Unofficial Gin lovers thread

8181 Posts: 58,276
edited July 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
Ten

so good and tasty....

anyways....gin might be the most under rated beverage of adult nature out there.
81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mervin50mervin50 Posts: 217
    Agreed. Love Tanqueray, not a connoisseur so can't say who makes a better batch.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    mervin50 wrote:
    Agreed. Love Tanqueray, not a connoisseur so can't say who makes a better batch.

nobody it seems...was at the store this week...vodka after vodka after vodka....and only a liltle gin section. americans have no clue :fp:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    i had my customary 7 pm g and t while walking the little one...bombay is my choice but when you can get handles of beefeater for 24 bones it's not hard to make a choice
    RW81233 wrote:
    i had my customary 7 pm g and t while walking the little one...bombay is my choice but when you can get handles of beefeater for 24 bones it's not hard to make a choice

used to like the beef...not so much anymore...i'm a tangerueyeyeyeryyryr *(spell check) sort of guy. dig the Ten
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Stardog3..Stardog3.. Posts: 1,527
    81 wrote:
    used to like the beef...not so much anymore...i'm a tanqueray *(spell check) sort of guy. dig the Ten

fixed

I approve this thread.
    Stardog3.. wrote:
    81 wrote:
    used to like the beef...not so much anymore...i'm a tanqueray *(spell check) sort of guy. dig the Ten

fixed

I approve this thread.

there he is....err....she is..... :lol: :wave:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • RoughMixRoughMix Posts: 385
    Gordon's anyone?
    "They don't give a shit Keith Moon is dead,
    is that exactly what I thought I read."
  • agree with your sentiments, sir. Love me some straight gin on the rocks. Nice, crisp, citrusy refreshment. And there's nothing quite like a dirty Beefeater Martini, with maybe a bleu cheese stuffed olive or two
    We were but stones your light made us stars
    RoughMix wrote:
    Gordon's anyone?

not had that....is it good? i'll try it if.......
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    agree with your sentiments, sir. Love me some straight gin on the rocks. Nice, crisp, citrusy refreshment. And there's nothing quite like a dirty Beefeater Martini, with maybe a bleu cheese stuffed olive or two

I definitely find gin makes a smooth and tasty cocktail. Maybe not the beverage to cool you off on a hot summer day but it is my drink of choice after dark.
    agree with your sentiments, sir. Love me some straight gin on the rocks. Nice, crisp, citrusy refreshment. And there's nothing quite like a dirty Beefeater Martini, with maybe a bleu cheese stuffed olive or two

martini with a lemon garnish

#classic
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Stardog3.. wrote:
    81 wrote:

fixed

I approve this thread.
    get your ass back on twitter :fp:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • RoughMixRoughMix Posts: 385
    81 wrote:
    RoughMix wrote:
    Gordon's anyone?

not had that....is it good? i'll try it if.......

No.1 in the U.K.
    Not that I live there.
    But, I like it.
    "They don't give a shit Keith Moon is dead,
    is that exactly what I thought I read."
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    I have never had a good experience drunk on gin. :fp:
  • 81 wrote:
    Ten

so good and tasty....

anyways....gin might be the most under rated beverage of adult nature out there.

Have never ever tasted gin in my life believe it or not...
    I will walk w/my hands bound
    I will walk w/my face blood
    I will walk w/my shadow flag

Memories back when she was smooth and strong
    and waiting for the world to come along...

Eddie solo Vegas Oct 31,Nov 1 2012
    81 wrote:
    Ten

so good and tasty....

Do yourself a favor and buy yourself a bottle of Tanqueray. Add some tonic and fresh lime. Life changing.
  • shepshep Posts: 5,761
    DS1119 wrote:

I did but...

When was was 16 thru 18 I drank gin like it was going out of style (remember in Canada, legal drinking age is 19, so it sounds worse than it really was)... got sick on it so many times I can't even smell the stuff 12 years later and it makes me want to vomit...

Give me a single malt on the rocks any day...

speaking of which... which one should I have this evening? There's a 10 yr Talisker, McCallans 12 yr, and a 16 yr distill-masters dram of Lagavullin open in the liquor cabinet.... (i know none of those spellings are right...)

damn i have expensive taste :fp:
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
    Stardog3.. wrote:
    81 wrote:
    Ten

so good and tasty....

Do yourself a favor and buy yourself a bottle of Tanqueray. Add some tonic and fresh lime. Life changing.

Tanqueray ten on the rocks is all you really need.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    shep wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

I did but...

When was was 16 thru 18 I drank gin like it was going out of style (remember in Canada, legal drinking age is 19, so it sounds worse than it really was)... got sick on it so many times I can't even smell the stuff 12 years later and it makes me want to vomit...

speaking of which... which one should I have this evening? There's a 10 yr Talisker, McCallans 12 yr, and a 16 yr distill-masters dram of Lagavullin open in the liquor cabinet.... (i know none of those spellings are right...)

Gin makes me angry. Totally uncharacteristic for me when I;m drinking. Believe it or not I get even more stupid when drunk...but in a good way...I think. :fp: :lol:
    81 wrote:
    Stardog3.. wrote:

Tanqueray ten on the rocks is all you really need.

Since you know all, I'll leave this thread to you sensei.
    shep wrote:

hi, my name is 81 and you buy me drinks any time. :lol:

i know the feeling.....i can't drink shit booze at all anymore
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Stardog3.. wrote:
    Since you know all, I'll leave this thread to you sensei.

have you met sensei earl? talk about a whacked out mod. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • shepshep Posts: 5,761
    81 wrote:
    shep wrote:

hi, my name is 81 and you buy me drinks any time. :lol:

i know the feeling.....i can't drink shit booze at all anymore

shit booze isn't an option. If it's not a name brand I won't touch it (with the exception of single malt of course)....

Alright, S05E01 of breaking bad right now with a glass of sierra nevada porter... back in about 50 minutes ;)
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
    shep wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

I did but...

Lagavullin all the way!!!!
  • morellomorello Posts: 6,212
    edited August 2012
    Mmmmm, gin! Definitely my 1st choice tipple of an evening. I always have some bottles of Bombay stashed away at home. I have several people who let me know whenever they're traveling overseas & ask if I need any duty free booze/gin. Several people have advised me Tanqueray is better that Bombay but the blue bottle is just so sexy.

Right, sun is well over the yardarm here, where is that bottle....Oh & I own the martini glasses to one day have more martinis in my life, living on my own though I don't think it's a good habit to get into just yet.
    Post edited by morello on
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Gin and tonic with mint and lime is my drink of choice!

I prefer Tanq 10.

No one understands my love of this clear liquid and call me grandma for drinking it.
    Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure - science.
    ~Edwin Powell Hubble

Men love to wonder, and that is the seed of science.
    ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
    Gin and tonic with mint and lime is my drink of choice!

I prefer Tanq 10.

No one understands my love of this clear liquid and call me grandma for drinking it.

no fear....

i've ordered gin and juice before....and that gets some weird looks
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    Gin and tonic with mint and lime is my drink of choice!

I prefer Tanq 10.

no fear....

i've ordered gin and juice before....and that gets some weird looks

gin_and_juice_281x211.jpg
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,675
    I don't know if all Gin bottles have this warning. But when I was a teen, 1 of my buddies would drink it every once in awhile (forget brand) and there was a warning label on the bottle that said "Drinking in excess may cause temporary blindness" That always cracked me up :lol::lol:
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    I love Bombay but I haven't had it in a few years. Might have to order some the next time I'm out.