Pulled a Drowning Girl Out of the River Last Weekend

SnakeduckSnakeduck Posts: 1,056
edited August 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
Risked my own life to swim through a dicey section, crawl out on a tree branch overhanging the water and pull this fat ten year old pinned in the lower branches out of the river while the rest of her family just kept floating. Hurt my back just a bit in the process as it was everything I could do to lift her up out of the water from my balancing tree perch. Got her reunited with her family about a half mile down the river and received a dissmissive one word "thanks" for my efforts. They didn't even look at me.

Hey family, next time, just let me kow that you don't care if she drowns and I won't waste my time or gamble with my own safety. People are nutty. Oh well, good deed and all that jazz.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    Snakeduck wrote:
    Risked my own life to swim through a dicey section, crawl out on a tree branch overhanging the water and pull this fat ten year old pinned in the lower branches out of the river while the rest of her family just kept floating. Hurt my back just a bit in the process as it was everything I could do to lift her up out of the water from my balancing tree perch. Got her reunited with her family abouty a half mile down the river and received a dissmissive one word "thanks" for my efforts. They didn't even look at me.

Hey family, next time, just let me kow that you don't care if she drowns and I won't waste my time or gamble with my own safety. People are nutty. Oh well, good deed and all that jazz.

I hope your Crocs made it through that ordeal.
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    captainchaos.jpg

"I Saved that Women's Dog, J.J."
  • SnakeduckSnakeduck Posts: 1,056
    Snakeduck wrote:
    Risked my own life to swim through a dicey section, crawl out on a tree branch overhanging the water and pull this fat ten year old pinned in the lower branches out of the river while the rest of her family just kept floating. Hurt my back just a bit in the process as it was everything I could do to lift her up out of the water from my balancing tree perch. Got her reunited with her family abouty a half mile down the river and received a dissmissive one word "thanks" for my efforts. They didn't even look at me.

I hope your Crocs made it through that ordeal.

If it wasn't for those giant life preservers on my feet, I never would have made it across the river... :D
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    captainchaos.jpg

"I Saved that Women's Dog, J.J."
    Aw damn, Dom!

Loved him.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    Snakeduck wrote:
    Risked my own life to swim through a dicey section, crawl out on a tree branch overhanging the water and pull this fat ten year old pinned in the lower branches out of the river while the rest of her family just kept floating. Hurt my back just a bit in the process as it was everything I could do to lift her up out of the water from my balancing tree perch. Got her reunited with her family about a half mile down the river and received a dissmissive one word "thanks" for my efforts. They didn't even look at me.

so you messed with natural selection...great...you want a medal?
    norm wrote:
    Snakeduck wrote:

:lol:

You're totally correct. I just helped make the future a worse place... Dammit!
    Snakeduck wrote:

just stick to wrastlin' bears and running like a little girl from cute, docile goats
  • comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    norm wrote:
    Snakeduck wrote:

:lol::lol::lol:

very cool of you though. I aspire to be your damsel in distress one day 8-)
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
    norm wrote:
    Snakeduck wrote:

just stick to wrastlin' bears and running like a little girl from cute, docile goats

Can do. Just read an article stating that Idaho river otters have been attacking people. Probably need to go investigate... while keeping my distance from those cute little blood-thirsty monsters.

wildlife_otter.jpg
    norm wrote:
    Snakeduck wrote:

:lol::lol::lol: "docile goats"

You already were... remember my basement dungeon. Wait, I guess it doesn't count if I'm the one putting you in distress...
    norm wrote:
    Snakeduck wrote:

:lol::lol::lol: "docile goats"

Do these viscious beasts look the least bit docile to you? Huh, do they?

goats.jpg
    Snakeduck wrote:
    Can do. Just read an article stating that Idaho river otters have been attacking people. Probably need to go investigate... while keeping my distance from those cute little blood-thirsty monsters.

568112.jpg
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    I declare a good job, despite the family of Turd Fergusons.
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    You shoulda thrown the kid right back in the water in front of the fam.

For real though, way cool...even though you are boasting about it :P
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    even though you are boasting about it :P

Perhaps we haven't met just yet... I'm eyed. :lol:
  • mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    Snakeduck wrote:

You did a good deed and saved a 10 yr old child - Sorry about the families horrible attitude toward you.
    ********************************************************************************************* image
    Mamasan23 wrote:

1262055260350.jpg
    mikalina wrote:
    Snakeduck wrote:

You did a good deed and saved a 10 yr old child - Sorry about the families horrible attitude toward you.

I also cut my index finger just a bit during the rescue... :(

:D
    claar.bar.JPG

:shock: Look what i found, it's Real!
  • comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    Snakeduck wrote:

You already were... remember my basement dungeon. Wait, I guess it doesn't count if I'm the one putting you in distress...
    That's the good kind of distress 8-)

You might need to save me from these wild beasts :shock:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epUk3T2Kfno
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
    claar.bar.JPG

I really am related to those cats and have been to that winery. That's my family crest right there...
    You might need to save me from these wild beasts :shock:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epUk3T2Kfno

That's how they lure people into attack range out in the wild... :lol::lol:
    Snakeduck wrote:
    claar.bar.JPG

I really am related to those cats and have been to that winery. That's my family crest right there...

Now, that's Cool! oh ya and saving the girls life and all
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    WTF... If that was my kid you would be in my will.
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    norm wrote:
    Snakeduck wrote:

"...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Green CircleGreen Circle Posts: 5,192
    No good deed goes unpunished!
    "...And I fight back in my mind. Never lets me be right.
    I got memories. I got shit so much it don't show."
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    WTF... If that was my kid you would be in my will.

here's the plan eye'd....

i'll toss the kid in, you pull him out...we'll split the purse
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    Mamasan23 wrote:

I probably would have done this ^^^ :lol::lol::lol:

maybe they took her floating full well knowing that she would get stuck and couldn't get out.

congrats saving her though.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    I dont have cable so I love coming here to get my animal planet fix!

Good job saving that girl SnakeEeyed :P
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)