Unofficial Gin lovers thread

13»

Comments

• mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    81 wrote:
    mca47 wrote:
    It's amazing how so many small distillers can do vodka pretty well, but f up gin!

It's the same damn distilling process....with juniper and other botanicals.

I don't get it.

this is the first small batch that i have tried.....and last.

it's like turpentine

i think the issue is, they try to be fancy with the ingredients....to put their own little spin on it,....and ultimately fuck it up.

i wish you could smell it.
    I've tried a number over the years and most are miserable.
    I can get a bad micro-bourbon and I'll keep it around for "end of night" or "I've got nothing else". Bad gin goes down the drain...there is no situation where that can make a comeback! :lol:
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    mca47 wrote:
    I can get a bad micro-bourbon and I'll keep it around for "end of night" or "I've got nothing else". Bad gin goes down the drain...there is no situation where that can make a comeback! :lol:

it's either getting shipped to wisconin or it's being given away at wrigley......to sawyer
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    mca47 wrote:

it's either getting shipped to wisconin or it's being given away at wrigley......to sawyer
    That guy still exists? :shock:

:lol::lol:
    mca47 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    mca47 wrote:

That guy still exists? :shock:

there is a reason comcast customer service sucks.........
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    made it half way thru the bottle. key is to not make the drinks so strong, that the gin over powers the OJ. it also helps to put the gin in first, and pour the oj over it, vs the other way around. get a better mix that way.

still wouldn't buy it again.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,511
    tangueray and tonic has been my go-to drink for years.

gin > vodka. no doubt.
    www.myspace.com
  • morellomorello Posts: 6,212
    Mmmmmm.... gin! I'm on the wagon atm(no I'm not pregnant) so my Bombay Sapphire stash(get a bottle at least every time I, or someone I know travels) is torturing me. Drool.....
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
    Picked up a bottle of bombay
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!! Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!! \m/
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    morello wrote:
    81 wrote:
    First drink will be in your honor
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    morello wrote:
    81 wrote:
    First drink will be in your honor
    Well done. Excellent *rubshands*

Hey, I forget, you going to Wrigley or not? If so, make sure you have a drink there for me too, if not, see you & have a drink with you here on the setlist thread.
    <hr>
  • he.who.forgetshe.who.forgets Posts: 4,593
    Bought a bottle of BlueCoat the other day. Pretty decent but overpriced imo
    We were but stones your light made us stars
    Bought a bottle of BlueCoat the other day. Pretty decent but overpriced imo
    I don't know that one but enjoy. :)
    <hr>
    Got a "handle" of Bombay Sapphire yesterday for $26!
    I prefer Tang, but you can't beat that!!
    :thumbup:
    Bombay is acceptable

What is a handle
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    Bombay is acceptable

What is a handle

1.75L
    mca47 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    Bombay is acceptable

What is a handle

1.75L

that's a hell of a deal then....i paid 24 for a 750 :fp:

normally i get a handle of tang for like 31 plus tax
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    Hendricks is great - but expensive. My husband gets it for me for my birthday and Christmas. (And helps me drink it.)

There's some awful stuff I got once - it's fruity? (Insert joke here.) Tasted like ass. Can't remember the name.
    when people say something tastes like ass....i wonder....have they ever tasted it :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    81 wrote:
    when people say something tastes like ass....i wonder....have they ever tasted it :lol:

I...

:leaving
    Enkidu wrote:
    Hendricks is great - but expensive. My husband gets it for me for my birthday and Christmas. (And helps me drink it.)

There's some awful stuff I got once - it's fruity? (Insert joke here.) Tasted like ass. Can't remember the name.

if you think hendricks is expensive.....i would stay out of the bourbon section of the store :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    81 wrote:
    Enkidu wrote:

if you think hendricks is expensive.....i would stay out of the bourbon section of the store :lol:

Junipero (sp?) is fantastic. Also expensive. I like that gin tastes sort of like trees.
    81 wrote:

that didn't last long :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    81 wrote:

Ok ok...from now on I'll say something tastes like Indian Food. Same thing...
  • tinkerbelltinkerbell Posts: 2,161
    Mmmmm gin.... has to be one of my favourite drinks. Love Bombay or Gordon's.
    I love the word GIN too, I use it to curse at work. "This stupid Ginny gin gin GL account won't balance! For gins Ginny sake!"
    all you need is love, love is all you need
    tinkerbell wrote:
    I love the word GIN too, I use it to curse at work. "This stupid Ginny gin gin GL account won't balance! For gins Ginny sake!"

i just say fuck
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

Ok ok...from now on I'll say something tastes like Indian Food. Same thing...

out..you out....Indian food rocks.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    tinkerbell wrote:

:);)
    Got a bottle of Bluecoat Gin this weekend. Never had before...

Good stuff!! :thumbup:
  • Thanks to somebody here I know beer and gin mixed is something awful.