as 'Idiot' not 'You Captain'!"
    saldoubledutchgif_zps889c30d5.gif
  • rpech'erpech'e Twin Cities Posts: 1,106
    samjam wrote:
    Let me give you some advice if you're paranoid (like I am): do NOT look up dry sockets! I don't think I have one but can't rule it out yet aaaaand freaking out about the prospect...ouch!

Yes watch out for this - DRY SOCKET :sick:
  • morellomorello Posts: 6,212
    It's been said above but all I can say is clove oil, clove oil, clove oil! My ex-husband had some really bad teeth shit goin on for a while back in the day, he was not quick to take anything, or do anything about it but once he tried clove oil was like OMFG why didn't I do this AGES ago!!

Hope things get sorted for you soon with minimum pain(in the mouth/jaw & wallet).
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    How's the tooph holding up?
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    LloydXmas wrote:
    How's the tooph holding up?

I guess it killed her. :lol: